Kingdom Knights 2

One Shot Collection

 

AUTHOR’S POV

The night was cold and all Prince Jesse can do is tighter the hug so his little Princess wouldn’t catch cold or fever. He saw Taeng sat beside Sunny, he was calming the ninja girl down by hugging and whispering to her,”Sssh, they will be fine. We are doing our job well, they will be fine…” Sunny nodded between her sobs, she knew that Taeng was right, they were doing their task given by the King and the Queen. They have to save the Prince and the Princess, they should do their best to keep them save. But when Sunny saw that her fellow ninjas were also there, betraying their Kingdom, her disappointment can’t be held again, that was why she held her cry in front of their King and Queen.

Prince Jesse looked to the other side and saw Yoong, he was using his Wind Rune to keep the boat in the good speed to escape, beside him, there was Yuri, wiping his sweats and whispering to him. Everyone knows that Yoong was Queen’s closest Knight, he was the direct pupil in the Rune Class, he must be feel bad to leave his closest teacher at the time like that,”Yoong, please keep going. We need to do our tasks as the knights.” Yoong nodded and made the boat sailed quicker to their destination. Finally, Prince Jesse looked to Tiffany who was watching him intensely from in front of him,”You know you can sleep, I will take care of Princess Soojung.” Tiffany shook her head,”No, Your Highness. I can’t let my guard down, I have to protect you and the Princess. Enemies can be anywhere, It’s you who needs sleep.” Prince Jesse was glad knowing that Tiffany wanted to protect him, but the other side of his heart felt bad when he knew that he actually should protect the girl instead of be protected.

“Okay knights, we are far enough from the Castle, Prince and Princess please have a good night rest. Tiffany, sit beside Prince Jesse, Sunny sit beside Princess Krystal and Taeng keep your guard there, Yuri you can sleep for now.” Yuri shook her head to Yoong and stood beside the Rune User,”No, I want to keep you accompanied.” Taeng smirked then faked a cough,”Ouuuh, I need my beauty sleep, can you guard here, Yuri?” Yuri scoffed,”No Taeng, Taeng You.” She used the ‘Taeng’ word as the ‘Thank’ made Taeng laughed,”You are very welcome. Hey, is that the island that we are told to?” Yoong shook his head,”You should pay more attention to the meeting before, Taeng.” Taeng yawned,”Don’t blame me for having short term memories.” Yuri and Yoong immediately shouted,”Yeah, just like your body, shortie.” Yuri laughed with Yoong while Sunny and Tiffany,”HSSSTTTT!!! The Princess is sleeping now.” Prince Jesse just smiled to his childhood friends,’Well, maybe this journey won’t be that bad.’ Thought Prince Jesse while looking to his side, Tiffany.

 

-

“We are setting the boat, everyone! Get up!” Yoong and Taeng ran to the ground and set the boat. Prince Jesse piggybacked Princess Krystal,”Looks like she catch a fever.” Sunny immediately checked her Princess’ condition,”Let me.” Prince Jesse shook his head,”It’s fine, Sunny.” Sunny just nodded then walked beside Taeng, they discussed something,”Sunny, are you tired?” Sunny shook her head,”Okay then, please learn this village, I will protect the Princess.” Sunny nodded then ran very fast through the forest to the nearest village with her ninja moves.

“I always want to be a ninja.” Said Yuri after seeing the ability of Sunny,”But Yuri, you know you are not that… quick.” Tiffany said that and gasped when she saw Yuri aimed her head with her bow,”Say that again?” Tiffany shook her head quickly made Prince Jesse laughed at her,”Guys, the village seems to be crowded, here Prince, took off your crown and jewels, wear this and do something to your too clean face, we don’t want you to get caught. Tiffany and Yuri, change Princess’ outfit and took her jewels off, here, this is her outfit.” Prince Jesse saw the outfit, it was just a plain ordinary shirt with a pair of brown pants,”Am I gonna wear this?” Taeng and Yoong nodded,”Where should I change?” Taeng rolled his eyes,”Just do it here! We aren’t gonna get or something watching you change in front of us….” Jesse shyly took off his expensive shirt and robe,”…or not.” Jesse covered his bare chest made Taeng and Yoong laughed uncontrollably,”YAH YOU GUYS!” Then after that, Taeng, Yoong and Prince Jesse were already rolling on the sand, hitting each other,”Good, we don’t need to make your too clean face dirty. It is now.” Tiffany who was just done changing Princess’ outfit can’t help but stared at Prince Jesse, the bright jewels and expensive clothes were already gone, replaced by an ordinary shirt and pants which were fit Prince Jesse the best, and unshaved Prince Jesse for a few days during the sailing was also caught Tiffany’s attention,’Just like the old times, dirty naughty Prince Jesse.’ Thought Tiffany to herself.

