chapter 1

Bambino Viziato (spoiled brat)

"I won't do it, I think it's stupid" he said, his voice firm, his expression serious, he was sitting in front of her, he had crossed his arms the moment she proposed something to him, or better ordered it; and now he wasn't even hungry anymore. She had that ability to make him lose his appetite, and the most amazing thing was, she was able to do it every single time. Probably it's her way to keep me fit and thin, he had thought sometimes.

"You have to act your age" his mother answered with the same expression he had.

"I'm still young, besides I don't like your tricks so don't even bother to call me when he arrives, because I won't come down" he answered before standing up and going out of the room. How annoying, she can't decide on those things too, it's my life. He decided to take a detour through the garden and greet his dog, he was the only thing making him feel better when his mother pissed him off like that.

"Choco, come here" he said, in that moment a small ball of golden fur started to run in his direction, he crouched smiling and gathered him in his arms. His puppy was so cute and fluffy, plus he seemed to understand him better than the people around him. He petted his dog a bit, sitting down on the stones of the pavement, his knees bent to sit more comfortably; the dog was jumping and trying to bite his ears or nose, so he immobilized him with his hands, keeping him standing on the lower legs. You are so cute Choco, daddy loves you more than the people around him. The dog was starting to get nervous being in his arms, so he let him go run freely in the garden, and decided to head finally to his room.

It was a nice afternoon after all, but he was feeling bored. What to do now?
He was sitting on one soft and large armchair in his spacious room, legs crossed and placed on the round table in front of him. He was reading a manhwa, but he wasn't even paying attention to it, his purpose was only to be lazy all afternoon and surely not to go down for any reason.

After a while, he heard a knock on the door. He knew who it was, or at least he imagined it "Come in" he said without even bothering to turn around when he heard the door being opened.

"Good afternoon" a man's voice said. He looked up his shoulder just out of curiosity, it was a tall guy with a black suit and even a tie, he looked all neat, yet his clothes looked cheap.

 He chuckled then turned around to his manhwa again "You must be my new fake friend" he muttered.

The guy cleared his throat before crossing the room, he then reached out a hand smiling "I'm Lee Donghae" he said. Hyukjae looked up then at the hand before slapping it away.

"I don't really care who you are, and I told my mum I wasn't going to meet you so why are you here?" he said with a harsh voice. He knew it wasn't the guy's fault directly but still, he didn't want him there.

Donghae raised an eyebrow but he kept calm…still "Your mother told me that since you weren't coming down I should have come to your room instead, that's why I'm here" he explained.

"I don't want you here anyway and I don't like to touch people like you, so don't bother to give me your hand. My name... you already know it"  she even told him to come here? Is she trying to make me angry? He disliked his mother so much for all this fake thing she had concocted. Acing like friends in front of journalists with a perfect stranger, only to put up a nice facade. Only to make people believe they were a caring family that didn't live only for business but that had a heart too. To make the public believe differences weren't a problem when having friends. Bull,   differences are important, I don't want a friend like that, so cheap and simple, totally not my style.

"Is not like I wanted to be here with you either. My mother forced me into this thing…it's all because of business" the other answered sitting down in front of him.

"Then it's more than enough if you show up at my door once in a while, is not necessary to come to actually spend time with me, plus I don't really want to be seen with you…I mean come on what kind of clothes are you wearing?" that guy looked ridiculous to him, he was wearing a suit and even a tie, it was business ok, but in those cases, he needed to wear casual clothes.

"What about my clothes? I wore something serious to come to meet you" Donghae said looking down at his suit, in his eyes it was perfectly fine. Hyukjae chuckled and closed the manhwa.

"You didn't need to put on a tie too, plus it's such a bad quality suit it bothers my eyes" he said staring at him and crossing his arms.

Donghae sighed "I don't have money to waste on clothes, this is the difference between me and you, I'm a CEO while you are only the son of one and you can spend all the money from your parents…I have to think of all my employees and their families before me" he was serious and his face almost made him laugh; but actually, there was nothing to laugh about, he was rich yes, his parents were the owners of a huge company so why should he have to be careful about money? Being classy and stylish was a must with his rank.

"This has nothing to do with employees or the fact you are a CEO, don't mix us because you are way far from me. Your company is not even big yet and I don't like to be compared to people like you. Plus  I didn't agree with my mother on this" he said; he was starting to get really irritated by that guy, he was presumptuous and he instead was used to people that liked to his feet.

"Oh well, I don't want to be mixed with you either, my father worked so hard to buy all the small industries around to create our company, instead you…you only live on a private income, not even working hard for what you have. Yet, you have to be nice to me because I still haven't signed the contract with your company, and you said you were going to use only locally worked metals for your devices" the guy was annoyingly calm, he was offending him and still, his face was flawless.

