Hidden Feelings

One Shot Collection

AUTHOR’S POV

8th August 1994

Kids were running around the square wooden table as their Moms tried to calm them down, “Kids, calm dooown!!!” A smiling woman was trying so hard to calm down the girls and boys from her neighborhood, then someone tugged her apron, “Mommy…”

It was her child, she was smiling as if she tried to reassure her Mom that everything was gonna be fine, “It’s alright, Tiffany, we will get these kids calm down, you just wait there before blowing up the candles, okay? Look at the girl alone there, go and play with her, we will take care of these naughty kids.”

Her mom pushed Tiffany to the blonde girl, the blonde girl was spacing out when Tiffany tiptoed to beside her, she was afraid that she might disturb the girl.

Tiffany sat beside the girl while sighing so much, trying to get the attention from the girl, “How immature those kids, running around like that.” Tiffany sighed like woman she saw on the television and crossed her arms in front of her chest, but then, the blonde little girl beside her didn’t do anything, she kept spacing out.

Being curious, Tiffany stole glances, the girl was skinny, she has fair white skin and blonde hair which pulled up in a ponytail, again, little Tiffany stole a glance, the girl beside her was indeed beautiful.

Wanting attentions, 5 year old Tiffany started to swing her legs, mumbling incoherent words, humming lullaby and even made peek a boo faces many times, but nothing came as a reaction from the blonde girl. Got impatient, Tiffany poked the girl’s cheek, “Hey…” the blonde girl blinked several times before turning her head to Tiffany, “…Yeah?”

Tiffany gasped, “You can talk?!” The blonde girl rolled her eyes, “Yes I can and if you don’t have anything else to say, I will be sleeping.”

Then the blonde girl sat comfortable on the couch, but Tiffany didn’t give up, she followed the blonde girl and turned her head to the girl, “Hey, who are you?” The blonde girl closed her eyes, “Yah, I’m talking to you.” The blonde girl put her hands to cover her ears, “Aish, yaaah! Keghwueihfasdkjasfkuhuieshgasfjuhdasugfheughfeiwfjiwehfewhghewlgjewfue….” Tiffany started to annoy the girl with her unclear words, the blonde girl scratched her hair and gritted her teeth, “I’m Jessica, nice to meet you oh yeah you feel nice to meet me too? Oh good, what? You want to sleep? Of course me too, let’s shut up and sleep, okay!” The blonde girl named Jessica smiled before closing her eyes and turned her expression into a flat one.

“Alright, Jessica, let’s be friends. Friends are chatting, come on, what is your favorite color? Mine is pink!” Jessica sighed, “We aren’t and please just find another person to be your friend.”

Tiffany pouted, “You are mean!” Jessica opened of her eyes and sighed at the cuteness, she gave in, “My favorite color is yellow.” Tiffany smiled happily, “What a nice color! Yah, don’t sleep, play with me, I will blow my candles soon, don’t sleep, I will give you my first cake.” Jessica opened her eyes and lazily turned her head around, “You’re the birthday girl?” Tiffany nodded her head happily, “Happy birthday.” Jessica smiled as she said that, Tiffany got mesmerized and for some unknown reasons, her heart skipped a beat, she smiled back, “Let’s be friends!” Jessica smiled but then her face turned into a cold one again, “Let’s not.”

With that, the house had whining birthday girl blowing the candles with Jessica beside her, smirking as she enjoyed teasing her new friend, Tiffany.

 

 

27 December 1998

“I’m commiiiingggggggggggg!” Being a loud girl, Tiffany shouted as she ran down the stairs and smiled sheepishly as her parents shook their heads, “Good morning, honey.” Tiffany smiled with her eyes as was busy chewing the bread cutely, “Mo..*munch*..ning Daddy! Morning Mommy!” Mrs. Hwang her daughter’s hair as Mr. Hwang zipped the cute pink backpack of his daughter, “Study well, don’t sleep in the classes and share the lunch with Jessica, okay?” Tiffany nodded vigorously as she smiled at the lunchbox, she would eat with Jessica again and she loved that.

“Morning, Auntie and Uncle.” Mr and Mrs. Hwang smiled, “Morning to you too, Sica, picking up Tiffany again?” Jessica smiled as she nodded her head, “Yes, and we will be better go now.” Mr. Hwang nodded, he helped his daughter put her backpack on, “Okay, safe walk, girls!” Jessica and Tiffany left their parents, Tiffany linked their arms together, yes, Tiffany was always a clingy girl, Jessica let Tiffany did that though, but then after they got out from the house, Jessica gently pushed Tiffany’s arms, Tiffany frowned, but she saw Jessica was smiling apologetically to her, she smiled back, “Let’s eat lunch together, Jessi. Mom prepared lunch for you too.”

Jessica smiled as she walked to the side where the vehicles heading from when they were about to walk across the road, she was protecting Tiffany, “Okay.”

“Jessica! Tiffany!” It was Taeyeon, their other friend, Jessica and Tiffany smiled to the petite girl, “Morning Taetae!” Taeyeon smiled cutely, “Morning Ppany!” Jessica greeted Taeyeon too, “Morning Taenggoo.” Taeyeon turned her head to Jessica and smiled, “Good morning to you too, Sica.” Then Taeyeon slipped her small body between Jessica and Tiffany, Tiffany frowned a bit as she wanted to at least hold Jessica’s hand but then her hand was held by Taeyeon, she smiled, at least it was better than no one held hers.

