chapter 2

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

"I thought you weren't going to return" he said rising both his eyebrows when the guy sat down in front of him. He wasn't wearing a suit but a pair of jeans, actually to be honest, a nice pair of fit jeans that made his legs look good, and a weird colorful shirt. He tilted his head and looked at him.

"Your mother called so many times and mine forced me to come again, but since you were impolite I didn't make an appointment, coming here freely as a fake friend would do. Yah why are you looking at me like that?" Donghae said noticing the look the other was giving him.

"Uh? Nothing I was asking myself if you bought that shirt in a shop without lights…I mean seriously, I told you to wear casual clothes but this…" he answered. What were those? Flowers on his shirt? Amazing, how could a single guy have so much bad taste?

"Never mind my clothes, are you going to be this unpleasant every time we meet?" Donghae asked crossing his arms "what kind of host treats his guests like this? I'm supposed to be the peasant here" he surely was able to make people bothered only by looking at him.

"Oh sorry, I'm such a bad person" he chanted "let me bring you something to drink" he added, then he pushed a small button on a remote that was on the table and looked back at him. Donghae had a surprised expression so he had to explain "it's a way to call the maids" he said pointing at the remote. The maid came after a few minutes, ready to take the order "we want two orange juices" Hyukjae said, of course without even caring to ask his guest what he'd have liked to drink.

"About the sugar?" she asked.

"Do it like mine" he quickly answered sending her away, then he turned to look at Donghae "uh sorry, I was supposed to ask you how you liked it…maybe even if you wanted orange juice, such a bad host I am" he said then he put a fake smile on his face. Donghae chuckled and looked away, leaning back on the chair.

Looking at him closely, he wasn't even that bad, nice eyes and nose, curled-up lips, and a nice neck. He tried not to look but he couldn't resist. Luckily the other didn't notice and when the maid came back with the two glasses he had already focused on something else in the garden, far from them. The woman put both glasses on the table and after bowing she left them alone again. Donghae as a gentleman he has thanked her, instead Hyukjae only shrugged and started to drink his juice.

"Eek it's extremely sweet, how can you drink something like this?" the guy said after a short sip from his own glass. Hyukjae looked up at him, his face was hilarious, his eyes almost closed, and his mouth was curved downwards imperceptibly; he chuckled biting the straw, looking at him in a mischievous way.

"I'm sorry if it's too sweet for you…I drink it like this because I'm delicate" he said giggling to himself. He could be so childish sometimes but he didn't care "if you don't want it you can simply leave it" he added after a while taking another sip.

 "I don't like to waste food usually, so I'll just drink like this, even if it's ridiculously sweet" the other guy said sitting more comfortably and drinking more, even if he didn't like it his face didn't show it at all.

"Again with this story? Are you here to remind me you are such a perfect guy that works hard for what he has? I have everything I want, why should I work hard to get what is already mine?" they were going to argue again for sure. He didn't want to argue with him, because somehow that guy was able to make him feel guilty, a tiny bit maybe, but still guilty. He had lost his father already, because of too much work, he was now a young CEO and he cared for his company more than himself, while him…he was actually a spoiled brat.

"Don't you feel incomplete like this? I mean working makes you feel like a man, you feel useful for your family…" Donghae said being even able to finish his drink. Waa, you surely are amazing, amazingly annoying.

"You are boring, I'll go swimming instead of sitting here with you" Hyukjae said taking off his tank top and starting to walk away. Before turning around he noticed that the guy was surprised, probably because of his behavior, but he liked to think he was mesmerized by his fit body. He reached the border and without thinking he jumped in, swimming a bit, going underwater, and feeling all his body being refreshed. After a bit he turned around t look in Donghae's direction and surprisingly he found him getting rid of his shoes; he got closer to the edge of the pool and crossing his arms on it he looked up "what are you doing?" he asked.

Donghae sat on the grass and rolled up his jeans a bit, then he scooted over and put both his feet in the fresh water "I don't have a swimsuit so I can put only my feet in the water. Or are you afraid I may get your pool dirty with my poverty?" Donghae answered, his voice a bit dry. Hyukjae realized that his attitude was probably too direct sometimes, because he didn't mean it like that for the first time, yet the other took it the wrong way. He sighed and looked at him.

"No, it's ok…you could even be in your underwear, I mean it can't be worst than what you are wearing anyway" he wanted to be a bit gentle, but he ended up saying something unpleasant again. Oh well, he wasn't able to be kind, maybe it was because he never had the chance to be like that with a friend.

