Demons

Monster

 

Krystal POV

                After Amber accepted her job at the coffee shop, she walked me home. I followed her until she got into her apartment. I watched her drift off to sleep. I was about to leave as I heard someone on the roof. I turned and saw Taemin. He was out of breath and had a panicked look on his face.

                “Demons. They found us. “Taemin said shaking. No. it can’t be.

                “That’s impossible Taemin.” I said in shock. There was no way they could have found us here.

                “They are on their way. They have already killed here. Be prepared to fight.” Taemin said unfolding his wings. “I thought I should warn you. Don’t let Liu out of your sight.”

                “Thank You!” I shouted as Taemin flew back to Minho. They can’t be here. Demons. They don’t kill just anyone. They prey on humans with guardians. They find it a challenge and find it funny when the angel is crushed left without anything to live for. They are monsters. I couldn’t let them get to Amber. I couldn’t let her out of my sight. I don’t know what I would do without her. I got off the roof and ran to her apartment and knocked loudly on the door.

Amber POV

                “Amber, wake up.” Jjong said shaking me awake.

                “What time is it?” I mumbled, I had no school tomorrow and he knew that.

                “Is 1 am. A girl is here to see you. She said it’s really important that he see you now.”

                “Whoever it is can wait.” I said rolling over.

                “Her name is Krystal. I guess I can tell her to come back later…” I jumped out of bed and ran to the door cutting Jjong off. Krys? I saw Krys standing in the door was shaking.

                “Amber…” she said looking scared.

                “What’s wrong Krys? Come in.” I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

                “C-could I stay the night? There was someone outside of my apartment building and he tried to break in the house. My dad is out of town and I just can’t be alon-“I couldn’t stand it anymore. She was shaking so much. I just pulled her into my arms and hugged her.

                “It’s ok Krys your safe now. Of course you can stay here. Let me go tell my brother that you are staying ok?” she nodded. I ran to Jjong’s room. “Hey, Bro can Krys stay the night? Some creep tried to break into her apartment and her dads out of town.”

                “Sure. She can stay as long as she needs to. Hey remember Am, I’m going out of town early tomorrow ok? So you will have the apartment to yourself.” Jjong answered. I forgot about that. It doesn’t matter though.

                “Okay. Thanks Hyung.” I said. I ran back to Krys. “It’s ok Krys you can stay here for as long as you need.” she nodded and grabbed my hand. I led her to my room. “You can sleep here ok?” the grip on my hand tightened. “I’ll just sleep in Jjong’s room.” I said turning.

                “No. stay here please? I don’t want to be alone.” She voice was shaking. I couldn’t say no to her. I wrapped my arms around her. “I’ll stay here ok? Its ok Krys I’m right here.” We lay down in my bed. After I got the blankets over us I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. She snuggled into me. We stayed like that until we fell asleep.

Krystal POV

                I couldn’t lose her. I wouldn’t. I needed her. She is more than just my human to protect. I couldn’t live with myself if I let anything hurt her. I was scared for once. I was scared someone would take her away from me. I watched her sleep with her arms around my waist. She must be worried about me. I hated lying to her, but I couldn’t help it I needed to be with her. It hurt to be away from her. All I could think about is her and nothing else. Was this love?

                Once it was morning I heard Amber’s brother get up and leave. A while after I got up and started to make breakfast for Amber and I. she woke up and came up behind me and hugged me as I was cooking.

                “A-amber?” I stuttered as she kissed my neck.

                “Good morning Princess.” She said holding me closer.

                “Are you okay?” I asked turning around. I took the pan off the stove as I turned around so the food wouldn’t burn.

                “That’s my line Krys. I’m not letting you out of my sight.” Amber said pulling me even closer to her. I was so happy to be in her arms to be this close to her.

                “I’m ok Amber. I was just really scared last night and I didn’t have anyone to turn to. I’m sorry if I bothered you.” I said making an excuse. “Amber will you stay at my apartment with me over the weekend? I don’t want to be alone.”

                “Of course Princess. I told you, I’m not letting you out of my sight.” Amber said letting me go. We ate breakfast slowly and suddenly I realized, Sunny didn’t know.

                “What do you want to do today Krys?” Amber asked.

                “Can we go to the coffee shop Amber? I want to tell Sunny-unnie that I’m ok.” I said in a panic. I needed to warn Sunny. Once Amber locked up the apartment I grabbed her hand and ran as fast as I could. I opened the door to the coffee shop. “SUNNY-UNNIE!” I yelled. She ran out of the back room.

                “What’s the matter Krystal?” Sunny said with a worried look on her face.

                “Demons. They found us. Another guardian told warned me they have already killed one.” I whispered in Sunny-unnie’s ear. She turned pale.

                “LUNA!” Sunny shouted. “We need to go. Now.” Luna came out of the back room with a questioning look on her face as she looked at Sunny. Sunny and I closed down the coffee shop as fast as we could while Amber and Luna stood at the front door with confused looks. Once we were done Sunny locked the door and rushed Luna home.

                “What’s going on Krys?” Amber questioned.

                “N-nothing. Let’s just have fun today let’s just forget.” I said hugging Amber.

                “Ok.” Amber said hugging me back. “Let me take you somewhere where we can forget the world.” She let me go and took my hand and led the way.

Amber POV

                Krys looked so scared after Sunny and Luna left. I wondered what was wrong. Was it really the break in that had Krys scared so much? Or was something else wrong? I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to upset Krys even more. All I wanted to do was to make her feel better.

                “Come on Krys. I know the perfect place to go to.” I said pulling her to my side. Whenever I was sad or angry I always came here. It was only 20 minutes from the apartment. I led Krys to my happy place. A cliff. It looked over the whole city. There was a huge oak tree that almost hung off the cliff. It was the place that I could scream and no one would hear me. I want to share this place with Krys. I pulled her to me once we got to the top and held her close. We stayed like that for a while and it was perfect. Just us.

Krystal POV

                It was beautiful. The view of the city, the way the Oak tree curved and almost framed the picture of the city. It was perfect being with her. In her arms just being. I looked up at Amber and just couldn’t help myself anymore. I kissed her soft lips and she was surprised at first but she melted into the kiss, holding me tighter. We passionately kissed until we ran out of air. We parted, gasping for air. I love her. I can’t imagine life without her. I held her closer not leaving any space between us.

                “I love you Krys.” Amber said whispering in my ear.

                “I love you too Am.” I said putting my arms around her neck pulling us closer. I felt so safe with her. For once I didn’t have to worry about anything. As long as I had Amber everything would be okay. We lay under the oak tree together in each other’s arms. We watched the sun set and started to get up. I couldn’t do this anymore. I couldn’t lie to her.

                “Amber, there is something you need to know about me.” I said nervously.

                “What is it Krys? I’ll love you no matter what you know.” Amber said kissing me again.

                “I’m not who you think I am Amber. I’m not human.”