chapter 7

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

A flushed Donghae came out of his house; he was wearing a black tank top and a pair of grey lose pants, his hair weren't styled at all and he was carrying a small back pack "sorry but you gave me so little notice I wasn't ready" he said opening the car door. In fact he decided the hour when he woke up and simply sent him a message telling him he was going to pick him up in half an hour.

"Never mind you look fine for what we are going to do" he said waving his hand, he decided not to wear anything  important because they were going to be hidden in the hotel and no one was going to see them anyway. Plus Donghae looked extremely hot  dressed like that "ah, put the bag in the back with mine" he added opening the trunk.

"Hey, you told me to bring only a change and underwear…why are you having so many bags?" Donghae said talking from the back of the car. Hyukjae giggled and turned around to face him.

"Don't worry those are fake ones I'm bringing them just to see how they work at the hotel" he said, the other put his small bag on top of all those huge and expensive suitcases and went to the front to sit down; he looked at him with a questioning look and Hyukjae had to explain further "you know they take your luggage to the room so I need to see how they do it, it's part of the examination" Donghae finally nodded and smiled at him. They were ready to go, to spend three days doing something unusual that could be even funny if done with the company of a friend. He smiled at himself and fixed his eyes on the road, he was happy.

"I didn't know you were opening a hotel, where is it?" the other asked after a while.

"Ah, is in Gangnam, we are keeping it secret from people to make a big surprise, even the outside of the building is still covered in scaffoldings and printed sheets with commercials, we'll reveal it only once it's opened and this way no one knows if the construction is done or not" Hyukjae explained, this thing was silly for him, hiding like that as if they were doing something bad. On the other hand, Donghae looked extremely excited.

"So it's even more than a premiere, I'm gonna see the façade too?" he asked turning around and smiling at him.

Hyukjae was surprised, why was that guy so happy on such a matter? "Yes, we enter under the metallic structures with the car because all the front is hidden but we have to test the parking service too" he said and ended up feeling all excited too. He knew it was silly, it was his own hotel, but still, they were like two children discovering a new place, or at least that was the way Donghae was making him feel.

"Good, I'll see how is it once I'm there then" the other replied sitting straight and crossing his arms, he was smiling and he looked so handsome even dressed like that. He looked more like he was going to the gym actually, and Hyukjae realized that maybe being cozy like that was better than making him wear expensive clothes.

~

Once they reached the hotel they entered a big metallic gate, that was immediately closed behind them and they stopped the car in front of a big glass revolving door and jumped down. Donghae looked up at the wall, the outside was already being painted and it looked extremely classy. Hyukjae gave the car keys to the parking attendant while they saw another guy bowing to them before picking up their bags. Donghae was still shocked about the big door and marble curvy steps to even notice it, and the other had to pull him by his elbow to make him move.

"Show time" he muttered entering the hall, followed by his friend. Inside a big group of people was waiting for him, they all bowed simultaneously "good morning, you all know why I am here, I have a test to do, every small thing will be reported on my tablet and directly in the database of the company, so you must show me your best performance ok? Let's work well together for these three days" he said looking around and smiling a bit. He had the power and felt nice but it wasn't like usual, they weren't there trying to his for no reason.

"Yes SIR!" they all replied in chorus, bowing again even deeper than before. Then they started to go to their positions leaving the hall empty. Only a girl at the reception, she was alone because the other two that were supposed to be there, were useless for just a guest, so they were going to do a day each, while during the rest of the service they were going to be on different turns, having each a day off. The people selected for the receptions were three girls and two guys that were supposed to be mostly silent, standing behind, only to in for difficult situations. They were going to pass the reception and going directly to the elevator when Donghae grabbed his arm.

"You are supposed to see if the reception works too no?!" he asked, and he was right, he was simply passing by because he knew everything was set, but the girl had to be tested too. He turned around and looked at his friend.

"You are right Hae, but…let me put a pair of sunglasses on you, so that you'll look more classy" he said taking his glasses off and putting them on his friend's head. He found that expensive accessories were able to make everybody look rich, he was just a rich guy wearing gym clothes, not a poor guy wearing his normal things.

"But…why…what does it have to do with the reception?" the guy muttered touching lightly the glasses on his head.

"You are going to ask for our room, so that I can see the interactions from outside, and this way you look more like a guest of a hotel like this, you know just back from your morning jogging"  he said moving his feet a bit.

Donghae rolled his eyes and sighed "as if I had time for jogging…but ok, let's try this" he said before walking casually towards the reception counter. The girl behind it was smiling, she looked quite amused and not at all professional. Maybe she was enjoining the little scene they created and when Donghae asked for their room he didn't seem to notice she wasn't supposed to act like that.

