Apology Present

My Neighbours, Block B

Your POV

 

When you got off the boat, you realised something was wrong. "Hey Jaehyo oppa, I think I left something in the boat. I'll be back." You ran back inside and looked around.

*Where did Zico go?*

I ran around the boat and then remembered that he was near the bathroom last time I saw him. I ran over there and saw a figure sitting down, resting his head on his knees while mumbling something. You just barely made out what he said and it felt like a massive stab to your heart.

"I'm sorry Mi Sun. It wasn't my fault. It was Himchan. Why didn't you believe me? I didn't even get to ask him why and...I never got to speak to you again..."

Zico was sobbing to himself. I couldn't bare to leave him like this, let alone being in a boat by ourselves. At that very moment, I wanted to hug him tightly just like we did in second grade. I wanted to eat together and make him smile like back then. I still can't believe he remembers. I thought I was the only one who did. Seeing him like this made me feel terrible. I didn't even give him a chance.

Just thinking about it made me want to cry but I held it in knowing that Zico doesn't like it when I cry.

I stepped closer and crouched down beside him. He noticed me there and moved away from me.

"How much did you hear?"

"Not much..." I paused and took a deep breath, "But enough to say that I'm sorry."

-

Zico's POV

 

"Not much...But enough to say that I'm sorry."

When she said those words, I wanted to hit her so hard, but I knew I couldn't. For one reason is that she's a girl and the second... is that I wouldn't have the heart to hurt the person I love.

"It's been eight years Mi Sun. Eight years without the person who I could count on. Eight years without my best friend and just when I thought things were getting better, it didn't." I looked at her and she was staring at me with soft eyes but they were on the verge of tears. I breathed in and continued.

"I was ignored by all of the kids in school because I had no friends. Kyung would come and greet me but then he would always go back to you. He asked me to follow but I didn't want to go back to the one person I hurt the most because it would've hurt me too." I sighed and wiped away the tears that were about to fall.

"Then when my mum died two years ago, I moved in with the other's. They were so humble...but I didn't know that you were our neighbour. So from then, I wanted to change what you thought of me. I wanted things to go back to the way it all started..." I choked on my tears and covered my face with my palms.

It was so stupid crying in front of the girl I liked more than anything else in the world but what could I do? I was a hot mess at that moment. I soon dialed down the crying and looked next to me...

She was crying as well.

-

Your POV

 

Everything he said was true.

I never gave him a chance. I never even asked Himchan why he did it let alone get him in trouble.

It was all terrible.

I was a terrible best friend...scratch that...I am a terrible best friend.

I never knew he moved in with the other's because his mother died. I never knew that he had no friends. I didn't know ANYTHING! It burned me so much to know that someone was hurting this much because of me. I just couldn't hold back my tears. Crying in front of Zico was stupid.

I just sobbed and sobbed until I felt a warm touch on my back, grasping me into a hug. I really missed that warm touch. It was different to the other people I've hugged. It was just so comforting and I let it all go eight years ago.

Zico's hugs were always the best.

"I'm really sorry Zico. I really didn't mean anything I did back then. I was just really mad. I couldn't take losing you all those years and I know that this sounds crazy to say now but I miss you."

I actually spoke what was on my mind...IT FELT SO GOOD!

"It's alright...just stop crying." Zico's voice was so soothing. His touch was so humble.

I wish I could go back in time and change everything I did.

"We should g-get going. Jaehyo and the rest might be waiting looking for us.." I said as I tried to get up but my legs were to weak from the crying. I stumbled and fell but before I could even make contact with the ground, a pair of arms grabbed me.

"Be careful you pabo. You might've hit your head." Zico said with a little bit of joke in his voice. I giggled slightly and hit his arm playfully.

"Don't tell me what to do. Come on let's g-" I was cut off when Zico's grasp became a hug.

"Can we just stay like this a little longer..."

I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. "I missed hugging you like this." I confessed and I felt him smile as I placed my head on his shoulder.

"YAH! GUYS! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

-

U-Kwon's POV

 

Where the hell are those two? First she was missing with Jaehyo and now Zico?

AISH I'M ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND HERE!

I walked over to the boat and felt someone grab my shoulder. "Mi Sun said she just needed to get something. We're going ahead to the mall. Don't worry too much." Taeil said reassuringly but I shrugged him off.

"I just want to wait for her..I'll be fine." I lied. I wanted to barge in there and separate both of them.

"Whatever you say...COME ON GUYS LET'S GO!" Taeil yelled out to the other's and they all walked off. I stared at them walking in the distance and saw Jaehyo look back at me with a mad expression. He then turned around and walked off like nothing happened.

Over protective.

When it reached the point where they were out of my sight, I walked right into the boat and yelled.

