Potential Poets

Fire and Ice

The girls walked into school together the next day.  They acted like nothing had happened, but there was a different air about them. Jonghyun smiled and ran up, envelpoing Hae in a hug when they walked into the classroom.  He nodded towards Jae, which she returned with a roll of the eyes.  Hae glanced at them, "Did something happen between you two?"  Jonghyun shrugged, "I kinda yelled at her when she wouldn't tell me where you were, but we made up."  Jae nodded and kept walking to her seat.  Key was already leaning against it and smiled at her, "I have notes for you."  She looked over the pages and handed them back to him, "I know how to do that stuff.  Why don't you give it to Hae."  He nodded and turned to the other girl, "Hae, do you want the notes from yesterday?"  Hae smiled, "Yes, thank you!"

 

Key looked down at Jae as she rubbed her stomach, "Are you okay?"  She smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I just need some water."  He stood up, "Just water, do want something to eat?"  Jae shook her head, "Just water please, thanks."  Key nodded and walked out of the classroom, returning with a bottle of water.  Hae watched him and smiled when he handed the bottle to Jae.  She was happy that someone was taking care of her sister.  Hae turned back to Minho, who was explaining to her some of the things that she didn't understand in the notes.  Which were most.  Minho shook his head, "If you don't work on this you won't pass the test next week."    She groaned, "It's not like I'll need to know how to use imaginary numbers when I get older."  "What do you want to be?" He asked.  Hae threw a glanced at Jae before sighing, "A phsycologist.  I figured Jae or Hyung will take over the company, but I'd still like to be a part of it."  Mimho smiled, "Actually, that's kinda cool.  I was expecting a job like a fashion designer or model."  Hae giggled, "Nope, Jae got all the creativeness and no social skills, while I can read most people like books, but can hardly hold a tune or draw a stick figure."

 

That afternoon the whole group was walking to the Jang house to do homework together.  Hae groaned at the front of them, "Ugh, I can't write poetry, never the less in English."  Jonghyun nodded, "I don't know how I'm going to get through this assignment."  Key shrugged, "Who knows when inspiration will hit."  He glanced back towards where Jae had been walking, only to see her bent over half way down the road.  He stopped, making the rest of the group aware that she wasn't there.  Jae picked up a bunch of wilted flowers out of the gutter and walked back to the group, inspecting them.  Onew raised an eyebrow, "Dead flowers?"  She smiled into them, "Isn't it ironic how we kill flowers because we think that they are beautiful, but we kill ourselves because we think that we are not."  Hae frowned, "Jae, you're okay right?"  The girl looked up and nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips.  They began again to the house the boys talking among themselves, and Hae sending concerned glances back at Jae who was examining the dead petals.

 

Once inside, Jae turned into the kitchen.  Hae followed, watching her sister pull out a half full sake bottle and placing the flowers in it.  Taemin tilted his head, sending her a questioning look.  Jae smiled, "Well it seemed fitting to put dying things in a murderous bottle."  Hae stared at her sister for a minute before asking again, "Are you sure you're okay?"  Jae nodded, "Why wouldn't I be okay?"  Her sister shrugged, "I was just checking."  Jae made her way to the large room with the piano in it with everyone else following.  She set the flowers down on the piano and turned to them, "So shall we start."  Key nodded and sat down on the hard wood floor.  The rest followed suit.  Jae smirked and skipped to the stereo and plugged in her ipod, "I hope you guys don't mind listening to my music.  You may not like it, but it's a little more inspirational what Hae has."  Hae mouth dropped open and she chucked a notebook at her sister.  Jae giggled and pressed play ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVScnMeJoyw ).  Minho turned to her after it started playing, "Really?"  

 

Jae ignored him and grabbed a notebook out of her backpack.  She sat on the piano bench and stared up at the flowers before scribbling down some stuff in the notebook.  Suddenly the door opened, revealing a middle aged woman in dress clothes.  "Jae Byeol, how many times do I have to tell you to turn that racket down."  She yelled.  Jae sighed, "A million times mother."  "A million and one today and if I have to tell you again you will be on the next plane back to London so you can have a chat with Maria, so help me god."  Their mother yelled again and Hae cleared , bringing attention to the rest of them sitting on the floor.  "Mom, these are our friends from school."  She said, motioning to the guys.  They waved at the woman and she tried to cover up the conversation that they had just heard with a smile, "Hello, thanks for taking care of my daughters."  She turned to Jae, "Music."  Jae nodded and turned her music off.  She sat back down and began writing again.  Their mother rolled her eyes and left.

