Picture

One Sho†
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sat in the empty apartment room looking at a picture frame. The rooms had grown lonely, and the only sound that came out the whole day was the whistling of the wind escaping from the open cracks in the windows. Days seemed longer with only a spare person to take up the big area. I silently tapped at the glass of the picture frame. It’s frame was laminated with a fake coat of mahogany. I frowned at the picture and threw it across the room, the cheap thing shattering with a loud clanging sound.  

 

///


“Min-Hyun, over here!” Yongguk called over. He pulled my right hand out and slapped a stack of money onto it. “I finally got your landlord to cut your contract so you don’t have to pay anymore and officially live with us. He even gave me last month’s rent back.” he gave a grin and patted my head. I pouted looking at the money. “Yongguk, you’re not supposed to scare him to get money back, I can find a job! I don’t need you to help me get my money back. Aish, Yongguk, please don’t get into trouble...” I said worried. “You’re involved with guns and rivalry everyday of your life. It makes me worry a lot.” I thought to myself looking up at him. I stuffed the extra cash handed to me in my drawer and headed down to the garage to Himchan. He was working on a car. It was a sleek black Lamborghini with LED lights, and an engine so quiet, it was perfect for getaway. “When did you guys pick up this ride?” I asked feeling its sleekness and smooth paint job. Himchan rolled from under the car and out, all covered in gunk and his white tank top stained. He grabbed a towel close to him and wiped his hands and forehead. “Hey beautiful.” he chimed giving me a small kiss on the head. He peered in the interior of the car. The seats were pitch black as well and leather. Top of its class. “Nice isn’t it? Picked it up from a haul that was being imported here last night. Way too easy. I’m just switching out some parts right now.” I nodded pursing my lips. Himchan put his arm around me and admired the car. “Don’t worry sweetheart, we know what we’re doing.” “You guys always say that though.” Himchan grabbed his water bottle located on the counter and drank half of it down. “Ah speaking of all of this, Yongguk is recruiting someone since we’ve been feeling a bit short handed lately. He’s coming today. I think he used to know him a while ago.” “Great...” I huffed taking the bottle from him and drinking the other half.  


The doorbell rang a few hours later. I shuffled to the door not realizing Yongguk had already opened the door. A man a few years younger than Yongguk stood in front of the doorway with a smile. His hair was cut short like a small mohawk, and his hair was black. His lips were plump and he had a bit of a baby face. I gave an uneasy look. “Ah, Min-Hyun, you’re just in time to meet Youngjae, my gang’s newest addition. I used to know him a while back.” I looked at Youngjae up and down and gave a sour face. “Yeah, you used to know him. I don’t trust this guy.” I said. I took a step closer to analyze him some more, and I accidentally tripped over Yongguk’s foot. My eyes widened as I saw what would either happen next, land straight on Youngjae, or I could pull Yongguk’s long olive colored coat and he’d land with me. I grabbed Yongguk’s coat causing him to tumble down on top of me. I rubbed my eyes and groaned in pain as Yongguk got up and picked me up, setting me down carefully examining me. “Are you okay?” he asked looking at my arms and checking if my face was alright. I nodded. “Yeah, sorry...” I mumbled embarrassed.

////

Youngjae’s pov.

Who was this girl ? I stared at her as she neared me, but clumsily tripped over Yongguk. I cracked a smile seeing how much Yongguk worried over a little thing like her tripping. “Are you okay?” he kept asking her, looking at every aspect of her hand that landed on the ground
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter