Welcome to SM High

Fire and Ice

It was the first day of school for the Jang sisters after getting back from London.  It was already three weeks into the new year and the girls were nervous.  Hae ran around the house like a mad woman trying to find the perfect outfit.  While she was curling her hair, her twin sister Jae was laying on her bed with her headphones on.  She drummed in the air to the beat.  Hae sighed and threw a brush at her.  "What was that for?"  Jae asked as she pulled of her headphones.  Hae rolled her eyes, "Are you even going to dress up a little bit?  It is our first day, don't you want to leave a good impression?"  Jae shrugged, "I really don't see the point in it."  The brunette sat down in front of her sister, "At least let me do your makeup."  Jae sighed and gave in.

 

Soon the girls were walking out to the car.  Their driver opened the door and they slipped into the back.  All the way to the school Hae talked about how excited she was to meet everyone there and that she hoped that there were cute guys there.  Jae just nodded at appropriate times and semi-tuned her sister out.  As they pulled up in front of SM High, Hae shut up and started fixing her hair and makeup in her pocket mirror.  Jae rolled her eyes and stepped out of the car.  She smiled to their driver in thanks, before turning back to the school and following her sister into the building.  She could feel the eyes on them and pulled her headphones up.  She left them on until they entered the office.  The two girls were greeted by the principal and given the handbook.  After they had their schedules the principal called in a boy to show them to their class.  "Hi, my name is Onew."  The boy said quietly.  He had straight brown hair and Hae was quickly introducing them.  "Hello, my name is Jang Hae Byeol and this my twin sister Jae Byeol."  She said confidently, oozing her charms.  Jae had to try hard not to cringe and nodded politely to Onew.  He guided them to class 2-A.

 

They stepped in and Onew cleared his throat.  The class quieted.  "Today we have two new students.  Jang Hae Byeol and her twin sister Jae Byeol.  Please treat them nicely."  He announced.  Jae could once again feel the eyes on them and wished she could just go sit down.  A few hands went up in the air.  Onew pointed to one of the boys in the center of the room, "Jonghyun."  The boys smiled, "Where were you guys before this?"  Hae smirked back, "We were in London for some stuff for our parent's company."  Another boy's hand shot up and Onew pointed, "Taemin."  "What is your parent's company?"  He asked.  Hae answered, "The Jang group.  We do hospitals and spas and all sorts of stuff."  Eyes widened and Hae basked in the attention.  Jae sighed and stared out the window.   She was happy that Hae loved to talk, because she hated doing introductions.  After a couple more questions they were pointed towards their seats.  Hae's was in the middle of the class, while Jae's was towards the back of the class next to a window.

 

The teacher finally stepped in.  "We're having a test today.  Do as much of it as you can.  The last question is a bonus question if you get it wrong it won't count towards your grade."  The class groaned as she passed out the papers.  She stopped at both of the Jang sisters and told them to do their best, and that their grade wouldn't be as strict.  Jae took the sheet and quickly did all of the math problems.  She was done in about ten minutes and didn't want to bring attention to herself, so she doodled on the back of the page.  After a few people had gone up and turned theirs in she quietly made her way to give her paper to the teacher.  She started to walk back, but then turned to the teacher, "Um, is music allowed in here?"  She nodded in response and introduced herself and Mrs. Lee.  Jae went back to her seat and glanced up to see a couple people looking at her.  One of which was her sister.  Hae was irritated that Jae was already done.  It didn't surprise her, in fact she should be used to her genius sister, but really it annoyed her that Jae was good in as much as she was.

 

After the bell rang they had a quick passing time.  Hae followed Jonghyun and one of his friends to her next class.  Jae frowned down at her schedule, not knowing where she was supposed to go.  Suddenly Onew was in front of her and held the piece of paper in his hands.  He called to a couple of the boys before they could get out of the room.  Jae glanced over at them.  One was the Taemin kid that had asked a question earlier and the other had feline like eyes.  Onew motioned to them, "This is Taemin and Key, they have the next class with you."  She nodded and followed them out the door.  Curiously, she looked around the halls and took everything in.  Key spoke, "So, what do you think so far?"  Jae shrugged and watched a group of guys stare down a hallway.  She glanced down it to find her sister laughing with the guys that she had left with.  "That is Jonghyun and Minho with your sister.  She should be alright for today, I don't think either of those players are low enough to make a move on her first day."  Jae sighed and thought, 'It's not her I'm worried about, it's them.'  "You don't talk much do you?"  Key asked as they neared their classroom.  She shook her head and he asked, "Why?"  Jae shrugged, "Idle chat is pointless."  He in a stream of air, "Ouch."

 

As they went through the classes, Jae and Hae only had two of the six classes together.  Math and gym.  Hae had four with Jonghyun, three with Minho, Taemin and Key, and one with Onew.  Jae had three classes with Jonghyun and Onew, four with Taemin and Key, and two with Minho.

 

After school Jae and Hae went back to the car.  Hae was telling Jae about how SHINee was going to be her next targets.  Jae was tired of listening to her and told their driver that she was going to walk home.  She waved as they pulled away before turning and walking the opposite direction from their house.  She had other things to do, none of which involved her sister's silly love games.

 

At the same time, Hae was watching out the back of the car window.  She saw as her twin turned away and started down the street.  Honestly, she was curious as to where her sister always disappeared to, but knew that it was none of her business.  She glanced down at her phone and smiled at the message from Jonghyun.  They had exchanged numbers during their second period English class.  They had used the excuse that it was for studying, but they both knew that that wasn't the case.  She sent a quick reply back and then glanced in the mirror.  Everything was perfect, just the way she liked it.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

So here is the first Chapter of Fire and Ice.  I am sorry if there are any spelling mistakes but my spell check is being wierd and not wanting to work right!