chapter 5

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

They went to the car feeling all relaxed and they jumped in almost immediately "Do you really want to go to your office?" Hyukjae asked, feeling that maybe the other had said those things only to make him shut up.

"Yes sure, I'll sign the contract for you, the sooner the better no?" he replied smiling "I'll put the address of the office on the navigator, because I don't know how to reach it from here" then he typed quickly the address on it. The navigator calculated the path and after looking at it closely, Hyukjae switched it off.

"Ok, let's go" he said.

"But…why did you…"

"I memorized the road and I have even a better route, so I don't need to hear it blabbing, it distract me" he answered starting the car and moving from there.

"Ah ok, I trust you" the other muttered, then he sat more comfortably and in few minutes, probably thanks to the silence, he fell asleep. Hyukjae noticed the other wasn't moving at all and looked at his side. So cute, he fell asleep with his mouth open. Donghae looked like a little angel, his long lashes were so dark and they were making a small shadow on his cheeks; his straight nose was moving a bit, probably he was dreaming, and the lips were parted and dark pink. Once they had to stop for a red light, Hyukjae tried to reach at the line gently, not to wake him up, then he turned around again, he was leaning over his side so he could see his whole face perfectly. He reached out an hand and poked gently his lips, they looked so full and soft. The guy smiled and he suddenly remembered the dream from that night. He withdrew his hand, his heart beating quickly, what am I doing? The other moved his mouth as if he was eating something, probably the touch almost woke him up. He looked more like a kitten than an angel actually, the only missing thing was him moving his tiny paws up…what the ? He turned around to look at the street and when the green light appeared he stepped quickly on the accelerator. They were about to arrive so it was important for the other to wake up.

They stopped in the parking lot under the palace with the office and looked at his side. Donghae was still sleeping, he was probably really tired, oh well of course he worked that morning and then he went out all the evening to play with him. You must be tired, he reached out and touched his shoulder, then he  shook it a bit "Yah, wake up, we are here!" he said trying to sound harsh, but failing.

"Uh sorry…I fell asleep" Donghae said brushing his eyes and looking around.

"Yeah…I saw that! You are such a good company…" he replied with annoyed voice, raising an eyebrow "let's go now"

~

"There you go, read it again if you want" Donghae said handing him the folder with the contract. He looked at the signature with sparkling eyes, he was able to make him sign, that was great, his mother was going to be happy with him at least. There was a tiny part of him that was happy for a another reason, Donghae trusted him enough to believe they were going to see each other again, he simply had to ask and the other did what he asked. It was a nice feeling. He smiled.

He flipped the pages "but these are so many!" he said pouting.

"Is the least you can do, come on I'm signing it you have to read it" the guy said, placing both his hands on the desk in front of him. Hyukjae wrinkled his nose but then he did as he was told. He read some things, it looked fine, then he stopped.

"Ah, you are blocking the price for us for two years? Are you sure?" he asked surprised, in a growing industry like the one they were in, it was such a privilege.

"Yes, but you promised to buy a double amount every six months, here…" Donghae said pointing at another page . that seemed fair, ok then we can do it after all.

"Then is all settled? Good!" he said grinning at him "I can go now…you'll handle this to have it delivered to the office?" he asked.

"Yes sure, no problem" the other replied smiling back.

"Ok then, see you when you come back, have fun in Jeju and don't work too much" he waved at him and went out, the guy didn't need a ride home because he lived nearby so he could just go back to his house. He was happy and felt refreshed, one problem was settled down, and he only needed to show off to his mother the day after.

~

He woke up late as always and went down to eat just in time for lunch. When he entered the room a cold shiver shook his whole body. There, sitting on a side of the table, was his father. Why is he here already? He didn't like him going and coming back without saying nothing. He wasn't ready for him.

"Uh look who gave us the privilege of showing up. I imagine it was impossible to find you at the office. Good morning sleeping beauty" the man said with a deadly glare, only his eyes showing behind the newspaper he was reading. He was harsh, just as always.

"I…I don't like going to the office you know it" he replied sitting down, his mother didn't even spare him a glance.

"Of course, because you are useless" his father stated.

