Benefit or Loss

My Neighbours, Block B

Your POV

 

U-kwon and I were walking home while the others were getting Zico checked up. When I accepted U-kwon, I just couldn't help but feel guilty. I know that I don't like him that way...but I had to do it to keep Zico safe.

Even if it costs my life.

"Are you alright there? You look a little uneasy." I snapped out of my thoughts and felt U-kwon's hand on my forehead. His touch wasn't as warm as they used to be.

I sighed. "I'm fine..." He took his hand away from my forehead and looked at me worriedly. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at the sky.

"You know, for a beautiful day like this, it's been awfully troublesome." U-kwon puffed out his cheeks.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. It was his fault for getting mad at Zico for nothing and for beating the crap out of him.

He saw me roll my eyes and sighed. "I guess I did make things go out of hand. Seeing him so close to you hurt me a lot." U-kwon stopped in his tracks and just stood there. I turned to look at him and he gave me a faint smile. "I hurt one of my best friends...just because I love you."

I looked at him confused about what he just did. "And you're proud about that? Proud that you made one your best friends pass out because of me? Are you proud about what you did to Zico?" I shot him one last glance and turned my back on him. "Because I'm definitely not proud of you..."

I started walking off at a rather fast pace and breathed in heavily. How could he smile while saying that he hurt Zico just because he loves me?

Suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist and spun me around into a hug.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I did to Zico. I'm not proud of what I did to him because it hurt everyone in the end. I just couldn't stand to see you guys get so close after one day. I admit that I was jealous of him. I admit that I hurt him. I admit everything." He broke the hug and stared into my eyes, still holding my shoulders. "But the thing I admit the most is that my love for you is infinite. I've liked you ever since we became friends. For those years I had to watch you get hurt by people, see other people make you laugh, and everything else that I wished I could've saved you from or done to you."

I could see the sincerity in his eyes. I could tell that everything he was saying was true.

"When you accepted me back there, my heart was racing like there was no tomorrow. Surprisingly, it's still beating as fast." He grabbed my hand and pulled it over to his chest.

He was right.

"To be honest...I'm guilty of doing those things to Zico." He looked down in shame and then looked back at me. "Seeing you so worked up about him being hurt made me realise how terrible I was acting. For that...I'm sorry."

He grasped me into one more tight hug and I hugged him back. Hearing those words coming out of his mouth gave me a weird feeling inside, and I wasn't too sure if I was angry, surprised, or...happy. After all, he is technically my boyfriend now. But I have to remember that I'm doing it for Zico...right?

We broke the hug and continued walking in silence. I had no words to say but when we arrived at our houses, all I could do was say thank you.

As I walked inside, I saw my brother sitting and watching a movie. He looked at me and frowned. "You don't look happy. Sit here and tell me what happened." Jinyoung patted the space beside him. I obliged and sat down next to him as he paused the movie.

I told Jinyoung what happened from when Zico made the garden to when U-kwon told me how he felt about everything. I basically had no turning back when it came to telling Jinyoung something. He's like the type of person you can tell anything to and they won't judge you no matter what.

When I finished, all he did was lift his feet up onto the table and crossed his arms. "Are you sure you're happy about your choice?"

I looked at him slightly confused at first. "What do you mean?"

He put his legs down and turned to face me. "I mean what I mean. Are you sure you made the right choice?"

I was still very confused and just sat there with a blank expression. Jinyoung cupped my face and nodded. "You're a smart girl, Mi Sun. I always know that you make the right decisions." He let go of my face and sighed. "But do you think that ignoring Zico will be a benefit...or a loss?"

Jinyoung ruffled my hair and smiled. "Think about it for a while, ok?" He then turned around and continued watching his movie.

I sat there for a while, thinking about what he just said before I moved off to my bedroom and fell on my bed.

"Ughh...my head hurts from all this thinking!" I grabbed one of my stuffed toys and hugged it tightly. I stared up into the ceiling and just thought for a while.

"Would it be a benefit...or a loss?" I cupped my face and sat up, facing the wall mirror in front of me. Something around my neck sparkled in the light coming from the window. I took it off from around my neck and looked at it.

It was the necklace Zico gave me.

My head started spinning again at the thought of Zico's confession on the boat. He was crying because of me.

Then the thought of U-kwon's confessions came up. The first, he left me there. The second, he hurt one of his best friends because of me.

Why was it all because of me?

I got up and changed into my pajama's before heading downstairs for a glass of water. Just then, my parents arrived home. "Mi Sun-ah! Are you alright? Did you eat? You don't look very happy." Mum said to me as she put down her bags and cupped my face.

"I'm alright, mum. I think I'll skip dinner today. I'm just going to do my homework and go to bed." My mum sighed and let go of me, patting my head.

I made my glass of water and went upstairs to my room. I put my drink down on the dresser and I sat back down on my bed.

"Benefit or Loss...?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefit or Loss????

What do you guys think ._. ??

Leave a comment about your thoughts because I really love reading your comments *^* <3

(Comment/Subscribe/JustPlainRead!)

- hi_there_kpop