Chapter 18: The First Date

Worth A Try

Jong Kook slowly pulled his body away from Ji Hyo. He tried to look away so Ji Hyo couldn’t see his crying face. But Ji Hyo acted fast. She placed her hands on Jong Kook’s face and turned his face toward her. She softly wiped Jong Kook’s tears and held his hands tightly. She didn’t say any word but Jong Kook could feel her love striking to his heart. She loves me for who I am. She didn’t mind me crying like a little boy. Ji Hyo-ah, oppa loves you very much. He said secretly in his head.

“Oppa, you can cry as much as you like. I’ll be here, wiping your tears away.” She kept her voice calm. There was no respond from Jong Kook, but she knew the look on his eyes changed.

“You can talk and scream or yell and-and I don’t know, be mad or something. I’ll stay, I’ll listen to your burden.” The woman got a little bit emotional. She knew she loved him very much, but she didn’t know she was able to say those things to him. She didn’t know she loved him that much.

Ji Hyo let go of Jong Kook’s hands and ran her fingers through the man’s hair.

“Oppa… I’ll cry if you cry…” She placed her head on Jong Kook’s chest and once again hugging him.

Jong Kook felt embarrassed. Crying in front of her and making her sad were not the main reason why he came there. Those words that Ji Hyo said really touched him. Being around Ji Hyo did make him feel more comfortable. It was like the weight that he was carrying suddenly lifted away from his shoulder.

“Ji Hyo-ah. My eomma is not sick.” He said as he slowly pushed himself away from Ji Hyo and turned his body around, trying to avoid eye contact with her.

“It’s good then oppa.” Ji Hyo didn’t try to look at his face. She knew he didn’t want to face her and she didn’t want to make him uncomfortable.

“No it’s not like that, Ji Hyo-ah.” He turned to face her. The older man looked really miserable and Ji Hyo didn’t know what to say.

“Oppa, just get in first, let’s talk inside.”

Jong Kook hesitantly walked into the room, followed by Ji Hyo who gently closed the door. He stopped in the middle of the room and stood there tensely.

“My appa tricked me Ji Hyo-ah. He told me that eomma was sick. He said that only to make me go home. Do you know his real intention?” He started to breathe uncontrollably. Ji Hyo shook her head silently as she saw Jong Kook sat on the edge of the bed.

“He wants me to meet his friend’s daughter. He wants me to marry her.”  He reluctantly said the words.

“Tell him you have me, oppa!” Ji Hyo somehow was sad to hear the news. She quickly sat beside him and tried to make an eye contact with him.

“Oppa told that to him. But he didn’t want to listen.” He sighed and continued, “He didn’t even believe that you exist. He thought I was just making an excuse.” Then he sighed again for the second time. “He also said you’re a bad woman Ji Hyo-ah.” He looked down, ashamed of his appa.

Ji Hyo was hurt. Surely she didn’t think that Jong Kook’s father would ever say those rude things. But she had to put aside her dignity because her oppa was hurt. It wasn’t about her, it’s about him.

“I guess your appa was right, oppa. I do feel like a bad woman.”

“Ji Hyo-ah, what are you saying?? You’re not a bad woman at all!!” Jong Kook immediately turned his head to face the woman. There was confusion in his eyes. He realized he just said the wrong thing. Those words would only made Ji Hyo sad.

“I feel like a bad woman for loving such a good man like you.” She smiled, making Jong Kook’s heart beat faster.

“And do you feel that I’m real? ‘Cause I can’t believe that you’re real, oppa. You’re like a dream to me.” She smiled even sweeter.

“Yah Ji Hyo-ah, stop it!! You’re making me blushed!” Jong Kook tried to look away.

Ji Hyo burst in laughter when she saw the older man embarrassed. She tried to stop laughing but she turned out to laugh even louder.

“Yahhh stop it Song Ji Hyo!! You’re embarrassing me!!” Jong Kook tried to cover with his hand but she stood from the bed quickly so he couldn’t reach her.

“Oppa you’re really cute!! Hahahah!!” She kept teasing him until she got tired herself. Jong Kook’s mood was a little bit lightened up when he saw her laughing like that. It was like a part of him really wanted to laugh with her, but he just couldn’t. He still thought about his appa’s words, and that really stressed him out.

“Yah oppa, smile a bit for me.” She stared at him disappointedly. The forced smile that Jong Kook gave her was not enough. She wanted a real smile, Jong Kook’s real smile.

“Can I sleep here? I’m so tired.” Jong Kook ignored her and stood up. He knew Ji Hyo was somehow hurt, but he just didn’t want to smile. He didn’t feel like smiling.

“Yes oppa. Sleep on the bed, I’ll take the sofa.” She looked down and sighed. He really didn’t want to talk with me right now. Oppa, I hope you’re fine.

“No, I’ll sleep here.” He lay on a couch near the window and closed his eyes without even bother to look at her.

