Breaking out

Monster

 

Amber POV

                Jessica and I anxiously waited for the demon to return. We waited for what felt like days until she finally showed up. She brought our food in like normal and looked around to see if any guards were coming. Once she was sure they weren’t she talked to us. Her name was Victoria. She was taken from her home as a child from the outer parts of the Angelic world. Her whole family was killed in front of her and she was taken by one of Hyuna’s followers. She had been trying to escape ever since. As proof she showed us the scars that covered her back.

                “It’s ok they don’t hurt anymore. I tried to run away and they didn’t take that too well.” She said smiling sadly. I felt bad for her not having any friends or anyone to talk with. Jessica took pity on her as well. She wasn’t really a demon she was raised without any love or friendship from anyone. No one deserved what Victoria went through.

                “I don’t care if you don’t trust me but I just need to get out of this place. Please. I have no one else to turn to.” Victoria pleaded. We already knew we had to take her. They only reason we were treated nicer was because the demons knew Jessica could kill them in a heartbeat. Victoria was defenseless with no one to protect her or even to care.

                The days weren’t so bad anymore now that Vic and I were friends. She came by every now and then just to talk. Even though Jessica was nice she didn’t like to talk all the time and talking was the one thing that took my mind off of how much I missed Krys. One night when Jessica was resting Vic was telling me about life before Hyuna’s demons. She had a family who loved and cared for her. She even had a boyfriend who she thought was going to be there for her until the day they died. Hyuna changed all that. She had the whole family slaughtered right in front of Vic when she was only 13 years old.

                “I hate what they do to people. Innocent people suffer for their selfishness. I hate the sound of an Angel’s last cry. One time there was this guardian and instead of killing the angel they killed his human. I’ll never forget the sounds of his cries once her head hit the floor. I wanted to help him escape but it was already too late when I opened his cell the next morning he was dead.” Victoria said. All I could do was nod at the horrifying story. All I could think about was Krystal and how she was holding up. If she was looking for me.

                When Victoria wasn’t here to take my mind off the pain all I could do was say her name and hope that somehow she would hear me in this hellhole. One day I couldn’t stand it I said her name out loud. Loud enough for Jessica to hear. Loud enough for Victoria to hear. Vic and Jessica tried to comfort me but nothing worked. Suddenly the door swung open. We all froze. Jessica moved in front of Vic and me taking a protective stance.

                “Sica?”

Krystal POV

                I heard her. I heard her voice. The faintest little cry for help escaped through the metal door. I broke the lock and opened the door forgetting about Yuri for the moment.  I looked into the room seeing Amber behind a guardian. I gasped.

                “Sica?”

                “Krys!!” Sica shouted as she ran and hugged me. I smiled. I was happy Amber had someone to protect her. I looked over at her and saw the demon next to her. No. I threw myself in front of Amber escaping Sica’s embrace. I flung the demon away from Amber and drew my swords. I was about to kill her before Amber’s voice stopped me.

                “NO! Krys! Don’t kill her!” Amber pleaded as she stood in front of the monster protecting her from me. I felt my heart tighten. They took her away from me. They took her to this hole and now she wants to protect them. I couldn’t speak. I glared at the demon and watched her cower away from me. Sica pulled me aside as Amber comforted the demon. Sica explained to me why Amber cared for her. I didn’t care about any stories. All I could see was Amber with another. I had it. She was mine. I didn’t care who Victoria was. Amber was still mine.

                I walked over to the two of them and held Amber close and kissed her. I could feel her face grow hotter as I deepened the kiss. When I finally pulled away she was blushing looking back at me. I sighed. I knew I was jealous and that was it. I knew she loved me and was happy to see me. She was alive at least. She was safe now. But now wasn’t the time for anyone to make a big deal. Yuri was waiting for us. I quickly handed Amber one of my extra swords. She took it out and held it close. I pulled a dagger from my hidden hip pocket and handed it to Victoria.

