Apart

Monster

 

Amber POV

                I woke up in a small dark room with a head ache. Damn demon. I looked around confused. My hands were free but my legs were tightly chained to the floor. There was a bed a about a foot from me. on the floor next to me was a bowl of water and a piece of bread. I chuckled. So they planned to keep me alive. I looked at the bed while my eyes adjusted to the dark. Why was there a bed in the room if I was chained to the floor? I looked closer and saw something in the bed. It was a girl.

                “H-hello?” I called out to her but she didn’t move. Oh , was she dead?

Krystal POV

                Before I went to search for the demons who took Amber I tried to contact Sica-unnie. I needed Sica and if anyone could help me it was her. She never responded to anything I sent her. Even though I was worried about Sica I had to focus on Amber. At night I went to the demon infested parts of the country trying to find any of Hyuna’s followers for information. Sunny told me the demons only came for Amber; they singled her out as the one they came for. So it was me they wanted. They wanted revenge for Hyuna. I let my cold side take over not showing any demons mercy as I questioned them one after one. Finally I found on of Hyuna’s followers. They were brave I’ll give them that. They only gave me bits of information but still it was enough to find bigger groups of them. Still I didn’t know where they might be keeping my Amber. No one would keep me from her. No one.

Amber POV

I felt relief as I saw the girl breathing. At least she wasn’t dead. I wondered why she was here. Was she the same as me? A human kidnapped from their guardian? It was hard being here in the small cold room with no one to talk to. I moved as close to the bed as the chains would let me. She had long brown hair that slightly covered her face. She reminded me a little of Krystal. Krys. My heart hurt being away from her. I knew she would be worried about me and I knew that she would come to get me. I just hope Krys comes and finds me soon.

Krystal POV

                I was getting closer and closer to finding the demons. I could feel it. The last demon I killed said that there was a huge underground town that Hyuna used to control. It wasn’t too far away from the safe house. They didn’t take Amber too far away. Their mistake. Now that I knew Amber was probably there I wanted to rush into the town and slaughter them all to get my Amber back. I couldn’t just run in there. There were too many demons for me to handle on my own. Sica where are you?

Amber POV

                I didn’t know how long it’s been since I was brought here. The demons fed both the girl and I. they dropped bread rolls by me and filled my water bowl. The sleeping girl woke up at meal times but she never spoke. The demons spoon fed her soup and tore up bread and fed her little by little. The demons seemed to respect her. They took care of her. The girl on the other hand hated them. She acted very rude to them. Once the demons left the room I would try to talk with her but she just lay back down and slept through everything until the next meal time. Eventually I gave up just wanting Krys to talk with.

                “Krystal Jung please find me soon.” I whispered. I almost fell asleep but I heard the girl get up out of bed. I stared at her as she walked over to me and stopped and glared at me.

                “Krystal Jung?” the girl spoke for the first time. “Who is she to you?”

                “w-who are you?” I asked forgetting about her question.

                “I am Jessica Jung, high guardian. Now how do you know my little sister?” Jessica said giving me an icy glare. Yup they were defiantly similar.

Krystal POV

                I couldn’t wait anymore. The easiest way was to get captured and find Amber that way. I walked through the front door. A demon waited for me. I held up my hands in defeat.

                “You finally showed up. I was starting to wonder if we got the wrong human.” He chuckled. I glared.

                “Where. Is. She.” I said suddenly taking out the two swords that were strapped to my back.

                “Weapons down angel. You can’t kill all of us and by the time you did she would be dead.” He threatened. I put them away reluctantly.

                “What do you want?” I asked counting all the demons in front of me.

                “Don’t worry you will see your precious Amber soon… Krystal.” I froze.

                “How do you know my name?” I growled. The demon chuckled.

                “She is all ways saying your name but you never show up. Poor little Amber.” I clenched my fists. I hated the way her name sounded coming out of his mouth. I wanted to kill him so badly and make him tell me where they had Amber. I followed two demons that were to lead me to my cell. They locked me in a small dark room which I could easily escape from but they knew I couldn’t leave Amber. I sighed as the door locked shut. I looked around and let my eyes adjust to the dark. I saw a girl curled up in the corner of the room. My heart jumped.

                “Amber?” I asked. She turned around and faced me. She wasn’t amber but she was a familiar face.

                “Y-Yuri?”

Amber POV

                Jessica Jung? Krystal’s older sister?

                “K-Krystal is my guardian.” I said trying to bow a little to show my respect for Krystal’s older sister.

                “Where is she?” Jessica demanded.

                “I don’t know.” I said sadly. Suddenly my heart started to ache. Krystal. I missed her so much.

