Third Degree Burns and Frost Bite

Fire and Ice

The next day as Jae and Hae went into their math class together.  Today they seemed to be on bad terms to SHINee.  They all turned to Hae for answers.  "Did you guys get in a fight?" Jonghyun asked.  She sighed dramatically and nodded.  "Why?"  Taemin inquired with curious eyes.  "Yesterday she went some place and she won't tell me where or what she did there.  I just don't understand why she can't tell me, I am her twin sister."  Hae huffed and Jae could feel the guys' eyes on her.  She rolled her eyes and brought her headphones up over her ears.  She waited until the teacher was in the room to tug them off.  

 

Mrs. Lee smiled  at the class, "Good morning.  I finished correcting papers and most of you didn't do so hot."  She frowned down at the papers in her hand.  She set them down on her desk and picked up the top, "Except one person who got a hundred percent and was the only one who got the bonus question." Minho smirked and leaned back, prepared to stand up.  "Jang Jae Byeol, good job."  His eyes widened and he stared as Jae made her way to the front, with an indifferent air around her.  Mrs. Lee stopped her when she got up to the front and pointed towards the board, "Could you write how you did the bonus question up there."  She quickly wrote down the complex equation and step by step how she got her answer.  After she finished it she went back to her seat.  

 

Mrs. Lee looked over the problem then started explaining it to the rest of the class before handing them back their papers.  Minho looked eagerly at his paper.  It had a 95% written in the top corner.  He grumbled and glanced over at Jae, who was now staring out the window.  Hae got her paper back and pouted.  He turned back to her and saw the red 52% scribble on it. Minho raised an eyebrow at her, "How did you get that while your sister aced it?"  Hae rolled her eyes, "She is so smart. Always has been."  "Then why don't you ask her to help you?"  Key asked.  The girl grimaced down at her paper, "Because she is a demon.  I asked for her help once and her deal is for every question I get wrong have to do a day of her chores.  That one time, I ended up doing them for two months."  The group chuckled.

 

Key decided to be daring and went to sit down next to Jae.  SHINee and Hae gave him weird looks and he sent back a thumbs up.  He leaded over and poked her arm, trying to get her attention.  Jae turned to him and slid off her headphones.  "So, I was wondering why you and Hae aren't talking to each other."  He tilted his head.  The girl just rolled her eyes and shook her head.  Key scowled, "Damn, you guys are like fire and ice.  Hae's all friendly and warm and you're cold and introverted.  I don't understand how you are twins."  Jae just stared at him blankly.  Jonghyun smiled from his seat, "Fire and Ice, that can be your guys' nicknames.  Hae is fire while Jae is Ice, it's perfect."  Hae nodded, "I like it.  What do you think Ice?"  She ignored them and pulled her headphones back on.

 

The bell rang and Jae quickly left the classroom.  Key and Taemin looked at each other before shrugging and heading to their class.  Hae turned to Minho and Jonghyun and smiled, "So, what do you guys think of my sister?"  Jonghyun shrugged, "She doesn't talk enough for me to have an opinion of her."  "I think that she's stuck up."  Minho whispered, thinking about the way she had done the math problem.  Hae nodded and walked with them to their English class.  She joked around with Jonghyun, slightly ignoring Minho.  The team captain wasn't quiet enough to be her first target.  Over the years, she had learned to point out the biggest player of the school and played him.  It sent off the message that she wanted, that she was the boss.  Granted, the last school hadn't worked out that way.

 

Hae sat down in the seat next to Jonghyun and helped him with his stuff.  Everything was going the way that she wanted.  When they would "accidently" touch, they would linger for a few seconds too long.  Hae smiled at her work at the end of the day and waited for Jae at the gates.  Jae had needed to grab something from her locker.  When she finally came out she was holding a duffle bag.  She scratched her head as she got closer, "Sorry Hae, but I forgot that I had somewhere to go.  I'll see you at home."  Hae frowned as she watched her twin run down the street.  She turned to her driver, "Do you know what Jae is up to?"  He shook his head in return and opened the door for Hae to step in.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

My spell check is still being silly!!

So here is how I imagine their schedules... (P.s. I understand that they are weird subjects)

Jae:

1. Math, 2. Music, 3. Chemistry, 4. English, 5. History, 6. Gym

Hae:

1. Math, 2. English, 3. History, 4. Chemistry, 5. Music, 6. Gym

Onew:

1. Math, 2. Gym, 3. Chemistry, 4. Music, 5. English, 6. History

Key:

1. Math, 2. Music, 3. History, 4. English, 5. Chemistry, 6. Gym

Taemin:

1. Math, 2. Music, 3. History, 4. English, 5. Chemistry, 6. Gym

Minho:

1. Math, 2. English, 3. Chemistry, 4. Gym, 5. Music, 6. History

Jonghyun:

1. Math, 2. English, 3. Chemistry, 4. History, 5. Music, 6. Gym