“Oh yeah, one more thing, I’m so sorry for this, Your Highness but we can’t call you with formalities and all, no one should know that you are the Prince, we are traveler, are you okay with that?” Prince Jesse grinned so wide,”Of course! I always want to be one!” Taeng and Yoong smiled weakly, they knew that deep inside Jesse was still missed his parents, but they need to move on and escaped,”How about us? How could Travelers be so beautiful like us?” Yuri flipped her long shiny black hair which was ignored by the others,”So guys, where will we stay for tonight?” Taeng walked and talked to Jesse who was already piggybacking Princess Krystal with Tiffany beside him, ignored Yuri,”Well, you are the exception, Baby. You are the only beautiful traveler.” Yoong winked and held blushing Yuri, they were hand in hand when following the other into the village.

“Pri…” Tiffany was stopped with Jesse,”Stop, we’re just travelers.” Tiffany nodded,”Yes, I’m sorry J… Jesse.” Jesse smiled,”It’s alright, what’s wrong?” Tiffany who was still in difficulty with talking to the Prince without formality asked him if he was tired or not,”No, it’s okay. She’s my baby princess after all, I will carry her.” Tiffany nodded then walked a step behind him,”Hey, we are all the same now, walk beside me.” Tiffany shook her head,”No, it’s still my duty to protect you.” Jesse didn’t listen to what Tiffany said, he held Tiffany’s hand to walk beside him,”Here. Walk beside me.” Then Jesse placed her hand back to hold Krystal’s leg on her back.

“Welcome guys, I’ve been expecting you guys here.” It was Georg with Sunny beside him,”Georg?” Georg eyed Jesse and Krystal,”Oh you guys are safe! Good job, knights.” The knights were felt honored to be praised by the top knight like Georg,”Now, get some rest, I will explain about the situation and our future plan in the morning tomorrow.” The 7 who were very tired with their trip nodded then headed to their room. Jesse put Krystal carefully onto the bed then caressed Krystal’s face,”Take care of her, okay?” Tiffany and Sunny nodded then Jesse left the girls room to have a rest with Taeng, Yoong and Georg.

 

-

 

“Did you have a good rest last night?” Georg asked Jesse before sipping his tea,”Yeah.” Actually Jesse was so sleepy, he can’t sleep very well due to his worry to his parents back in the castle, and also about his future with his sister but he can’t let anyone saw his weak spot.

“Morning, everyone!” Taeng, Yoong and Yuri grinned with Sunny and Tiffany holding both of Krystal’s small hands following them,”Morning.” Krystal didn’t say anything, she just walked and sat beside Jesse, Jesse saw fear in her eyes, he understood her condition and her hair down to calm her,”Morning, Soojung.” Krystal just nodded and started eating her breakfast.

“So guys, from the last report I get, I have to be honest, it is a sad news but King Yunho and Queen Boa were killed that night.” George’s statement made the whole room silenced, but then Krystal’s sob broke the silence made Sunny broke into tears too, Yuri was already holding Yoong’s hand,”Are you alright?” Yoong nodded weakly. Taeng moved to beside Sunny and hugged her from her side without saying anything, Sunny automatically snuggled to Taeng while crying hardly,”I’m sorry guys.” Tiffany eyed Jesse, it was a blank expression, he was expressionless, but behind that brown orbs, Tiffany can see an empty expression, a disguised sadness, but Tiffany just sat beside Jesse without saying anything.