"Don't you dare to threaten me, we decided to use only local metals yes, and you would be the only company having them, but we are a great company and it would be a great honor for you, so don't act all full of yourself. If your mother wants you to act like my friend is because you need an image to grow up and I am the one that is going to give you one" he hissed. Pff we don't need you.

"Yes, that's the only choice we have to sign a good deal, but still if you act this cocky I can always decide to put a higher price or to sign a good contract with your enemy company…I need you to become more popular but you need me to keep your word…having a conference with the press before signing the deal and promising things to your customers it wasn't actually a good idea" Donghae said, this time showing a bit more of anger, he was still human after all.

"You wouldn't dare to sign a contract with someone else…or I would make you pay, be careful because I know people that could make you and your stupid company, for which your father worked so hard, disappear in thin air" he hissed. There were one or two people he could use, being a rich and important family needed some protection after all.

The guy widened his eyes and stood up suddenly, glaring down at him "we'll see what happens then!" he said then he crossed the room with long steps without letting him answer and went out slamming the door. Hyukjae was so surprised that he couldn't even react, he was staring at the wall in front of him, blinking. Suddenly the door was opened again, he just had the time to turn around "I almost forgot, since I'm not as rude as you, goodbye!" Donghae said all in a breath before closing the door again. He blinked towards the door.

What the just happened?

Suddenly he realized that saying those words to the only one that could provide the materials for their new products wasn't a good idea. Like at all.

He stood up and slowly arrived at his bed, then he let his body fall on it. He looked at the ceiling, I could have been a bit, just a bit more welcoming, and maybe this wouldn't have happened. Oh well, I'm sure he won't do something like that…right? He is going to sign the contract with us and if not…whatever is my mother's fault.

~

Dinner time arrived and even if he was still bothered by what happened before, he had to go down and eat with his family…oh well his mother, because his sister was in America to study and his father was out for business, he didn't even know where. The worst moment for him every day was the meal time, because he always had to argue with his mother that wanted him to grow up, and the few times his father was there they didn't even talk much.

He arrived in the dining room, his mother was already sitting in her position, on the other side of the big table, they had such a huge and useless table, since they were only four, and lately not even that; the saddest thing was that the two spots prepared for the meals were always so far from each other. Tsk as if we were a royal family, what is all this wasted space? Such a great family we are, we could even ignore each other completely, it's even hard to hear her talking from that side of the table, he always thought.

When he was a child he even complained that he was sitting too far from his father, but once he tried to bring his plate closer to him the nanny brought him back to his place.

The table was a nice mahogany one, it was longer than large and the four edges were curved to follow the shape of the legs. As a piece of furniture, it was surely nice and rich, but surely it wasn't the best for eating. The surface was polished every morning by the maids, so even putting the arms or hands out of the small personal tablecloth was forbidden, ah such a neat freak his mother was. The rest of the room was almost empty, some portraits on the walls and a big fireplace on a side was facing three big marble steps. They had decided to put it on a lower level than the normal floor so that they could simply sit on those large steps with some pillows and a nice blanket…such a family thing, the only problem was that he used to spend time in front of the fireplace with his sister only or with the nanny, feeling like the empty spaces left by his parents were even bigger.

"Why did Donghae look annoyed when he went home? And first of all, why did he go so early? What did you do to him?" his mother started, bringing him back to the sad and boring reality.

"I didn't do anything to him, he just left" he said looking at his plate and acting as if nothing happened; of course, his mother wasn't stupid.

"Hyukjae, you know how important this is for us, we need that material for our industries and we already said the world we were going to use only local things from now on, just to promote the eco-friendly economy of the country. If we won't sign the contract I'll blame you completely!" her voice was like cold ice, how could she be so hard on his only son?

"I know, is not like they can decide to cancel the contract no?" he said shrugging. You are such a bother.

"They can if they want, that's why we agreed to create a new image for both of us. After the last scandal you created, everybody remembers you drunk getting in a taxi, and we totally need to delete that dirty image from our family. Showing people you are able to relate well with lower classes, will give you a better reputation" his mother was so serious he actually realized that maybe he shouldn't have done that with Donghae. Maybe the man was going to be angry with him forever.

"He is going to become more popular too…him and his stupid company!" he answered still not accepting to surrender to his mother's words.

"Hyukjae! Listen to me carefully, if this contract is ruined because of your silly behavior once more, I swear I'll cut all your credit cards with my own hands and you won't be able to use your car" her tone this time sounded like the worst threat and the guy gulped. I…I'm sure he is going to come again, right?