"YAH! GUYS! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

I walked around the boat and saw no one. It was useless finding them...wait Zico was at the bathroom.

I approached the bathroom as quietly as I could and hid behind a wall. I peeked over at them and my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets.

Mi Sun and Zico...HUGGING?!?!

What happened when I was gone?

I decided to break the silence so I cleared my throat as loudly as I could. "Ahem..."

They broke out of their hug and I stepped out from behind my little stalking area. "The other's already left. You coming?"

They looked at each other and giggled them back to me. "Sure. Let's go Zico-ah!" Mi Sun said happily as she skipped out of the boat with Zico, hand in hand.

Couldn't that be my hand in her's?

I sighed and stared at the ground until I felt a massive hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a security guard staring at me straight in the eyes. "Aren't you going to get out of here? It's a restriction to be in here after cruise hours." 

I hesitated and nodded while literally running out of the door. Could people be any scarier these days? 

When I was outside, Zico and Mi Sun were out of sight. How did they move out so fast?

-

Zico's POV

Mi Sun and I were hand in hand, running while laughing out loud. 

Best. Feeling. EVER! 

It was like those scenes in movies where the boy get's the girl and they run across a field happily. 

But she's not mine yet. 

I'll start off slowly since we're alright with each other now and if she falls for me then BAM! I ask her out!

Hopefully it's not too rushed out. 

We were still hand in hand but we decided to just walk it out. Running was tiring after all. When we reached the entrance of the mall, we turned back to see if U-kwon was any where near us. He wasn't even close. He was all the way near the boat. I wish I could laugh but I was too puffed out so I just smirked. 

"They should be in here. Should we wait for U-kwon oppa?" She asked but I just shrugged. 

"Up to you. But I'm sure Taeil hyung will call him anyways so we should find them first." Mi Sun nodded and jumped happily. 

"Well what are we waiting for!? Kaja!" She dragged me inside and it was breath-taking. 

Shop's covered nearly everything. People were walking in and out of stores either holding a whole bunch of bags or with nothing at all. It was a shopping paradise. 

I looked over to Mi Sun who seemed to be enjoying the view. But the problem was...how were we going to fine the rest of the guys in the huge mall?

"Uhh...Mi Sun...do you think you know where they might be?" I asked while shaking her arm like a little kid but she just looked up at me and smiled. 

"As if you wouldn't know. I mean seriously...it's THEM! Where else would THEY go first when they reach a mall?" I blinked. I was so confused. Where would they be? 

She seemed to notice my confused look and sighed. "Follow me..." She grabbed my wrist and dragged me through the crowd as if she knew where she was going. She was looking around and stopped in front of a little stand with brochures. 

She opened one up and it showed a map of the whole mall. This place is big...

"Ok I got it...this way!" She grabbed my wrist again and dragged me through the whole place. People were staring at us as if we were foreigners who didn't know anything at all. But I didn't care. At least they saw me with the girl that means the world to me right now. 

When we reached an escalator, she sighed a sigh of relief and let go of my wrist. "We'll probably see them up here." She stepped on and I stepped on after. Her hair looks so beautiful when it's down. I just wanted to caress it and it and just take in it's scent while hugging her...

Ok just stop Zico. Now's not the right time.

When we reached the top I finally understood what she meant...

We were at the food court.

Plenty of people were crowding tables and all the lines at the food shops were huge. How were we going to find them in this jungle full of hungry hippos? 

"ZICO-AH! MI SUN-AH! OVER HERE!" 

Well...they found us. 

We looked over to where the voices were coming from and saw everyone except for U-kwon and P.O. We knew where U-kwon was...well sort of...but where was P.O?

"Hey where did the little one go?" I asked as we walked over to them. They laughed and pointed to a long line of people waiting at a food shop. 

"We played rock paper scissors to see who would have to buy the food and Jihoon over there lost. Poor maknae." Kyung said while laughing. 

On the other hand, Jaehyo stared at me both sadly and angrily. He pulled out his phone and suddenly started texting. 

Just then, a message came up on my phone. I took out my phone and read the message...of course it was from Jaehyo. 

'Explain why you're holding hands with Mi Sun...I thought you guys weren't close?' 

I sighed and texted back. 

'Mi Sun and I are close again :) we had a talk and it ended pretty well!! ^^ why? Are we not allowed to hold hands? :P'

I looked at Jaehyo and he was enraged. He looked like he was going to grab the chair next to him and throw it at me.

'I'll deal with you later..'

I looked back at him and he shoved his phone back in his pocket. All I did was ask him a simple question...

-

Jaehyo's POV

 

Stupid Zico being a smart ...

Are we not allowed to hold hands?

