chapter 26

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

Donghae looked at him with a worried expression, he was waiting for his reply, and he wasn't even sure what to say; yet he needed to say something, the other mentioned before that he wasn't going to hide it anymore if the reporters asked him directly, but they weren't ready, it wasn't a good idea to confess it like that. Hyukjae looked around, that house he liked so much was welcoming and protecting them, but once they were going to go out there was a chance for everything to be ruined. He sat down on the bed again and reached out a hand to make his lover get closer. Donghae obeyed immediately, taking his hand and stopping in front of him between his legs, looking down at him with caring eyes "what should we do Hae? I'm asking it to you" he said looking at him. The other was surprised by his question, he crouched down to look at him better, caressing his thighs.

"You are asking me it? Why? I thought you were the one to make a decision about this" his eyes were so serious and still he managed to look cute.

"No Hae, last time I made a decision it was the worst one I've ever made and I even risked losing you, this time I'll let you choose and I'll do whatever you want, don't do anything you don't like or want, and think of you first instead of protecting me" he said slowly, caressing his lover's hair with both hands, he loved Donghae so much and he didn't care anymore of what others thought of them.

"Don't be silly, this time we decide together, we both say what we think and talk about it, if you ask me to think of myself of course I have to protect you, because selfishly speaking if you suffer I suffer twice…tell me what you are thinking please" ah the perfect man, he was it, no doubt.

"I agree with my mother, if we go out now they'll understand we slept together again, and this time how can we hide the fact we are in love? But we denied it just a few days ago and it was such a mess, and then the party happened and we acted strangely…" he explained, this time saying everything he thought, it was stupid to hide the fact they probably had to lie again to the reporters if they wanted to be happy and to be left alone; he didn't want to lie to his man, even if he knew that Donghae probably wanted them to walk outside hand in hand, telling the entire world the truth, he needed to clarify his position, just like he asked.

The other listened to him in silence, his face not changing for even a second, then he spoke, surprising him once again "I agree with you" he started, then he reached up and kissed his lips "don't pout, it's ok, we'll hide it for another bit, just the time to settle down some things, maybe to let our parents know…or to decide if it's…serious…" the last part came out lower than the rest.

"What? Serious? Donghae…you don't think it's serious between us?" he asked, forgetting suddenly any other matter, how could he say something like that? He was imagining a future with him, holding hands at an old age, walking by the Han river, and watching how the city changed as the years passed…

"I don't know Hyuk, how can I know exactly how you feel? For me…for me it's serious and you know how much I love you, but if a day you are bored by me I'll let you go, and if that day is too soon I don't know if we want to get others involved, that's why I'm letting you decide" it was a hard matter to discuss, especially like that, they had the decision to make, and they didn't have much time, yet they started such an important discussion, and they didn't even know how it happened.

Hyukjae breathed deeply and closed his eyes "if that's what is bothering you Hae, don't worry, I'll never get enough of you, I don't think I'll ever find someone that makes me feel like you do, someone that cares for me this much…please don't ever let me go, if I act weird, just bring me back instead, because I know I'll need you forever by my side" there you go, Donghae I love you this much.

Donghae suddenly stood up and hugged him tightly pressing his face on his wide chest, letting him hear his heartbeat "ok then, let's just take some time to find the right way to tell the reporters…we'll have forever to decide how to…" he said kissing his head "because we'll stay forever together, and I won't let you go" he added.

"Promise" Hyukjae said reaching out one of his hands, his fingers all bent except for his pinkie and thumb, the other chuckled and tangled their pinkies together.

"Promise" he said softly.

"Stamp" Hyukjae added pouting, making his voice sound more childish.

"Stamp" Donghae said smiling again and bringing their thumbs together "and a kiss to seal it" he added bending down and kissing his lips, pulling him closer by grabbing the back of his head gently.

"I love you" Hyukjae said with sparkling eyes.

"I know…but now, back to our problem…"

"Ah yes the reporters! Uhm…me going out undercover is impossible and silly, they would see is not you going out of the house" he said taking out his index finger and discarding the stupid idea.

"No, it's impossible, plus I need to go to work and I need the car, so you can't go out like that and take it" the other replied, sitting down next to him, concentrating to see if they could find a way.