Ji Hyo sighed once again and lay on the bed. She rolled her body to face Jong Kook, wondering what he was thinking at the moment. Soon she could hardly open her eyes and fell asleep. It was such a tiring day for her and she knew that it was even more tiring for Jong Kook.

 


 

When Jong Kook opened his eyes, it was already 3.00 p.m. He looked around, thinking to figure out where he was. Then his eyes caught someone on the bed. Ahh, I’m in Ji Hyo’s motel room. He got up and walked toward her. She’s such a sleeping beauty. Jong Kook sat beside her on the side of the bed. He thought about their conversation earlier and felt really bad about it. Ji Hyo was being really kind to him but he didn’t reply her kindness. He didn’t even smile for her.

 He touched her right cheek with affection, admiring her peaceful face. How could I do that to you, Ji Hyo-ah? Oppa was really bad. I wish I can make it up to you.  Then suddenly Ji Hyo’s eyelid fluttered. She slowly opened her eyes, noticing that someone was touching her face. She was relieved when she saw Jong Kook beside her. He gave her a big smile, indicating that he was fine now and he was really sorry for what happened earlier. Ji Hyo smiled back at him and slowly sat on the bed.

“Let’s have a real date this time, Ji Hyo-ah. I want to make it up to you”

Of course Ji Hyo wouldn’t say no. She was actually really happy. The woman headed to the bathroom and started to get ready. Jong Kook stayed on the room and tried to find something better to wear.  He went into the bathroom after Ji Hyo finished getting ready.

They finally went out the motel room after spending an hour of getting ready. The sky was gray and they knew the rain would come sooner or later, but they just don’t care. It was their first date and there was nothing in the world could stop them from stepping their feet out of the room. They laughed, realizing that there was nothing they should be worrying about. Jong Kook’s appa? Nah, they would manage to get the thing right.

The two lovey doveys decided to go and eat something for dinner although it was still 4 p.m. They slept all afternoon so they didn’t eat anything. That would explain all the pain Ji Hyo felt in her stomach. They couldn’t decide which restaurant they wanted to go to. They finally stopped at an Italian restaurant they saw downtown. It was a new restaurant in town. People seemed to be uninterested to go there. It wasn’t crowded, or more precisely, there was no sign of human existence there.

A waiter walked to them excitedly when he saw them went inside. He asked them where did they want to sit, although it wasn’t really necessary. He smiled continuously, making him looked like he didn’t see rain for a year. Jong Kook smiled to Ji Hyo, trying to say something to her. Yah, Ji Hyo-ah, we really are their first customers, eh? Ji Hyo nodded, confirming that she understood what he was trying to say.

They sat on the corner and stared at the menu for awhile. Soon they finished ordering and their food came. Jong Kook was surprised when he saw the food he ordered. He though it would look unappetizing, but instead it looked really yummy.

“Yah Ji Hyo-ah, what makes this restaurant lack of customers? The food looks good.” He whispered to her, worrying the waiter could hear him.

“Just taste it first oppa, then you can judge.” She said as she put a big portion of spaghetti into . She stayed in silence for awhile and looked at him with a weird looking face.

“I don’t know oppa. This tastes good.”  She said again. “Wanna try mine oppa?”

“No thanks Ji Hyo, you looked really hungry. Just finish it.” He laughed.

It was just an ordinary date. They shared some meaningful gaze, held hands, and said romantic words, not more. It was fun though to talk about works and weather, forgetting about their problems for awhile.

 


A/N: So guys, I wanna say sorry because I really don't think this is a good chapter. I'm having a bad week and a broken heart here. Some strangers tricked my maid and went in to my house..  they stole my camera and my lens. Yeah I'm really down now. I really love my camera T_T Okay this looks like I'm just trying to ask for your simpathy, just forget it....

Oh and guys, do you notice that in the first chapters of this story I used the words ‘manager unnie’ to describe Ji Hyo's manager? It was because I didn’t know what the manager’s real name was (okay I admit, I still don’t know it). Then as the story went by, I started to feel uncomfortable calling her ‘manager unnie’, so I tried to find some information about Ji Hyo’s manager. Unfortunately, I found nothing. Then I remembered that this fanfic, which is called World Spins Madly On by red_sneakers (probably you read this story too—it’s really good), used the name ‘Park Sun Mi’. And without any further consideration, I used that name too because I think it was the manager’s real name. I guess you already knew where this thing is going: Sun Mi is purely Miss red_sneakers’ imagination. Yup, I’m plagiarizing. red_sneakers unnie is fine with that, but i still think I did a terrible mistake. So I'm taking this chance to make it up to you unnie by promoting your story. Guys visit World Spins Madly On, okay!! (well this is so embarrassing cause I'm sure you already read it long before you read mine, so this is really not working) I'm babbling now so let's just end this.

I just wanna say sorry sorry sorry and reaaaally sorry :'(