AISH CAN I THROW A CHAIR AT HIM!?

Ok Jaehyo... calm down. This was supposed to be a time of fun...don't worry about bastards and just think about the positive.

Just think about the positive..

-

Your POV

 

I glanced over at Zico and he was staring at his phone. He looked so confused but he pulled a random goofy smile and turned to me. "So what are you going to eat?" I shrugged at his question, looking around at all the good food places around.

"Hmm...what about sushi?" I suggested and Zico smiled warmly at my response.

"Alrighty then!" He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the line. Just at that exact moment my phone started to ring.

I looked at the caller ID and it was Jaehyo oppa. What does he want right now? And isn't he sitting down at the table?

"Zico-ah. I got a call. I'll be right back!" I waved and walked through the massive crowd till I reached the bathrooms where everything was quiet.

 

I answered the call. "Yobeoseyo?"

"Mi Sun-ssi, why are you suddenly close to Zico?"

"We had a chat about it and now we're alright. Why?" At first he didn't answer but then he spoke up.

"It's just been so quick...that's all. And by the way I hope you like my set up for you! Isn't this place amazing?"

"I thought U-kwon was the one who planned this...well at least that's what he told me." I heard Jaehyo mumble something right after I said that.

"When did he say that?"

"While we were still on the boat."

"Well he was wrong. I was the one that set it up."

I paused for a second. Did he really? "Well then thanks oppa. I need to go now."

 

I hung up and walked back to Zico. He was already at the front of the line and was ordering for me. I nearly reached him until Kyung blocked my way. 

"I thought you said that I was going to buy you food." 

I remembered back to when we were in the car... "Sorry Kyunggie...but think of it as a good thing. You don't have to waste your money on me!" 

"But that's the whole reason why we're here," Kyung sighed, "Don't worry then. I'll just buy you something at the other shops." He walked off and sat down at the table. 

I looked at Zico and he had two rolls of sushi. He saw me and shyly handed over a roll. "Salmon and avocado. I know you like it." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and walked over to the table leaving me dumbfounded. 

You are one sweet guy Zico...

-

"SHOPPING TIME!" Kyung seemed the happiest about going around to the shops but something was missing...U-kwon still wasn't here. 

"Taeil oppa, did you see U-kwon anywhere?" I asked while tugging on his sleeve. He looked at me and shrugged. 

"I called him but he wouldn't pick up. I wonder where that kid went." 

I shuddered at the thought of leaving him behind. It was my fault that he hasn't come back so I texted him. 

'Oppa where are you? We haven't seen you since we left the boat :c'

I waited for his reply but nothing came so I put my phone in my pocket and just kept walking. 

Kyung looked at nearly every shop, analysing the prices and the quality. What's up with him? Even I'm not that obsessed while going shopping...OH MY GOSH THAT'S SO PRETTY! 

I looked at a jewelry store and saw the cutest necklace ever! 

 

I've seen so many of these necklaces as a kid and I've always wanted one for myself. Apparently Jinyoung oppa said it was too weird looking and told me to leave it. Meanie oppa...

I stared at it for quite a while and I didn't realise that the other's already bought their stuff while I was just staring at the necklace that I will never get. 

"What's that you're staring at?" I was startled at the sudden question and saw Zico looking at me curiously. 

I laughed awkwardly and shook my head. "Nothing let's just go. I don't think I can choose in what to buy." I said as I walked off with the rest tailing behind me. 

-

Zico's POV

 

Mi Sun suddenly walked off while the other's shrugged and followed her back to the car. 

I, on the other hand, caught her staring at a teddy bear necklace that I thought would look cute on her. I smiled and walked inside the shop. 

"How much for this teddy bear necklace?" I asked the cashier.

"Fifty five dollars. Is it for your girlfriend?" The cashier asked me as she smiled at me ever so curiously. I smiled back. 

"Sort of..." I looked through my wallet and had just enough money to pay for the necklace, "Here you go." I gladly handed her the money and she nodded while grabbing the necklace and placing it in a box. 

"Here's your change sir. I hope your girlfriend like's your present!" She waved at me and I waved back while walking out of the shop and back to the car. 

I hope she does...

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M BACK CHINGU'S !! T^T 
Omgosh...I'm really behind on my updating :c it's been like 3wks since I've updated this fic D: 

Mianhae OTL

I owe you all cake ^^ my treat ~ 

ehehe :D 

I seriously missed you all and sorry for the lame update ;A;
Hopefully the next chapter will be better :) !!  

I also wanted to say thanks to all 35 of you for subscribing and giving me the support to move on C: 

OMG TOUCHING MOMENT :'3

(Comment/Subscribe/JustPlainRead!) 

- hi_there_kpop 

Saranghae