"I was thinking maybe you can go to work and after a bit, I'll go out and go home…" Hyukjae said, imagining that being hidden in that apartment wasn't all that bad after all.

"What if they don't trust us and some of them stay here? Is not like you can be here forever because surely they are waiting to see you at the hotel" Donghae said presenting another problem, the persistence of the reporters, he hadn't thought about it, the problem wasn't only the going out of the house, but the fact that maybe they were going to ask questions and follow them.

"But what can I do? I can't even call my mom and ask her to pick me up, and it's early in the morning, is not realistic saying I came to visit…damn, even using a helicopter would look…suspicious" he was starting to lose hope, it was impossible to go out without finding all those cameras and microphones; plus he really didn't want to see them, he had spent such a great night with his boyfriend and he felt that if he was to face all those people outside, this time he was going to explode, his image and tell them they were in love. But he couldn't, he had to think of their families, of their companies, of their responsibilities. He was sitting there on the bed, looking at his hands and furrowing, stupid people always ruining his life.

"I think I have an idea" Donghae said suddenly "but you need to be a bit patient" he started. Hyukjae looked at him with big curious eyes, he wanted to know what that idea was. Donghae scratched the back of his head and cleared his voice "I don't know if you can do it…you know there is a passage, a tiny space between our house and the tall building next to it, is the passage for the air conditioner inspections…it's a bit narrow but maybe you can pass there, and using it you can go to the other street and no one would see you there" the guy explained, his face showing how that idea seemed strange. Hyukjae understood immediately what kind of narrow place the other was talking about, it was usually humid and dirty, because being there between two buildings even the rain didn't hit the floor; it was used by cats and maybe some dog and usually if anyone cleaned it there was the chance to find there even some mouse or even garbage, and surely there was moss in the lower part, making the surface slippery.

"Do you think I can use it?" he asked, deciding to forget everything else, he didn't care, if he could protect their relationship he was going to walk there, it was a few meters anyway, and he could even call a car to make someone pick him up in the other secondary street, surely no reporter was there, because on the back of Donghae's house there was another house, another family.

"I don't know, you are thin and I think you can easily walk there without having to touch the walls too much, my mother never let me go there, she always called someone if we had problems, but this is an emergency, and of course, I wouldn't let you go there with your clothes from yesterday" Donghae explained, it wasn't a bad idea, and if it worked it could have been a good idea for the future too.

"But how do we reach that passage?" he asked, they were on the first floor and they couldn't go out.

"We have a small back garden, and there is a gate there, actually I think the neighbors had their part of passage closed from the street but, I think mom has the keys somewhere and you'll be able to go out easily" he was a smart guy, definitely smart "why don't you go take a shower, I'll prepare the clothes for you and call mom to ask for the keys" the guy said smiling softly at him. He was so nice, thinking of a solution for them, protecting him till the end. Hyukjae nodded and went towards the bathroom.

"It's a pity we can't wash together" he said winking at him before closing the door.

"You start, I'll come wash your back in a moment" he heard from the other side, he giggled, he loved the idea of taking a shower with him. He looked at his reflection in the big mirror of the bathroom, he was covered in small marks yet his skin never looked that good, he was relaxed and happy, he slept perfectly and even the problem with the reporters looked small;  he decided not to let it affect his happiness, and Donghae acted in the best way, he clearly thought of a plan and found a solution, as easy as it had been they were going to win this time. He smiled widely, Hyukjae you really found the right person this time, try to treasure him as he deserves and give him all the love you have.  

~

 

The door was opened a few minutes later "ah you are still here?" Donghae asked entering the room.

"Sorry I was lost in my thoughts…but I think it's better like this, so we can shower together no?" he replied grinning, actually, I waited, yes what's the bad thing about waiting for my love? The other smiled and poked his arm.

"Silly, let's go shower"

~

"Are you sure they won't notice me dressed like this?" Hyukjae asked as he closed the zip of a lime green jacket, it was an eccentric gym suit that Donghae made him wear and it wasn't even bad to be sincere, maybe just a bit…noticeable, and fluorescent. But then he imagined how hot Donghae might have looked with just a white tank top and those large dark green pants and he didn't care anymore.

