Krystal's story

Monster

 

Amber POV

                “Let’s go inside first though.” I said picking Krystal up in my arms bridal style. I opened the apartment and put her down on the couch. I never wanted to let her go again. Once I closed and locked the door I walked over to Krys and kissed her passionately. I held her waist close to me and closed all the space between us. I couldn’t take it anymore I picked her up again and carried her to my bed. Once we parted gasping for air, I held her against my chest. I love Krys more than anything. I kissed her forehead while Krys started her story.

Krystal POV

                “My story isn’t really a happy one. I don’t know where or when I was born. I don’t know if I have parents let alone who they are where they are or if they are dead. Guardians are different from the other Angels. The angels that stay in our world are normal people they just have huge white wings that glow gold in the sun. Guardians are bred to protect humans. The other angels don’t care about us because in their eyes we don’t do anything for the society. We were raised with the idea we had to be strong, and we did have to be. My teachers didn’t care about me. They just taught me and expected me to push to be the best, and I did. I worked my hardest and became the top student in all my classes. I was a mindless puppet just going along with what they wanted me to do. I was 10 when I met Jessica-unnie. She was only about 5 years older than me. People made fun of us because we looked alike. At first our relationship to me was a competition. I wanted to be better than her. She cared about me. She loved me like a sister. She stuck up for me when people would bully me. She was my motivation. Then when Jess turned 18 she was given her first human to protect. She refused to leave without me. She knew once she was matched with someone they couldn’t give the human to another guardian to protect. So I went with her. Officially I was her apprentice. Since I was the top of my class they let me go. I loved living here in Seoul. I loved being with Jessica and her human. Jessica fell in love with her human. I guess we are alike. ”I said smiling. “Anyway after that Jessica-unnie and her human decided to move to the US and I decided it was time to get a human of my own to protect. I wanted to be a guardian. So I returned to our world by myself. I went through a year of testing and came out as a high guardian. Being a high guardian means that I’m stronger than most of our kind. They paired me up with you. I researched you. I wanted to know you and be with you. I guess I had an instant draw to you from the beginning. I created a person. I created Krystal Jung. I gave her a name a life and a story. A happy one like the one I always wanted. Once I got here I fell in love with you. And that is where my real story began.” I said looking up at Amber.

                “Why me? How did they pair you with me?” she asked.

                “I don’t know, but I think it was fate Am.”I said kissing her soft cheek.

                “Tell me about the demons.” She said. I stopped and sighed.

                “They are monsters. They were angels, normal ones with white wings who fell. They killed in our world so they were punished by being sent here to your world. They hate us. They hate the guardians because they still think they are better than us. So to get back at us and all the angels they kill our humans. They only kill humans who have guardians. They think it’s funny to watch us become lifeless with nothing to live for.” I said clenching my hands into fists.

                “Why don’t the angels just pair up with a new human?” Amber said sadly.

                “We pair for life. Or life times. When you are reborn I will be your protector. Through all your life times I will be here by your side. If anything happened to you Amber I don’t know what I would do. I wouldn’t be able to move on. I would have to wait thousands of years until you’re reborn. “I said snuggling into her arms. Amber held me closer.

                “I love you Krys. Please, I know it’s your job but don’t get hurt protecting me.”

                “I’m your guardian. I can handle anything. I said reassuring her.

                “I just don’t want you to get hurt Krys.” She said holding me tighter. I just nodded.

                “Look Am. I am a high guardian I can handle more than a couple demons.” I said.

                “I’m still worried about you Krys.” Amber said.

Amber POV

                I didn’t want her to put herself in danger for me. I wanted to be able to protect Krys and make sure no one could hurt her.

                “So you didn’t have any friends growing up?” I asked changing the subject.

                “I had one friend. But I haven’t seen her in years. And I have Jessica and Sunny-unnie but that’s about it. Even though I didn’t have anyone it was ok because I didn’t have anyone to lose.” Krystal answered. I thought of my parents.

                “It’s better to be loved and to lose it than to not have had it at all.” I said.

                “Yeah I don’t know what I would do if I never had Jessica-unnie. I probably would be a mindless puppet trying to protect you from afar with no emotions at all. I love you Amber.” Krys said looking up at me.

                “Yeah. Even though when I lost my parents it hurt more than anything I could ever imagine I would have rather had them and lost them then to never have had her love.” I explained.

                “I love you Amber it’s time to sleep. We will talk tomorrow okay?” Krystal said kissing me.

                “I love you too Krystal. Goodnight.” I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep in Krystal’s arms.

Krystal POV

                After we were done talking amber fell asleep in my arms. She was so peaceful looking. Without caring about anything in the world. I knew I needed a safe place for her. There would soon be demons all over the city. Hyuna was said to be a powerful demon with hundreds of followers. They would be looking for her now. I decided to go back to school and picked up my job at the coffee shop again. I needed to be with her at all times.

                I decided I needed to teach Amber how to fight. I decided to teach her the thing I am best at. Using a sword. I was glad I had my extras with me. The two swords that I use are like Japanese Samurai swords but one was shorter than the other. I had three extra ones with me. In was the one Jessica gave me when she heard I was a high guardian, the other who were smaller and easy to carry. One of the small swords would be perfect for her. Once Amber woke up I told her about it. She was very happy that I wanted to teach her. I first started her off with a wooden replica of her actual sword. I taught her different techniques and stances. Most importantly I taught her how to block. At the end of a few weeks Amber was almost as good as me. I made her carry it with her everywhere and I hoped that she would never have to use it.

                At the coffee shop things turned back to normal. Sunny was starting to like Amber more and stopped picking on her all the time. It was nice, it was like we were a family Sunny, Luna, Onew, Sulli, Amber and I. I was happy to be close to the people I cared about. One day as Amber and I were walking home Taemin ran up to us and stopped us. Minho followed close behind.

                “They are here. All over the city.” Taemin said out of breath.

                “How many have you had to kill?” I asked. No. not again.

                “Only five but I have injured more.”

                “Did you burn the bodies?”

                “Yes. But there are too many of them now to kill them all by ourselves.”

                “We need to stick together.”

                “I have a safe place where we can all go.” Taemin said.

                “I will meet you there.”  I said once Taemin told me where to go. We split up. Amber and I rushed to her apartment to pack.

                “Baby where are we going?” Amber asked.

                “A place where you will be safe while the guardians kill the demons to make it safe for you.” I said kissing her softly.

                “Will Jjong be safe? My friends?” Amber asked worried.

                “You can bring them. If you want to baby.” I said. She smiled as she grabbed her phone.

Amber POV

                YES! I finally get to introduce Krys to Jjong. Hopefully I can introduce her as my girlfriend.