Kingdom Knights

One Shot Collection

 

AUTHOR’S POV

“Yes, Your Highness.” Tiffany knelt before King Yunho.

“Where is my Son?” Tiffany didn’t look up even a bit because of her nervousness,”He is playing with Princess Soojung, Your Highness.”

*BRAK*

King Yunho slammed the table in front of him,”I told you to watch over him! He has to study archery, cavalry and history to be the next King! Urggh… my heart.” King Yunho clutched his heart and sat back down with her wife rubbed her arms,”Are you okay?” Queen Boa signed Tiffany to go out before her King another burst out,”How can I take care of my people if I can’t control my own son…?” King Yunho took his sword and put it on the table,”I guess this sword won’t get another Owner after me.” Queen Boa inhaled and touched her necklace,”So this rune.”

 

-

 

“HAHAHA! Soojung-ah, look! Our artwork! HAHAHAHA!” Prince Jesse pointed to the door that both of them drew on, they painted their faces on the great hall’s door and laughed when they saw the guards were busily cleaned it before the King found out,”Your Highness, I’m sorry to disturb you, but I think you should attend the class now.” Kim Taeng, one of the 5 greatest knights in SM Kingdom interrupted their fun moment,”Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Where is the class?” Taeng called Tiffany,”Tiffany, you should show Prince Jesse the way.” But at that time, Princess Krystal whined,”Oppa, where are you going? Are you gonna leave me again…?”

In SM Kingdom, only the Prince that should take classes and fighting course, the Princess should have just waiting until a Prince from another Kingdom propose her, which was rather impossible for Princess Krystal, because of her very young age.

Jesse crouched to his sister,”My Princess Soojung, I have to go or Appa will get mad at me, you don’t want to see me get beaten by the guards all night again, right?” Princess Krystal pouted made Jesse felt guilty,”I have to get strong, Soojung-ah. So I can protect you.” Princess Krystal hugged her brother,”Be careful, Oppa!” Prince Jesse hugged his sister back and patted her head,”I will go now. Tiffany, please show me the way.” Tiffany bowed and led the way by walking in front of him while Lee Sunny took Princess Krystal’s hand then led her to the playground with her and Taeng.

“Tiffany? What is your specialty now?” Jesse broke the silence between them by asking her,”Sword and short range attack, Your Highness.” Prince Jesse mouthed an ‘O’ then kept walking,”What kind of class I will take today?” Tiffany answered without looking up to the Prince,”It’s art of sword class, Your Highness.” Again, Prince Jesse mouthed an ‘O’,”How about the other Knights? What are their specialties now?” Like Prince Jesse expected, Tiffany answered longer than before,”Taeng as the leader is already mastered cavalry and art of spear while Sunny mastered ninja tactics and using kunoichi these days. Yoong is in charge of rune magic while Yuri is the greatest with bow.” Prince Jesse nodded several times,”We are here, Your Highness.” Prince Jesse looked around and saw choices of swords that given to him.

“Welcome, Your Highness. I’m Georg and I’m in charge of this class, please choose your sword and let the fate lead your life.” Prince Jesse tilted his head as he was confused with the words that Georg gave but when she looked to Tiffany to give him explanation, he just caught Tiffany was gawking over the swords,”Which one should I choose, Tiffany?” Prince Jesse whispered to gawking Tiffany since he really didn’t know what he should do at the moment. He never been in any fighting classes before, but since the Kingdom was getting into a war these days, his parents told him to stop playing around and started thinking about the crown by learning about fighting and tactics.

“No, don’t ask her, Your Highness. Ask your heart.” Georg was a built man with one eye patch on his face, scars on his arms showed how experienced he was. Princ Jesse tapped his chin with his three fingers taking turns then he observed the swords. The first one was the sword with gems on the handle, he took it then lifted it,’Damn it’s heavy.’, he put it back and looked at the second sword, that was an ordinary sword with some Red Feathers at the end of the handle, he took it and tried to swing it,’Hmm, it’s okay, but it is so light.’, he put it back and took the last sword, he observed the sword and saw ‘JUSTICE’ engraved on the side of the handle, the blade was sharp and shone under the sunlight, when he took it, he can see that Tiffany didn’t leave her gaze on the sword,”What’s wrong, Tiffany? Do you know this sword?” Tiffany looked startled but she hung her head low instead,”No, Your Highness. I’m sorry for disturbing you.” Prince Jesse tried to swing the sword,’It feels…made for me.’ Jesse put it back then looked at Georg,”Which one do you recommend for me?” Georg laughed a bit then looked at Prince Jesse,”I am recommending you the sword that made you feel like,’This sword is made for me.’, like this one, see my sword here? This is my baby and I know that this is made for me since the blacksmith told me to choose years ago.” Prince Jesse smiled then took the third sword,”I take this one.” Georg smiled then ordered the guard to take the rest back,”Excellent choice, I must say. Let’s start the class, first, take your shirt off then run around this field for… Since you are the beginner, let’s just say… hmm… Four laps? Make it five, then. Now. Go!” Prince Jesse was startled with the voice that Georg made, he wasn’t seemed like the same person with the one who greeted him before.

