chapter 35

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

"Headache pills, really?" Donghae asked taking the small box from his hands. Hyukjae shrugged, and took them back.

"I think those will be fine" plus they didn't need a prescription so he was able to take them without asking the lady in front of the register, they always tend to ask too many questions, of course it was their job, but he didn't want to tell her where the pain was coming from to be sure he was taking the right pill.

Donghae bended just enough to brush his ear with his lips and whispered "wouldn't you prefer some painkillers for menstrual cramps baby" he just said that, smirking, and walked away, faking to look at something else on the shelf. Hyukjae froze, what a joke, he blushed to the tips of his ears, a special burning spot right where Donghae's lips were a second before. He wanted to kill him, embarrassing him like that, he walked towards his lover and placed the box in his hands pouting.

"You buy these… I'll go find food" then he walked away. He walked towards a non specific destination, he kept turning corners, avoiding people and carts. He was frustrated, what kind of joke was that, he wasn't a woman, he had no men-ing-struations  oh well he had the men ing part maybe , but that was all, and surely it was another thing. He didn't know why that joke made him that hurt, ah bad choice of words again, he perfectly knew why his but hurt, but yet he didn't know why the pain he felt was in his chest. He reached out an hand, he clenching his fist he beat his chest three times, come on Hyukjae it was just a joke, why does it bother you this much?.

Then he realized that it was his pride to be hurt, the same pride that crashed into pieces the moment he heard a faint "Hyukjae" coming from his left. Hae. He turned around slowly and saw him, his boyfriend was panting, holding a small plastic bag in his hand, while he was resting his weight on his bended knees with the other, looking at him with sad worried eyes.

"I looked for you anywhere near the pharmacy…." He panted trying to stand up straight again "what are you doing here? I thought you went looking for food…then…ah" he had to stop because his voice got suddenly hoarse and two big tears had fallen from his eyes. That was the moment Hyukjae woke up definitely, seeing where he was, da , baby toys? How did I even ended up here? He walked towards Donghae slowly, the other was trying to keep his sobs, still looking at him with wide opened eyes "…I thought you left the mall" he finally said sniffling.

Hyukjae cupped the other's face with one hand and immediately he felt warm all over, the moment Donghae looked deeply in his eyes and leaned slowly over his hand "of course I haven't, how could I?" he replied pouting.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you before Hyuk, I didn't meant to be offensive" he said sobbing again, he was still finding hard to breath "I…I bought you the pills for girls…" he added showing him the plastic bag with the box "once a friend told me that those are really effective, especially if the pain is local and strong. I was just joking I didn't meant to make it sound as I was mocking you…especially after what we've done. I thought you thought that I was saying it because you…" Hyukjae stopped his confused words reaching out is other hand to cup his lover's face and placing a short kiss on his lips.

", I love you so much Hae" he whispered, then he rested his forehead on the guy's shoulder, placing one hand on his chest, on his heart "calm down now…I'm the one who misunderstood, and thank you for buying those for me, you had to ask them to the woman there right?" Donghae nodded, sniffling again, finally calming down, he chuckled "it must have been embarrassing" he said.

"They are for you, so I wasn't embarrassed, but there was a problem with the client before me and it took me too much there, when I saw you disappearing from my sight…I was scared" he admitted kissing his head.

"Sorry, is just that this whole thing sometimes feels like it's new to me once again, me…you, our love, and now we have a house, and after what I said…you are the first one that ever did that to me and admitting that I like it wasn't hard, because it was you. But I said it without thinking much so…now suddenly I realized that maybe it sounded to you like I wanted to be some kind of girl, and I was hurt and…oh god I'm such an idiot " he ended up saying seeing how Donghae's eyes became sad again "don't cry again, I'm stupid"

