Secret Problems

Fire and Ice

Jonghyun felt bad for upsetting Jae, so at lunch he grabbed an extra coke and kit kat before searching for the girl.  He found her on the lawn scribbling in a notebook.  Walking over, Jonghyun noticed the headphones and ipod sitting on the ground.  He raised an eyebrow and cautiously sat down next to her.  Jae jumped a bit and quickly flipped the notebook closed.  She glanced over at Jonghyun and rolled her eyes, "What do you want?"  He offered up the coke and kit kat, "I'm sorry about earlier."  Jae looked over the food before talking it out of his hands and setting it by her feet, "Thanks.  Sorry for snapping at you."  He nodded in response and popped open his drink.

 

Key walked up behind them, "It's good to see you two getting along."  Jonghyun wrinkled his eyebrows, "Why wouldn't we be getting along?"  Key shrugged as he sat down on the other side of Jae, "Well after the scene you made, I wasn't sure what was going happen."  "This ain't a scene it's a god damn arms race."  Jae sang while crawling over Key's legs to grab her ipod.  The boys stared at her with confusion writen on their faces.  She glanced back and forth between them, "Come on.  It's Fall Out Boy.  It's not like it's some weird undergroud metal band."  Key shook his head, "Not ringing any bells."  Jae stood up, "Well I am over school today, I'll see you guys tomorrow."  Jonghyun picked up her coke and candy, "Hey you forgot this."  Jae walked backwards while telling him, "It's all yours bud.  I had a big breakfast."  The boy nodded and Jae turned towards the front gates.

 

"Jung Jae Byeol!"  A voice called from behind her.  Jae turned around with an awkward grin, "Yes?"  Taemin was standing there staing at her, taking in every aspect.  Jae crossed her arms across her stomach and bit her lip, "Can I help you?"  He stopped examining her and  jogged up to her, "Hae said something about you guys used to dance."  She nodded, "Yeah, we did ballet when we were like seven."  Taemin slid his hands in his pockets, "I dance too.  In fact the company I dance for was holding an audition for someone to be my duet partner."  "Cool."  Jae said and started to turn back towards the gate.  He grabbed her wrist, and she quickly yanked it away, pulling it up to her chest.  Taemin put his hands in the air, "Sorry, i was just wondering if you still danced."  Jae raised an eyebrow, "Why?"  "Well they told me that they found someone, so I went into the company and saw the recording of the girl.  She looked like you and had the same name.  I was thinking that it might be you."  He said timidly, not sure what he had done to upset her.  

 

Jae shook her head, "You can't tell Hae.  She doesn't know that I've still been dancing.  She doesn't know that I even thought about dancing since we were nine.  I can't have her find out now."  Taemin knitted his eyebrows, "Why wouldn't Hae have known for that long.  Does she hate dancing or something?"  The girl shook her head, "No it's nothing about Hae, it's just her being an overprotective sister.  Please don't tell her."  She reached out and clutched his hand.  She held it, staring into his eyes until he nodded.  Sighing she whispered, "Thanks.  I guess I'll see you whenever."

 

Jae practically ran home.  She felt bad about not getting the notes for the day for Hae, but she felt worse about not telling her about the dancing.  Most everyone that she had been close to knew that Jae and dancing was a tabboo subject around Hae, so having to tell someone to keep it a secret bothered her.  She felt itchy, knowing that she was doing something wrong, but dancing was what stopped the other itches.

 

Jae opened the door to the sound of a crash coming from the kitchen.  Her eyes widened and she picked up an umbrella from the stand inside the door.  Cautiously, she tip toed towards the room, holding the umbrella like a bat.  A man walked out of the kitchen with a spatula in hand, his grip the same as her's.  Screaming, Jae swung and hit him in the gut.  Before hitting him again, she stopped and looked closer.  "Tony?"  She asked, poking him with the end of the umbrella.  He groaned in English, "No sherlock."  Jae dropped the thing to the ground jumping into a hug, "Why are you here?  Aren't you supposed to still be in London?"  Tony peeled the girl off of her, "I had some business here.  Thank you for not killing me though."  The girl's mind finally catching up with her, she stopped and looked him in the eyes, "Are you the reason Hae stayed home?  Speaking of the devil where is she?"

 

Tony looked down at his feet and shuffled awkwardly, "She's in your guys' room sleeping."  Jae eyed him, "Why?"  "Because she's not feeling good."  He said before making his way back into the kitchen to clean up the shattered cup of tea.  Jae crossed her arms and leaned up against the wall, "What did you guys do?"  Tony ignored her and slipped the broken pieces into the trash can.  She walked over and grabbed his hands, stopping him and waited for him to look at her.  "Why is Hae not feling good and does it have anything to do with why she was crying this morning?"  She whispered.  When he refused to answer her she pushed him to the ground.  

 

Jae sat down against the counter, "Does this have to do with her being pregnant?"  Tony's eyes widened, "How did you know?"  She raised an eyebrow, "We're on the same period cycle, so when all that was ever was in the trash was mine, I was worried.  We had tests in the drawer and one went missing about two days after she should have started.  After that there was a night were she got a call, apparently from you, and went to the bathroom.  I could here her crying through the wall."  Tony hung his head, "You sould go talk to her.  I wasn't able to help as much as I had wanted to today."  She nodded and got up, "Did you at least use a ?"  "Yeah, it broke sometime durring it so.  I'm sorry.  I really didn't mean to."  Jae sighed, refusing to look at him, "Well knowing that you tried to use one makes me want to kill you less."

 

Hae groaned when Jae walked into the room.  Her back was facing the door and she grumbled, "Tony, didn't I tell you to let me sleep."  Jae ignored her and sat down at the end of her bed.  At the feeling of the bed sinking, Hae rolled over.  She sat up quickly, eyes locked on her sister, "Jae, what are you doing back.  School isn't over yet."  Jae shook her head, "Some stuff happened.  I am sorry I didn't get any notes for you."

 

Hae's breath was shaking as she buried  her face in the crook of her sister's neck.  She bagan sobbing, clinging to Jae's sleeve.  Jae smoothed the girl's hair out and hushed her.  When Hae gathered enough of herself she whispered, head still in Jae's neck, "I had an abortion."  Jae turned and hugged her, "Hae, it'll be alright.  I'm here."  They sat there in eachother's arms for a while before Hae pulled away.  "I am seventeen Jae.  I couldn't handle a kid.  I'm still a kid myself."  Jae squeezed her sister's hand, "It's okay.  You don't have to justify it to me.  I understand."  Hae watched a bird fly outside their window, "But I still don't know if I did the right thing."