Prince Jesse shyly took his shirt off, his body wasn’t built at all, even there was a cute little fat on his belly even his body overall was thin, but it didn’t fail to make Tiffany blushed a bit when she took his shirt and robe from Prince Jesse, she was in charge of taking care of Prince Jesse after all,”What are you waiting for? RUN!” Prince Jesse ran with Georg setting the dolls made from rice straws as the target.

Prince Jesse sweated a lot, he never felt that tired even though it was only two laps,”Prince Jesse, run faster or I will make you run.” Georg swung his sword skillfully with a smirk on his face made Prince Jesse shivered and ran for his life,”Tiffany, come here and practice with me.” Tiffany bowed a bit, she put Prince Jesse’s shirt and robe at the table near the guards and walked to him,”It’s been a long time, Miyoung.” Georg smiled as he swung his sword, get readied as Tiffany took her own sword,”Yes, Master Georg.” Then both of them immersed at the practice, literally forgot about Prince Jesse that almost died because of the heat and the run,”You’re getting so much better, Miyoung. But you have to get rid of your mercy towards people!” Tiffany dodged his hard swing,”I’m a knight, not a warrior, Master Georg. I am protecting, not attacking.” Georg scoffed,”That’s also why your Father isn’t here now, Miyoung. WAKE UP!” Then with a swing from the side of Tiffany from Georg, Tiffany lost her control of her sword, her sword flew away while Tiffany’s face became white, Georg put his sword back to his sheath and patted Tiffany’s head,”Knights’ job is protecting people, you are right, but how can you protect your beloved ones when you can’t win the battle? Outside this peaceful Kingdom, killing isn’t something big, you are still young, I don’t teach you to kill just anyone, but still, use your mercy towards people who deserves it, not for the people who begs for it.” Georg handed Tiffany’s sword back to the owner,”Your sword isn’t made for just anyone, make it a good use.” Then when Tiffany put her sword back to her sheath, the light shone upon the handle, made the engraved ‘JUSTICE’ reflected the sunlight.

“Are you done, Prince Jesse?” Prince Jesse who was laying down on the ground raised his thumb up because he didn’t have any energy more to talk,”Okay good, now 50 pushes ups for a beginner like you. Now.” Prince Jesse looked up and saw Georg’s sword above his head,”Now?” Prince Jesse gulped then forced himself to do the pushes ups.

 

-

 

The sun was almost set, Georg was already left them for the task from the King, he was the most respected Knight in the Kingdom, so the King trusted him more than he trusted his other knights. Prince Jesse was still doing his sits ups even though Georg already left,”49… 50! AARGGH!” Prince Jesse laid down flat on his back due to his fatigue, Tiffany walked closer to him and handed him the water and towels,”Here, Your Highness.” Prince Jesse took the bottle but his arms seemed to be so tired, Tiffany let out a little laugh but she quickly covered it with her hand, then she took the bottle, opened it and helped Prince Jesse to drink it by helped him sat up, Prince Jesse leaned his back on Tiffany’s torso and gulped the drink,”Aaah…” Tiffany was a little blushing because of their skin contacts, but she didn’t do anything, she let Prince Jesse slid down then laid down on the ground again, left Tiffany sat down beside him.

“Thank you, Tiffany. It’s been a long time since you help me with anything.” Prince Jesse tilted his head to Tiffany and smiled, Tiffany nodded and hung her head low,”Yes, Your Highness.” Prince Jesse looked a little unsatisfied,”You know I don’t like it when the knights call us with your highness and those formalities, we all grow up together. Yeah yeah, I know, but when it is just the knights and us, please call me Jesse.” Tiffany looked at Prince Jesse’s face, the face that used to full of laughs and mud when they all played together in the rice fields,”Yes, Prince Jesse.” Prince Jesse scoffed,”Cut the prince.” Then Tiffany took her sword out,”NO NO, NOT LITERALLY CUT ME! HEY HEY!” Prince Jesse got panic when Tiffany faked a move with her sword then she laughed when she saw Prince Jesse got up frantically,”Yes, Jesse.” Jesse rubbed his chest then laughed together with Tiffany,”Why do you become so quiet now, Tiffany? I almost didn’t see you for four years and now you become so quiet. Did your Gurus eat your microphones from your throat or something?” Tiffany smiled,”No, Prince Jesse. I just want to obey the rules more.” Prince Jesse scoffed again,”You know rules are made to be broken. We are friends, no one can deny that fact, I don’t care about our statuses, we all the same.” Tiffany got up,”I guess it is the time to go back, Prince Jesse.” Tiffany helped Prince Jesse put her shirt on, Jesse smiled and thought,’How lucky I am if you can help me doing this every day.’

