12

Love Conquers All

A week had past since the incident at the cafe. Taemin hadn't been talking with Krystal ever since then. She was avoiding her very well. He understand. He gave her space for it. Taemin tried to apologsie but Krystal was being stubborn. She even change her number. He still remember the day when he walk into the Dance room, he bump onto Yunho. The teacher was giving such good advice to him that he had to think that is Yunho for real? Won't it worsen their friendship even more?

"Whacha thinking?"

Taemin was leaning against the lockers. He turn his head to see Tao bright smile. He's up to something....

"Yunho-hyung is one weird person." Taemin answer and Tao agree, nodding his head.

"Tell me about it. He gave me advice too. Which is very realistic but I wonder if it's a good idea? I mean, I don't chase girls and he wanted me to stalk her... That's creepy but I like it..."

"Are you going to sneak in the girls dormitory and talk to her?" Kai asked from behind.

Tao frown and think for a moment before smirking.

"I was actually going to corner her somewhere to talk but you're idea sounds good. I'm going as soon as the light is off." Tao didn't wait for Kai replied or Taemin who look worried as hell. He run off somewhere with his laughter booming the hallway. Kai turn to Taemin and pointed at him.

"Those words did not come out from my mouth, do I make myself clear?" Kai tell and Taemin just nod.

"Where are you going? To the orphanage again?" He asked and Kai only nodded.

Taemin wanted to ask for Kai's help but the boy and walk away. He's stuck again...

"I wonder why I have such a sad life..." He mutter to himself and slide down the hallways. School had end and thankfully, Taemin had an off day at work. He kept on banging his head on the locker before he felt someone took a seat beside him on the floor.

"I used to have a sad life too."

"Yunho-hyung... what are you doing here?" Taemin was shock to see Yunho presence beside him. Didn't Yunho say that he had to meet the Headmaster just now? That was a short meeting...

"Sharing the sadness of our miserable, pitiful and sad life. I feel you, Taemin-ah. I feel yah...."

Taemin would see the smile on his face as the teacher speak.

"Wanna talk somewhere else?" Yunho asked and Taemin had no choice but to nod.

 

 

Taemin was hiding. His body was seen but his head was hidden behind the menu of this small cafe. Yunho was stretching his hands up in the air and grinning mischeviously. Taemin steal a few glance on Yunho and mentally groan. It was his plan. He knew that Krystal work here.... He know and he brought him here, clever teacher but what should he do now?

"I'll call the waitress here, Taemin." Yunho announced and Taemin choke on his own saliva.

"Calm down boy. Would you relax? You're being hysterical. Breath in and out...." Yunho said before calling for Krystal.

Krystal headed towards Yunho with a smile. Taemin on the other hand was trying to calm his irregualar pumping heartbeats. He shot a look for help to Yunho but that teacher was just smiling and even had the bloody nerve to wink at him. Despicable...

"Ignore her and pretend she is a stranger in your life. Be a man. You need to face her sooner or later and I suggest now. Just don't talk to her as friendly as before. Be a stranger in her eyes. You were charismatic in the dance floor, Taemin. Very chaismatic and your aura were unbeatable but it vanishes as soon as you step out of the classroom. You have the attitude, so used it. She needs to know what she's missing. Give it to her! Hwaiting..."

"Hyung, I understand your words but the last part just doesn't make any sense. What are you..."

"Life sometimes doesn't make any sense, Taemin. Love is a magical thing."

Taemin gawked at Yunho. What a weird man...

"Hyung, how can the topic about life suddenly change into love. I see no connection in it."

"Tell me Taemin, how can you live your life without love?" Yunho asked and Taemin surrender defeat. This is the most weirdest teacher he had even see before.

"Can I take you order?" Krystal soft voice reaches Taemin ear and he panic.

Cold sweat appearing on his forehead. Krystal saw him as soon as he step his foot in her workplace but choose to ignore him. She hasn't forgive him for what he had done. But there was a little hope that right now, Taemin would greet her but shockingly, he didn't. He didn't even glance at her and gave her his order. Krystal knew the person beside Taemin, it was Yunho, his teacher. When she walk back to the counter to gave the orders, she saw Yunho patting Taemin back with a smile. That moment, Krystal knew what was going on. She smile. Finally someone who would teach Taemin some confidence.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Hyung. She doesn't seem to be affected." Taemin whine, banging his head on the table. Yunho watch his student and shake his head.

"Stop banging your head. People are staring..." Yunho grab Taemin neck and shake it alittle bit.

Taemin couldn't care less about the pain. He was surprisingly immune to it. Tao and Kai had rub on him. They tend to punch his shoulders so the pain was like normal as time goes by.

"Sometimes hyung, I ask myself, why is my life so full of sadness. I didn't deserve to be like this! I deserve happiness! Is it a crime for a person like me to deserve happiness? Tell me hyung?! TELL ME!"

