My Pretty Strangers -End

One Shot Collection

AUTHOR’S POV

Two girls were sitting without saying anything, tired with guessing, Tiffany finally asked, “So, you aren’t a full time event organizer?”

Jessica shook her head, “No, I’m just helping Taeyeon and Sunny…” Tiffany nodded several times understandingly, “I’m sorry for the other day.”

Tiffany looked up, she saw Jessica with sincerity written all over her face, “I…Uh… I’m sorry for that too… For shouting and yelling at you…”

Jessica smiled, “It’s alright, it was my fault, I should’ve understood your condition more.” Tiffany sighed, “Why are you always so kind to me…?”

Jessica gulped, she didn’t know what to say even though she knew the answer, “….Isn’t it how people naturally? Being kind to other?”

Tiffany smiled at the answer, “No, Ms. Doctor, not everyone is as kind as you. Many of them take advantage of my condition, not to mention the manager at your hospital.”

“Speaking about him, do… do you like him?” Jessica bit her lips nervously.

Tiffany stared at Jessica blankly, “Like? For a friend, yes, but for more than a friend, I’ve already set my eyes on someone else.”

For a while Jessica felt relieved but then at the mention of someone else, Jessica felt a pang of jealousy, “Ah. I see…”

Tiffany slightly amused by the sudden change on Jessica’s expression, “Anyway, thank you, thank you for your help.”

The thank you sounded hundredth times more sincere because Tiffany really meant it, Jessica shook her head, “No, don’t mention it, your Dad deserves it, partly, it was also the hospital’s fault to not realizing it.”

“How can you be so humble?”

“Why should I not?”

Tiffany smiled, another amused smile, from the way Jessica replied her and the way Jessica found the oddness in her Dad’s medical report, the other girl was sure smart, “Now I believe that my father will be healthy soon under your treatment.”

From a pang of jealousy, tiny heart of Jessica felt a surge of happiness, there was no one ever believed in her competence, at least in medical things.

“I will try my best.”

Then they shared another smile before diverting the topic to something else, they talked for hours without realizing that they already enjoying each other’s companion. So much.

-

Jessica fulfilled her promise, she tried her best and now Mr. Hwang could go home because he was fully healthy, “Thank you, Jessica, for the treatment.”

“It’s alright, Uncle, it’s my job to take care of you.” Jessica politely bowed as Mr. Hwang chuckled, then he whispered to Jessica after looking at Tiffany behind them.

“And my daughter, don’t you think?”

Jessica was surprised, “Huh? I… I don’t get it…”

“You and my daughter are clearly in love with each other, why don’t you give it a try?”

Jessica gulped, “A try…?”

Mr. Hwang chuckled more, “If you ever think about dating her, you got my permission, okay? Now, give Uncle a big hug, I’m gonna miss you and this hospital, gosh I even forgot how it feels to be at home.”

Jessica laughed as she hugged the old man tightly, “Don’t drink or smoke again, Uncle, okay?” Mr. Hwang nodded, “Yes, oh now you sound like my daughter in law, are you guys official already?”

Jessica slightly blushed at the joke, since they were practically together 24/7 for days, from the strangers they were, they became a very close friends, no wonder Mr. Hwang got familiar yet knowing about Jessica’s feelings.

“Dad, are you done?” Tiffany showed up after putting the luggage of her Dad in the taxi, “Yeah yeah, I’m just bidding good bye to my favorite Doctor.”

Tiffany motioned like don’t care about him to Jessica and led her father into the cab while Jessica just laughed it off, then Tiffany suddenly walked back to Jessica, she pecked Jessica’s cheek, “Thank you, Jessi.”

Jessica blushed hard made Tiffany chuckled, “Aigoo, blushing much, Doctor?”

“Aish, yo…” Tiffany hugged Jessica, “Thank you, Jessi, really. I can’t thank you enough.” Jessica slowly wrapped her arms at Tiffany’s waist and whispered, “It’s nothing, Tiffany. Just let’s keep in touch.”

“Hmm?”

“Keep in touch, I know we are friends because of this hospital case, but please, I do wanna be friends with you.”

Tiffany forced a smile, “Y…Yeah… Of course! Don’t forget to call me, okay? And don’t work too hard, I’m leaving now, bye Jessi.”

Jessica waved to Tiffany without knowing the younger girl wanted more than just being a friend with her.

-

“Sica!”

“Sicaaaa!”

“No, I’m not going to do that, that’s crazy, what if she doesn’t like me?! I don’t want to ruin our fri…”

A handkerchief was stuffed in , “Shut up and listen to me. You are going to call Tiffany, ask her to be your partner in the Campus Night and ask her to be yours tonight. We set things for you already.”

Jessica spat the handkerchief to the ground, “Pweh! Sunny, your girlfriend is sure crazy, she do… what?”

“She’s on the line already, Sica, come on.” Sunny put the phone on Jessica’s ear, “WHAT?!”

“Hello, Jessi?”

