My Pretty Strangers III

One Shot Collection

AUTHOR’S POV

Two plates of spaghetti were already served in front of the two girls but no one made a move until a faint noise was heard from the older girl, the older girl rubbed her tummy and eyed the plate carefully, the younger girl looked up and stifled her laugh, Jessica grinned sheepishly while Tiffany let out her laugh.

“Urgh… Sorry…” Tiffany showed an eye smile made Jessica wasn’t sure if it was hunger or butterflies that made butterflies that made her inside jumped around like that, "Your eyes smile along."

A faint pink tint spread slowly as Tiffany tugged her hair to behind her right ear, Jessica smiled, the view before her was just too beautiful she couldn’t hold her smiles.   "As much as I want to smile, I’m so hungry, can I?" Tiffany chuckled, Jessica's tummy did really melt the awkwardness between them, they were becoming more relax when Jessica started devouring the spaghetti, no wonder, she was really hungry. Tiffany watched Jessica eating while rolling her spaghetti with her fork, it has been a long time for Tiffany to see a view like that, honest actions. Without any intention, she didn’t have to be careful of the person in front of her, Jessica gave what she needed, safe place.

Tiffany shook her head, gulped her ice tea, 'What am I thinking...?' Tiffany was afraid and her fear slowly increasing especially when she saw how cute Jessica when the sauce of her own spaghetti flew and stained her cheek, Tiffany laughed, 'No, im too carefree, this feeling is too new for me. No. No."

Jessica took a napkin and wiped her cheeks but she missed a spot, a hand held hers, led her hand with the napkin to where it should be, her cheek was cleaned but her hand was held by Tiffany and her heart was running making her red in no time.

Unfortunately, Tiffany pulled her hand away from Jessica's, her expression showed guilty, Jessica didn’t know why but she hated it, "Wow, thank you, if I were you, I won’t help myself. I was cuter with the sauce right?"

Tiffany raised her brows, "You wish!"

Then Tiffany smiled again, not as bright as before but it was enough for Jessica. Now she knew that her favorite thing in this world isn’t her phone but a view of Tiffany's smile.

More than enough.

Period.

 -

 

"Do you want desserts?" Jessica hoped Tiffany would say yes but the latter shook her head, Jessica thought to herself, 'No, it can’t be ended like this, THINK JUNG THINK!'

Jessica took the menu, "Are you sure? These ice creams look really tempting..."

Tiffany peeked over her phone, Jessica hid a smirk, she knew Tiffany was tempted, another shot Jessi, come on, "Oh look, they have a new menu!" Tiffany now put her phone on the table but she busied herself with a napkin now, Jessica knew she was listening though, "S...straw....berry cheesecake with vanilla ice cre...am? Oh my God, this is just heav.."

The menu was taken by Tiffany and Jessica saw glint of stars or it was just her? Tiffany's eyes were shining, Jessica smirked, she knew she could hold the girl longer and she was more than proud of herself when Tiffany called for a waiter, "Oooh, someone is excited."

The older girl playfully raised her brows while Tiffany blushed but she glared at the girl, nothing would be cuter than that, Jessica laughed and the laugh was contagious, they shared a big laugh when the waiter got confused, Tiffany ordered anything pink in the menu which means 80% of it and the waiter came back to reassure that he heard the orders from these two petite girls right.

 "So, you like pink?" Again, glints of stars in Tiffany's eyes, 'Her eyes are so honest and my heart is warmed.'

"No, I love it!" Tiffany said it proudly as if liking pink is an achievement.

Jessica laughed as she eyed Tiffany from the head to toe, "What are you anyway? Pink monster?"

Tiffany looked at herself and found nothing wrong, "Why? My clothes are normal..." Jessica laughed even more, "Yeah...HAHAHAHA." Tiffany looked confused and it was a very cute view for the older girl.

“How about you?” Tiffany eyed the girl before her and guessing in her head, ‘Black tank top, white short shorts, black flip flops and dark grey coat at the back of her chair… Hmm… Is she that boring?’