"Always nice, eh?" he started, then he stopped and looked at him in a weird way. Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, why is he looking at me like that? suddenly something hit his eye, like a strange light and he had to cover his face with one hand "there is some sort of reflection on your face" Donghae said.

He looked through the bushes and trees and saw where it was coming from, on a tree out of their fence there was probably a reporter taking pics of him and the light was hitting his lens. How annoying "it's a reporter" he muttered and he was ready to turn around when  a small shadow covered his face; he looked up, Donghae was using his hand to protect his face from the reflection, he gulped "w…what are you doing?"

The guy smiled softly, maybe he didn't even notice he was doing it "this way it won't go in your eyes" he said still looking down at him. Hyukjae felt his cheeks getting warm and before they could become red he turned around.

"This way we won't look like friends…but lovers, don't do cheesy things only because there is a reporter, the fact you are here is more than enough for him to believe we are friends" then he washed his face in the water and brushed his hair back using his long fingers. The other guy sighed and laid down, his back on the grass, his feet still in the water.

"You complain too much" he said, but this time he was calm at least. Maybe I can convince him to sign the contract so that I don't have to be kind to him anymore. He came out of the pool, dripping water everywhere, especially on Donghae's whole body, before laying down close to him, facing the bright sky. "Yah, was it even necessary?"

"You are going to be dry in no time, plus is not like they can be ruined…actually that shirt, it would be a blessing if it was ruined. I can't believe I'm in a pic with a guy wearing flowers" yes nice try Hyukjae, I'm sure he is going to think you are funny  and not rude.

Donghae sat down suddenly "don't you think you could cut it off? I mean is even necessary to be this annoying every five minutes? I told you already that my clothes are like this because I can't spend money on them like you" he was annoyed again.

"It's a matter of taste, you lack it completely…don't bring back the story of your poor father working so hard and you being like a martyr for your employees" he said with a harsh tone, it wasn't like he didn't understand it, it was just that for him it was simply stupid, how could a man that wanted to become important be that shabby?

"You know what? I tried, I really gave you another chance, but if you were at least educated I could be your fake friend…like this, it is impossible for me" the guy said sitting down and putting his jeans back to normal, then he stood up and once he took his shoes he started to walk away. Hyukjae blinked three times before being able to realize what was happening. Once again he was going home like that? My mum is going to kill me this time for sure, it sounded so much like my last chance. He quickly stood up to reach him, the guy was walking fast but his legs were long enough. Uff annoying, following him like this, I don't like to do these things.

He reached out a hand and grabbed the guy's arm "Hey, do you really need to perform those epic exits every time? Wait" he said, tightening the grip. That arm, it was so strong and he could feel the muscles flexing under his touch. The other turned around to face him, his deadly glare was like creating holes in his face. He smiled nervously, trying not to look at him, Donghae could be quite scary if he wanted.

"It's your fault, you are so unpleasant" a few words in a harsh tone, he was ready to reply with the same feeling, but suddenly he heard a weird sound coming from behind him. He froze and without realizing he grabbed the guy's arm again. What was that sound? Someone is in the garden…I can't stay here.

"Can…can we continue this argument inside?" he said, his voice trembling a bit. Donghae frowned, not understanding if something was wrong or not.

"What's happening?" he asked tilting his head.

"Nothing, I want to go inside now…can you take me inside?" he was looking absently in front of him, the only thing he could see was Donghae's shirt, all those tiny flowers mixing in his eyes.

"Ok…" he replied calmly "I think you should take the documents with you, let me go take them" he said moving the trembling hand of Hyukjae from his arm and jogging towards the table. He, instead, stayed immobile, not even looking around, his fake friend was there so it was ok, and he was just a few steps away.

Once the other guy came back with the papers they started to walk, Donghae was behind him a few steps, he was silent, probably because he understood something was strange in his cocky friend.

~

They reached the house and he quickly closed the door behind him, without a word he started to walk towards his room, the other man following  him, still holding the documents. They didn't say a word, they only walked close to each other silently. He didn't want to talk, he only wanted to reach his room and close the door behind him, he knew it wasn't rational at all to act like that, but he couldn't help, he was suddenly scared.

Once in the room, he waited only the time necessary for Donghae to enter before closing the door, he had to fight with his body not to lock it, as he unwillingly let go of the knob. He took a deep breath and turned around to face the other "thank you…I guess" he muttered scratching his head.