Donghae grabbed his waist strongly and pulled him closer "I'll say this once and once only so listen to me carefully, ok?" Hyukjae nodded "you are my man, not my girlfriend, not my boyfriend, my man, the only man I've met in my life, the only one that makes my heart flutter, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. The man I love and worship, the man that can't be any less of it not even when I'm inside him. Hyukjae I feel like you are making love to me every time, it doesn't matter the position we have,  or who is inside who, I do it because you asked me, because it makes you scream out my name, making my heart burst. And I'll never…ever think that you are under me in some way, not even if we keep doing this forever" he said that all with a dead serious look in his eyes, looking directly at him, making him shiver at every word, making his heart race "understood?" Hyukjae nodded again, not being able to tear his look away from those eyes. The only ones that could really see inside him. The eyes of my man, how pretty they are.

"Thank you" He said pushing him away slowly "let's go find food now" once he smoothened the wrinkles on his shirt and he had adjusted his hair he looked up again and grinned " it's better if we hurry up, I really need to eat before going back to work, and you have to meet the girl form the house to settle the payment" he said reaching out his hand, asking the other to grab it.

~

They walked finally towards the food, not forgetting to stop by a certain section to buy a small rag and some spray sanitizer, they weren't going to eat where they ed without cleaning it. Every step he took holding his boyfriend's hand he felt like walking on clouds, he felt so light and happy. He knew he was silly sometimes, he was sorry he had to make the other confirm his feelings like that, but it was better to talk about things than keeping them inside, and he learnt that long before.

"Should we buy noodles?" Donghae said looking at one multiple pack.

"Nothing too spicy" he replied looking around too, finding a nice pack with a yellow pot sealed with it "this would be perfect" he said crouching down. The other crouched down beside him.

"I thought you liked spicy food" he said surprised.

"Not when I'm in pain" he replied grinning and sticking out his tongue, making the other blush.

"Oh…ok, that would be fine…should we look for chopsticks too?" he asked looking away and starting o walk. Cute, he is embarrassed.

"No, I want to buy them calmly, we'll just ask for the plain wooden ones at the cash register" he said taking the pack of noodles and walking happily towards his boyfriend again "I want some fruit too, and maybe a beer would be nice, ah we need some paper cups then" he said walking quickly, he liked that feeling, shopping with Donghae was nice, he was totally looking forward to do it again.

Once they arrived in front of the check-out they realized that the lady kept looking at them while passing their products really slowly " something on my face?" Hyukjae asked annoyed.

"Oh nothing…" the woman replied looking down. She was that mesmerized by them that she even forgot to greet them properly.

"Yes" he said sighing "we are the ones on the magazine's cover" he ended. The woman looked up widening her eyes "did we came out well…us too?" he added smiling, grabbing Donghae's arm to make him stand right next to his side.

The woman was silent for a second "it's 22.000 won, and yes mister, you came out well, but you definitely look better in person" she said smiling back. Hyukjae was surprised, she had been nice, he thought she was about to ignore him again, to be embarrassed for him. He took out the money, after poking Donghae with his elbow, since he was about to pay.

"Do you think so?" he asked while the lady was putting the money away and looking for his change.

"Definitely" she replied placing the rest on the small horizontal surface in front of them "you two really look good together, and I was happy when I read that you admitted publicly being a couple. There is nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to love" she added, then she realized maybe she had been too direct "I'm sorry…I didn't meant to be rude" she admitted. She was probably his mother's age, and she was afraid she might had been rude with him.

"Please, lady, don't be sorry. I'm glad you said that. Have a nice day" he said grabbing their plastic bag and bowing to her, the same did Donghae, smiling too, probably melting the woman's heart, judging by the way she brought a hand to her chest and smiled back. They walked away, again hand in hand, feeling even happier than before.

~

They arrived at their apartment, smiling the moment they opened the door, our house, he breathed heavily, it already smelled like them, it was great. They cooked the noodles after washing the pot, not forgetting to add some green onion to it, it made it taste more like home "I've always wanted to cook in one of these" he said stirring the noodles with the chopsticks, luckily the woman gave them without having to ask, it was normal when buying food for them to give away some chopsticks too.

