Chapter 2: Oppa Oppa Oppa

Worth A Try

The sun didn't show up on that Wednesday morning. The cloud was dark and the rain were falling all over the place. The sound of raindrops made Ji Hyo felt comfortable. It was actually the first time Ji Hyo listened to the rain song. Maybe the rain has its own orchestra. Too bad it doesn't get paid for this beautiful performance, she thought.

Rain was the only thing that could wake her up. Surely her love for rain was bigger than her love for sleep. Well, she was famous for her sleeping habit. "Sleep anywhere anytime" was her favorite motto. But now, that motto meant nothing for her. She couldn't let her eyes off off the rain. She had been sitting next to her bedroom window for an hour  just looking at the wet street. It would be nice to take a walk outside. Breathing the fresh air and feeling the wet pouring rain on my hair. But my manager won't be happy if I catch a cold. Well.... Who cares!!

She grabbed her blue umbrella and started walking down the slippery street. The smell of the pouring water made her steps felt lighter. She shut her mind down for awhile and started to follow her intuition instead. After walking for almost an hour without feeling tired, she realized there was something wrong. She didn't know where she was. She stood there on a street that she never saw before without nobody to ask. She was hypnotized by the rain and paralyzed by her own default. Soon she panicked and tried to call her manager. Too bad there was no signal in that neighborhood area. In the middle of the situation, a car passed quickly from behind her. Its tire ran over a puddle of water, and the water splashed on her shirt.  She screamed with surprise. She was all wet and the driver didn't stop the car at all. So... the angry Ji Hyo showed its real form. She chased the car and told the driver to stop.

 


 

Jong Kook remembered to call his appa. But the morning rain made him feel lazier than usual. Eomma will be alright, he thought. So he packed up some clothes and headed straight to the gym. He wanted to jog around the neighborhood, but the puddles of water made the street  more slippery. He didn't want to take the risk that he could accidentally fall and break his legs. The rain still had not stop yet when he finished working out at the gym. So he drove back home again. There was nowhere else to go anyway.

He drove his car faster than usual because the street was empty. He saw a few people walking on the side of the street, but he knew he wouldn't hit those people. But suddenly he heard a voice from outside the car. It was like a scream but he didn't hear it clearly. He slowed his car and tried to listen again.

"YAH!! STOP! Yeah you, STOP!!"

Jong Kook was surprised. He could see a woman with a blue umbrella running behind his car from the rearview , so he supposed it was him that she was calling. He moved the car aside, turned off the engine, and got out from it. The woman was still  4 meters away when he noticed her face. She looked exactly like Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo ah??" He shouted a bit so the woman could hear his voice.

The woman suddenly stopped running. She looked pretty confused at first but then it seemed like she could manage to hide her confusion. She started walking calmly towards Jong Kook instead of running with anger on her face like what she did earlier.

"Jong Kook oppa???"

"Ji Hyo yah, what are you doi--- Yah, your shirt is all wet!"

"Yah oppa, you're the one to blame! Don't you notice you ran over a puddle of water over there and it splashed all over my shirt!"

"Really? Oppa is really sorry. My house is a half kilometer from here, come over and I'll lend you a shirt." He said with a soft voice to show how sorry he was.

"You're going to lend me pants too aren't you oppa..." She said with a mocking intonation and took a glaze at her wet pants at the same time to show that she had not accept his apology yet.

"Ji Hyo aah Oppa is really sorry...." He pleaded again.

"Okay oppa. I'll forgive you if you treat me breakfast."

"Okay then, oppa will buy you some food, Ji Hyo ah!!" Jong Kook smiled happily

Ji Hyo had a sudden thought when she heard the sentence. Jong Kook oppa is so cute when he called himself oppa. I can barely see his eyes when he smiles. No wonder women like him very much. He's really good looking.... Stop it Ji Hyo! What are you thinking!!

"You really like calling yourself 'oppa' aren't you? You could've said 'I will buy you some food' but you said 'oppa will buy you some food' instead." Her curiosity grew bigger and she couldn't hide it anymore.

"Ah, oppa didn't realize it before...." He was confused, not knowing what to say because he really didn't notice before.

"Yah, you did it again, oppa!!"

"Ah, oppa didn't notice!" He still didn't notice that he was calling himself oppa again.

"Stop it Jong Kook oppa, you're doing it again!"

"Ahahaha, sorry Ji Hyo ah. I can't control it.... Let's just go to my place first then we'll get something to eat."

"Okay."

They got into Jong Kook's car and started driving to his house. Meanwhile, they continued their conversation."

"You came here walking, Ji Hyo ah?"

"Yes oppa. I got lost. I enjoyed the rain too much."

Soon they arrived at his house.