Donghae blinked twice, then placed the documents on the desk and walked towards him "what happened?" he looked a bit worried, but no, it wasn't possible, they weren't friends, no one was ever really worried for him. He shrugged and passing by the other he reached the window. The curtains were closed, as usual during the hottest hours of the day, he moved one a bit and looked down in the garden suspiciously, he had to search well, then finally he focused on something or better someone. A shiver down his spine, it was just the reporter from before maybe, but the fact he was inside his garden made him uncomfortable. He let go of the curtain and turned to look at his guest again.

"Just…the reporter from before…he jumped inside, the maids are going to see him and call the cops" he tried to act normal as if his behavior from before was something easy to forget.

"They enter like this in your property?" Donghae said crossing the room with big steps and looking himself out of the window, noticing that the man was already being dragged away by two… butlers? A bit more maybe.

"Yes, they want all the scoops for them" he said shrugging again and flying on his bed, face down. He felt tired, that situation put him in such fear that he wasn't able to handle it anymore "let's forget this thing ok? Why don't we try to act like friends?" he muffled on the pillows. He didn't want him to go away, his mother wasn’t at home, the maids were there, yes, and even his bodyguards but he wanted someone in his room, someone with a comfortable look, not a wardrobe with legs.

"You are weird…I'm sure something happened before, you looked so scared" Donghae said sitting down on the bed close to him. The intimacy he was showing wasn't surely something real in their actual relationship, but still, he could bare with it a bit.

He rolled up to face him "I don't tell such things to non-friend people, I'm sorry" his usual smirk was back and in fact, the expression on the other's face changed into a more resigned one.

"Then let's be friends…ask me something and know me better! Hyukjae right? " he nodded " you didn't even bother to ask if I wanted to drink orange juice…not even if I liked it"

"Everybody should drink orange juice" he interrupted

"That's not the point if we want to act like friends, not actually being ones if you don't want, you need at least to know something about me…in your case, I can find an encyclopedia about what you like to do, or to eat or to wear because press writes about you often" he tried to explain to his bored host.

"You want me to ask questions then? Fine! What's your favorite color?" he joked, thinking the other wasn't going to reply anyway, yet the guy surprised him.

"I like blue, but what kind of question is this? Are you making fun of me now? You really are able to annoy me, it's a talent, you should show it to people around you" Donghae said snorting. It was like they were doomed, not being compatible at all, they just needed to argue. He knew it was mostly his fault but he couldn't help being an .

"More serious questions? Let's see…so you are gay?" he asked raising an eyebrow and looking at him with a smirk. It wasn't even a real question.

The guy opened his eyes wide and furrowed "wha…what?" he was blushing lightly, and Hyukjae found it funny, instead of understanding it was just the right time to stop his teasing, he insisted.

"I'm just trying to know if you are gay, or if you still think you are straight, that's all" he decided to sit up to look better at him, crossing his arms and acting as his usual know-it-all self. He knew the guy in front of him was gay, he was sure of it, he gave him a strange vibe from the first moment they met.

"This is quite a personal question don't you think? Don't raise that eyebrow at me…I don't think you need to know if I'm straight or not" Donghae was serious but his voice was trembling a bit, he was embarrassed, and to be totally honest he looked quite cute like that.

"You wanted me to be more friendly, for me, it's important to know because we have to be together in public and I don't want any scandal" Hyukjae said.

"You know what? Yes I am, but don't worry I would never flirt with you not in private and even less in public. Happy now?" the guy's cheeks were definitely pink, he closed his eyes a bit while saying that and he scooted on the bed to sit a bit far from him. Once he had said all that he looked away with a bothered expression "now I told you something personal, you should do the same" he muttered resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"I don't see why…You wanted to be closer not me, I won't tell you about what happened out there" he answered, he was calm, not mocking him because seeing how embarrassed he was, he felt slightly guilty. It was amazing how that guy could be so fresh, so sincere even if he was probably one of the worst fake friends in the whole world. He even wanted to say sorry to him, especially when he sighed and shrugged as if to say "whatever". He decided then to reveal something about him, something that almost nobody knew " I like guys too" he whispered. Donghae turned around widening his eyes "no one knows so keep it for yourself" he added immediately.

On the guy's face a small smile appeared, then he frowned again "but you had so many girlfriends, where those fake too?" he asked. Hyukjae sighed and closed his eyes.