"Excuse me but why are you giggling? Do you see something funny?" Hyukjae asked coldly resting his elbow on the counter and fanning his face with his hand. The girl stopped immediately to smile and looked down bowing her head lightly. Donghae instead elbowed him whispering a "yah" as if he sounded too harsh and ill mannered.

"I…I'm sorry, is just that asking you who you are to do all the process seemed strange" she muttered.

"You need to show me how well you work, just act accordingly to the usual behavior" he stated looking away, he felt a little bit guilty seeing how the girl reacted but he needed to do this job seriously, he was feeling like doing it well for once. Maybe Donghae was right, maybe he was supposed to work hard just to prove his father he was good at something.

"Good morning Mr.Lee, we were waiting for you and your guest, the bags are already being carried in your room, which is the 327" the girl said with a calm tone, she was still smiling but this time it was more composed and kind. She reached out both hands "this is your key. Taking the elevator on this side, second floor on the right, you'll find odd numbers" she said indicating the elevator on her right.

"Thank you" Donghae said smiling and taking the key from her hands.

"Thank you sir, and we hope you'll have a nice stay" she said smiling politely again and bowing a bit.

"See? It wasn't like you didn't know what to say or do. Good job…" he looked at the name tag before continuing "He Rang" he finished smiling back at her. "Let's go we have so much work to do" he said to Donghae to make him move towards the elevator.

~

They were about to get off the elevator when the other spoke "I think you did great, but you made her so uncomfortable" he said blushing a bit. Hyukjae was about to reply but at that moment the elevator stopped and in front of them appeared a girl. She was one of the cleaning staff and she wasn't supposed to be there at all.

"What are you doing here?" Hyukjae asked harshly, as if he didn't hear Donghae before at all. In fact, the other guy was as surprised as the girl hearing him being that cold.

"I…I'm…" the girl muttered.

"Hyukjae, maybe is not necessary to be this severe, I'm sure she has a reason to be here" Donghae said pocking his arm to have his attention and make him stop. He didn't know why his friend was that kind, with kindness you can't go on in business, you need to follow some basic rules.

"She isn't supposed to be here at this hour" he explained looking away.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry I was told to come here to open some windows on the floor, it took me more than I thought because I was doing it alone, maybe they thought you were going to have a longer speech" she explained with a low voice and not being able to look at him. Her hands were clasped together and they were trembling.

Hyukjae looked at her "don't lower your chin this much, right now I'm just a guest not the owner of the hotel. If you have a reason for staying here you have nothing to be ashamed of, you are working. If a client asks you something just reply to them with the truth and be polite. If they instead act cocky with you and make you feel uncomfortable when you are doing exactly what you are supposed to, don't be afraid to tell them to mind their own business" he said. Both Donghae and the girl looked at him with matching surprised faces. He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose before continuing "you are here to work, you could have simply replied to me with what you said just now. Your work is important too and you aren't less worthy than a rich man or woman coming here. We don't need guests that don't know how to behave with our staff" he explained hoping this time it was more clear.

"But if a client doesn't want to see me even if it's during cleaning time…" she asked shyly.

"When it's cleaning time he is the one that is not supposed to be around, you are doing your job, and remember no one can fire you except the director, no guest has the right to let you down. Always act politely till the point they are invading your freedom, that's the moment you can politely tell them to off" he said. Oh well, his point of view was a bit strong maybe.

"But…sir, this way we lose clients" she replied looking even more confused than before.

"We don't need that kind of client, do you think we really need this hotel to survive? Let me tell you, no, we don't, this place is made for classy people and the only thing they can ask for is perfection, which is provided by you…the staff was selected to be able to satisfy any request. I'm here to see if it's true or if we have to find other people, for now, I can understand you all are a bit anxious because of me but remember that if we open at the end of the month I'll be only one of your problems. Now vanish, quickly" he said moving his hand. The girl bowed and smiled before entering the elevator and vanishing as she was told to.

Donghae chuckled the moment they were alone again "You are weird, were you scolding her or telling her to be strong and walk straight?" the guy asked.

Hyukjae looked at him, how could that guy not understand such basic things? "I need to scold her and tell her what is wrong to make the service perfect, but I dislike people bowing at me just because I'm the owner. Is one of the things I hate the most, what did I do to gain her blind respect?" he asked starting to walk again and looking for their room.

"You are giving her a job" Donghae said, maybe being used to some poverty too, gave him a different perspective.

"I'm not giving away anything, she is here because she worked hard for this job, is not a gift, is something she gained herself. If there is something my father is good at is hiring only people who deserve a place, and who work hard in what they are capable of.  Every employee has the same value for us, that's why I hate going to the office, people believe that the more you the fastest you get a higher position, but they don't work harder usually, they just bow more…" he snorted. He really hated to admit his father had something he was totally able to do, while he lacked in love so much. And he disliked, even more, the thought of those employees that were almost able to lay down to let you walk on them.