"Who would think that a perfectionist like you would wear such a shabby suit in public? Plus with this no one will see your face" he said placing a hat on his head "oh my who is this stranger in my house" he said silly.

"Yeah I feel like a ninja highlighter, you be careful" Hyukjae said making a mischievous face, looking up from under the hat, and smirking to look more dangerous. Donghae bent down and kissed his lips softly, but he pulled apart too quickly and Hyukjae had to grab his neck and kiss him once again, leaning with all his dead weight on the other, making both of them smile in the kiss. It was funny but at the same time exciting, all that hiding and escaping and the secret passage near the house, he felt like going back to when he was a kid, being all happy over small things.

They reached the ground floor, stepping on the stairs slowly, trying to hide their giggles, holding hands like a newlywed couple. They looked out of the peephole, there were probably twenty reporters outside, and surely more were in front of his hotel waiting to catch him. Hyukjae poked out his tongue to the door and walked casually behind the other that had already entered his mother's house. It was nice and cozy, luckily enough the curtains in the living room were closed so no one could see them from outside, there was a warm atmosphere, but it was so clear that the spaces had been reduced to make two apartments, because the door was opened directly in the room, without a lobby, and under the staircase, they had created a chest of drawers that followed the rising shape of the wall. On the side there was a big door for the kitchen and close to it another one that probably led to the bathroom and the bedroom. "Come with me" Donghae said with a low tone, pulling him over to the kitchen "we'll go out from there".

The garden was indeed small, but it was still something important, a closed space where they could relax a bit, having their own grass, some flowers and a bench. I wasn't as big as his garden for sure, but still it was precious for someone with a small house; he saw the gate and noticed the wall from the building next to them was really close, but he was going to make it for sure, it was just a little bit narrower than an average interior door. Donghae opened the gate for him and quickly peeked the path, to see if it was clean enough and especially if someone was there, he was so caring and he didn't even need to be that gentle with him. Hyukjae patted his shoulder and whispered "I'm going to survive well, don’t worry" that said he kissed his cheek and went out in the narrow passage "go to work now, I'll call you when I get to my office" he said waving and watching his boyfriend smile and wave back before entering the house.

He was about to walk to the right side when he felt curious, he wanted to see those reporters and their reaction to Donghae, just a peek and I'll go to the other side, the car will be here in ten minutes I guess. He walked slowly towards the main street, he only needed to get closer to the wall and see what was happening, but when he was about to look around the corner his heart started to beat really quickly and it almost stopped when a cat jumped from a window to the wall next to him, ok bad idea, he sighed and without even looking back he went towards the street on the back, feeling like a coward for the first time. But he needed to do things well, next time, he kept repeating in his mind, next time maybe I'll try being a ninja, but not today.

~

He waited on the sidewalk, looking casually around, stopping in front of a shop window, he saw his friend's car passing by followed by the cars of the reporters, but it was less than a small colored spot that crossed the street far away from where he was standing, yet he smiled, Hae was able to go to work freely, first step is done. His mother sent one of his bodyguards, but he came with his own personal car, because they didn't want to let the reporters out of their house to see that an empty car was going out of the main gate, it was probably silly because the back glasses of all of their cars were black anyway, but there was a chance for reporters to stop the car and even look inside, noticing he wasn't there. Ah mom you think of every small detail, I love you.

When he was about to arrive at the hotel he made the guy stop suddenly "leave me here, if you need to, just follow me afterwards, but I want to arrive walking, I want to surprise them…" he ordered, and the man at the wheel let him off. He went out of the car looking around and once he saw no one was there he started to jog towards the hotel. He run around the corner and found that the crowd of people in front of that gate was even more than the one at Donghae's, he kept jogging and once he was close enough the reporters all started to look at him with surprised faces "What's happening?" he asked faking surprise "I can't even leave for a bit that I find you here?" he added taking off his hat and making an annoyed face as he fixed his hair. Luckily that hat made him sweat a bit so he looked more realistic.

"Where were you yesterday night?" -"Why did you leave the party?" -"Was Mr Lee with you?"

