Chapter 3: Let Me Eat The Instant Noodle

Worth A Try

Jong Kook entered his house followed by Ji Hyo behind him. It's a simple yet well-designed house. Ji Hyo stood in the middle of the living room, taking a serious look at every corner of the house. She never been to Jong Kook's house before. Well, they weren't close to each other in real life. Surely they had each others' phone number but they never used them before. Last night was the first time Ji Hyo went home together with Jong Kook and she was glad she could get along with him.

Ji Hyo thought that Jong Kook was quite harsh and shy, but in fact he was a calm, polite, caring man. Ji Hyo herself was confident in front of camera, but actually she was quite shy. 

"Ji Hyo ah, why don't you take a seat and make yourself feel comfortable?" Jong Kook said awkardly.

"My pants are wet, oppa. The mud will make your sofa dirty."

"Ah, I almost forget about it. I'll find some clothes for you."

Jong Kook went to his bedroom and tried to find a shirt that would fit Ji Hyo's body. Unfortunately, he got nothing which could fit perfectly in her, so he grabbed his dark blue t-shirt that he wore all the time. Then luckily, he saw short pants hanging on the hangers. The pants were his sister's. She accidentally left it there a few years ago after she visited Jong Kook.

"Sorry, my t-shirts are all big. This is the best I can find for you." Jong Kook handed the clothes to her.

"Oppa, this is your favorite t-shirt. Is it really okay if I wear it?" Ji Hyo didn't look so sure about it.

"It's alright. Anyway, how do you know it's my favorite??" He was puzzled.

"You wear it a lot oppa. I saw you wearing this shirt to the running man set."

"I see... You could change your clothes in the bathroom over there. Here's the towel, you can dry yourself with this."

"Ah oppa, I don't know you already have a girlfriend..." Ji Hyo suddenly said those words when she saw the woman pants.

"It's not like that Mong JI!! It belongs to my sister."

"Ah sorry oppa! Really sorry!! Sorry for the missunderstanding oppa!"

"It's okay Mong Ji. Just dry yourself first, I don't want you to catch a cold."

After Ji Hyo went into the bathroom, Jong Kook sat on the sofa. He remembered the last time she brought a girl into his house was 4 years ago. That girl was his ex girlfriend. They were together for 2 years and their relationship was fine. They loved each other very much but somehow Jong Kook knew she wasn't the one for him. It was very diffucult for him to break up with her, but he knew it was the right decision. He didn't regret it, but still it wasn't easy for him knowing that his ex got married with another man a year after they broke up. Since then, it was hard for him to start another relationship. He chose not to have someone special in his life so he wouldn't lose anyone again.

There's a girl. In my house. Is this a sign??! But that girl is Ji Hyo ah. Jong Kook sighed. To him, Ji Hyo was not somebody to build a relationship with. She's a woman, that was obvious. But she was just a co-worker to him. They were just friends and that wouldn't go further.  Suddenly, Ji Hyo came out from the bathroom.

"Thank you very much oppa. It fits me." Ji Hyo smiled politely.

"Clearly the shirt is too big for you, I can tell that. The pants fit well, though. You look good, Ji Hyo ah." Jong Kook replied her smile with a sweeter smile that could make every girl flies. Even the blank Ji Hyo blushed seeing that smile.

"Ah oppa, I'm going to walk home now. Thank you very much!" She smiled at him again and headed to the doorway.

"Ji Hyo ah, I've promised you I would buy you some food for breakfast." Jong Kook tried to make her stay.

"It's already afternoon oppa, we can't have breakfast at this time. Afterall, I was just joking about that."

"It's 9.30 a.m now Ji Hyo. Oppa doesn't want to break a promise."

"I don't want to bother you oppa."

"Yah, you don't bother me Ji Hyo ah. I have nothing to do now and I haven't have breakfast too. Let's go eat."

Ji Hyo really didn't want to bother Jong Kook but apparently she didn't have any good reason to say no to Jong Kook. He seemed lonely too, so maybe she could help him a bit. But when they opened the door to walk out, the rain got bigger, so they decided to stay at home at cook some food by themselves.