                “Sica, we have to get out of here now.” I said to my older sister firmly.

                “No, you go. I can’t leave yet. Not without her.” Sica said shaking. I knew how much my sister loved Yuri.

                “I know where she is Sica. They put me in the same cell as her when I was captured.” I said putting my hand on Sica’s shoulder. Sica looked up and me and took one of my swords out of my hand. I grabbed Amber’s hand and pulled her to my side.

                “Stay by me.” I said holding her one last time before we ran out the door. I wouldn’t lose her. Not again.

Amber POV

                I felt how Krys moved around me as we ran out of the cell. I felt so numb like I was on a high from having Krys by my side again. I looked back at Vic to make sure she was with me. She looked so scared. I held Vic’s hand and pulled her with us as we ran down the hallways. Once we were at the main entrance we split up. Sica rushed down the hallway and I was about to follow her.

                “It’s ok Am. Sica is going to get Yuri back.” Krystal said calming me down. The three of us made our way outside. We stayed close to the entrance so we would be ready for Jessica when she and Yuri came back. Demons poured out of the entrance and Krystal smiled. She slaughtered them all. I took a protective stance in front of Vic. Krys killed most of the demons and only let one get close enough for me to kill. She looked tired but she kept fighting. At that moment we heard an explosion coming from the center of the hidden city. We saw Jessica and Yuri flying our way. Krys smiled seeing her older sister. She ran to me and lifted me into the air. I grabbed Vic’s hand taking her with us away from demons that lay dead on the floor.

Krystal POV

                As soon as I saw Sica and Yuri I took off with Amber and Victoria. I didn’t look back at the scattered bodies I left to rot. I hated to kill. Even if they were monsters, but I knew it was our lives or theirs. Amber’s life or theirs. Sica followed me as I lead us all back to the safe house where everyone was waiting. I landed in the backyard and let Amber’s waist go. I stumbled back a little and held my side as I felt pain shoot through my body. Dammit. I wasn’t used to fighting with one sword. I quickly walked to my room hopefully going unnoticed. I closed the door and lifted my shirt only to see my read blood slowly ooze from a deep cut at my side. Damn. I went to the bathroom and took off my shirt. I took out a needle and some thread. I ripped a piece of cloth from my bloody shirt and put it in my mouth. I bit down hard as I began to sew the wound up. I bit harder and harder trying not to scream. I was finally done and I started to bandage the stiches up. Just as I was about to finish Amber bursted into the bathroom we shared with a look of panic on her face.

                “Krys what’s wrong? Are you hurt?!” Amber shouted as she ran over to me looking at my battle wound.

                “Don’t worry about me Am. I’ll be ok” I said as I finished wrapping my side. It hurt so much but I had to be strong. I had to be strong for her.

Amber POV

                Once Krys put us down I let go of Vic and turned to her making sure she was ok. I saw Jjong running to me. He held me as he cried.

                “Damn it Amber. I swear I will kill you if you ever scare me like that again.”

                “Don’t worry Bro. I don’t plan on it” I said patting his back. I introduced everyone to Vic and even Sunny smiled at the new member to our odd family. I hugged Henry as he came out of the house hearing Jjong’s threat.

                “Amber is you hurt?” Henry said with a worried look on his face.           “No I’m perfectly fine.” I said looking at him weirdly.

                “Then why are you bleeding?”

                “What?!” I looked down at my shirt and saw the blood. I lifted it to make sure it wasn’t mine. Krys. I looked around for her and she was nowhere to be seen. I panicked. I ran back to our room and looked for her. She was in the bathroom bandaging her bleeding side.

                “Krys what’s wrong? Are you hurt?!”

                “Don’t worry about me Am. I’ll be ok” she said as she finished bandaging her side. Once she was done I pulled her to my chest and let her just let go.

                “You don’t have to be strong all the time for me Krys.” I said kissing her forehead. “It’s time for me to protect you Krys.” and with that I carried her to the bed and she slowly fell asleep in my arms.