My Pretty Strangers IV

One Shot Collection

AUTHOR’S POV

Sitting at the chair in the small office was Lee Donghae, a young talented doctor with handsome face and nice figure, “Come in.” That was what he said when two knocks were heard from the door of his office.

*krek*

A girl came in and smiled politely, “Mr. Lee? A doctor in charge of patient in room number 220?” Lee Donghae smiled back as he admired the girl in front of her, the girl wasn’t wearing anything appropriate for wandering around the offices in the hospital as big as JJ Hospital, but the girl seemed very confident with herself and that gave a different aura from other girls he ever met.

“Yes I am, may I help you Ms…?” Jessica stretched her hand to the nice guy in front of her, “Jessica, Jung Jessica. Sorry for not introducing myself, I was given a task from Da, I mean, from Mr. Jung to handle the patient in room number 220 from now on.” Donghae got the message, no wonder, the girl in front of her was the girl who was always been a hot topic between the male doctors in the hospital, a brilliant young beautiful doctor who chose to not working in her own hospital, the daughter of the owner where he was working at.

“I see, well, thank God you’re here, I’m a little bit busy with the other patients and Siwon interrupted me too many times with the progress of the patient there. Oh you must be new here, Siwon is our manager, he isn’t related with medical things but I don’t know why, he is quite weird with the patient there, but you don’t have to be worry about him. Am I talking too much?” Jessica blinked several time before nodding her head, “Uhh… To be honest, kind of.”

Donghae rubbed the back of his head and soon they were already laughing together, from the very first high pitched laugh Jessica let out, Donghae knew he was already attracted to his boss’ daughter.

 

-

“Good evening, Mr. Hwang?” The old guy on the bed rubbed his eyes as he adapted to the light which was by a stranger, “Unngg, who are you?”

“I’m Jung Sooyeon, your new doctor. May I check your condition?” The old guy nodded as he coughed, Jessica ran to her side and helped the guy to sit on the bed, “How do you feel today?” The guy gulped the water the new doctor handed to him, “I feel the same…” Jessica raised one of her eyebrows, “The same?” Mr. Hwang nodded his head, “Yes, I don’t feel any progress since the first day I got discharged from the ICU room to this common room, is there something wrong? Can’t I be cured?”

Jessica smiled, she shook her head and let Mr. Hwang lied down back on his bed, “Of course you can, I’m here to make you get well sooner, don’t worry, now lay down, I will check on your medical history, your medicine and vitamins.” Mr. Hwang nodded and Jessica left the bed, walking to the drawer inside the room, she took the file of her patient and checked it, there was literally no significance progress from the first day he was there, it made Jessica questioned the quality of the doctors there, but maybe it was too soon for her to make any conclusions so she walked to the table where the medicines and vitamins were, she examined it and matched them with the doses Mr. Hwang should get.

“Damn…” Jessica hissed as she saw how little the dose of the medicines Mr. Hwang got, it was about only ¼ from it should be, no wonder there was no significance progress he got, but why did he get this kind of treatment? Is it because he hasn’t paid the hospital bill? No, her hospital wasn’t like that and she knew it.

“Anything wrong, Doctor?” Mr. Hwang got curious since Jessica took too long in front of the tray which contained his medicines, Jessica turned around and smiled, “Mr. Hwang, I just want to know, are you always given these medicines?” Mr. Hwang nodded, “Why, Doc?” Jessica smiled, “No, it’s nothing. I think I should discuss about giving you another medicines with other doctors or maybe adding the dose you should take.” Mr. Hwang raised one of his brows, “And why is that?”

Jessica moved closer, the patient should know, “Look, it is kind of abnormal to have the same medicines with the same dose over and over, your body will be immune to the medicines and taking the same medicines also won’t do anything good, if I may to be honest, there is someone who tries to hold you longer in this hospital.”

Mr. Hwang looked shocked, “W..what? How come? Siwon always make sure that I was given the best treatment in this hospital, and why would someone do that to me? No, I don’t believe you, you’re a new doctor here, what if your diagnose was wrong? And you are too young for a doctor.”

Jessica felt a pang in her heart, she was accused again, she was accused for being not capable to work in her own hospital. But being professional, she smiled, “That’s why I need to discuss these things with other doctors as well, you don’t have to be worry, even though I’m young, I am capable to cure your illness.” Mr. Hwang just nodded but Jessica knew the guy hadn’t believed her, she sighed as she glanced at the clock, it was already late, she had to discuss about it soon with her father and be back tomorrow since the patient needed his rest, “Alright, Mr. Hwang. Since it is late already, I will be back tomorrow with a result of my discussion with James Jung, he will know the best for you.”