"But at least I made Donghae sign the contract yesterday" he said clenching his fists under the table. His father was always able to make him feel like nothing, like a piece of .

"Oh my, you trusted him with that important matter? I told you to deal with the Lee family yourself" the man said referring to his wife.

"Of course, I prepared and signed the contract…everything was settled, we had a deal with mr. Lee, he was only going to sign it after a bit, because he needed some pictures taken. It wasn't a big deal, even Hyukjae could do it" she replied reaching out an hand to caress the one of her husband.

"But I convinced him…" he muttered, knowing that no one was going to listen to him anyway.

"I want to see you at the office, I hate having a lazy son like you, if you are this ineffective at least you can control the balances" his father said after a bit. He didn't know what to reply so he just nodded, still hiding his clenched fists under the table. They ate almost silently, and he prayed the whole time to just disappear in thin air. He disliked being with his mother, but being with both his parents was hell. He didn't understood why they always disliked him so much. He wasn't the son they wanted, he wasn't one of those people ready to bend his head  and always do what their parents said. It was their fault, they didn't love him enough and he grew up like that, always alone, without real caresses, his father always working and not wanting him close…his mother always too concerned about appearance. He finished his meal and run away, directly to his car, he wanted him at the office? Fine he was going there then.

~

When he arrived there was already a stack of documents on his desk, tsk, he doesn't waste time. It was going to be a boring evening, he already knew that. His only chore was to control if every number in the balance was right, to be submitted it needed to be done three times at least, the second stage was to control if the numbers were calculated well, and  he was in that one. He started to look at the first paper. They seemed fine, he did a calculation and he realized he was doing it wrong again, he remembered what Donghae had told him and did it again. He saw that almost all the numbers were right, only few of them needed to be corrected, so he typed them on the pc.

He was feeling lonely and tired when the time to go home arrived. His back hurt for keeping the same position for so much, and he ended up having his neck stiff. He jumped on the elevator, everybody bowing at him was making him annoyed as always.

He was patting his neck when the elevator door opened again, unluckily his father and another man entered and saw him. He hoped not to meet him but it was nearly impossible apparently." Oh look my poor son is tired of doing nothing all the day" the man said, chuckling. He was mocking him in front of someone else and the only thing he could do was smile lightly and bow to them. He didn't like that atmosphere at all, and the air inside that narrow room was so dry. The other man didn't say much but he seemed bothered by that statement because it was a hard situation for him, he couldn’t say he disagreed not to offend his CEO, but at the same time he couldn’t even offend his son.

As soon as the elevator stopped at the parking floor he flew out, not wanting to see that man's face for a minute more. He bowed and almost run away. He reached his car and tried to open it, his hands were trembling so much, he was on the edge, he hated him so much, and he was able to make him feel so little. He realized that he was crying the moment a tear hit his hand in the desperate tentative to open that damn door. He wiped his eyes and jumped in, I don't want to eat with those idiots today.

He drove for miles without resting a tiny bit, he stayed in the car for two hours and he only re his way home when he felt he was starting to feel dizzy from hunger. He had to stop in a restaurant to pick something fast to eat because he knew he wasn't allowed to do it at home at that hour, and as soon as he was finished he started the car again.

He arrived in the parking lot of his house, he stopped the car and stayed there for another five minutes, looking at the windows to understand where his parents were. They seemed to be in the living room, fine I can pass in front of them without being noticed. And like that he did, walking quickly in the hall to reach the stairs and finally his room.

~

He fell down on his bed, his shirt semi opened, the jacket on the floor. He messed up his hair with both hands trying to think of something else, but he didn't know what to do, he only wanted to talk to someone, to be comforted…having his father there wasn't enough…he also had to treat him like in front of other people, remembering him he wasn't the son he wanted. What could he do? He had no friends to talk to in those situations, and he didn't want to call his sister, she was probably at school at that hour. He looked at his phone…what if?

- already sleeping?- he typed without thinking, but then he stopped, was it right to talk to Donghae? Probably it wasn't, but he really needed to hear something from him, he was feeling so lonely and he was the only one that came to his mind, plus that guy always had the right words. He decided to send it anyway, after all, if he was sleeping it wasn't a problem.

- sorta, did something happen?- was the reply he received. What to do now? should I bother him for real? Come on Hyukjae be a man, you looked for him.