Those were the only questions he was able to understand when all the reporters started to talk at the same time, going towards him, they were going to push him in a corner, but this time he felt stronger, he pushed his chest out and breathed, it was as if Donghae was next to him, he could even feel his warmth in that cold morning "I was in my office resting, I believe my secretary informed you yesterday already. I was feeling stressed by all the events of the week and I preferred to go to bed" he explained trying to be as convincing as possible.

"But where are you coming from then?"

"I was out jogging, why? I'm not even free to run a bit in the morning before working hours?" he said annoyed once again, they were so persistent and intrusive, it was his personal life and it was bothersome already having to hide the fact he had a boyfriend, but not being even free to jog was definitely ridiculous. He started to walk towards the gate, avoiding all those people there, not being scared at all.

"We were waiting here but we haven't seen you coming out of the hotel" one of them said pushing the others to let his recorder get closer to Hyukjae.

"Please, come on…I used the back door it's more comfortable to use it from my office" he didn't even know how it came to his mind but it worked, there was a back door, even if the building was somehow circular and even if the main gate was only that one, there was another small parking lot at the back that was used for the supplier trucks, it wasn't actually easier to use because he needed to walk a bit more but it was credible that he wanted to go out from there not to be seen. if I had thought of it before I could have entered directly from there, not having to see these people "I came here because I saw all this crowd, else I would have gone back from there, I don't like to be seen in this outfit" he added, his voice sounding more and more annoyed. He managed to finally arrive at the front door and without having to add anything he looked at the reporters and went inside, the staff there was already informed not to let any reporter inside if not to make a reservation so no one was able to follow him.

He walked straight towards his office and the moment he passed near the reception the girls there bowed to him and smiled, he bowed back and winked at them, it worked, he looked like he woke up early that morning, and the reporters seemed to believe him, he only needed to see how it went for Donghae and he was done with crap for that day, he only had work to do.

"Welcome back director" Minyoon said smiling.

"How was your jogging mr. Lee?" the other girl added, he smile a little bit more amused than the previous one.

"It was refreshing" he replied and went into his room.

He knew that his secretary was going to enter there soon, so he decided to change quickly, this time closing the door of the changing room not to scare her. He washed his face and put on one of his suits that he left there for any eventuality, he was lucky he had something to wear, because he couldn't go home, nor he could have waited for his mother with a fresh set of clothes…and the ones from the night before were probably still laying on Donghae's floor. He giggled, they were going to figure how a way to bring those clothes to his office or something, for now, he was keeping that weird and colorful gym suit hostage. He hung it on the rack inside the changing room and caressed it gently, it wasn't his style, even when he went out jogging for real he always preferred darker colors, even if to be completely sincere…he didn't work out much so he didn't even need cozy clothes. He went out of the wardrobe and found Minyoon already in the room, she was sitting on one of the armchairs, her legs crossed just like her arms, but her look wasn't severe as her pose "finally" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, I didn't know I even had a girlfriend now" he replied fixing his tie and going towards his desk. She was totally acting as one when her boyfriend didn't reply to the phone for an entire night.

"Director, don't joke around, I was worried" she said standing up and following him "is everything ok? Your mother only told me you were safe and that you were coming here…" the girl added, she looked genuinely worried, so he smiled at her and sat down on his chair.

"I'm sorry I made you worry, I happened to be out of my mind yesterday…" he started.

"When the party ended I came here to see if you were sleeping or something…but you were gone, I looked in the garden and nothing…I don't know I saw your weird expression and I started to think of stupid things" she admitted looking at her hands. That sentence added more details, poor girl I made her worry for real "I'm sorry I called your mother…and even the other girl from the reception heard me…is just that I was the last person that spoke to you and I lied to her…" she muttered, starting to blush a bit "maybe it sounds stupid to you".

He smiled again and grabbed her hand, surprising her even more as she looked at him with wide opened eyes "Is not stupid, I'm really thankful that you were this worried for me Minyoon, you are one of the few people I can trust and that care for me, don't be embarrassed, it's ok if you felt like that, I would have done the same if you were the one missing, and forget your colleague, she is part of the staff too no? So she knew I wasn't here and she was probably worried too" Minyoon nodded vigorously "there you go, so it's nothing weird. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and…I thought of really stupid things too, but don't worry nothing happened" he finished. He wanted to tell her everything actually, but seeing how the girl reacted he was afraid to put her in a bad position. For him, she was more than an employee but maybe she didn't like that friendly relationship, such a pity, I have no one to brag about my gorgeous boyfriend.