Jong Kook's kitchen was big and it had a complete set of cookware. Unfortunately, he had no cooking ingredients. Not even vegetables or rice. They could find a few packs of instant noodle but Jong Kook didn't want to cook it. He didn't want to eat unheathy food.

"Oppa, your big kitchen is so useless! Can I at least eat the noodle?"

"Ji Hyo ah, instant noodle is not good for your health. How many times should I tell you?"

"Oppa, I'm hungry... Why do you have instant noodle in your kitchen if you don't want to eat it, oppaaaaa" She begged him to let her eat the instant noodle.

"You'll be fine Ji Hyo ah." She ignored her and sat comfortably on the sofa.

"Oppa, if you don't let me it the instant noodle, I'll walk home alone now!" She blackmailed him but Jong Kook kept on ignoring her.

"You're going to let a girl walked home alon in the rain oppa??" She kept trying to get his attention.

"Oppa, I'm going home!!"

Jong Kook the tv, acting like he doesn't care. Stubborn Ji Hyo opened the door but suddenly a strong wind blew and the cold air went through. She sneezed and closed the door immediately.

"Aishh Ji Hyo ah, you're gonna catch a cold!" He grabbed Ji Hyo's arm and forced her to sit beside him on the sofa.

"Oppa, let me eat the instant noodle... please..." She was begged him again.

"Ji Hyo ah, instant noodle isn't healthy." He looked her in the eye, just like an old man trying to give his daughter a word of wise.

"Oppa... please...."

"Ji Hyo ah, instant noodle isn't healthy." He repeated the same sentence, but this time with even a softer voice.

"Hachooo!!" Suddenly Ji Hyo sneezed again.

Jong Kook walked to her room and came out again with a blanket in his hand. He handed it to Ji Hyo without saying anything and walked to the kitchen. The commander was defeated. He made a bowl of instant noodle for Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo was amazed. Jong Kook oppa is so nice. He heard me sneezing and he rushed to his room to get me a blanket. He even made me the instant noodle. He's such a caring person. The funny thing is he's so shy, he didn't even say a thing to me. Ji Hyo couldn't help but smiling. She never saw this side of Jong Kook before.

"Eat it Ji Hyo ah. It'll warm you up." Jong Kook gave him a bowl of instant noodle.

"Thank you oppa. I don't know you're such a caring person."

"I dont want you to catch a cold Ji Hyo ah. I've told you before so many times."

"Oppa, eat this with me. It's so good. You should eat unhealthy food sometimes."

"Aigoo Ji Hyo ah, stop it." He looked straight to the tv.

By the time Ji Hyo finished the noodle, the rain stopped falling. Honestly, Ji Hyo didn't want to go home immediately. She didn't have anything to do alone in her house. She usually spent her day off by sleeping all day long, but sometimes she needed to do something new. Jong Kook didn't have anything to do either so he didn't mind if Ji Hyo spent more time there. In fact, he was kinda enjoying it.

They watched tv together, talked about Running Man, watched tv more, talked about health, talked about running man again, watched tv again, and finally, talking about their personal lifes.

"Oppa, do you still remember the thing we talked about last night?" Ji Hyo started the conversation.

"Which one?"

"Your problem. My problem. You knooow... that thing..."

"Ahhh, You can just say it directly."

"Do you think I will find someone oppa?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Do you think he'll be nice to me?"

"Well, it depends."

"Can you give me longer answer. It's really awkward oppa."

"I don't know what to say Ji Hyo ah. This is the kind of conversation that you should have with your girl friends."

"I can talk about this with manager unnie..." Ji Hyo felt something stabbed her. Her own words stabbed her.

"Don't you have other girl friends?" Jong Kook knew something was wrong.

"No oppa." She looked down. Only dared to look at her feet. 

 

 


*AAAAH so sorry about the short chapters!! I really don't know how much to write... Anyway, thanks for reading, hope you like it! I really like the way Jong Kook called himself 'oppa' and I love how he cared about Ji Hyo in his own way. Ji Hyo was really cute too. My mind is so out of control! I'm obviously a FanGirlGoneWild. Hahhahah. Sorry again for the bad english. I guess there are lots of spelling errors here.