"Why?" Donghae asked getting closer.

"I never had one of these pots at home…you know this is quite cheap and mom doesn't like it…" he said before tasting the food, seeing that I was finally cooked.

"Ah, I see, I had a lot of these when I was a kid, we couldn't effort the others…but they are still the better for the ramyun and they heat up really quickly so it's easier to save some gas using them" Donghae replied, his eyes looking a bit nostalgic, probably remembering their first house, probably remembering his family when his father was  still around.

"Now we have one too and we'll use it too cook noodles every time" he said placing the pot in the middle of the counter, where Donghae put a hot pad he found hung in the kitchen wall, kindly offered with the apartment.

They ate quickly not to let the noodles soak for too much and get all squishy, they had no plates so they ended up kneeling on the stools to arrive to the pot , at least that way they weren't going to spill it or to stain their working clothes. Donghae suddenly smiled "they were really good" he said with a satisfied look. Hyukjae bended a bit and pouted seeing they were already over.

"Yeah they were…" he said getting back on his stool, this time sitting properly, there was no real reason to keep bending on the counter since the food was already over. He sighed. Donghae started to laugh really loudly, his voice resounding even more since the room was  completely empty.

"Babe, are you still hungry? I have a knife I can cut you some fruit if you want" he said when he calmed down a bit, taking out form his  pocked a small red…thing. He looked at it carefully finally realizing that it was a swiss knife, wow how came Donghae had one? "ah why are you looking at me like that? It's real, it cuts well, look" the guy said starting to peel a apple they bought at the mall. He cut a slice for him and handed it out. Hyukjae tried to take it but someone it was too slippery and the piece of fruit fell on the white surface.

They both started to laugh " I'm glad we cleaned this before eating" he said grabbing the apple and putting it in his mouth, grinning again.

"Right, we needed to clean it really well ahahah" Donghae replied laughing again, handing him another slice of apple, it was nice to have someone peel his fruit like that, it felt so much like they were a married couple, and he liked that feeling.

~

"I'll make sure to make the lady prepare all the documents so when I come pick you up at seven  you can sign and stamp them, and we are done" Donghae said smiling before letting him go down the car, holding his arm, surely asking for a goodbye kiss instead. Hyukjae smiled and nodded, getting closer to leave a short peck on his sweet lips.

"And I'll make sure to send the money when you tell me the right code. See you at seven, don't be late" he said grinning before going down the car. He waved at his boyfriend, following his car with his eyes till he finally disappeared. I already miss him, he sighed, but he needed to go back to work, especially because he was going to have such a full week end, buying things and placing them in their new home. He entered the hall all happy, almost hopping, he reached the reception and greeted the girls cheerfully.

"Director, something happened?" Minyoon said smiling looking at the colleague that was as surprised as her.

"Yes!" he said resting his elbows on the high desk, placing his chin on his hands and looking down at them "do you want to know what?" he asked, hoping they were going to say yes. And as he hoped both the girls nodded. He had preferred to hear a drum roll, but whatever, no one had it in real life, so he imagine it instead  before finally say it out loud "Donghae found an apartment for us" all in once, one breath only, then he closed his mouth and smiled, feeling how stupid he might have looked. Both the girls covered their mouths and screamed inside, surely they did because they seemed like they were holding back a lot.

"Oh my god Director ! this is such a good new" Minyoon said grabbing one of his hands.

"This is great" the other added, making his stomach jump, he was finally able to gossip around with his girls at the reception, because everybody knew of his relationship.

He winked and placed one finger in front of his mouth "but this is still a secret, so don't tell anyone" he whispered, the girls nodded and smiled at him "I'll go get some work done now, it's better to use this positivity immediately" he said before walking away. And most important he needed to take a quick shower and change his sticky underwear and take one of the pills his lover gave him. He forgot to take it after lunch because they were late and they had to wash the pot quickly and leave the apartment, but one thing was sure the pain hadn't forgot him at all.

