Why

My Neighbours, Block B

U-Kwon's POV

 

I was going up to the rooftop for lunch. I needed the time to take my mind off some thoughts.

During class, my mind was set on Mi Sun. Last night, Zico wasn't home so I got suspicious. Till now, I'm still wondering what he was doing. Taeil hyung didn't seem to take note of it but I certainly did.

I was walking up the bunch of stairs that I hate so freaking much and reached the top. I was about to pull the door open, that was, until I heard some voices.

"Zico? You there?"

That voice...it belonged to Mi Sun.

I leaned against the door trying to listen to anything else she was trying to say, but all I made out were faint mumbles. Then, I heard Zico's voice.

"It took me ages to make this. I stayed here all night last night and this morning finishing this place. The least you could do is say thanks."

My eyes widened as I became more curious by the second. I heard the faint murmurs and mumbling again till Zico's voice spoke out again.

"I also did it...for you."

What the actual...what did he do for Mi Sun?

"Zico. You are one special friend aren't you?"

I couldn't take it anymore and opened the door slowly just to peek at what was happening. When my eyes laid on them, my heart literally felt like it shattered in massive pieces. Mi Sun pulled Zico into a hug and he hugged her back.

I heard him speak a little bit after, "I know I am...I know."

What's happening to me? Why do I feel this way?

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes so I shook my head vigorously and clenched my fists.

I am definitely not going to lose the girl I love to my dongsaeng...

"You better watch your back, Woo Jiho." I whispered to myself as I continued watching their every move.

-

Your POV

Zico and I broke the hug and we stared into each other's eyes. His eyes were a warm brown. It made me feel relaxed and happy. Though we only started talking again a couple of days ago, I can finally see the person I nearly lost forever.

This giant teddy bear, Woo Jiho.

He softly smiled at me and placed strands of my hair behind my ear. "You look so cute when you're staring into my eyes like that."                             

I couldn't help but blush and look down in embarrassment. Zico gently  my cheek and closed his eyes, leaning foreword towards me.

My heart was beating faster more than ever. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach.

Why am I acting this way?

My insticts took over and I closed my eyes and leaned foreword as well. His soft lips brushed against mine and...

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?"

We both immediately stopped and turned to who yelled. A figure started walking towards us and my face fell.

"U-kwon op-"

"DON'T YOU OPPA ME! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME!? HOW COULD YOU JUST FORGET ABOUT ME AND TRY TO KISS ZICO!? DIDN'T MY CONFESSION GET TO YOUR HEAD!?" U-Kwon cut me off. I was shaking. I've never seen him this angry before...and it's all my fault.

"U-Kwon-ah...don't yell at Mi Sun like that." I looked up to see Zico standing in front of me. He was defending me.

"SHUT UP ZICO! YOU'RE NOT A PART OF THIS!" U-Kwon shot Zico a death glare and grabbed me by the arm. "You're coming with me." I was being dragged to the door and I was so scared. I didn't know what U-Kwon was going to do to me.

"She's not going anywhere." Zico grabbed hold of U-Kwon's arm and yanked it off mine. He then whispered into my ear, "Don't worry. I've got this."

Oh no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy mother of penguins...

(Comment/Subscribe/JustPlainRead!)

- hi_there_kpop