Heart break

Monster

 

Amber POV

                “I’m not human.” Krys said. Not human? She is probably joking.

                “Don’t joke with me Krys.” I said smiling thinking she would laugh because I called her bluff.

                “I’m your Guardian Angel. I know you don’t believe me but I’m here to protect you Am.” Krystal almost whispered to me. Why won’t she just drop it? I know she is joking. There is no way my Krys wasn’t human. Plus even if she wasn’t human she would have told me sooner. I stepped away from Krys out of her reach.

                “Your right Krys I don’t believe you.” I said seriously.

                “I’ll show you then.” Krys said stepping back away from me. I watched as she spread out her wings. They were huge beautiful black wings that surrounded her. I stared in awe. She wasn’t human. My Krys. She lied to me. Did she even have any family? Does she even have a sister? It’s all lies. The Krys I loved and knew wasn’t the real Krystal Jung.

                “Why didn’t you tell me sooner Krys? Why did you lie to me?” I said shaking.

                “I-I.” Krys stuttered.

                “You lied to me Krys. Do you even love me? Or was that all a lie too?” I felt my tears streaming from my eyes. I clenched my fists to my side. I turned and ran. I ran away from the girl I loved and trusted. I loved her with everything I had and she lied to me. Krys soon caught up to me not even breaking a sweat. She grabbed the back of my shirt and spun me around.

                “Amber, please let me explain. Yes I was sent here to protect you but that doesn’t-“

                “LEAVE ME ALONE!” I shouted in her face. I felt regret almost instantly but I kept running. Nothing mattered anymore.

Krystal POV

                I fell to my knees as Amber ran away from me. It hurt so much. I needed her. I love her. I got up and walked to her apartment hoping she would be there. I knocked on the door. No answer. Was she home? She had to be. Did she hate me?

                “Amber, please open the door. Please let me explain.” I said facing the door hoping she was on the other side.

                “Go away Krys.” Amber said just loud enough for me to her through the door. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

                “P-please Amber listen to me.” I stuttered. Her words hurt me more than anything in the world.

                “Why should I Krystal? Just leave.” Amber said coldly. I couldn’t take the pain anymore.

                “I love you Amber. I’ll love you no matter what even if you hate me. I’ll love you forever Amber Liu.” I said knowing she could hear me. I took off. I landed on her roof and decided to be her guardian from afar. Even if she hated me, even if she wanted me dead I don’t care. I would keep her safe no matter what. Not because it’s my job, but because I love her. I would keep her safe.

Amber POV

                A few days after I ran away from Krystal I went back to my life before Krystal came to Korea. I was a loner but I didn’t care. I thought I was used to being alone. Krystal never showed up to classes anymore and I never saw her. I was so lifeless without her. Minho came up to me one day after class.

                “What do you want?” I said trying to walk past him.

                “Where is Krystal?” Minho asked. He probably wanted to ask her out again.

                “Why would I know?” I said starting to get pissed.

                “Because she is your guardian.” I stopped. How did he know?

                “How do you know?” I said.

                “Taemin. He is my guardian.” Of course something else Krystal didn’t tell me.

                “You need to be with her at all times.” Minho said.

                “Why do you care?” I said and walked away. I tried not to think of Krystal. All I could remember was her lying to me. Didn’t she love me? Did she even care? Or was it all an act to get close to me? Krystal didn’t even come by the coffee shop anymore. It was like she disappeared. Even though she lied even if she didn’t love me, I missed her. I missed Krys.

Krystal POV

                I watched her day after day. I made sure she was safe. I watched for demons around her apartment and made sure there were none in her area. I knew she didn’t want to see me. I stayed hidden. I was so lifeless without Amber. It was so hard to do anything anymore. All I could focus on was making sure Amber was safe. I didn’t sleep. I didn’t eat. Sunny-unnie worried about me. I was fine I didn’t need protection I could handle myself. I stopped talking. There was nothing I needed to say to anyone. I couldn’t smile. I didn’t care. As long as Amber was safe I didn’t care about anything else. I missed her. I missed her touch. When she slept at night I would sneak into her room and watched out for her. It was so hard to leave her alone to leave her room every morning, but being close to her was enough for me. I didn’t need her to love me or even like me. All I needed was for her to be happy, and she was happy without me. I thought about Amber all the time. I hope I can keep her safe. I don’t care what happens to me. All that matters is Amber.

Amber POV

                I kept working at the coffee shop. It took my mind of Krystal for a while. I couldn’t be alone in the apartment alone anymore, and I couldn’t go back to the cliff. All I could think of was Krystal. Did she cry when I ran away? Did I hurt her?

                I knew Krys was always watching me. She kept her distance. She probably talked Sunny into letting me keep this job.

                Even though all I could think of was Krystal. I made friends with one of the girls who also worked at the coffee shop. Her name was Sulli. Even though she was cute I couldn’t see her as anything more than a friend. The same went for Sulli. She even started calling me Hyung. It was nice to have someone to talk to. She took my mind of Krystal for a while.

