Chapter 12: The Bench

Worth A Try

Ji Hyo looked back at Jong Kook in disbelief. She could feel her stomach filled with butterflies. Jong Kook oppa thinks about me ‘that’ way??! Her heart was racing in happiness, but her mind was still trying to absorb all the words. Those are the sentences that she had been waiting for since that incident. She really wanted to hear those words from the conscious Jong Kook. For awhile she could see the world in a whole new way. Everything seemed beautiful. Especially the man beside her. Ji Hyo stared at him for quite a long time. She admired his eyes, his hair, his muscular arms, and all. She wanted to hear Jong Kook’s voice again. She wanted to hear those words again. But he didn’t say it again.

Jong Kook also couldn’t believe that he just said that. He wasn’t usually that bold and straight to the point. He lowered his head and waited for Ji Hyo to say something. But she was just staring weirdly at him. What should I say?! I’m so embarrassed. I shouldn’t have said that. Arrgh! Jong Kook was full of doubts. He was afraid that Ji Hyo actually didn’t have any feelings for him. He waited longer only to find that Ji Hyo had nothing to say. From that he assumed, either Ji Hyo didn’t like him or she was too naïve to understand what he was trying to say. To break the silence and wash away his embarrassment, Jong Kook started to talk about another topic.

“Yah Mong Ji Hyo! You have to make it up to me for making me jealous!!” Jong Kook suddenly yelled with excitement and happiness. He tried to clear up the mess he did earlier and he thought it was the best way to break the silence.

“Huh?” Ji Hyo’s blank face made Jong Kook burst in laughter. She’s really cute. I couldn’t help but falling in love even deeper for her. Jong Kook started the car engine before he answered her question. He didn’t care about anything else. Not even about kidnapping Ji Hyo and making Ji Hyo’s manager wait. He forgot everything when he was with her.

“Oppa, where are we going??!” Ji Hyo panicked as they headed away from the running man set. She could see her van coming from the other way but Jong Kook kept on driving.

“Just sleep, I’ll wake you up when we arrive.” He answered casually as if everything was going on as usual.

“Aishh Jong Kook oppa, just tell me where are we going?” For a moment Jong Kook could see excitement in her eyes behind all of the panicking she was feeling.

“Just fasten your seatbelt yah Mong Ji, oppa will take you to somewhere nice!”

Ji Hyo who had forgotten about the dinner decided to throw away her anxiety. She knew she could trust Jong Kook. She felt safe around him. After arguing with Jong Kook for a quarter hour, Ji Hyo fell asleep. Jong Kook could only smile while watching her slept in peace.

Soon they arrived at a beautiful park. Jong Kook parked his car a few meters away from the park and woke Ji Hyo up. The woman was surprised when she saw the view. She knew she had been here before, but she couldn’t remember when. The lighting was very beautiful. There were small lights hanging on the trees everywhere. Small benches were placed tidily behind them.

“Aah!! This park! This is the park near the place where the birthday pary was held. I talked with Chang Joo oppa here! I didn't recognize it because of the beautiful lights” Ji Hyo opened the car door without even looking at Jong Kook that had been staring at her since they arrived there. The man smiled again although he could feel the lack of attention that Ji Hyo had given him. He followed her outside the car and led her to one of the bench.

“Ji Hyo-ah, please take a seat and let the conversation begins!!”

“Oppa, what are you talking about??” Ji Hyo sat on the bench and stared at him.

“Here’s what we’re going to do.” Jong Kook sat beside her and started to explain his plan to her. “You have to make it up to me because you make me jealous the other day. So now we’re going to do everything that you ding with Chang Joo. Starting from having a conversation here.” Jong Kook smiled widely.

“Oppa, you’re so childish!! This is so embarrassing. I don’t want to do it!!” The women turned her head to right and to left, trying to make sure no one saw them there.

“Ji Hyo-ah, do this for oppa, okay?” Jong Kook really knew how to make women did what he asked them to do. And this woman, Ji Hyo, really fell into his trap. The ‘oppa’ he was using really made the butterflies in her stomach gone crazy.

“So what are we going to talk about?” She sighed and smiled.

“Aiish, why are you always asking Ji Hyo-ah? Am I your answering machine? Just think about something nice to discuss.”

“I didn’t discuss anything with Chang Joo oppa.” Ji Hyo laughed when she heard Jong Kook’s words. “‘discuss’ was not the right word to use, oppa. You’re so funny!!” She laughed even harder although it actually was not that funny.

“It’s nice seeing you laughing like this.”

The two people stared at each other. There was silence for awhile, but soon Ji Hyo broke it.

“Thank's to you for making me laugh again, oppa. It’s very nice of you. You really made my day.” She smiled. And that smile was the prettiest smile Jong Kook had ever seen in his life. He didn’t want to let the smile go. He didn’t want to let Ji Hyo go. He wanted to be with her. Forever. And ever. Then there was silence. And the time stopped. Ji Hyo’s movements were all slow motion to Jong Kook. Somehow he could hear songs in the background but he knew it was just his imagination. Then…. Everything went back to normal again. In fact, it wasn’t normal at all. Time passed so fast, it was like they were riding a roller coaster. They talk, they laugh, they smile, they walk. Everything felt like it happened just in a second.

But unfortunately, everything has its own ending. And this good feeling ended with a phone call from Chang Joo.

“Ji Hyo-ah, where are you? I’ve been waiting for you since… since I don’t know. Half an hour ago probably. Your manager said you’re not on the set. Where are you?” Chang Joo’s yell woke Ji Hyo up from her sweet reality with Jong Kook. She suddenly remembered about the dinner. The panicked woman took a look at Jong Kook, trying to beg for a help. “Oppa, what should I tell him??” Ji Hyo whispered to Jong Kook. Jong Kook didn’t know exactly what was going on because Ji Hyo didn’t tell him about the dinner at all, so he just shook her head in confusion. 

“Ah Chang Joo oppa… I.. umm.. I had a fever so Jong Kook oppa took me home. Sorry I didn’t call you to cancel the dinner earlier, there was no signal here.” It was the biggest lie she had ever told her boss, although the thing about the signal was actually a fact. That was why she didn’t notice that her manager had tried to call her several times before Chang Joo did.

“Ji Hyo-ah… Hmm.. I can’t blame you for this. So…. Just take care of yourself. Do you want me to bring you some food? Have you eaten?”

Ji Hyo panicked again, there was no way she could let Chang Joo bring her some food. She wasn’t even at home yet. She was still in the middle of a fun “discussion” with Jong Kook.

“No oppa, it isn’t necessary. I’ve eaten and I really wanted to rest now.” Another big lie was coming from Ji Hyo’s mouth.

After making sure Chang Joo wouldn’t go to her place, Ji Hyo hung up the phone and exhaled. She was really relieved Chang Joo didn’t suspect anything. The woman then turned to Jong Kook again and sighed. She felt bad for lying to her boss. But she felt good for finally feeling alive again. Oppa, I can't think when I'm with you. 

 


 

Chang Joo sighed and put his phone down. From behind his car's window he could see Ji Hyo and Jong Kook sitting together on a bench. The bench where it all began. The bench where for the first time he thought he might had a chance with Ji Hyo. The bench where his expectation crushed into pieces.

 



A/N:I know, I know, It's not a really good chapter and this story is getting more umm... I don't know.... it's just different from what I expected in the first place. I kinda like it though, so let's just go with this ;D

I'll be waiting for you criticism and comments :) Sorry for the english, I'm getting even more careless day by day.

Ahh, I'm so sleepy and I'm now writing random things here that probably would annoy you guys :D