Jessica gulped as she glared to the danshin duo, they acted like nothing happened but they were beside Jessica, eavesdropping.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders, trying to get as far as she could from the danshin duo, “Hello? Hello, Tiff?”

“Yeah? What’s wrong, Jessi?”

Jessica shut her eyes, “Ngg… Look, there’s a campus night tonight…”

Tiffany at the other line started smiling, “Yeah I know, and then?”

“A… Uh… I… I… I’m thinking about… What… If… Uh… You… We…” Taeyeon and Sunny slapped Jessica for several times so she could speak clearer.

Taeyeon snatched the phone, “Tiffany, Jessica wanted to know if you can come with her as her partner tonight?”

“Taeyeon?”

“Yeah?”

“Tell Jessi to pick me up at 6.”

“Good girl.”

*click*

And now Jessica was dragged to her wardrobe, trying to get the best clothes for her first date, tonight.

-

“You look beautiful.” The compliment made Tiffany started to feel a skip heartbeat but she covered it well, “Wow, I’m amazed that you didn’t stutter while saying that.”

Jessica pouted, “Sorry but I don’t know I was just really…Engg… Nervous?” Tiffany chuckled, “It’s alright, you look stunning as well.”

Jessica grinned slightly, “As usual, right?” Tiffany laughed, one of her hand was covering while the other hit Jessica on the arm, Jessica loved the husky loud laugh Tiffany let out, it wasn’t fake.

Jessica opened the passenger seat for Tiffany which was thanked by Tiffany, “Oh sorry, I forgot to put this.” Tiffany smiled as she put the stethoscope at the back seat, “It’s alright, you’re a doctor, it’s normal, it will be weird if you have a pile of economic books.”

Jessica smiled, she loved how understanding Tiffany, she never complained, never once, she understood Jessica the most, they told each other’s day every night, Tiffany even often came to the hospital and brought breakfast, sometimes lunch, for her since she knew that Jessica tend to skip meals when she got too busy.

Shortly, they were like a couple already, but no one dared to make a move, they were too comfort in the zone, afraid that if someone made a move, everything had to be changed.

Jessica laughed at Tiffany’s joke when they realized that they were arrived, “Wait.”

Jessica unbuckled her seatbelt then rummaged a bag at the back seat, she took out a bouquet of rose and handed it to Tiffany, “So, the concept tonight is giving flower to the partner or someone you like, I… I like you, so here…”

Tiffany blushed but thankfully, it was dark, Jessica didn’t see it, especially because Jessica was also hanging her head down.

“Now, shall we?” Jessica stretched her hand out and Tiffany gladly accepted it, “Let’s enjoy this party, partner.”

Jessica chuckled, then she introduced Tiffany to everyone she knew in the party.

Tiffany didn’t realize that it was only her who had a bouquet of rose, the girls around her only had single rose or no rose in their hands.

-

“Ehem, sorry for interrupting the night, before we got to the awarding night, there’s someone here who wants to say something, please welcome Jung Jessica!” Taeyeon and Sunny clapped their hands as they presented their own best friend.

Jessica, who was eating a plate of prawn salad, was surprised when the spotlight was on her, “Huh…?”

Tiffany cheered for Jessica, obviously didn’t know what was going on, Taeyeon and Sunny cheerfully took Jessica’s hands and dragged the Blonde to the stage.

“What is it, Taeng???! Sunny???! What should I say?!”

Without thinking about their best friend, they smiled while saying to the standing microphone, “Our friend here wants to confess about her feeling, right, Sica?”

“WHAT?!” A dolphin scream was released, earning cheers and laughs from the crowd, the audiences were confused, but they were eagerly wanted to know what was going on. Except one, she was a girl in red dress, holding back her tears hardly, continuously drinking water to ease her nervousness.

“Oh come on, Sica, we’ve said that, you have to play along, you promised us that you will confess to her tonight right?” Sunny whispered while Taeyeon bought some time by introducing Jessica a bit.

“I DID promise, BUT NOT in front of the crowd like this!!!” Jessica whispered harshly but it was heard since the microphone was just centimeters away from where she was standing.

Once again, the crowd laughed, now, even the staffs, waiters and waitresses were now garnering around the stage, waiting for the confession.

Meanwhile, the girl in red dress was still sitting on the stool, eating the food in hatred, “Aish, asking me to go with her but she’s going to confess to someone else, wait, what if it’s me…? Oh but no, we only known each other for days… Ah……… Well, still, asking me as a partner, HOW POLITE MS DOCTOR. ISH! Aish, why is it so spicy?!”

Tiffany was talking to herself while scolding a slice of poor baked macaroni for being spicy even though it was written on the table that the macaroni was spicy. Deep inside, she was mad yet sad, who was the lucky person?

“CONFESS CONFESS!” The crowd gone wild after Taeyeon commanded them to, it made Jessica felt like wanted to be gone in thin air, while cursing her best friends, she took the microphone.