Krystal POV

                I begged Sunny-unnie to let Amber keep her job. Sunny knew how much I cared about her and how much I loved her so she let her. Sunny didn’t really like Amber though. She saw how depressed I was and blamed Amber. It wasn’t Amber’s fault. I should have told her sooner.

                One day Amber took a different route back to her apartment. I was nervous about this. I didn’t know which way she would go or even if she knew where she was going. I lost her for only a moment. I looked everywhere franticly. Then I saw a blur of wings. No.

Amber POV

                I knew she was watching ma. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I needed to get away. I needed to be alone. I ran. I took streets that I never took. I didn’t even know where I was going. I heard a flap of wings. I sighed.

                “Go away Krys.” I sad not looking back.

                “Hmm, must be your guardian. This Krys must be really hurt to leave you all alone.” It wasn’t Krystal’s voice. I turned around and saw this random girl. “I am Hyuna and I will be your killer.” I turned to run. “Don’t run it’s no use.” Hyuna said stepping in front of me. She smiled. She opened her wings. They were white wings that were red with blood. They were broken in three places. They weren’t beautiful like Krystal’s. She took out a sword and came towards me.

                I Love you Krys. I’m sorry. I closed my eyes waiting for pain.

                “AMBER!” Krys?

Krystal POV

                No! I couldn’t let her die. I flew as fast as I could. I landed in front of Amber and drew my swords blocking the demons strike. I threw her backwards and took a defensive stance in front of Amber and snarled.

                “Leave. Her. Alone.” I said sternly glaring at the demon. She laughed.

                “She doesn’t want you here Krys.” I twitched. She knew.

                “She is mine.” I felt Amber behind me and kept her right behind me making sure no one could get to her.

                “Is she? Maybe once I kill you I’ll keep her as a pet. I’ll make her suffer every day until she begs for a slow painful death at my hands.” The demon smiled. I held my two swords up.

                “You won’t get the chance to even touch her.” I snarled.

                “You’re going to protect the girl who rejected you Krys? Who doesn’t love you? Who doesn’t care? She hurt you Krys. Let me have her. Let me make her pay for all the pain she caused you. Let me take your pain away Krys.” The demon said.

Amber POV

                Krys. I wanted to hold her and not let her go again. I could see Krys trembling at Hyuna’s words. Did I hurt Krys that much?

                “I don’t care. I want her to be happy because I love her. I love her enough to let her go. As long as she is happy I don’t care what happens to me. I won’t let you hurt her demon.” Krys said. I couldn’t take it. She loved me and even now she loves me. I wrapped my arms around Kry’s waist.

                “I love you Krys. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. I love you.” I cried. I hurt her. My Krystal. But she still loves me.

                “I love you too Am, don’t leave me again.” She lifted my hand from her waist and kissed it. Hyuna jumped at me. Krys blocked just in time and let out a growl. Hyuna just laughed again. Krys didn’t dare leave my side to fight Hyuna she always fought in a defensive stance around me. Hyuna kept attacking trying to strike Krystal down. Krys was an amazing fighter. Krys was breathing hard but was still unharmed. Krys cut Hyuna multiple times but Hyuna didn’t give up. Hyuna’s wings were dripping blood. They were even more broken and torn up now than when she first stopped me. Hyuna snarled.

                “You’re a high guardian, aren’t you?” Hyuna growled. Krys stayed focused. She moved. The left me alone for a minute and she shifted her stance. She caught Hyuna off guard and ran her sword through Hyuna’s gut. Krys took her second sword and cut off Hyuna’s head. Right after she killed Hyuna she withdrew her swords and grabbed me around the waist and took off. We were flying.

Krystal POV

                Stupid demon, thinking she could kill a high guardian. If Amber wasn’t there I could have had her dead in seconds. I grabbed Amber and carried her as we flew. I could tell she was scared but this was the fastest way. I needed to get her away from the demons body. I dropped amber off at the roof of her apartment and told her to wait for me. I flew back to the body and created a fire blast and burned the demon’s body to ashes. I needed to do that. If any other demon found the demon’s body we would be in a city swarming with the monsters. Then no one would be safe. Once I was sure there was no trace of her I flew back to Amber. She was huddled by the door. I hugged her.

                “I’m so sorry Krys.” Amber cried.

                “Shh. Don’t cry baby. I’m here.” I said holding her as we collapsed to the floor. I kissed her forehead and held her.

                “I hurt you. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Krys.” Amber kept repeating her apologies.

                “Baby its ok. I understand. I should have just told you everything instead of keeping it from you.” I said whipping her tears away.

                “I love you Krys. I love you so much.” Amber said as she leaned in for a kiss. I kissed her back and smiled as she pulled away.

                “I love you too Am.”

                “Krys? Can I ask you something?”

                “Anything babe.”

                “Why was Hyuna trying to kill me?” she asked. I sighed. So that was her name.

                “I’ll just start from the beginning…”