“I like soft pink and yellow.” Tiffany couldn’t believe her ears, “But you use boring colors.” Jessica put her fork on the small plate beside her strawberry cake, “It isn’t boring, it’s just plain.” Tiffany shrugged her shoulders, “And beside, it’s yellow.” Jessica showed Sunny’s umbrella which luckily in her favorite color.

“Now, that’s brighter.” Tiffany smiled again and Jessica couldn’t hold her smile, she smiled back, “I heard about your Dad from the guy before, I’m sorry…”

Tiffany put her small spoon on the plate and showed a weak smile, “It’s alright.” Jessica wanted to hug her, the girl needed a hug so bad, “May I know what happened to your Dad? Why is he in the hospital?”

“He was stressed when my Mom passed away, he was doing fine until I realized that he was changed. He smoked, drank too much alcohol and he wasn’t young anymore at that time, his body couldn’t take it, he got sick. First, we thought it wasn’t something serious until he complained about his upper chest and some other parts on his body were in pain, then we found out that his lungs and liver couldn’t work properly due to the smoke and alcohol consumption. Then I took him to the hospital, the doctors did their best to help my Dad, they were succeeded but I couldn’t pay the bills and medicine, the manager of the hospital suggested me to let them take care of my Dad, I just need to pay the medicine since the manager couldn’t help that much, and the manager of the hospital is Siwon.”

Jessica got silenced, she opened but there was nothing came out, “Speechless hmm? About how unlucky I am? Are you pitying me now?” Jessica shook her head, “No, I was speechless about how strong you are.” Tiffany felt a surge of warm feelings in her chest, bursting into happiness, everyone always said something like how unlucky she was, everyone took pity of her and even took advantage, but no one ever thought how strong she was to face this unfair world alone and the blonde just did.

“May I know where does your Dad get hospitalized?” Tiffany picked out a business card from her purse, “Here.” Jessica took the card and gasped, ‘It’s my family’s hospital. And that brat is working for my parents? Damn that Sibrat-guy-won.’

“What is it? Do you know this hospital?” Jessica didn’t answer the girl, “How much left?” Tiffany took the business card  back from Jessica, “What?” Jessica looked so serious with her words, “I wanna help you.” Tiffany scoffed, “And what? Want me for a night or what? Just when I thought you were different.” Tiffany put her phone into her purse and got herself ready to stand up when a hand held hers, “No, I just wanna help you. Nothing more. You can walk away after it. I swear I won’t look for you.”

Tiffany felt a pang of pain in her heart, ‘She wont look for me. How can that affect me in a bad way…?’

“Please, it’s not the first time someone tells me that she/he wants to help me, but in the end, all they did was forcing me and some even almost me. No, not again. I’m leaving.” Tiffany stood up, Jessica followed her, she took her wallet, took out cash which more than enough and threw them onto the table, she picked the umbrella and her coat, running to follow Tiffany.

It was raining, Tiffany stopped walking when she felt no drops on her head, she looked up, there was a yellow umbrella, which familiar to her, shielding her head from the rain, she looked behind, Jessica followed her motion and smiled innocently, Tiffany scoffed, “Leave me.” Jessica shook her head, “It’s raining.”

“So what? It’s not the first time I’m walking in the rain and no one cares, so stop pretending like you…” A coat was dropped on her shoulders, “Wear that, it’s getting colder.”

Tiffany felt like she wanted to cry, first because she was denying the feelings that she liked everything Jessica did to her, second, because she was afraid that all Jessica did were just a mask to her true intentions, and third, she was confused with her own feeling, why this blonde affected her so much?

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders and the coat was dropped, “CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! LEAVE ME ALONE AND STOP CARING ABOUT ME!” Tiffany stormed away, leaving Jessica behind.

 

-

A door was slided as a girl figure coming inside, “Dad?”

A cough was heard before the guy smiled and answered Tiffany, “Fany! You came! How are you? How’s work in the café? Are you tired? Come here.” Mr. Hwang patted the place beside him on the bed.