He took off his jacket and went inside the bathroom, taking of the rest of his clothes before entering the shower. Once he was done and dressed up again and went back to his office, he grabbed the box that was inside the pocket of the jacket and quickly took out the leaflet, god bless women, they don't need to eat before taking this, so I can take one right away. His poor was still hurting, but it wasn't that bad, he only needed some relieve to be able to sit for hours and work. Plus he didn't care, thinking of what he was going to do with his boyfriend that evening gave him strength to do anything. Shopping, he loved shopping but doing it to buy things for their house was even better than buying clothes. He went with Donghae for the hotel opening, but still this time was different, they needed to choose something they liked, not something to impress others; they were going to choose what fit their tastes well, something that was fine for the both of them, maybe having to find some sort of agreement on some things, other times letting the other buy whatever he wanted. He wanted to bring something to his new apartment, at last some clothes since he wanted to sleep there, they didn't need everything to be new, something had to come from his office or his room at home, he wanted to place there something that reminded him of his past life, that way he could have seen it blending with things of his new life.

He looked  around, and the only thing he found in that room was a book he liked, it was an old one, but it was going to be ok, he brought it there probably for the same reason, without even realizing it, and probably that small object helped him to feel at ease in a new place. He caressed the cover and smiled, I'm so predictable, I did this already. Oh well I'll find more things to bring there for sure.

At some point  he received a message with the directions to transfer the money on the bank account of the, now old, owner of their apartment; he paid just for the amount Donghae asked him to, he perfectly knew the total by then but still they decided to do 3/4 and he was going to respect that. He smiled widely the moment he received the mail of the successfully done transaction, he had a premium account so even moving that much money wasn't a problem, and it was his own account, with his savings, so he didn't need to tell his parents he was using them. Oh well he was going to do it anyway soon, but not immediately. He wanted to enjoy that secret feeling for a bit more.

He worked happily that afternoon, nothing bothering him, not even the philippine woman who went in his office to tell him that his daughter laptop vanished after the cleaning lady came inside their room. He smiled and called the girl to his office, he knew that she wasn't  guilty, he knew her well, and he was sure her pay was high enough to allow her to buy a notebook or whatever. He hated to call her down for something like that, but he needed to with that stupid woman in his office; I thought this family was a pain in the from the first day, stupid rich people they think they can treat my staff badly, with my  people.

"I didn't took the laptop, I saw your daughter clearly putting it in her bag…she even asked me not to touch the cable from its position, that's why you found just that in your room" the cleaning girl explained, feeling probably really frustrated when the woman raised both her eyebrow not believing her.

"You should first look at your daughter's bag before accusing my staff" Hyukjae said crossing his arms.

"Fine I'll go check it then, and come back" the woman answered trying hard not to flip out. Ugly , he thought as he saw her walking away on her high heels, quickly, probably not to fall from them, the only reason she was barely a normal human height.  He hated the fact he had been kind with her, even spending money for a cook, the only good thing was that other guests were enjoying the fusion food and many of them sent good messages to the chef and his cook those past few days. You are lucky I'm a director…or else tich, he didn't even realized he had raised his clenched fist at the closed door, he was too absorbed in his thought to realize that he wasn't even alone in the room, the cleaning girl was still there,  and she made a weird sound the moment he moved his fist.

He looked at her and blinked "oh sorry…you were here, did I say something out loud?" he asked, not being sure anymore of what really happened. She shook her head.

"I'm sorry director for what happened, I swear it wasn't me" she sighed, tears already forming in her eyes, she had been so strong and secure in front of the woman, but now, them alone, she was being worried.

He reached out an hand and patted her shoulder "I believe you, don't worry, I'm sure that girl is just trying to mess around with us" he said referring to the daughter of the nasty lady.