“J…James Jung?! The owner of this hospital!? Why would you discuss about me with him?!” Jessica smiled, “Because Dads know the best, Mr. Hwang. Now, if you excuse me…” The light got turned off before Mr. Hwang could apologize about what he said about her, “I just indirectly insulted the daughter of the owner of this hospital… I should have just believed her! But if she was right, who did that to hold me from discharging? Siwon…?”

 

-

“No, it must be just a little mistake, no, Siwon isn’t a guy like that.” James Jung checked out the medicines that Jessica took from the room where her patient was at, “Then tell me what are those.” The older Jung sighed as he knocked his table with his fingers, signing that he was thinking, “Are you sure that it isn’t Donghae?” Jessica nodded, “100%, I asked him about the patient and he said he just checked how the patient was going, even though things were weird, Siwon always interrupted his session with the patient and for your information, the medicines, vitamins and visiting hour for that patient were under your manager control.”

James gritted his teeth, “This is such a disgrace to our hospital’s name. Sooyeon, I’ll handle Siwon, just go and fix what he did wrong, I never thought my staff would done something like that. What should we do now?” Jessica tapped her finger on her chin while thinking then she smiled to her Dad, “Why don’t we help the patient by making him stay here until he is healthy for free? Erasing his debt on hospital bill, maybe?”

“Eh?”

“Well, it’s your choice, Dad. I just don’t want bad news will be spread among the media if he was taken care like here and he had to pay for the s he gets.” James glared, “Your words.” Jessica chuckled apologetically, “Sorry, Dad. I just hate that Siwon guy so much.” James rubbed Jessica’s shoulder, “Me too, I will get the explanation from him and if he couldn’t explain with any proofs he has, he will be out by tomorrow. Thank you for your report, Sooyeon.”

“How about the hospital bill?”

James laughed, “Since you seem to be very interested about this patient, here…” James wrote something on the official memo, “Give this to the administration section, he deserves the best doctor for free because it partially my fault to not realizing what Siwon did to him, send my regards to him, I have to go for another meeting.” Jessica grabbed the memo and smiled, “Love you, Dad.” James patted Jessica’s head and went out, “Love you too, Sooyeon.” They waved to each other and went apart.

-

A girl was bickering with the administration staff in the hospital, “No, you don’t have to be kidding with me, I’m tired, so please just let me pay for the installment.” The staff sighed, “No, you don’t have to pay for it since the bill is keel already.”

“What are you talking about? Come on, is that mean that my Dad will be kicked out? Oh God…” The girl was trembling as she tried to understand the situation, “No, here, look at this, the signature is James Jung’s, which is the owner of this hospital and this is the official memo that his daughter gave to us. I’m not joking so please move aside so the other patients can be served.”

Tiffany moved aside as she reading the memo she got from the staff, it was clear that the hospital bill was already on the hospital, it was all done, the brunette sat at the nearest chair and cried while thanking God. She didn’t know how to express how thankful she was and how fair God could be.

After around 10 minutes crying and composing herself, she decided to go to the office section of the hospital, she had to meet the owner, but unfortunately, the owner wasn’t there, so she decided to go to the office where his daughter was at, and it was her Dad’s room.

-

*knock knock*

“Dad…?” The old guy was smiling while waving to Tiffany, Tiffany cried again and hugged her Dad, “Dad… Oh… My… God… Our prays come true, Dad… God answered our pray, we have no debt now, the owner of this… I… I….” Mr. Hwang hugged her daughter and rubbed her daughter so her daughter could calm herself down, “Sssh, I know, Dr. Sooyeon told me about it, and I thanked her too many times until she blackmailed me, if I didn’t stop thanking her, she would leave. What a very nice kid Mr. Jung has.” Tiffany smiled and she buried her face on Mr. Hwang’s chest, the masculine and fatherly hug Mr. Hwang gave made Tiffany calmed down quickly, then she heard a flush was heard from the toilet in the room.

“Is that Dr. Sooyeon you were talking about? The owner’s daughter?” Mr. Hwang nodded as the bathroom door was opened, “Uncle Hwang, I found your toilet is clean, looks like our staff takes a good care of it, Thank God, and for your urine, I found it normal…” Jessica looked up from her notes and darted her eyes on Tiffany’s, they both looked at each other.

“Dr. Sooyeon…? Jessi…ca?” Tiffany got herself speechless yet guilty.

 

 

 

 

Should i end it like this so it will be up to your imagination? Or making the last part...?

Thank you for the upvoters, subscribers, and you who comment, i appreciate it a lot. Thank you so much, i'm so sleepy now.

Gotta sleep... *zzzzZzzzz* X)

Till we meet again. :D