Intervention

Fire and Ice

Jae walked into the house with Hyung following her.  She was laughing and jumping around excitedly.  Hae cleared , "Welcome back."  Jae awkwardly turned around to find Hae standing there with SHINee in the livingroom behind her.  She blushed, "Hi.  I am going up to my room, I'll see you guys tomorrow."  She started to push past Hae, but her twin grabbed a hold of her shirt collar and flopped her onto a chair.  Hyung raised an eye brow, "If you guys are going to go at it now at least argue in your room."  Hae turned around and shot a glare at her brother, "You have no room to talk.  You guys are all keeping secrets from me and I can't stand it."  Hyung stiffened and turned back to the front door, "Well I have to go.  Tell mom and dad I won't be back until late."

 

Hae turned back to Jae after the door closed behind their brother.  "So you want to tell me what's going on?"  She said as she sat down.  Jae shook her head, "I don't need an intervention from you.  I am not doing drugs, I'm not sleeping around, I don't have a secret boyfriend.  You shouldn't be worried."  She stood up and walked towards the stairs.  Onew caught her wrist as she walked past.  Jae glanced down at him, "She's just worried about you."  Jae shrugged her arm out of her grip, "Well maybe my business is my business and I don't need her snooping in it, nevertheless the 'in' crowd from school knowing.  Now if you'll let me be, I have stuff to work on."  She turned and headed up the stairs, leaving the group to watch after her.

 

Jonghyun whistled, "Does she always act like that?"  Hae shrugged, "More or less.  But I guess I should trust her."  "Why?"  Minho asked.  The girl sighed, "The last time she did this this bad, I pushed it until she told me that our best friend from when we were kids had tried to commit suicide and was in the hospital.  I was irritated that she didn't tell me, but after I saw him in the hospital I understood why.  His face was scarred so badly from burn marks that I puked."  The guys' eyes widened.  Taemin bit his lip, "I'm sorry."  Hae shook her head, "It's ok.  I wasn't as close to him as Jae was.  Afterward a lot of stuff happened, but that is her story to tell."  Key stood, "Well I am going to go talk to her."

 

Key found Jae laying on her back in the middle of a room that had nothing in it except a grand piano.  His footsteps clicked against the hard wood floor and the girl peered up at him.  He ignored her groan of protest and sat down.  "You okay?"  He asked, watching her lean figure rise and fall with her breathing.  Jae laughed, "Perfectly fine.  Actually I was in a better mood today than I had been in a long time.  It only makes sense for Hae to do something so completely stupid today.  She has a knack for that."  Key leaned forward and rested his head on his knees, "What did she do before?"  Jae shook her head, "I don't talk about people behind their backs.  That's how you get messed up."  He raised an eye brow, "Messed up?"  Jae nodded, "Yeah, I used to do the normal girl thing.  Get dressed up and pay attention to what guys thought about me, but it ended up hurting one of my best friends really bad.  After that I spend a lot of time with therapists that didn't understand.  So I talked to my best friend about what he did and how it affected me, that helped more than any shrink."  

 

Key reached over and ruffled her hair.  Jae glared up at him, "What was that for?"  He smirked, "You were getting too serious."  She chuckled, "Would you much rather me be silly.  I can dish out ty jokes like it's my job, but you can't tell anybody."  Key raised an eyebrow, "Prove it.  I don't think you have a funny bone in your body."  Jae lifted up her arm and pointed to her elbow, "It is right here and there is nothing funny about it.  You hit it up against stuff and just feel like crying afterwards.  Such a stupid name, but I understand it when I'm on the floor half crying half laughing."  Key rolled his eyes, "If that's you're idea of funny then you really are going to have to work on it."  

 

She smirked, "Alright, but I'll forewarn you that they are the worst jokes you will ever hear."  He shrugged and Jae thought for a second, "How do you kill a frog?"  Key thought for a minute, "Um, you stick flies to sticky paper so their tounges will get stuck and they can't eat."  Jae stared at him for a second with a blank expression, "You don't.  They Kermit suicide."  Key snickered, "What kind of computer sings?"  Jae laughed before singing, "We could've had it all, rolling in the deep."  His mouth dropped, "I was not expecting you to know who that was."  The girl raised her eye brows, "I practically live with my head phones on why would I not know who Adele is?"  Key shrugged, "You just don't strike me as the Adele listening to type."  Jae nodded, "Yeah, that's Hae's music, it's in my stuff for kicks and giggles.  I'm more of a My Chemical Romance, Radiohead, Boys Like Girls, All Time Low, Bring Me The Hoizon, with dashes of our own pop industry kind of girl."  Key awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "I don't know what any of those are."  

 

Jae's jaw dropped and she yanked him off the floor, "Than I cannot associate with you.  Get out."  She led him to the door of the room with him struggling behind her.  "Wait, Jae, no." he said, trying to free his wrist from her.  She turned and smiled at him, "No really you need to get out.  I have some stuff that I need to do.  So you're gonna have to go.  Willingly or not."Key nodded, "Alright, either way we were here to attempt to help your sister with her math."  Jae rolled her eyes, "Make she she has a reason to be getting things right, if not then she'll just goof off.  I finally had to threaten her with days of chores the last time that I tried to help her with her studies, and now she doesn't ask for my help."  Key laughed, "Yeah, she told us about that.  Two months right?"  The girl smiled and stretched, "And what a relaxing two months they were."

 

Jae led the boy back down to the living room, where everyone was still working.  Hae glanced up at the two, "You guys talked for a while."  Jae rolled her eyes and then winked at Key, "There wasn't so much talk as there was action."  Key held in his laugh and played along.  He s an arm around her waist, slightly surprised about how thin she was and how nicely she fit in his embrace.  He leaned over and placed his lips right next to her ear, "You are going to get me in trouble."  His breath tickled her ear, making her blush.  Jae smirked and bit her lip, "Oh, but you like the danger."

 

"He better not like the danger."  Hyung yelled as he walked in the front door.  Jae started laughing, "What happened to the whole not coming home til late?"  He pointed at her and Key, "Obviously this."  The girl rolled her eyes and slid out of Key's arms and waved as she walked out the door, "I am going to the corner store.  Does anybody want anything?"  "You're a little late for condoms if that was what you were going for."  He yelled after her.  jae popped her head back in and stuck her tounge out, "I may need them later."  She smirked and left.  

 

Hyung turned to Key, "Did you guys really or is she finally in a good mood?"  Key sank down in a chair and corrected a couple numbers on Taemin's paper, "She's in a good mood."  Hyung sighed, "Oh good.  I never know what she's going to do when she's upset anymore."  The other's guys awkwardly sat there, not entirely sure what was going on.  Taemin had been mindlessly writing answers on his sheet the whole time that Key had been gone, worrying about what was going on between them.  Onew was sitting strangely still lost in thoughts of what secrets he was going to be excluded from.  Jonghyun and Minho were trying to get hae to focus on her work, but were failing at it.  Hae had been goofing off, trying to take everyone's minds off of Jae.  Hyung sighed, "Well I think that's enough studying here for tonight.  If you see Jae on your way out, please send her back home."  They nodded and started packing up.  Hae smiled, "Well thanks for helping me, I'll see you guys tomorrow."