"Have you seen her? She even left the bathroom in such a mess, this morning I almost went out of schedule because of her, I had to skip my break because I needed to clean all my rooms" the girl said opening her eyes widely, then furrowing at the thought.

"You can't skip your break for such a reason, you have all the rights to have those minutes of freedom" he said worried.

"I took half an hour all together this afternoon" she said making a v sign with her hand and smiling. She was younger than him, and she looked cute; he had wondered why such a young girl had to work as a cleaning lady instead of studying when he saw her for the first time, but she replied that her mother was too poor to give her the money to go to university, and too sick to work more, so she was the one working for two instead, finding a good place in a nice hotel. She can't lose her job, I won't allow that no matter what.

They were waiting  for the woman to come back, to say something but instead the phone of his office suddenly rang , it was an internal call "hello?" he asked.

"This is Mrs. Cruz , I found the laptop, so I won't  go on with this matter, good evening" she only said that, without giving him a chance to reply before closing the call.

"Pff, she didn't even had the guts to come down here and apologize to you" he said once he had put back the receiver chuckling "she found the laptop, so you are free to go back to your work…and sorry for this misunderstanding" he said smiling.

"Oh please director, don't be sorry for her…I'm happy you trusted me. I'll go back to my work now".

Once the girl left him alone he had some time for himself again, he liked his work after all, even in those situations he was sure of what he was managing, his boys and girls were the best, he was confident about that.  The only thing he needed to do was to wait for his lover to come pick him, he only needed to grab some of his clothes from the wardrobe there, and maybe the day after he was going to pick some others from his house.

~

Donghae arrived punctual at seven, a big smile on his face when he entered with a paper folder in his hands "I have the definitive contract babe" he said crossing quickly the room. Hyukjae took out of his drawer  his personal seal and grinned back at him.

"Let's see to end this matter then!" he started to read carefully what the contract had on, nothing special or out of place, it was fine, the rules of the building were fine too, no noises in the hall and shared places, no dirt in the elevator, the garbage in the specific place at the ground floor at the back, pets allowed…and other things. He was pretty satisfied when he placed his first signature and when he sealed it, next to his lover's one. A shiver shook his body the moment he closed the paper folder "I'll make someone bring those back to the office of the agency, now let's go" he said smiling. He jumped on his feet and  grabbed all his things, ready to go.

Donghae placed an hand on his waist and bended down to kiss his temple "yeah let's go".

They drove towards their apartment, but instead of going directly to it they went to the near big mall, they needed to buy some other things for their house, now with more time and relax they were going to choose some useful things.

It was weird shopping like that, they were looking at things with a different purpose, so every small object was observed carefully by both. They first chose things for the kitchen, it was the only room they could really buy things for, since they knew that for the living room and the bedroom they probably needed to  order the things they wanted, so it was something that needed more time.

They spotted a pair of nice mugs first, they were simple but nice at the same time, with tiny grey hearts craved on them, it was strange how they looked perfect for their house. Both with them there were the fruit plates, and of course they needed to grab them too. Another thing that immediately caught their attention was a set of kitchen apron, they struggled a bit when they had to choose between two male aprons or one male and one female…but then they decided that buying two different was more funny, and they could have chosen what to wear, based on their situation.

He picked out some nice glasses while Donghae was in charge to find a good table set, nothing too fancy but not even too cheap. For the plates they decided to take a box with a complete service for six, it was pointless to buy only two for them, they were going to be a couple even with six plates and six bowls, plus they needed the big bowl coming with it and the small cute bowls for the fruit. The cart kept being filled with many things, but they had another important stop to make, the kitchen needed an electric kettle and a rice cooker for sure, the lady told Donghae that she was going to take out the things they placed in the apartment just to show it, so they had the space to put a new one. They found a nice one, the same he had at his house, and it was even on sale because of some weird reason, it was a brand he trusted completely so he took it without thinking, oh well…took, he said the guy there that he wanted it delivered to his house.