“Ppany, can you teach me how to do split?”

“Ppany, will you accompany me to the toilet?”

“Ppany, I’m going to the canteen, do you want anything?”

“Ppany…”

“Ppany…”

 

“I’m going to Jessi, Tae! Mom prepared lunch for her, see you after lunch!” Taeyeon beamed a sad smile, “Can’t you at least ask me to join?”

 

That tree, the old oak tree that had been there since the first time they went into that primary school, Jessica loved that tree so much, it wasn’t once or twice Jessica drew the tree or painted it on the canvas she brought, she loved the tree so much. Just like every day, Jessica was there, biting her pencil sometimes, thinking, then continuing her drawing.

Tiffany ran to Jessica, “Jessi!” Tiffany smiled happily as she brought the lunchbox with her, “Lunch time!” Jessica smiled as she saw how happy Tiffany always be, she loved the sight, but then there was a sight behind Tiffany that stopped Jessica from smiling, she sighed and changed her smile into a polite cold one, “Thank you.” Jessica picked up a kimbap while Tiffany sat beside her and tried her best to peek over the canvas in front of Jessica, “What are you drawing?”

Jessica blocked the view with her body, “You can’t see the picture when it hasn’t finished yet! Anyway, gotta go, it was delicious, send my thanks to your Mom. Bye!” Jessica ran while holding her canvas, leaving Tiffany who felt full all of the sudden, “Jessi…”

“Do you like her?” Stuttered Taeyeon answered Jessica, “N…No… No!” then 9 year old Taeyeon left sighing Jessica, “Hhh…”

 

 

 

13 February 2002

The three were in their middle schools, the times when hormones were starting to come into their lives, “I like her, Sica.” 13 year old Jessica stopped painting, she turned her head, giving her full attention to her best friend, Taeyeon.

“I know.” Taeyeon sat beside Jessica, “And she likes you.” Jessica chuckled, “No, she likes you better, she’s always with Tae this, Tae that, and all, and you know what? Go for her, you guys look cute together.” Taeyeon grinned happily, “Really?!” Jessica bit her tongue before gulping and said, “Yes.” Taeyeon hugged Jessica, “THANK YOU, SICA! I will ask her to be my valentine!”

The mentioned girl came in, “Who are you gonna ask to be your valentine, Tae?” Taeyeon and Jessica turned their heads to creased brows Tiffany, Jessica knew the rest of the story, she inhaled deeply as she continued her painting. But then, Jessica was lying if she said that she wasn’t eavesdropping, “It’s you!”

“Huh?” Tiffany pointed to herself, “Me?”

Taeyeon nodded cutely, Jessica sighed, well no one could resist that dorky kid, so did Tiffany, “Really?” Taeyeon smiled as she held out a chocolate box, “Will you be my valentine, Ppany?”

A glance was threw from Tiffany to Jessica, but Jessica was busily painting like she didn’t care about the scene that was happening in front of her, “…I will.” Taeyeon jumped dorkily as she shouted in happiness, she hugged Tiffany and Tiffany hugged her back.

Tiffany was holding a box of chocolate while hugging Taeyeon, she couldn’t help but she a pink tape was seen under Jessica’s table, but then she shrugged it off, Taeyeon was her valentine that year, she shouldn’t think about anything else.

“Let’s watch a movie that you always wanted to watch then, Ppany! My treat, let’s go!” Tiffany smiled but then she turned her head, “What about Jessi?” Taeyeon shook her head, “It’s our first date, Ppany, we can ask Sica to tag along later, is that alright, Sica?” Jessica nodded and smiled, “You guys go on and have fun!”

Tiffany reluctantly dragged by Taeyeon, then the two really left Jessica alone. Jessica kept her focus on her painting…

*krek!*

Her wooden pencil was broken, her paper was full of scribbles, she was drawing a greeting card which written, “Happy Valentine, Dear Tiffany.” And her drawing of pink totoro on it. She sighed as she took the chocolate box and movie ticket from under her desk, she planned it all, but she couldn’t do that, she knew from the very start that Taeyeon loved Tiffany and she just couldn’t hurt her best friend.

"Jessica?" Jessica turned around after wiping her hidden tears, "What's wrong?" Jessica smiled as she was hugged by Sooyoung, "....You're right, it hurts..." Jessica cried in Sooyoung's embrace, "Tell me..." Jessica was about to talk when Sooyoung raised her hand, "Can we talk while eating the lonely chocolate?" Jessica laughed but then she opened the box and ate it together.

Little that they knew, there was someone who forgot something from the class, but seeing the whole thing, she went out before no one noticing, "Let's go Tae, I will just take the book tomorrow." There was no books that forgotten by Tiffany, there was Jessica.

 

 

 

 

TBC

I wanted to continue it but then....OH NO I HAVE EXAM TOMORROW! *crap i forgot about it*

Gotta study, bye!

Tell me how do you want this fic ended.

Till we meet again. :D