 

After their mother's footsteps were heard going, Jae stood up, the piano bench scraping across the floor.  Hae glanced up at her, "You know she didn't mean it Jae."  The girl shook her head, "Whatever, I need some air."  She left the room, leaving her notebook behind.  Taemin clicked his tounge, "Done."  Key's mouth dropped open, "How are you done this fast?  Read it!"  Taemin shrugged and began his poem.

"I danced around just the music and me,

But who is this girl who moves so elegantly.

She spins around in her dress of lace,

Emotions constantly bleeding across her face.

She moves to the music turning every head,

With eyes that seem to tell me she'd rather be dead.

But who is this girl who dances so elegantly,

And would she ever dance with me?"

He smiled when he was finished.  Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, "Did they find your duet partner?"  The maknae smiled and nodded, "And she is so amazing.  I can't wait to actually start practicing with her."  Hae groaned tossing her notebook to the side, "Key, can you grab Jae's notebook?"  he glanced at her, "Is it okay?  I mean she may not be done or it could be personal."  

 

Hae rolled her eyes, "This is my sister, the genius, that we are talking about.  She actually lived in London with my mom for about a year and a half.  The teacher is bound to call on her.  And, Jae never leaves any of her writings undone.  She's crazy like that.  I've listened to her complain for hours, while writing essays, about how she has to pee.  And she's not like a normal person that will get up fom the computer and go to the bathroom when they need to.  No, she'll take her fricken laptop with her as she is about to piss her pants.  I love my sister, but she's nuts."  Key nodded and timidly grabbed the notebook.  Hae took it from him and read out loud, 

"She grew a garden in her heart in place of people,

And watered it with droplets of her tears.

She sang to the roses and danced in the daisies.

She told the dandelions all of her fears.

But when he walked in they started to whither,

And she pushed him away to keep them alive.

Because this garden was growing within her,

Watered solely by the tears of her eyes."

Everyone stopped and let the words sink in.  Key cleared his throat, "That explains the flowers."  Hae nodded, "Yeah, I should probably go check on her."  She stood up, leaving the guys alone in the room.  Minho sighed, "Well that makes my haiku sound pathetic."  Onew laughed, "You have to read it."

"I am number ten,

Soccer team captain, striker

Leader of the team."

Jonghyun stiffled a giggle, "That is so very,"  He paused, "Minho."  The taller reached over and smacked him with his notebook.  Jae walked in at the display and raised an eyebrow, "If you bleed you have to clean up your own blood."  Hae chuckled and sat down, handing her sister back her notebook.  Jae smiled, "So who else has one?"  Key slipped the paper he had been writing on into his backpack, "Mine is kinda personal.  So I am not going to read it."  Jonghyun smiled at the girl, "Minho's is ."  Jae rolled her eyes, "Well at least Minho has one and is done."  "I'm done too."  Onew said excitedly, holding his paper in the air.  He handed it to Jae and she read it out loud,

"J-oker

I-nsane

N-oob

K-hiken

I-diot"

Jae paused, "Is the one for your K supposed to be chicken?"  Onew nodded excitedly.  Hae giggled, "Onew, chicken is spelled c-h-i-c-k-e-n."  He frowned, earning a roar of laughter from the other guys, "I like my spelling better."  Jonghyun handed her his, "Alright, all that's left is Hae's."  Hae shrugged, "I'll figure mine out tonight."  Jae nodded before reading Jonghyun's.

"I met a girl at half past two,

and with her there are many things I'd like to do.

I want to sing her to sleep at night,

and hold her close and tight.

We could stay up staring at the moon.

I'll bring her flowers in the month of June.

I'd take her to my meddow,

and hide her from her lonely past's shadow.

I would give her all of my love,

until we leave this world for the one up above."

Minho chuckled, "Jonghyun is whipped."  Key's eyes flashed towards the sisters, "I wonder who it could be."  "I'm not telling because then every girl will hope it is them."  Jonghyun said while rolling his eyes.  Jae snorted, "That's ridiculous, but it will probably work anyway."  He beamed, "Duh it will.  I have every girl in school wrapped around my fingers."  Hae laughed, "Every girl but Jae apparently."  Jonghyun smirked at Jae, "That sounds like a challenge to me.  Consider yourself my next target Jang Jae Byeol."  The girl rolled her eyes, "Jonghyun, consider yourself heartbroken, because it's not going to work.  Either way you'd only like me for my looks, good thing I've got a twin sister."