Once they were done with the few things they needed for that first room they decided to go take a look at least at the things for the living room, and maybe even something like bedding supplies, they didn't had a bed but they couldn't sleep on the floor neither. Hyukjae spotted almost immediately a nice large carpet, it was, not to mention, grey, a nice composition indeed of dark and light shades, at some point it even got white or totally black. Large circles were drew on it, some of them concentric some others were just on top, crossing the already drawn lines. He liked it and it looked soft "can we take this?" he asked pouting looking at Donghae.

"Yes why not, it's pretty, I like it and it goes well with our flooring" the other replied.

"Plus this would be nice to sleep on maybe…." Hyukjae said winking at him, then he called the responsible of that section and asked him to bring it to their apartment. Doing shopping like that was quite cool, they only needed to grab some things and the employers of the mall were going to bring in the rest. They bought some sheets and blankets too, promising themselves that they were going to find better ones the moment they found a bed they liked.

Then they went to find something for the bathroom, small things, some glasses, toothbrushes, small towels to rub their backs and some big towels for the face and the shower. It was enough for now, it was stupid buying more because he perfectly knew that his mother was going to submerge them with presents, and towels and beddings were her best, but surely she wasn't going to miss the occasion to buy him some fancy tablecloths too, so it was better to just fly down with their expenses.

Once they were done with objects they spent some time buying groceries too, to put something in that sad empty fridge, just few things were ok, not forgetting something for their pantry, as some packs of noodles, some biscuits, some nutella, oh god he loved that thing, and some other useless things, along with canned food. He didn't ever had the chance to buy food for real, at his house the cook made it all, he only went with his mother to buy side things, mostly objects, but never food…and he missed it. He was already a man and he didn't even know how to choose a cabbage, or to find the best price for carrots.

He found himself smiling widely everytime Donghae grabbed something from his hands and put it back, adding something along the line "it's too expensive…this looks better than it tastes…simple things are the best" and the most popular "you can perfectly do this yourself, it's pointless to pay twice their value only because you are too lazy to do it", nothing, he didn't let him buy nothing, not the peeled garlic, not the chopped onions, everything was fresh and natural. He let him buy popsicles tho, but even then he reminded him that they weren't good for his teeth "if you don't cut the mommy crap I'll stick all of this up your …let's see if it works" he hissed after the nth box of popsicles was placed back in the freezer.

"We don't need this many, Hyukjae, be a good boy" he said poking his side, making him giggles "and I wouldn't mind if they weren't that cold" er.

~

They were putting away things when suddenly Hyukjae felt thirsty and decided to open a  strawberry milk, the main problem was that, that specific carton was flawed and trying to opening it, he ended up spilling some on his shirt "damn…" he said almost throwing it away, too worried for his brand new shirt. Luckily Donghae was close to him and grabbed quickly the carton before it could have ended on the floor to spill some more.

"Take it off" he said referring to his shirt, placing the milk in a freshly washed glass instead, it was pointless to keep drinking it form that thing.

Hyukjae smirked as he started to it "mmh alright sir…all that you want" he said getting closer and closer at every button. Donghae smiled back and touched his exposed chest with his fingers, going down to touch his navel.

"Don't be for too much…the guy from the mall can arrive at any moment with our carpet " right, that was the only thing remaining, everything else had been delivered right away, but for that item they had to wait because the stock was almost on the other side of the city.

"I'll make sure the delivery guy doesn't see me " he replied his upper lip before gently bite Donghae's lower one. Again he was feeling needy, too bad the other started pushing him quickly to the other room when the doorbell rang.

"It must be him, hide, come on Hyukjae don't be a kid right now" he said giggling before finally winning over him and making him hide behind the big wall unit so that he could easily go to open the door.

Let's see if you still want me to be for a short time once this guy is gone. He thought while he started taking off his pants too, leaving there only his boxers, and doing it while hiding made him feel even more aroused that it should have. I'm such a .

~