“WOOOHOOOO!!!!” Sunny clapped and soon the crowd followed them, Jessica hissed in her mind, ‘Oh what a GREAT EVENT ORGANIZERS YOU TWO SHORTIE BIT*HES’

“Ehem, alright…”

Taeyeon put her index finger and hushed the crowd, soon the crowd followed her, the whole crowd now didn’t even dare to speak nor whisper, ‘FFFFF Why they have to be so MUTE?! AAAGH EMBARRASSING! Taeng damn you!!’

Jessica sighed, it was now or never, “Alright. Hello everyone.”

Sunny waved her hand while saying, “Hello!” And the crowd followed her, “Hello Jessica-ssi!!”

Jessica smiled awkwardly before sending a deathly glare to Sunny, “Okay, I… yeah, as the duo danshin said, I’m in love now.”

“Say the name!!” One of the guys, clearly impatient and excited, shouted from the crowd.

“She’s someone I really love from the very first time I saw him. She was harsh, cold, yet playful.” Remembering the first time they met at the taxi and the way Tiffany played with her on the lift.

Ignoring the mumbles from the crowd, Jessica continued, “But actually, she has the warmest heart anyone could ask, she is the one who make me back to my way in chasing my dream. She is also someone in this room.” Jessica stared right at eating Tiffany, Tiffany wasn’t aware, she was still eating while singing by herself, literally didn’t wanna hear the confession.

“Blah blah blah, whatever, I hate Sica! ISH! ISH! ISH! GRRRR!” Tiffany used her spoon to crush the innocent pudding, like it was Jessica.

Jessica chuckled, “She’s really a Daddy’s daughter, she loves her Daddy so much until the point she wants to work accompanying guys for money, since her Dad was treated in the hospital and couldn’t work. But there’s a special thing about her, she, yes, she is, never once she sold her ity.” Jessica’s gaze never left Tiffany so the crowd now was also staring at Tiffany.

Being a dense girl, “Haish! What is she talking about?! So it’s a girl?! Huh?! What a VERY LUCKY girl!! ISH!” Tiffany mimicked how Jessica said while she herself now used her fork to eat the spaghetti, she couldn’t even think about calories, she didn’t care, her heart was in pain.

Jessica chuckled again, “Shortly, I wanna help her Dad so I got back to the hospital which was my Dad’s, then until now, I work there as a Doctor like how I always wanted to be since I was a little kid. She’s the Angel God sent to make me realize that there is so much things I can do if I become a doctor, she wakes my dream up, she pushes me to my limit because unconsciously, I find her as the love of my life.” While saying that, Jessica was slowly walking to Tiffany.

“Oh how sweet! Huh! AS if I care, go with her then, should I call Dad to pick me up? Hmm…” Tiffany took the napkin and wiped her messy lipstick from eating inappropriately.

“I know we barely know each other for this, but with you, I feel like knowing you for thousand years. Here we go…” Jessica inhaled deeply, she was already behind Tiffany, she turned around to ask the crowd, “Do you guys know why everyone has a single rose while she has a bouquet?”

“Noooo~”

“Is she?”

“Omooo cutee!”

The crowd went on, but Sunny, being a very good event organizer, “Sssht!” And the crowd gone silent again.

“Thank you, Sunny. Yes I bought her a bouquet so no one here can give her anymore and if a single rose shows like or adoration, a bouquet from me shows how much I care about you, how much I adore you, how much I thank you, how much I want you in my life and how much I love you, my pretty stranger, my Tiffany Hwang.”

Tiffany, who was just find her phone and tapped to call her Dad stopped when she heard her name was called, slowly she turned around and found Jessica was already kneeling with a bouquet of rose in her hand and stares from the crowd.

“HUH?!”

“I was talking about you, Tiff.”

“ME???!” Still surprised, Tiffany pointed to herself.

Jessica chuckled, she nodded, “Will you accept my feelings? Please accept this bouquet…”

Tiffany who was still surprised was got more shocked when the crowd went wild.

“ACCEPT ACCEPT! ACCEPT HER!”

“………I thought you were talking about someone else…”

“How can I talking about someone else when my eyes never leave you?” Tiffany felt so dumb right now but slowly she got down from the stool where she was sitting then accepted the bouquet, “I…”

“I know that you love me, Tiff, let me clean your mouth.”

Then Jessica smirked before their lips met and the crowd went wild once again, even Sunny and Taeyeon ordered the band to play music, but the two didn’t care, they kept kissing passionately.

“Jessi, I…”

“Sssh, there’s still spaghetti sauce and I feel so hungry now…”

No words were exchanged after that, they smiled in their kiss, they were finally each other’s.

Meanwhile, “Hello? Fany?”

Poor Mr. Hwang, he got the call ignored, his daughter was busy making out with her new girlfriend. Want a comforting hug from the readers, Mr. Hwang?

 

 

 

 

 

 

END.

FINALLY.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA! *going crazy*