"I get it now, you have it in your blood after all…" the other said smiling and sighing to himself.

"What? What do I have in my blood? Are you saying I'm like my father?" he asked starting to feel a bit annoyed.

"Success…Look our room" Donghae said snatching the key from his hands, realizing at that moment that it wasn't a key but a card, and that in front of him there was a panel and a card reader. He looked at them both trying to understand which way to put the card in, but he was still looking at it. Hyukjae forgot about their chat for a second to help him open the door, but immediately after they did it he wasn't still able to ask him about what he just said because he was mesmerized by the expression of his friend. Donghae was in awe, his eyes looked like they were sparkling, he was a kid in a candy shop "this room is huge!" he said.

"Oh well, this is the regular one actually" he said shrugging, what was he going to do in front of the two suites?

"Wow, so how do we switch the light on? With the card?" he asked taking the small object in his hands again and putting it in the card reader on the wall. At that moment the main light was switched on, revealing more details of the room. It was a nice square room, with light walls and wooden flooring. On a wall, there was the bed, and on the other side just across from it, there was the big window with the balcony. On the right side of the door, there was a dresser with a big mirror, while on the wall in front of the bed, far from it at least 8 feet, there were two doors, one for the walk-in closet and the second for the bathroom. Lastly, there was a pair of armchairs and a round tea table. On the floor, three big carpets were placed in a way that the parquet couldn't be damaged by the wooden legs of the furniture. In general, it was a nice room, nothing more nor less than a five stars hotel should provide . "What…what is this smell?" Donghae asked looking around. The perfume switched on with the lights.

"It's lavender, each room has a different scent which you can choose while booking it. And if you look carefully the color of the ceiling is a light purple, just like the decorations on the sheets and the small details like the flowers in the vases or  I suppose the carpets in the bathroom…you know my mum is a freak and likes this kind of details"

"Ah this is so cool" the other replied. Meanwhile, Hyukjae looking around found something that wasn't in its place. Those bags weren't supposed to be there. He switched on his tablet and looked for the luggage service in his list, he was ready to put a red mark on it when he realized that the system was going to record his rating and send it immediately to the office. He stopped and looked at the screen for a few seconds

"What's the matter?" Donghae asked.

"Those bags aren't supposed to be there" he said, then he typed the reception number and called them "hello, I'm Lee Hyukjae, please I want each and every one of you representatives here in my room, in less than five minutes".

"Why are you calling them here? What about the bags? Explain it to me because I don't know anything about hotels" Donghae said sitting on the bed and looking at the bags tilting his head.

"They are in front of the bathroom door, I've been in many hotels and that's not supposed to happen" he explained pointing at the spot they were supposed to be instead, just a few steps on the side.

"Yeah but they are not in the front front…are you going to call all of them here for that?"

"I have this database Hae, and I have to put a red mark or a green mark on things that go wrong or well. If something is wrong those people and the manager for that team might be fired" he explained showing him the tablet with the list of characteristics.

"Ah, fired?"

"Yes we are here to check it all…" at that moment they heard a knock on the door and Hyukjae opened it "good morning, sorry to have made you all come here but I have an important matter to discuss with you. You all have a smartphone right? The one the company gave you. Yes" the small crowd was listening to him and took out their phones the moment he asked "you are all linked so the only thing to do is add me on the line, this way I'll send you the results of every test instead of putting them immediately on the main system"

"Yes sir, we can give you the password, but why do you intend to do it like this?" one of the men asked.

"Because every red mark is a potentially fired person, you know it, and even small details must be reported. Who is responsible for luggage?" he asked. A man reached up his hand and bowed "come closer, do you see something weird in this room?" he asked once again. The guy looked around and then finally realized what he was supposed to notice.

"The bags are in front of the bathroom door" he muttered.

"Unacceptable, right? Then should I fire the guy? No, I believe he was a bit anxious, he perfectly knows the basics for sure, and I'm giving him a chance, we are going to meet at the end of the day to discuss the red marks you all get, hoping they will be as few as possible then you'll make things work when you can. This way I'll update the database with a final decision. I'm here to see how you work not to fire all of you. Let's open this hotel soon ok?" he asked smiling

"Yes!" the employees replied all happy.

"Fighting!" Hyukjae said in a higher tone, moving his fist in the air in front of his eyes, the others did the same and smiled at him "now go back to your work, I'll have to do my work too" he said bowing a bit and waiting for them to go away before closing the door. He felt good, it seemed the right choice after all. He was about to turn around when he felt two strong arms around his waist, followed by a warm chin on his shoulder. Donghae was hugging him, why? Plus making him feel so excited by such a simple touch, sending shivers down his spine with his hot breath.