                “So you’re my baby sisters human.” She said staring at me.

                “Where is your human?” I asked suddenly regretting it seeing the look on Jessica’s face.

                “She is here, somewhere in this hole. This place is huge and filled with too many demons for me to fight my way through on my own. So I’m laying low until I find out where they are keeping her, and once I do I will slaughter all the demons here as revenge.” We sat together and just chatted a little. She told me about how much she loved her human. All I could think about was Krys.

                “What if I never see her again?” I said starting to shake. What if I never see her smile again or hear her laugh.

                “It’s ok Amber. Krystal is a Jung. She will come for you.” Jessica said showing her kinder side. I nodded. Of course she would come for me the question was would she survive?

Krystal POV

                “Yuri what are you doing here?” I asked.

                “I could ask you the same Krys.”

                “Where is Sica?”

                “I don’t know. I think she is somewhere here looking for me.” Yuri said looking at the floor. I got up and walked over to her. She was chained to the floor. I clenched my fists. I grabbed the chains and pulled them apart. She looked surprised at my strength.  

                “Let’s go get her then.” I said trying to lift her too her feet. She just stayed on the floor lifelessly. She must be too weak to stand I moved to lift her up but she protested.

                “Why are you even here Krys?” she asked trying to push me away. I stopped. I was hit with another wave of heart ache.

                “My human was kidnapped and brought here and I plan to get her back.” I said. Yuri looked at me somehow knowing how much she meant to me. I started getting angry knowing what the demons have done to her. I clenched my fists again until my knuckles turned white.

                “You have to stay calm Krys. You will never find her alone in this hell-hole. I don’t know how long it’s been since they have brought me here but I heard Sica is being held on the other side of the city. You need to find her. Two high guardians will be able to take this place down.” Yuri said trying to stand up. I made her sit back down on the bed and handed her one of my knives in case the demons came back again.

                “Will you be ok on your own?”

                “I’m tough Krys. Just find Sica and make sure she is ok. Then get me out of here.” Yuri replied smiling. I nodded. I made an illusion copy of myself so the demons wouldn’t notice I was gone. I slipped out of the cell and started my search for Sica.

Amber POV

                Being away from Krys hurt so much. I just hoped that she was safe and unharmed. Jessica and I talked sometimes but mostly we kept quiet. She was probably thinking about her human. I understood if she didn’t want to talk anymore. Almost everything reminded me of Krys. I mostly thought of Krys and how much I missed her. I stayed strong for her. I didn’t know how long I was locked up for but they finally unchained me. I rubbed my raw wrists and ankles. That night Jessica let me sleep in the bed to rest myself. She watched over me and protected me. Whenever the demons tried to hurt me Jessica threatened them and they backed off immediately.

                “Jessica?” I asked timidly.

                “Yeah Am?”

                “You know I like Krystal more than just a friend right?”

                “I figured, the way you worry about her and talk about her makes it obvious.” Jessica shrugged.

                “Are you ok with us dating?”

                “I have to be. I know Krystal makes good choices and me dating my human I can’t really saying thing about it. But if you hurt my Krystal I will kill you, no matter how much my sister loves you.” Jessica threatened.

                “I would never try to hurt her.” I mumbled.

                “I know dork.” Jessica said laughing.

                “So do we have your approval?” I asked hopefully.

                “I didn’t say that Am. I need to get to know you before I can trust you with my Krystal. You have to understand, I like you Amber but I have been protecting Krystal for a while and it’s hard to let someone else watch out for her. But I’m sure that I’ll be able to trust you.” Jessica said. I nodded.

At that moment a demon stepped into the room gave us our food and left. I picked up my bread roll and pulled it apart into pieces. I found a small piece of paper stuffed into my roll. I took it out and rushed to the door so I could see it using the light that shined under the door.

I know you don’t deserve to die. I will get you to your guardian. Please take me with you.

Once I was finished reading I showed the note to Jessica and asked what I should do.

“It might be a trap, but at this point it’s our only chance at finding Krys. Then once we do we will get Yuri and get out of this place.” Jessica said. I nodded. I fumbled around in my pockets and found broken pencil.

Deal.

        I scribbled on the back and put it in Jessica’s soup bowl. The same demon walked into the room about an hour later. She picked up Jessica’s soup bowl and shoved the note into her pocket and left. I really hope we can trust this demon.

Krystal POV

                I snuck around to the other side of the city and found out through ease dropping where Sica was being held. I waited for the demons to leave their cell. Once I did I made sure no one was around. Then I broke the lock on the door and entered.

                “Sica?”