“Oppa!” Soojung ran from her chamber when she heard their guards closed the entrance to their chambers,”Aigoo My Little Princess, what are you doing this late?” Prince Jesse lifted Soojung even though his whole body was tired, he never can abandon his precious sister,”I’m waiting for Oppa. Let’s eat our dinner together, Appa and Umma are attending meeting in the other Kingdom and Sunny has bring my food in, but I don’t want to eat without you, Oppa.” The talkative little Soojung made his night brighter, Prince Jesse smiled then took her to her room,”Okay, let’s eat together.” Sunny and Tiffany let the siblings alone by guarding the outside of the chamber,”Sunny, Tiffany, come here. Let’s eat together, we were always did that when we were still kids.” When Prince Jesse looked at their hesitant expressions, Prince Jesse plastered his stern face,”This is an order. Call Taeng, Yuri and Yoong too. Now.” Tiffany and Sunny did their best to fulfill his order. Then 7 of them eating together peacefully,”Just like the old times.” Prince Jesse lifted his cup made the other 5 raised their cups too,”Just like the old times.” Princess Krystal pouted,”Just like when I haven’t born yet.” Then the older persons in the chamber laughed at their maknae’s words.

 

-

“AMBUSH ATTACK!”

“FIREE!!!”

“THEY ARE COMING!”

“SAVE THE KING!”

“AAAAAAAAHKKH!”

The loud yells and shouts made Prince Jesse awake from his deep slumber,”Huh?” His chamber door opened forcefully from the outside,”Your Highness, this castle is under attack, please follow me!” Tiffany came with her usual duty outfit,”What…?” Prince Jesse who was still confused got dragged by Tiffany,”We’ve got so little time.” Prince Jesse took his pajamas off and changed in front of helping Tiffany, he swore to God he saw pink cheeks on her at that time but the time was wrong, they need to escape.

When both of them ran to outside of the chamber,”SOOJUNG!” Prince Jesse turned back and ran for his little sister, but Tiffany grabbed his hand,”No, Prince Jesse. She is already in your parents’ chamber, we are heading there now.” Prince Jesse nodded then both of them ran passing the fighters to the King’s chamber,”Watch out!” Prince Jesse stopped his way right before an axe swung in front of his face, with only less than three seconds, the opponent was fainted in front of them,”You are late, hurry up!” That was Taeng, he knocked the opponent down with the back of his spear,”Come in!” Taeng kicked a soldier from another Kingdom before shutting the door,”Umma, Appa, what is this?!” Prince Jesse ran to his parents and hugged crying Krystal tightly,”They broke the peace treaty, Jesse, please take this sword with you.” King Yunho handed him the sword but he saw there was a sword on his son’s sheath,”Whose sword is that?” Prince Jesse fixed his sheath position,”This is mine.” King Yunho took the sword,”This sword is… okay, you can use that one, but are you sure you don’t want to try this sword first?” Prince Jesse shook his head and took his sword back to his sheath.

“Jesse, now, close your eyes, it might be hurt a little, but please bear it. I will give you one of the 27 True Runes magic. Now, choose carefully even though we are running of times, it is Bright Shield Rune for protect your beloved ones that you want or Black Sword Runes to destroy the people you hate most? Now, close your eyes. And choose it.” Queen Boa spread her arms then put her hands above Prince Jesse’s head,”Hmm. Very interesting connection. Knight? No, no, Jesse, you should have known that attack is the best defense in the world. Oh? Healing? Yeah, Bright Shield Rune will do. Okay. You can open your eyes.” Queen Boa caressed Prince Jesse’s face,”I will miss you, My Son.” Then a bright aura came from Queen Boa’s necklace, flew into Prince Jesse’s small crown on his head, spread then stopped on his left hand, then like a tattoo, the rune engraved on his left hand,”You are the new bearer of Bright Shield Rune, Jesse. Please make it a good use.” Then Queen Boa hugged Jesse and Krystal,”I will miss you two.” Then Queen Boa whispered something to Yoong which was nodded by the latter,”Yes, Your Highness.” Yoong made a sign to Tiffany who was nodded then opened the secret passage behind the royal throne,”This way.”

Then Yoong and Taeng lifted Prince Jesse while Yuri and Sunny lifted Princess Krystal,”What?! WHAT IS THIS?! OMMA! APPA! YOU GUYS ARE COMING WITH US! OMMA!” Prince Jesse tried to break their grips but Yoong and Taeng grabbed him so tight, then before the door closed, Jesse can see their parents fought the attackers from other Kingdom.

“Omma… Appa… I won’t forget this day…” Prince Jesse can feel his shirt wet by Princess’ tears, Prince Jesse hugged Princess Krystal tighter as he afraid the only family he had now will gone. The 5 knights huffed and sailed away through the hidden stream behind the castle to the big stream that connected town to town under their Kingdom’s control.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should I continue it…or not?