"That was a nice thing to see" the guy whispered on his neck "you act all cocky, but after all, you aren't bad. As I told you before, you probably have it in your blood, you are a businessman, and you care for your employees even if you say you don't. You are good at this Hyuk, I think you should work with hotels" the guy said before tightening the grip a bit, and placing a soft kiss on his shoulder. His heart skipped a beat and for a moment he believed he wasn't able to breathe at all. That guy was able to say and do things that made his heart race and he seemed to do it so effortlessly.

"You mean I should manage this hotel instead of going to the office?" the other nodded "but I never worked seriously and this is important, I don't think my father would let me".

"You said it yourself, you don't need this, then even if you fail you can simply put another person here to bring the hotel back, plus I really believe you can do perfectly fine. You have a nice strength and yet the sensibility of a young man" his voice was coming out warmer and softer than usual, it was so y that he had to think of something absolutely disgusting, like his old nanny completely , to stop himself from jumping on him. The bed looked quite cozy too, and totally worth trying in that way.

"Thank you…I'll think about it then, now stop being this clingy we have to keep working" he said touching the other's hands to make him move them. Donghae chuckled and let go of him only after kissing him on his neck quickly.

He blushed to the tips of his ears "yah! Don't act like this, and remember that every space in the hotel is controlled by surveillance cameras" he said placing his tablet and phone on the dresser, ready to move towards the bathroom.

"R…really? Even inside the rooms?" the other asked covering his mouth.

"No silly, only in the public areas, putting cameras inside rooms is forbidden and quite sick too" he explained finally opening the bathroom door.

"Then don't scare me, I can hug you inside the room at least. Woah this bathroom is bigger than my room, and it has a window" Donghae said popping his head inside. The bathroom was nice, a large shower was the main attraction, but the rest of the fittings were nice too. As they thought the carpets and even the towels were a nice shade of lavender color and the best part was the window.

"Yes this building is made in a way that every room has a window just like the bathrooms that are one close to the other for the easiest installation. There is an internal garden so that even the rooms on the other side have the same light and all the bathrooms have a window. But now let's go we have to check other things" he said patting his friend's shoulder.

~

They went around that floor, asking the staff to open some other room, even the ones with single beds because they wanted to verify if the other rooms were following the rules and if every set was matching the color chosen for the room. They went down the hallways to see if every part was in place and found something to report, like something in the electric system to correct or a door with a slightly crooked knob. Almost everything was in place, they needed to try out the restaurant on the first floor and to visit both the gym and the swimming pool, but doing it all in a day  was hard to do. They tried the services for the meals, both the buffet and the table service, one for lunch and the other for dinner, everything was made especially for them but it looked in place and the food was great. Donghae ate all so well that Hyukjae felt almost like congratulating him, like a mother.

The gathering with the staff was supposed to be short, but Donghae decided not to attend because "it wasn't his business" and promised him to wait in their room to hear from him what he decided.

~

"How was it? you look tired!" Donghae asked rolling on the bed over the door side, he was already wearing something similar to a pajama and he was playing with his phone.

"It's because I AM tired, I never worked this much" he replied sitting down on the bed "oh you already took a shower…" he added pouting. The other had such a fresh scent and his hair was still a bit wavy.

"Yes I was waiting here so I decided to make good use of the time, this way you can have a shower now"  he replied grinning. Hyukjae nodded and went directly to the bathroom, bringing with him his pajama. He didn't want to take off his clothes in front of the other, he didn't know why.

Once he came out of the bathroom he found Donghae playing again, sitting comfortably on his side of the bed. He realized at that moment that they were really going to sleep together. It felt strange, thinking of it he never slept with anybody; even when he had he never let the other stay with him for longer than an hour. He crawled on the bed and laid down next to his friend that smiled at him. "You know, I've never slept with anybody" he admitted.

"Me neither actually, even when I had a boyfriend we couldn't sleep together not even once…" Donghae replied, then he put his phone on the side table and moved down a bit to be at his height "I'm glad I'm doing it with you" he added. Oh god this guy says things like this so carelessly and he makes me all weird inside. He blushed "yah don't think of weird things!! It's just you told me you never had a friend to do things with and I'm glad I can be the first one… no. Never mind everything I say sounds bad" he said blushing and turning around seeing that Hyukjae couldn’t stop giggling by himself. He was right, he wasn't able to say things in a normal way, but he liked him like that, clumsy and cute. He got closer to him and rested his face on the other's shoulder.

"It's ok, I'm glad you are here too. Today I felt I was worth something and they told me I did a good job. It never happened to me, I like this staff, they are all young and hard working, I want to take care of them" he muttered feeling that the other was smiling. The only annoying thing about that moment was that…yes that bastard was right, Donghae can really make me a better person, and he can even make me work hard.

~

---------------------------

uuh there you go, another chapter, I find this cute :D