 - Yes, can I call you? Or are you busy…- he wrote quickly. He wanted to hear his voice so much. Suddenly the phone started ringing, he was calling him. No way, I told him I was going to call him, why is he…ah annoying. He stopped the call without answering, and almost immediately he received another message.

- You said you wanted to talk, why did you close? - he then typed his number in and called the other. "Hello?" ah the voice of Donghae was such a nice thing to hear.

"I told you I was going to call you…I didn't want you to spend too much…" he said shyly.

"Ah but…it's ok, I don't spend much with calls, tell me what happened, I was surprised…" Donghae said, his voice was a bit hoarse, probably he did wake him up. I'm sorry.

"My father came back…" he muttered, the other made an oh sound but wasn't able to reply anything, he understood maybe that their relationship wasn't good. They kept being silent for a bit and he decided to add something "he made me feel like I'm good for nothing…as always".

"Sorry to hear that, you didn't know he was coming back?" the guy asked, he sounded concerned, but probably he was just being kind to him. At least someone was forcing himself to be kind, even if he didn’t deserve it.

"No he surprised us…you know what he told me? That I'm useless to the company and I can only do the revision of the balance…not even the last stage" he said bothered, he was starting to feel the rage grow up inside him again.

"Ah…the balance is important too and…oh well he is your father maybe he only wants you to work hard"  why was he that nice? He was trying to justify his father even if he didn't know him. You are supposed to be on my side only Donghae. He pouted.

"Then you think it was necessary to make me feel like a loser in front of one of our employees? He told me I shouldn't have been tired because I did nothing all day" he explained raising his voice a bit. Donghae remained silent for a bit then he finally let him hear his soft voice again.

"Ok, that wasn't fair, doing the balance is pretty stressful you need to be extremely concentrated and plus the same position for hours. You were really tired he shouldn't have said that, especially in front of a stranger…even less if it was an employee" the other's voice sounded maybe a bit angry for the first time. Oh yeah, he was bothered maybe he really was on his side after all.

"You should have seen the face of the man…he didn't know if kiss his or show pity to me…I guess it can't be helped, I'm not the son he wanted…I'm lazy and I never acted as they wanted…" he started, the other was listening to him quietly so he just continued "you know I've always acted like a spoiled brat…but they were the ones at fault and the ones that spoiled me…I always had everything I wanted but there was no love...Hae I'm always alone and they don't even care if I'm really ok, not enough smiles to me, not enough caresses" he started to cry without realizing it and he didn't even care to hide his sobs.

"Yah, Hyukjae…are you crying now?" Donghae asked trying to make him think of something else. But it wasn't working.

"No I'm not…sorry if I'm bothering you with this nonsense in the middle of the night…I really had no one else to talk to…sob…it not having any friends" he said brushing his eyes, hoping to stop crying really soon.

"You are the one that doesn't let people get closer to you" Donghae scolded him. It wasn't true, he only wanted to have real people around, but he always had to meet fake friends.

"I couldn't…I tried but they all hated me at first…because I was a child a bit different, always well dressed and I couldn't do some games because my mother told me not to, and I couldn't go to parties. Growing up was..." he sniffed and swallowed because his mouth was getting too watery, trying to suffocate the sobs but still crying "it was even harder because I was treated differently by the teachers and the guys or girls getting closer to me were always after my money. Everybody is after my money…no one cares about my heart, and I built a wall" he said feeling extremely sad, saying those things out loud, he never told them to anybody. How he really felt, only he knew it. He didn't even know if he could have trusted Donghae, but he was there and he was listening, and if he was going to betray him…oh well he didn't expect anything different.

"But I'm after your money too" Donghae muttered "what makes me different from the others?" that question made his heart ache so much. He was? Right…he is.

"I have only you right now…it's ok, you want my money? Take it…but let me vent for a bit" he whispered, not believing his words. He only wanted someone to talk to, why it had to be that hard, he was unpleasant he knew it, but he only wanted to be with someone.

"I don't need your money…"

"I'm sorry…I shouldn't have called…I needed to talk to someone and you must be tired…I'll close ok?" he said and he was ready to close when the other called him again.