"Yes they were, a bit for my mum to be happy and other times because reporters take pics in weird moments putting me with whoever is around…at least that was useful to hide the fact I prefer other things…you know" he explained. His life was miserable sometimes, he was rich, he had all he wanted and yet he wasn't free to have a lover…already a year had passed from the last time he was able to have with a guy, how annoying could that be? The more he became popular the less freedom he got. He was only able to meet a stupid girl that had with him while he was drunk some months before…probably it was the same day as the taxi; he wasn't sure, the only thing he remembered was a kiss mark on his neck the morning he woke up in his own bed completely with a girl's number written on his forearm. About him being in the taxi…oh well he only discovered it on the news.

"This " Donghae said without thinking, then he covered his mouth "oh sorry, I didn't mean to…is just I don't keep it secret, it's my private life and I don't need to tell the press about it" he said, for the first time he was totally relaxed, and his voice was so warm and smooth.

"I know, but I'm not free like you..pff happy now? This feels like girls talk, let's stop, you are giving me goosebumps" he said and stood up, just to get away from him, because he was feeling too comfortable in his presence and he didn't want to think they were starting to be friends because he was surely going to be disappointed in future, just like the other times.

"Yes, I'm happy because this was the first time you spoke sincerely to me" Donghae said grinning, scratching his head in embarrassment, his neck showing a bit. Ah that shirt is ugly as , you could look way hotter if you wore real clothes.

"You intended to come to visit me again soon?" he asked suddenly. The guy looked at him with a huge questioning mark painted on his face  "don't look at me like that, if we have to act like friends I want at least to know our schedule together".

"Pff, as if you actually were a busy person, I work during the morning almost every day but I have some free afternoons, like tomorrow for example…did you have something in mind?" the guy said after giggling.

"I was thinking to go out, like showing off our friendship a bit, I'm sure the pics from today will be out tomorrow morning, if not this evening on the internet, so let's give them more" it seemed a smart idea, going out, more pics taken, more news about their friendship and eventually less time to spend with him in the future.

"I'm sure you have something in mind besides this…just tell me already" Donghae answered standing up and getting closer to him, then he looked at his watch "fast too because I should head back soon, I spend some hours at the office after the closing time" you, Lee Donghae are so boring.

"I want to buy you real clothes, I can't bear to be on the news with you wearing such…" he moved his hand quickly in front of him "such a thing"

"I don't need you to buy me clothes!" the guy was starting to get nervous again and he needed to calm things down, remembering the contract was still on the line.

"Don't get mad, I just want to go shopping and make you try something on, this will look totally like brothers' time no? plus it's just a present, why can't I buy you a present?" he explained and luckily the expression on the other softened a bit; he was already imagining how many people would have gathered out of the shop if they were both in, plus looking at the guy's figure real clothes were going to bring out some nice shapes.

Donghae massaged the bridge of his nose and sighed "deal! But…where should we meet? And when?"

"Give me your number and I'll let you know tomorrow, maybe I can even come to pick you up with my car" he said without thinking much and taking out his phone. Donghae did as he was asked to and after a while he went home.

~

It had been a nice evening so far, the only problem was that bad feeling in the garden, he usually avoided being alone outside but that day he had thought that it wasn't that bad. I'm not going to do it ever again.

He was browsing the internet with his phone when suddenly he decided to look for news about him. There it was, his pic with Donghae was already between hot news on main sites. They looked like friends because they were close, there was the one with him in the pool, and the reporter was able to take the moment when they were looking at each other; then the one with Donghae's hand covering his face, that one looked incredibly cute. He smiled, then he realized what he was doing and immediately turned serious. There was one with them laying on the grass close to each other and then the last one with him grabbing  Donghae's arm, under that one there was written something about a short argument between the two, but that he suddenly followed his friend showing a new side of him, "a caring Hyukjae that prefers to say sorry". Bull, I just need his contract. But then he smiled again, it was working, they looked like friends and they looked nice together. He closed the browser and looked for Donghae's number.

-"Have you seen the pics? You came out well…it's a shame you were wearing that shirt :P" - he typed and sent without even reading it again. After a bit, his phone vibrated on the desk. He looked at it not hoping that Donghae replied to him.

-"But look how caring I seem covering your face…I make such a good fake friend. It's already this late btw, don't send me messages at this hour I need to sleep. See you tomorrow, good night :)" - was his reply. It made him smile actually, that guy, he seemed nice, it was a pity they didn't have much in common.

Stupid dorkI won't even reply to this, good night…and even putting a smiley.

He rolled over his bed and smiled again. At least he didn't risk the contract to be ended again, maybe he was going to convince him the day after. See mum, I'm not a good-for-nothing like you think.

~