Taemin was wailing and making a scene. Yunho was clearly embarrassed. He tried to calm Taemin but the guy was continue to ramble and speaking out loud. This is the first and last time he hang out with Taemin outside school grounds. This guy is an embarrassement. How did Tao and Kai survive? Or is this part of Taemin revenge? If it is, sneaky little brat.... Genuis....

"Let's just hang a rope and we die together..." Taemin mutter and Yunho gasped. Where did that come from?

"Hyung...." Taemin speak as he bang his head.

When Taemin raises his head, something splash on his face. He cough slightly before staring at Yunho who held his hand up and pointed to his front. He turn to see Krystal in anger. The drink that he had order was now on him like literally. She splash his drink on him. He stood up to speak but she yell at him.

"When will you stop being a wimp?! Wake up, Taemin. Your life is not full of sadness. You have your teacher and those two friends of yours. You are currently schooling in a prestiges school. You have parents who is still alive. Your life is not dull! Just because you always got bullied, you think your life is sadness. Then what about mine?"

She cried infront of him and Taemin panic. Everyone was watching him. He hates attention. Krystal knew this and she was sorry for doing this but Taemin needs to get something in his head right now. He needs to know that everyone cares for him. He's not alone. He just need to stand up to them. Prevent and defend himself from being bullied.

"My life is more worst then yours. And do you know why I can still survive normally, before I stand up for myself. I'm not a wimp. You're the wimp."

He turn in drench and run out of the cafe. He run and never look back.

"Just as I predict... Run! You always run! Coward!" Krystal yell from the cafe.

Taemin kept on running. He keep on running without looking back till he reach the forest. He walk in the forest without caring of his destinations. He need to be someplace quiet. He was scared. He is a coward...

"Are you alright?"

Taemin turn to see a small petite lady smiling at him but he could see the worried look in her eyes.

"I..."

 

 

"So you love her?"

Taemin blushes as the lady ask him. He was sitting on the rock near the river. The lady was in the water, swimming happily.

"Why didn't you confess to her?"

"She got a boyfriend."

"I see. Why are you here anyway?"

"I need a place to think. We fight again just now infront of everyone. It was humiliating. I run away because the attention was on me and I had humiliate myself. I couldn't take the pressure."

"Well, hate to break this to you Taemin but this is reality. It came and smack you like a rock and leave you wounded. It hurts but also very exciting. Try to think on the positive side. One thing for sure, she cares for you."

Taemin had told the lady everything about his relationship with Krystal.

"But still, I don't think our friendship could last long. She might be frustated with my wimpy attitude."

"You're downgrading yourself. Don't do that. The more you say such thing, the more you swallow yourself with darkness. Like what you told me before, she's right, Taemin. Comparing her life with yours, you had it pretty easy since you always had her to defend you but what about her? If she got a problem, who does she turn to?"

"No one..." Taemin answer.

"I know a student like you."

"You do?"

"This student name B falls for this other student name U. B is a coward. B always got bullied by the classmates and sometimes B even got abused by them. One day, U came and help B and they became friends. B falls for U but afraid to let U know because B value their friendship. B didn't have the courage to confess because of fear. U was oblivous. U didn't know of B feelings until one day, during valentines, B confess. U was stun and leave the place. B was sad, B thought their friendship was over but U came back with a smile. B was shock when U told B that U feelings are similar too. B take the courage. B throw everything under the truck and risk their friendship and it ended well. Why can't you do the same thing to?"

"Not all love stories end with a happy ending, Noona. Besides she had a boyfriend. I can't steal. I won't do that. I will not be the villain."

"Who says you have to be one? Take risk, Taemin."

Taemin stay quiet for a while before turning to the lady. He was curious about something.

"What about your love story?" He asked. The smile on her face drop slightly but she cover it with her eye smile.

"It ends with a happy ending." She told him but Taemin knew that she lied but he let it slide.

"I'm not strong to take risk."

"You have friends, didn't you? Ask them for help too. I'm sure your friends would want to help you. I wish the best for you, Taemin."

"Thank you. I'll be going now, Noona. I will try but I don't if it's a good idea. I'll come soon. Bye."

Taemin bid farewell to her and rush down the slope to head back to the streets. He had forgotten that he had homework and luckily the day is still young.

 

 

"He had many fears."

"I know. The boy has an aura of a warrior when he was dancing but it vanishes when he step out from his comfort-zone."

"You should not push him too much. I can't bear to see Taemin hurt. He's fragile."

"Of course. I won't let my student get hurt. I'll make sure he and Krystal will be together."

The lady just smile as Yunho try to hug her. Her head shake and she place a soft kiss on his cheeks before moving away into deeper in the woods.

"I miss you, Boa.... I miss you so much."