"Hyukjae…yah…don't close! Listen to me, I'm about to say something really weird and cheesy, just to make you feel better ok?" Donghae said, he only muttered something to make him continue "listen to me carefully because I won't say it again…Hyukjae if you were here with me, I would hug you tightly and caress your hair, just to make you stop crying" he finally said, his voice soft like a cloud, so deep that it felt like he could have drowned in it. His heart skipped a beat, and his tears stopped immediately. That was such a cheesy thing to say, but he was sure his goosebumps weren't because of disgust, he liked it a lot instead. "Ahahah Hyukjae are you still there? Did it make you laugh at least?" the guy said, he was totally trying to make him feel better. His voice was hoarse, probably it was too much for him to say that.

"If I was there it would have been way better. I would totally let you do it now, I'm feeling so lonely that a hug would be great. I would just curl up clinging to you" he said softly. the pride, it was what he was thinking. Being in his arms, those strong arms, maybe resting on his nice chest. His toes curled in pleasure at the simple thought of it. Ah Donghae what a cheesy thing you said and made me say.

"UH? You surprised me…I thought you were going to tell me to off. I guess you are feeling really down, not even the spirit to mock me" his voice was trembling a bit, but he sounded cute like that. He was surprised, of course, he was.

"Why? I liked it, it was cheesy but heartwarming, and thank you, it made me smile" he was resting on a side, his knees near his chest, the phone was on the pillow and he was resting near it, so that he didn't have to keep holding it. He was feeling all excited, smiling like an idiot with his eyes still wet. Actually, if Donghae was there with him…he didn't know if a hug would have been enough.

"Then if you'll be good those next two days, when I'll come back I'll come to visit you" Donghae said, almost sounding like an older brother.

"First thing when you come to Seoul?" he asked quickly.

"Yes…first thing, yah Hyukjae…are you feeling better now?" he was sounding every word more sleepy. It was time to say goodbye.

"Yes, thank you…ah our phone calls always end up being weird"

"Yeah it's your fault…and don't have wet dreams about me again"

"Too late…plus I can't really control my dreams"

"Then make chaste dreams about me, hugs are ok" he was funny, how could he only dream about hugs if he wanted to him senselessly on his bed…or even on the floor for what it mattered.

"Ahahaha ok then, I'll try"

"Goodnight Hyukjae" Donghae whispered, sending shivers down his spine.

"Goodnight…ah Donghae? Thank you…really" he said shyly, whatever they were the closest thing to friends he ever had, he was just trying to act natural at least with him.

The guy chuckled softly, blowing some air in the microphone "Don't mention it, goodnight" he said before finally ending the call.

Hyukjae felt his heart beating so fast, it wasn't for the words they said, the conversation was a joke he knew it…but the fact he was actually able to talk with him like that, and being comforted by him.

I'm gonna survive these two days and I'll have my prize when he comes back. I wonder if he'll hug me for real, oh well I don’t care, the important thing is he wants to come see me on Monday, even if the contract is signed, and we have no apparent reason to see each other. He said he was going to come. And he listened to my vent. He smiled and kicked the hair like a happy child, actually like the happy child he was.

It was weird feeling like that, but then…Hyukjae don't believe too much in this, he is just being kind, enjoy the moment but don't get your hopes up. He was torn, but who wouldn't have been? After so many failures, after so many expectations.

He was going to sleep, no thinking anymore, it was pointless, and anyway enjoining the happiness was way better.

~

He slept gorgeously that night, even tho avoiding wet dreams was nearly impossible, his call with Donghae was simply too much. The first thing he did once he woke up was indeed bother the other guy - what if we had phone …my dreams are uncontrollably wild already- it wasn't even true but he liked to make fun of the other.

- Hyukjae behave! I'm having a meeting right now, you promised to be good- the other was probably joking with him, probably he was even smiling at his weird good morning message. He was going to leave him be, since he was working, but that didn't mean he wasn't waiting for that Monday to come.

- YES SIR! - he replied smiling, then he finally went to take a shower, feeling that he was ready to act well all day, just because someone gave him some strength, just the right amount he needed.

~

---------------------

Uuh I liked this chapter, and missed it, I hope you'll like it too <3