7

Love Conquers All

"Be careful." It was a gentle warning given towards the little kids that was currently playing around the orphanage.

Yoona was busying sewing a few clothes and a lady was having small chat with her. Both burst into soft laughter before Yoona eyes caught onto someone who was making their way towards the orphanage and immediately her smile vanish. Fear crept into her veins as she hurridly clap her hands and gave the kids instructions.

"Stop." She order and the kids stop playing and follow Yoona eyes, seeing the man walking briskly towards them, the kids rush inside the orphanage.

The lady shut the door tightly and stand beside Yoona who was fidgeting in fear. A warm hand was place on her shoulder but still Yoona tense. She was afraid of that man. A smirk appear on the face and the lady pulled Yoona behind her, protecting her daughter-in-law.

"Well, well, well, look like the old lady is here. Move." He order Mrs Im but the lady stood strong. He chuckled.

"Do you think you could frighten me? MOVE!" He order, pushing Mrs Im away and grabbing onto Yoona arm tightly.

Yoona flinch in pain. She tried to struggle away from the man tight grasp but failed. Her mother-in-law raise up and try to pry off the man fingers away from Yoona but failed as she was push to the ground.

"Umma!" Yoona yelled, wanting to go to her in-law but the man pulled her towards him.

"Let me go!" She yelled, struggling. The man chuckled.

"I ask for your hand in marriage but you rejected me. Why? You're husband is dead. DEAD, IM YOONA!" The man roar and Yoona turn to him in anger.

She spit at his face and that trigger him. His hand raise to slap Yoona but stop when someone throw a rock on his head. He turn and saw Kai pokerface, glaring down at him.

"She said to be let go. Are you deaf?" Kai asked, walking towards them.

"Jongin...." Yoona called. She was thankful that Kai was there but at the same time, fear for his safety. What if the boy got into trouble?

"Back off kid. This doesn't concerns you.."

"Actually Grandpa, it does. You're hurting my employer. Let her go before I use force." It was a meaningless threat but that manage to scare the Old Man. He immediately let Yoona go.

Yoona rush to her in-law side and stare at Kai who was cracking his knuckles. The man was glaring at him which Kai ignore it. He turn to Yoona and flashes a smile for her.

"Afternoon, Noona." He greeted and Yoona forces a smile. Kai turn to the man and an emotionless face appear.

"You should leave, Sir. This place doesn't welcome you. You're harrassing us." Kai speak and the man growled at him.

"I'll leave but I'll be back. Mark my words. You're mine, Im Yoona."

Kai watch a Yoona whimper in fear as the man spoke those words and walk away. He move towards the two ladies and smile at them. The lady stood up and smile at Kai.

"Thank you, young man. You just make that man go. Thank you so much. Come in, we should have alittle talk...."

The lady walk into the orphanage and Yoona turn to Kai.

"Thank you, Jongin. It was nice of you."

Kai just smile at her before entering the orphanage.

 

 

The kids crowded around Kai as soon as he sit on the floor. Their big eyes were staring at him with amazement, proudness and it was as if they were worshipping him. Kai shifted from his seat as he took a few sip on his drink. Yoona came out from the kitchen and laughed, clapping her hands and their attention shifted to her now.

"Give the saviour some space, alright. He needs to calmly and peacefully drink his drink. You're scaring him with you owl eyes." Yoona joked, making her eyes grew bigger and the kids laugh.

The children move away from Kai and the boy let out a relief sigh. Yoona took a seat beside him. Her mother-in-law is still in the kitchen, cooking.

"Thank you for saving me, Jongin. I was so frighten that time. I thought that he will have his way and it will be the end for me but then you came along and save me. You're my hero." Yoona beamed and nudge Kai shoulder with hers.

Kai blushes and stare at his feet. Yoona squeal as she saw Kai pink cheeks. She move closer towards him and began to , poking his hot cheeks.

"Oh, uri Jongin is blushing... Blushing Jongin... My dongsaeng is blushing.... Pinky Jongin, so kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..................." Yoona tease and Kai blushes even more.

"Stop teasing that boy, Yoona." Mrs Im said from behind.

Yoona turn to her mother-in-law and flashes an innocent smile to her. The lady places a few snacks infront of Kai and softly hit Yoona crown. Yoona whine and rub onto the sore part.

"Umma~~~" She whine, pouting at Mrs Im.

"Married and still mischevious.... What should I do with you, Yoona?" Mrs Im playfully asked.

Kai who was eating the snacks choke on it. Yoona hurridly rub his back, patting onto it softly.

"Are you alright, Jongin?" Yoona asked and Kai nodded his head.

That was really unexpected. She's married and she's so young....