An Unbreakable Bond

Fire and Ice

Hae laid in her bed thinking about what had been going on around her.  Jae and Hyung wouldn't tell her something and it seemed that a few of the guys were getting close to her sister.  Really, the only thing that she felt like she had going for her was that Jonghyun was playing right into her hands.  Hae knew for a fact that one of the reasons that Jae was mad at her had to do with him, but she couldn't help it.  It was like Hae's defense against the perfection that was her sister.  Jae had always been better at everyting, but refused to interact with people.  So that's what hae did.  She worked hard to make herself what she was now.  But, she had this sinking feeling that the guys were just the medicine that Jae needed to pull her out of her box.  Hae wasn't sure if she coud handle returning to the limelight.

 

Finally groaning, Hae rolled over and let her thoughts slip away as sleep took over her.

 

The next morning Hae crawled out of bed and towards the shower.  After coming out she stared at her body in the mirror, letting her hair fall into her face.  She sighed and wrapped her towel around her then walked into her and Jae's room.  She tugged on a pair of shorts and a tank top before throwing a pillow at her sister, "Jae it's time to get up."  Jae grumbled a reply into her pillow before standing up and stumbling into the bathroom.  Hae walked downstairs and made herself a bowl of cereal.  She nervously looked around before pulling out the business card that she had picked up the other day.  On it was writen the number for the doctor's office that she was going to today and the address.  She pulled out her phone and sent a quick text.  Hae bit her lip and went back to do her make up.

 

Jae came out of a bathroom wearing a long sleave plaid shirt with a black band shirt underneath and a pair of skinny jeans.  She was running a towel through her hair when she spoke, "I'm going down to eat, are you coming to." "No, I already had a bowl of cereal."  Hae said as she put on her eye shadow.  Jae glanced down at the ground and nodded, "Alright."  She bounced down stairs and glanced over at the drying rack before pulling out a bowl for herself.  She glanced over at the box of cereal the was sitting on the counter and picked it up, reading over the nutrion facts.  When she got the calories and set the box down.  Making her way to the fridge she pulled out a few stalks of celery and then went back up stairs.

 

Jae sat down on her bed and munched on the veggitable while Hae curled her hair.  Hae turned to her, "Can I have one of those?"  Jae shrugged and handed one over.  She sat there for a while before picking up her backpack, "Well I think that I am going to walk to school.  I'll see you there."  Hae quickly turned and grabbed a hold of her wrist.  Confused, Jae turned around and looked at her sister's tearful eyes, "Hae, what's the matter?"  The girl choked back sobs and just squeezed tighter.  Jae got down on her knees and rested her chin on Hae's lap, "Hae, it's alright.  I'm here.  And if you don't stop crying you are going to ruin that pretty makeup of yours."  Hae sniffled one more time before letting out a shakey breath, "Jae, if I were to do something completely stupid, would you still be there for me?"  Jae chuckled, "If I were going to leave you for something stupid, I would have done it long ago.  But, you're my sister, I'll always be here and I'll always love you no matter what."  She reached up and her sister's cheek.  Hae leaned into the contact, "I'm not going to school today, could you take notes for me."  Jae nodded, "Yep, I'll even teach it to you free of charge."  Hae laughed and started wiping at her eyes, "Ok.  Can you wait for me to clean up a bit and I'll walk with you for a bit."  Jae sighed, "I guess, as long as you work your magic quickly."

 

The twin's walk together was quiet different from normal.  Jae didn't put on her headphones until Hae parted from her.  She got this snking feeling that if she did that Hae would disappear into thin air.  Just the way that she had been acting all morning had the girl worried, but she promised that she would be there for her through thick and thin.

 

Key waved at Jae as she walked into class before giving her a weird look.  She ignored it and sat down.  Jae caught the sight of someone sitting next to her out of the side of her vision.  They pulled her headphones off and she turned to glare at them.  Jonghyun sat there with them in his hand, staring hard at her, "Where is Hae?"  Jae snatched them back, "None of your business."  The boy blew out a stream of air, "Seriously, why must you be a ?"  Jae leaned back, "How am I being a ?"  "You must hate your sister so much to talk to your sister the way you did last night.  And now, you won't tell the people who care about her where she is!"  He yelled silencing the whole room.  Jae swallowed hard before saying, quietly but firmly, "No.  My sister pisses me off to the end of the world and I don't trust her with certain things, but that does not mean that I don't love her.  It means that weew sisters and I will talk to her about those things that I don't trust her with nw, when I get them figured out.  So until then you can keep your nose in your own business.

 

The rest of the guys had walked over and were sitting between the two and the rest of the class.  Key rested a hand on the girl's shoulder, "Is this that whole not wanting to talk about people behind their backs thing?"  She turned and batted him away from her, "No, if that had been the case I would have just lied and said that she was sick.  This is me being entirely afraid for my sister, because I don't know what she got caught up in."  She stood up angrily and walked out of the class room.

 

Jae sat down in the front lawn of the school and watched the street.  She pulled the headphones of her head and threw them and her ipod a little ways away from her.  Sighing, she slipped out her notebook and started writing lyrics.