The Best Friend

Your Words

 

 

Woohyun felt awful. But he was Sunggyu’s best friend. And he knew what he saw. Of course he would tell Sunggyu.

 

He watched from afar as Sunggyu disappeared out of the dressing room. Then, he spoke with the managers, convinced them to push the entire photo shoot back a day (much to their displeasure), and then decided to use his free time to go out and play hooky a second time. He considered going after his hyung, but he knew that Sunggyu had things to work out alone.

 

Absentmindedly, Woohyun scanned the boutique storefronts as he walked down the sidewalk. He smiled to himself when one of the doors swung open, and he heard the faint background music was playing Infinite’s new “Nothing’s Over.”

 

He stopped, looking into the store’s window. It looked like a quaint little café. He wondered how good their Americanos were, and decided to go inside.

 

He helped himself to a seat by the window. He knew what he would order, but he flipped through the menu all the same. In no time at all, a tired voice broke his reverie.

 

“Hello, what can I get for you today—Omo! Woohyun?!”

 

He looked up, and locked eyes with none other than Mina herself. He inhaled sharply. She broke into a large smile.

 

“Wow! Nice to see you! But I thought Sunggyu said you had a photo shoot or something?”

 

He took a small moment to get over the shock, and then gave a small smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Yeah. It got postponed.” Because of you, he added to himself.

 

She frowned, but then shrugged it off. “Well, okay. What can I get you?” she asked, whipping out a small notepad and a pen.

 

He thought for a moment. “Two Americanos, please.”

 

“Oh? You’re expecting company?” she asked, eyeing the empty seat across from him.

 

He smiled. “The second one is for you. Let’s talk.”

 

She squinted suspiciously. “Uh…Okay.”

 

***

 

She eyed him carefully over the rim of her glass. He took a relaxed stance, sipping at his own coffee and looking about, taking in the scene. Then suddenly, he scooted forward, resting his chin on his folded hands.

 

“Mina. You know I’m Sunggyu’s best friend, right?”

 

She frowned. “Yes. I know.”

 

“And you know that I would protect him like a brother, right?”

 

“Woohyun, what are you getting at?”

 

He sighed. “I saw you yesterday. At the coffeeshop, with Kibum.”

 

Her eyes rounded. “You… you were there?”

 

He nodded. “I saw him kiss you, and I saw that you didn’t pull away.” She was shell-shocked, so he continued, his voice growing hard. “Naturally, I told hyung. I don’t know where your heart is, but I know how he feels. And I know that he deserves a hell of a lot more than this. He deserves the truth!”

 

had fallen open at his words, and she didn’t do anything but stare at him for a while. Then…“Woohyun… how could you?”

 

Suddenly, a fire ignited in his eyes. “Mwo?! Mina, how could you?!”

 

“I was going to tell him, but… but…”

 

“But what, Mina?!”

 

“I just need time! He told me that he’d give me time--”

 

Woohyun slammed his hand on the table, making Mina jump. He’d had enough of her stubbornness. “Mina! How much time could you possibly need?! You don’t see what he’s like nowadays. He checks his phone religiously! He’s always thinking of you, and wondering when the day would be over so he could see you! Chincha… he’s a hair away of throwing away everything Infinite is, just so he could stay by your side!!”

 

She snapped back. “I didn’t ask for him to do all of that! I just asked him to wait!”

 

“Mina! You don’t get it! He loves you!”

 

She was about to counter, when suddenly, his words sank in. She frowned, letting the words digest. He… what?

 

Woohyun calmed himself down, and spoke again in an even tone. “Mina. He loves you. He really does.”

 

He watched the tears welling up in her eyes. He sighed, and then gently reached across the table, taking hold of her hands. “Mina. Go to him. What are you waiting for?” He smiled tenderly at her. “There’s nothing to be afraid of. Go.”

 

She took in his smile for a moment, trying to see through the blur in her eyes. Finally, her tears fell. She squeezed his hands back. “Thank you, Woohyun.” Then, she stood and quickly walked out of the shop.

 

 

---

 

 

UPDATE SPAM!!!!! Mianhe, yorobun, but I'm like really excited to get this story out. Maybe it's because we're so close to the end!! Or maybe it's the ridiculous sugar high from all these cookies I've eaten today. GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!

A while ago, s_rahbear (<--Click for her awesome new story!) asked me who my Infinite bias was. Honestly, I wasn't sure back then, but now that I think about it... LET'S BE REAL. WOOHYUN WOOHYUN WOOHYUN, ALL DAY ERRDAY!! That pabo has appeared in every single one of my stories. I might have been swayed by Infinite H and Sunggyu's solo debuts, but real talk: the greaseball takes my heart <3

tumblr_mitrgyCP171qfw0uso1_500.gif

I hope your day is fantastically full of cookies. Thanks for the read.