“I’m sorry for that, they were such great persons, but guys, the bad news aren’t stopping there, they gonna look for our prince’s head. Yeah Jesse, they are gonna look for you and kill you because their blood run in your vein, they need your head and show to the people in your country so they can officially occupy your kingdom.” All the eyes in the room were looking at Jesse now,”W…What? My Kingdom…?” Georg nodded,”Yes, you are the king now. Not the official one but by rules, you are the King now.” Jesse was get silence,”I… I… I don’t know what to do…” All the eyes were still looking at him,”So, should I just give them my head…?” Georg shook his head,”What you need to do is fight, Jesse.” Jesse looked at Georg then laughed,”Oh come on, you know my fighting skill, I am nothing but a chubby prince who was born… Eh?” All the persons there weren’t laughed at all, they stared at Jesse with determinations and strong gazes,”Come on guys, what are you guys trying to say?”

“I can teach you how to fight with spears while riding horse.” Taeng broke the silence with Yoong followed him,”I can teach you how to use your True Rune right.” Yuri put her bow on the table,”I can teach you this.” Sunny wiped her tears,”I can teach you anything you want to know about ninja tactics and speed attack.” Then Tiffany held her sword,”I can teach you how to use your sword.” Then Georg looked at him,”Think about your people, Jesse. They are waiting for your return now, they need you, they need a leader, and it is you.” Jesse was opening his mouth when Georg cut him,”You are the leader, the blood is running in your veins. The leader blood, the king blood, the royal blood.” Jesse closed his mouth and got up,”I… I think I need to think about it…” Jesse headed out with gaze from Krystal following him.

“No, this must be just a dream, no, NOOO!!” Jesse was stressed with the fact that all the burdens that he never thought before now was on his shoulder, he thought about his parents, his little sister then the faces of their guards in the castle that were already died, the faces of the people in his country, then the faces of the kingdom knights. Jesse held his head, he closed his eyes and pulled his hair,”But what can I do… I can’t do anything…” A tug on his shirt made Jesse opened his eyes and saw  his little sister,”Oppa…”

“Yes? Yes Soojung?” Krystal hugged her older brother that she loved so much,”I miss Appa and Umma…” Jesse Krystal’s hair down and kissed her crown of her head,”Yeah… Me too…” Krystal looked up into Jesse’s eyes,”Oppa, please save our country. It’s the country that Appa and Umma always fight for, It’s the country where we born, it’s the country that we always love…” Krystal’s words were like slapping Jesse right on his face, his left hand was reflecting the sunlight made him realized something, a sound in his head said,”You chose this Rune, You chose a shield rather than a sword, it is right, You won’t fight for a revenge, Yo will fight to protect your people, You will fight in the name of justice. It runs in your blood, knights blood.” Jesse blinked his eyes then hugged Soojung tighter,”Thank you, Soojung-ah. I will fight, I won’t let my people suffered under our enemy. I will fight for our happiness.” After a kiss from Jesse on Soojung’s cheek, Jesse headed back to the dining room of the inn,”So, what are we going to do first?” Georg grinned widely,”That’s how knight does”

 

-

 

“AGAIN!” Tiffany shouted from behind sweating Jesse, Jesse was swinging his sword while closing his eyes,”Use your feeling, feel the movement of your opponent, we can’t let our guards down, AGAIN!” Jesse swung his sword again then threw his sword to the ground when he can’t hit the target, he lied down while panting heavily,”I can’t do that!” Tiffany put her hands on her hips,”You can do it. Don’t use your eyes, use your ears and feeling, you can do it!” Jesse looked away, Tiffany knelt down beside Jesse and pointed to Jesse’s bare chest,”You need to concentrate, you need to be on your full focus then hit it when your heart say so.” Jesse looked to Tiffany’s face then to her hand which was on his chest, Jesse smiled,”How can I stay focus if your face is so distracting like that?” Tiffany touched her face,”What is it? Is there something on my face?” Jesse sighed,”No, it’s nothing.” Jesse thought Tiffany was just so innocent, so he just continued his training but little did he know, behind him, Tiffany was blushing while thinking,”Hhhh… Sorry Jesse, but we don’t have time for love, we need to save the people as soon as we can.”

“I HIT IT!” Jesse yelled when his sword touched something,”Good! Now do it again!” Jesse excitedly swung his sword and got better with every swing that he did to the moving target.