"Thank god…" she said squeezing gently his hand, in all that mess he didn't realize he was still holding her hand, but that small gesture made him think that it wasn't that bad.

I have to ask her "Minyoon" he started and she looked at him, as if to say to continue "can I tell you what happened?" he finally asked it, and it probably sounded so stupid and desperate, yeah since I have no friends can you please at least listen to me? I sounded so bad. He frowned and looked down.

"Ahahaha why are you making that face? Are you thinking of something else by yourself?" she said covering with her free hand, then she shook the one she was holding now tightly and added "of course you can, I'm dying of curiosity here" and then she laughed once more.

"Oh well, I would lie if I said it is nothing special…because it was…it was like in the movies" that said the girl decided to partially sit on the desk, feeling that it was probably going to be longer than she thought; it looked more intimate like that, her being so casual, still holding his hand, did he really found a friend? A girl on top of everything, it was always so hard to find a real friend, but that friend being a woman was nearly impossible, as they all looked after his money. "I was walking under the rain" and the other immediately stopped him.

"You were out in the rain? When it was that strong? Are you ok,  did you catch a cold?" she said quickly looking into his eyes, trying to find any sign of fever.

"That's not the point, let me speak!" he replied "I was walking under the rain like that and like a prince charming Donghae came to rescue me with a big umbrella, he dragged me into his car and brought me home…actually his home" he was already feeling all excited, his boyfriend was definitely the best, and Minyoon was going to be jealous for sure.

"Oh my really? Was he angry with you? He looked strange yesterday too and he left the party early…" the girl said. True he left early but he forgot to ask him what happened, note to self ask Donghae why he left the party early.

"He was worried, he kept asking me why I pushed him away and why I stopped talking to him…at the end I exploded and confessed to him my love" that said he covered his face with both hands, letting go of Minyoon's, having to hide his face not to let her see his blush  "and he told me he loves me too" he muttered, his voice coming out as if he had a hot potato in his mouth. Still, the girl understood him perfectly.

"Oh my god really?" she almost screamed jumping down the desk and getting closer "wait…I thought you two were together already…why does it feel like this was the first time?" she tried to remove his hands from the face, and she finally managed to.

"No…we were just friends, I never knew he loved me back…but then he told me" he said grinning. The girl laughed and clapped.

"If you were one of my girl friends I would just jump and clap my hands with you, but this is not the case. Anyway, I'm happy to hear you two clarified the situation, it was painful to see you these past few days, and the first morning seeing you crying like that as if everything was lost and broken, I felt my heart broken too. Now I feel more light and relaxed" she finished and sighed closing her eyes and bringing her hands to her chest, almost as if she wanted to pat her relieved heart.

"Thank you" he said "thank you for being like this, is not awkward when I talk with you and I really needed to tell this to someone, since my only friend is also my lover I couldn't go to him to spazz…ahahaha "

"It's ok, I like the fact I'm keeping such a secret and I'm glad you wanted to tell me about this romantic movie you just lived. But now…back to reality, I have to work and go to the reception, if you need my help with something just call me" she said and started to walk towards the door.

"Minyoon, make sure no reporter enters here to disturb the customers, ah I forgot to ask it, send me the list of our guests so that I can make sure the breakfast respects the level" he asked, yes he needed to go back to work and the first thing to do was to make sure their first guests were going to have their best time there at his luxury hotel.

"Yes sir" she said bringing her hand to her head just like a little soldier, then she went out smiling.

It was a nice day after all, it started in a weird way, but it seemed like it was going to be nice, and soon he was going to call his boyfriend to hear from him how his morning was going; maybe he was even going to call his parents and ask them to eat with him at the hotel for lunch, now that the kitchen was officially opened it was stupid to go back home and this way his mother had an excuse to go see him. I'm sure she is dying to ask me how I'm feeling.

~