Dreams

Monster

 

Krystal POV

That Taemin, there was something strange about him. He might be a guardian and f he was not I needed to know why he was here. After classes I looked for Amber by the lockers. She stood there waiting for me. I smiled as I ran up to her.

                “Hey Krys!” she smiled.

                “Krys?” I asked with a questioning look on my face.

                “New nickname.” Amber answered as I opened my locker taking out some books.

                “Cool, I can put that one next to Ice Princess.” I laughed.

                “Hmm, I think I’ll stick to Krys and Princess.” Amber smiled. I blushed.

                “Princess?” I smiled. After I got all of my books out of my locker we walked out to the front of the school where Amber and I said goodbye.

                “Hey Amber I have to go to work now but I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said as I ran off. I heard her shout

                “BYE KRYS!” Amber turned and then walked away. Damn I’m so stupid. Now I need a job. I started to pass all these small cafes and thought of Jessica-unnie. When she and her human lived here Unnie worked at a coffee shop. I ran to the little shop that wasn’t too far away.

                “HEY KRYSTAL!” Sunny-unnie shouted as she hugged me tight. “I haven’t seen you in forever!” Sunny-unnie is also a guardian and as a cover she owns this coffee shop. She was really close to Yuri, who is Sica’s human.

                “Hey! I have a huge favor to ask Unnie.”

                “Sure anything for Sica’s sister.” She winked.

                “I need a job. Could I work he-“I asked as Sunny-unnie cut me off.

                “OF COURSE! You can even start work today so we can catch up!” we went into the back storage room and Sunny handed me a uniform and told me to change. Once I put on the black mini skirt, white blouse and red bow tie. I walked out and joined Sunny-unnie.

                “So what brings you here to Korea?” Sunny asked as we cleaned off some tables.

                “A new human. Her name is Amber Liu.” I answered.

                “Oh the tomboy? I have seen here around. She is in the same class as my human. Her name is Luna.” Sunny-unnie said like a proud mother.

                “Oh the girl who is dating that Onew guy?” I asked knowing I have heard of the couple.

                “Yes! That’s my Lun-baby.” Sunny said. I made a mental note to watch out for Luna at school for Sunny-unnie. After cleaning the tables I learned how to work the coffee makers and the register. I then met the other workers. There are only two other workers in the shop other than Sunny-unnie and me. One is Luna and the other is her human friend Sulli.

                “Hey! What’s your name?” Luna asked. Luna has shoulder length hair.

                “My name is Krystal. You must be Luna.” I said shaking her hand.

                “Yeah that’s me. So how did you find out about Sunny’s coffee shop?” Luna asked.

                “My older sister is friends with Sunny and since I just moved here I was hoping that Sunny-unnie would give me a job here.” I answered.

                “Who is your sister?”

                “Her name is Jessica Jung. Some people call her Sica.” Luna froze once I said Jessica. She knew what I was and even though she turned and smiled at me. She was okay with me.

                “Hey this is my friend Sulli.” Luna said. I looked over at the tall skinny girl who stood behind Luna. She had milky white skin and a short bob haircut. She nodded at me and we got back to work. I started with dish washing and listened to the radio that they had in the shop. After work Sulli said goodbye and left.

                “So you’re a guardian too?” Luna questioned.

                “Yeah.” I muttered back.

                “Who is your human?” Luna asked calmly.

                “Amber Liu. She is in your class”

                “Oh her! She moved her like a year ago. At first everyone thought she was a boy.” I stayed silent. Amber was beautiful and cute. I don’t understand how people thought she was a boy. A few minutes of silence Sunny-unnie came back after she locked up the shop. We said our goodbyes and separated. Once they left I turned the corner into an alley. I opened my black wings and flew. After a whole day of hiding my wings it felt good to fly. I flew to Amber’s apartment. I watched her as she walked over to her bed and turned out the lights. I guess I caught her just as she was going to bed. I flew home and showered. Once I was done I lay in my bed hoping to dream of Amber.

Amber POV

                I watched as Krystal left. I wonder where she worked. I’ll ask her tomorrow. I thought about our run in with Minho and suddenly started to worry about her. I wanted to protect her. I’m sure Krys is a tough girl but I don’t want her to have to fight all the time. I walked home alone just listening to music. Once I got home I found a note from Jjong.

“Hey bro, imma be home late ok? Go catch dinner on your own. I’ll see you tomorrow. I’m sorry”

It’s like this most nights. Ever since our parents died Jjong took up all the responsibilities of our parents. He worked really hard and still does so I can have a normal life. I don’t mind being alone. I picked up my phone and texted Henry to meet me at the basketball court down the street. I grabbed my ball and headed over. When I got there Henry was sitting there waiting.

                “Hey Liu! You’re late!” Henry shouted. I rolled my eyes.

                “Naw your just early!” I shouted back as I ran over to him.

                “How was your day? Anything interesting happen?”  Henry asked as he took the ball from my hands.

                “My day was good. I made a new friend. A new girl transferred here today.” I said smiling thinking of Krys.

                “Cool. Is she hot?” Henry asked grinning.

                “Yeah she is. But she is off limits man.” I shot Henry a glare and he raised his hands in defense.

                “Okay. You like this girl Amber? What’s her name?” Henry said shooting a three pointer.

                “Yeah I think so but I’m not sure.  Her name is Krystal.” I said thinking of her perfect smile. Henry missed I ran for the rebound.

                “Cool let’s play one on one!” Henry said stealing the ball out of my hands.  We played for about an hour. Henry and I said our goodbyes and I walked back to the house alone. Jjong still wasn’t home.  I ate a quick dinner and showered. Once I was done I got into bed hoping to dream of Krystal.