 

-

 

“Good, now try to hit that.” Yuri pointed to an apple on the tree far away from them,”What? Are you sure I can do it?” Yuri nodded,”It’s a piece of cake, you need to stay focus and hit it. I’m sure you can.” Jesse aimed carefully, he inhaled then released the arrow,”GOTCHA!” Jesse laughed when he can hit the target that Yuri told her to,”Then, hit the others too, not on the fruits, but on the thin branch, made it fall to the ground.” Jesse nodded then did what Yuri told him to.

Under the tree, there was Yoong with a basket on his hand, picking the fruits that were falling down in a fast pace,”We are so gonna full with these apples.” Yoong grinned widely while picking up the fruits.

“Jesse, please meet up with Shu, he is the strategist that I told you to.” Jesse put the bow down while bowing to Shu,”Hello Prince Jesse, I heard about your story from Georg and I decided to help you. How many people do you have now?” Jesse counted with his fingers then grinned,”With you, it is 8.” Shu sighed,”Jesse, I think you should recruit more people to be in our side, as you know, Luca Blight, your enemy, isn’t an easy opponent, he kills people like killing pigs, he doesn’t have mercy, he is a monster.” Jesse nodded then smiled,”Okay, I will talk about this with the knights and try to get more people on our side.” Shu nodded,”Good, then I will try to persuade the refugees from your country to be our allies, they will be a very good help.” Jesse nodded then excused himself without forgetting to whisper to Georg,”Good job, Georg. He is such a good help.” Georg smiled then helped Shu with the things he need in recruiting the refugees.

“Yeah right, we need more people to get our revenge perfectly! I will try to ask my fellow cavalry and spear soldiers in Mathilda Kingdom, their pact with Luca Blight was once broken, they will be very happy if they can join us in this war.” Taeng made a fist with his hand and nodded to what Shu planned,”Yeah! We can recruit the Rune Users from the Greenhill academy, they will be more than willing to help us, Greenhill always hates that Luca Blight, he is such a monster.” Yuri nodded and nudged Sunny,”Both of us can persuade our master in Ninja Village to help us and be our allies. We can kill those soldiers from Luca Blight’s army. He deserves it!” Tiffany who was silenced, added,”I can go back to my hometown and see if they want to help us or not. Our village was once burnt down by Luca Blight due to our protest. I still remember the soldiers’ happy faces when they burnt our village down and killed our men down. I hate him.” Krystal who was listening to them shook her head,”No, we shouldn’t recruit anyone if killing is our goal. You guys are Knights, what knights do?”

5 of them answered while Jesse was smiling,”Protecting our loved ones.” Krystal nodded before continued,”Then we aren’t gonna use ‘kill our enemies’ as our goal but protecting our people from any harms. We are going to recruit people to be our allies, to help us protecting our beloved country, we aren’t here to kill people, but if they are stand in our way, we are left with no choice.” Jesse can’t help but see fire in Krystal’s eyes,’Soojung-ah, Mom’s blood is definitely in your veins. I can see Amma in your eyes. You’ve been grown up so well.’

The 5 knights got silenced then started clapping their hands,”I am voting Soojung as the Queen, let’s make our country a Queendom.” Taeng and Yoong nodded to Yuri’s statement made Sunny and Tiffany laughed when Jesse protested,”Yah, what about me?!” Taeng just replied him nonchalantly,”Just think about your chubby tummy.” Jesse who was angry showed his, now 6 packs and built tummy due to his hard training and practice,”Yah!” They all laughed when Tiffany was in difficulty hiding her red cheeks.

“Now, let’s go to our own destination, convince them as hard as you can, we need them to help us in this war. We are not here to lose.” Jesse sent them while heading to a place by himself, his own country. He needed to see what happened with his people now in his country, he felt the responsibility grew in him, he felt something that he was never felt before, leadership.

 

 

 

 

 

This is the part two. In my head, this is still unfinished, but should I let it stop here or… how?

Oh, this story is inspired by a game, Suikoden 2 and 5, my favorite RPG games X)

So, sorry if you can't picture it so well, i've tried my best in this fic X)

But if you felt some things are weird in this fic, it is because i already mixed it up with my imagination, and you know how my imagination is......absurd :p Hahaha.

Till we meet again. :D