Tiffany sat beside her Dad and cried it all on his shoulder, she lied to her Dad and the karma slapped her, everyone lied to her, she couldn’t trust anyone, the only one she could trust was her Dad. Ironically, her Dad couldn’t even help him.

“Fany?”

Tiffany clutched her Dad’s patient shirt, she cried so hard and her Dad felt guilty, “Sorry, Fany… Sorry if I’m being a burden for you…”

And Tiffany cried harder than before, “N…No… Dad, just get well as soon as you can… Im afraid I can’t take this anymore…” Mr. Hwang hugged his daughter tighter, “Sssh…”

'God, please help me and my Daughter. Please... Amen.' Unconsciously, he was already in tears, "Sssshh..." He hugged his daughter tighter, he hated how he was helpless to keep her daughter happy. But maybe this could lead Tiffany to the happiness, maybe, he hoped so.

A shadow was seen through the window at the door by Mr. Hwang, it was a beautiful blonde girl, but Mr. Hwang let it slide, maybe it was just a passerby.

 

-

“Dad, I want to check on patient in the room number 220.”

“Whoa, easy Sica. Can’t you at least give me a hug first? It is your first visit to the hospital since you left for that event organizer things, right? What is it, Sica? Tell Appa.” Jessica laughed at her Dad’s attempt to be sarcast, “Alright, hug comes first.” Then the Appa-Daughter hugged each other, “I miss you, Dad. I miss Umma, too.” Mr. Jung smiled as he patted Jessica’s back, “Then, come back.” Jessica pulled away and shook her head, “I can’t Dad.”

“Is being an Event Organizer what you always wanted? Where is my little Sica who wanted to be a doctor just like her Dad?” Jessica smiled as she was dragged to the couch in her Dad’s room, “It’s here, I do still want to be a doctor but not in this hospital.” Mr. Jung kept his mouth shut, he was ready to listen to the reasons he wanted to know since a very long time.

“All my friends in medical school were treating me differently because they knew I shouldn’t work too hard to get a job. They knew I’m your daughter, Dad. So I studied harder so I could prove to them that I wouldn’t be a burden for this hospital and to show them that I will be the best doctor just because I can, not because I’m your daughter. I’m tired to live under your big name, I’m tired to live with Jung as my last name, I’m tired with the labels people give to me. Especially when I got an A+ on the final surgery test, they said that it wasn’t because of me, it was because of I’m your daughter. That’s why I left and I wanted to build my own carrier.”

Mr. Jung smiled, “You are a grown up woman, I see.” Jessica laughed, “I am.” Mr. Jung took something from his drawer, “Look at this.” Jessica saw a report card, “HAHAHA, IS THIS YOURS DAD?! HAHAHAHA!” There were only a few A and B in that report card, the rest of them were C.

“You’re brilliant, Jung Sooyeon. I’m not as brilliant as you but I can be the owner of this hospital, why? Because I’m not that idealist to build everything with my own hands. I followed your Grandpa to build this hospital from the small clinic with him, everyone said that I couldn’t stand on my own feet but they were all silenced when I got an award for building a small clinic until this big hospital. I’m your Dad, no way I would let you walk by yourself, talk to me, I was waiting for a very long time until you come and talk to me like this.”

“Dad…” Jessica hugged her dearest old guy in front of her.

“And about patient at room number 220, you can check his condition, discuss it with Dr. Lee Donghae, and report the result for me. Tell me the reason when you’re ready. But…” Jessica was almost standing up and ran to the room where Mr. Hwang was in, “You have to come back to our house and work for me.”

Jessica stopped in her way, the dandyu couple’s faces came into her mind but then Tiffany’s face blocked it all, “Can I do that after this week? I have an event on this weekend.” Mr. Jung smiled, “As long as it can make you come back to our family, it’s alright. Here, use this ID card so they will let you in as a Doctor. You know what you have to do.”

Just when Jessica reached the doorknob, “Sica, may this old guy know why suddenly you came to this hospital again?” Jessica turned around, “Because I’m in love, Dad.”

 

 

TBC or not?