Across the Threshold

Your Words

 

 
She didn't want to let go. More than anything in the world, she didn't want to let go. But, she didn't want to scare him by holding on for too long, so she relaxed her grip. After a moment, he released her, but not before he let his hands trace down her arms and take hold of her hers. He leaned his forehead against hers, their noses touching just slightly. She felt him sigh. "Gaja, Mina. Let me walk you home."
 
He pulled away from her, but she noticed that he kept a firm grip on one of her hands. Then, he motioned for her to lead the way, a kind smile on his lips.
 
Sure, a part of her felt scared enough to run away. She almost couldn't believe the vulnerable state she had put herself in. But another part of her found so much warmth there, beside him, that she didn't want to ever let go.
 
He made a mental note of the streets as they walked, committing them to memory. When they arrived at her front door, he hesitatingly let go of her hand so she could fish out her keys. The old wood and the dilapidated hallway were not unlike her old apartment.
 
She had to push hard on her door to get it open. She chuckled in slight embarrassment, before turning to face him across the threshold.
 
It was a moment he had waited for, and a moment that he'd dreaded. He didn't know what to do or say, so he stood motionless in thought.
 
He fought the urge to kiss her right there. He wanted to hug her, but he couldn't read her body language. What if it was crossing the line? He'd already hugged her once, and he wasn't sure if she'd let him get away with it again. The seconds ticked by, and he grew more nervous, trying to think about what to do. Should he offer to shake her hand? No, that's lame. Should he just kiss her on her forehead? What about her cheek? Or should he just say goodbye instead? Would it be too much to ask for her new number? Or to ask to see her again soon? Tomorrow, even?
 
Luckily, Mina spoke first. "Do... you want to come in?"
 
Her question surprised him, but he recovered quickly with a small smile. "Sure."
 
*
 
The inside of her apartment was just like her last one. Already, small piles of scratch paper covered the tables and parts of the floor.
 
She disappeared into the bathroom, so Sunggyu made himself at home. He was still soaked from the rain, so he tried not to wet anything by keeping his hands to himself. He peeked around, absentmindedly scanning the mess and thinking fondly about the last time he was in her apartment. When she was a drunken hot mess and he had to carry her back.
 
Suddenly, his eyes locked in on her nightstand. Just as before, there was a scattering of books, papers, and a coffee cup.
 
But he noticed that the small picture frame from before was gone.
 
Instead, there were a couple of magazines. One of them was propped open, revealing a colorful picture spread, and as he neared, he recognized his own band. Infinite, at their last concert, where he slipped Mina that piece of paper. He blinked in disbelief.
 
"I see you've caught me."
 
He jumped, turning to see Mina watching him, leaning against her doorway. He smirked at her. "I see you've missed me."
 
She tried to frown to conceal her smile, reaching up to throw a towel onto his head. Roughly, she began drying him down, making him chuckle and try to push the towel onto her own wet face. She squealed, and they fought playfully for a while, throwing the towel back and forth, until finally, he managed to grab hold of her hands and pin them behind her back.
 
It took a full second for them to realize the position they were in. Sunggyu's arms basically wrapped around her, and their faces irresistibly close. They stared into each other's eyes. She swallowed nervously.
 
"Bboe bboe," she whispered without thinking. Her own eyes grew wide in surprise, and she stared at him, waiting to see what he would do.
 
He blinked twice. Then, he leaned in and pressed his lips softly against hers.
 
 
---
 
 
FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF!! Ahhh that was fun. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. But this isn't the end! Time to move the story along, with the next update~  :S