Chapter 13: The Real Confession

Worth A Try

Chang Joo headed back to his office. He regretted his decision. His first intention was to pick up Ji Hyo at the set. But unfortunately he saw Ji Hyo went in to a car that turned out to be Jong Kook's. Chang Joo couldn't help but followed the car until they finally reached the park. Nothing could describe the hurt feeling he was feeling at the certain moment. The woman he liked lied to him and went out with another guy. The CEO could only shed a tear and accepted the fact that Ji Hyo didn't like him back. He lost his dignity.

The workaholic man sat silently on his big comfy chair. He could only stared at some documents that he left earlier on the huge table in front of him. He sighed, not knowing what to do. His parents had called him several times, telling him to get married as soon as possible. This is just hopeless. No one wants to be with me. I've liked Ji Hyo for quite a long time but I guess liking her for longer will lead me to nothing. It's just a waste of time and it's really pointless. Well, Jong Kook-ssi will be a perfect man for Ji Hyo.... Chang Joo covered his face with his hands. He could feel pain in his head every time he remembered the thing.

Suddenly, someone knocked his door. He tried his best to act like nothing happened, and told the person to came it. It was Ji Hyo's manager. She came in and greet the CEO politely.

"Have you found her Chang Joo-ssi?" Her breath was uncontrollable. She had been running, calling, and searching for Ji Hyo everywhere.

"Ah, Sun Mi-ssi, she's alright." Chang Joo forced a smile. The manager, Sun Mi, was really relieved. She thought Ji Hyo was kidnapped by a stranger or someone. But the sensitive woman sensed something wrong in Chang Joo's expression.

"I'm glad she's alright. But are you alright too, Chang Joo-ssi?" She walked closer to Chang Joo's table, trying to take a better look at him. He didn't answer her question and sighed. From his behavior, Sun Mi knew something wasn't right. But she also knew that Chang Joo wouldn't like to tell her his problems. She smiled and asked him.

"Want to have a drink with me?"

 


 

Ji Hyo knew she was wrong for lying to his boss, and she felt bad for it. Jong Kook could see her mood changed. He knew it was because the phone call but he didn't really understand what happened.

"Ji Hyo-ah, what's wrong with Chang Joo?"

Ji Hyo sighed, and then she started to explain everything to Jong Kook. From the part where Chang Joo came to her house after Jong Kook left, until the moment Jong Kook took her here and she didn't even remember about the dinner.

Jong Kook admitted, it was somehow his fault too, forcing Ji Hyo to come to the park. All he could do was saying sorry and trying to comfort her.

"Come on Ji Hyo-ah, cheer up! Let's drink coffee, okay?" Ji Hyo smiled when she heard Jong Kook's invitation.

"Coffee would be nice."

They stood up and walked back to the car. In the car on the way to buy coffee, Ji Hyo tried to think about happy things rather than thinking about Chang Joo. She tried to clear her mind. A cup of coffee will surely make my feelings better. Jong Kook oppa really know how to make a woman happy. But then suddenly the word 'coffee' reminded her to something. It reminded her to the cafe across the bus station she went last week. She saw Jong Kook with a woman there, and there was definitely something going on between them. Ji Hyo closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She couldn't believe for awhile she thought Jong Kook might like her as well. She mumbled in embarrassment. Why on earth did I think he might like me back? He was just sorry for me. That could explain why he acted so nice to me today. Damn you Kim Jong Kook!

"Oppa, stop the car." Ji Hyo said with coldness in her voice.

"Huh?" Of course Jong Kook was confused, he couldn't read Ji Hyo's mind. He didn't have any idea of what she was thinking. He didn't stop at all, in fact, he unreasonably drove the car faster.

"Stop the car!" Ji Hyo's voice was tense.

"You're being irrational, Ji Hyo-ah. What's going on?" Jong Kook took a single glance at her.

"Yah, Kim Jong Kook, stop the car!!" Her eyes were teary and Jong Kook could see that she wasn't joking. He stopped the car on the left side of the road. Ji Hyo tried to get out from the car, but the door was locked. What is it with the drama!? I''m not usually like this! God, why am I so emotional today?!!! Ji Hyo stared at Jong Kook with her blank face. She really didn't know how to act around him.

"Ji Hyo what's wrong with you?! Are you having menstruation or something??" Jong Kook lost his temper. He was really desperate. What did I do wrong?! I try my best to make her happy but it seems really impossible.

Ji Hyo was shocked. Seeing Jong Kook staring at her with that look made her feel scared. But she wasn't that easy to beat. The surprised woman tried to control her fear and defend herself. She really didn't want to look weak in front of Jong Kook.

"Yah Kim Jong Kook!! Now tell me do you like me or not?! You-you went out with another woman and then you easily knocked on my door and saying that you were jealous when you saw me with another guy. You.. you..." Ji Hyo hesitated. She ran out of breath because her heart beat so fast.

Jong Kook who still couldn't control his temper, yelled at her. "Yah, I like you Mong Ji Hyo! Why can't you see?!!!"

"So who was that young woman you walked with on the valentine's day?!!" Apparently, Ji Hyo wasn't aware of Jong Kook's previous sentence. She didn't notice it at all. Her anger was already taking control of her brain.

"She's Soya, my niece!!! You-you-yo-" Jong Kook stuttered, not knowing what to say. He kept telling himself that he needed to think and breathe. Ji Hyo was tired of arguing too. She leaned her head on the car seat and tried to absorbed all the things that they were arguing about. Jong Kook did the same thing too. And the two realized something at the same time.

"Oppa, you were saying-" Ji Hyo stared at him in disbelief, and Jong Kook also stared at her with the same look.

"I-I was... I was just..." He turned his face away and looked straight to the traffic in front of them. He gripped the steering wheel so tight although the car wasn't moving.

"Oppa, can we just straight these things out? I like you, you like me. What's holding us back?"

 


A/N: I really don't know where this is going to end. This is such a short chapter XD Hope it doesn't disappoint you!