"I got it! Stop it now! God, you make every meal unpleasant for me. Can't we just be silent like we used to be? Ignoring me…I prefer that" he said, feeling the rage coming up to his eyes. He stood up immediately, surprising his mother then he stepped out of the room as fast as he could, leaving his meal on the plate. He wasn't even hungry anymore.

Why can't she simply act like a mother? Why can't I live a normal life, being free and all, we are rich we can cover up everything we want, and I don't even need to work. I don't know why she puts all this pressure on me.

He reached his room and kicked the door closed. He disliked that life so much. He was alone. Having friends? Impossible, the ones that approached him always had ulterior motives, like making him pay the bill at the pub, bringing girls to his big garden to see the swimming pool, or even borrowing his things and cards.

And now? A fake friend, as if all the others weren't fake enough. The only good point in all that situation was that at least this time he wasn't expecting to have a real relationship with someone else because it was clear from the start. They were going to use each other so that everybody could be happy. Oh well…that was the idea, but he screwed it up, and now surely Donghae was going to cancel the contract or even raise the prices for the metals.

Oh god, I'm such an idiot, I can't even do simple chores like this.

It was just that he disliked those things the most, the only thing he wanted was to be loved, and respected, while every time he had to take respect by force, or being surrounded by -kissers, just like his dad. He didn't want to lead such a sad life, with a façade family…those were the moments he missed his noona the most, she was the only one in that family that was real. She decided to study abroad, leaving him there to suffer alone; she was smart so it was easy for her to convince their parents to let her go study economics in America. This way she could have returned stronger and wiser to work in the family company. It wasn't a lie, she liked that field, but surely she was seeking some freedom too.

He punched the pillows to sleep more comfortably and rolled the blanket over him, not even bothering to change.

~

The days after weren't better, because his mother kept bothering him about the fact that Donghae didn't even call back after what happened. She even called his mother but the woman told her that his son wasn't going to visit them again. The weird thing was that his mother never mentioned the reason why the guy wasn't coming to their house; in fact, Donghae didn't seem to have told his mother all the truth, only that he disliked Hyukjae and didn't want to see him, for no particular reason.  He had been scolded anyway, and his mother even asked him to go to the company to work instead of being always at home doing nothing.

He tried to go to the company one morning, he had always done it, trying it out once in a while and then remembering why he disliked it that much. He arrived in the lobby, there was one person to open the door of his car, then a few employees that bowed to him, and another person to open the door of the hall. All those behaviors gave him goosebumps, it wasn't like he was some sort of prince, oh well he was rich and his family gave work to so many people, but still, it felt uncomfortable.

On his way to the office, lots of others bowed and let him pass before them, some others even talked behind his back, thinking he couldn't hear them, something about him being always lazy and not coming to work…stupid people, I don't have time to waste coming here.

He arrived finally at his office, it was kept clean even if he didn't show up for almost a month, such a waste of space and money. He sat down on his chair and put his feet on the desk. What should I do? Pff let's see if there is something interesting in the new technology department, maybe I can go pick a new phone, mine is starting to get plain and normal. He switched on the pc and after putting in the password he realized that someone used the computer while he wasn't there, like using it as a hard disk, oh well actually he wasn't using it so it was pointless to let all that space go wasted.

He absently looked for the news in the company, like new sales or promotions, not that he cared but he needed to make the time pass quickly. He didn't find any new piece of technology that was interesting enough for him, nor it was worth his time on trying it out, so he closed all the windows on the screen and stared at the blue desktop.

After a while, someone knocked on the door.

"Good morning sir, since you are here we were told to bring these papers to you, please read and sign them" the woman said entering the room and giving him four blue folders. Inside there were few papers, but there was so much written on them. He wrinkled his nose and closed the folder in his hands again.

"Ok, you can go now" he said moving his hand as to send her away; he didn't want her there, because every time that woman had tried to seduce him, she was probably used doing it with other colleagues, but with him it didn't work at all, she wasn’t even classy. He was alone again, he looked at the documents, signing them meant reading them and he wasn't willing to, but doing it without even knowing what there was written was bad.

What should I do? He moved the folders a bit and placed his legs on the desk again, pushing the back of the chair to sit more cozily.

He closed his eyes.

~

"What are you doing? Sleeping in your office? I knew I had to come and see for myself how you were doing. You can't do even simple chores like signing some papers" his mother almost screamed, waking him up suddenly and making him nearly fall from the chair as he jumped back to reality.  He whined and looked at her.

"This place is boring, I told you I'm useless here" he answered scratching the back of his head and standing up, ready to go home. He was even starting to feel a bit hungry anyway.

"Since you are bored, I'll make you do one of the easiest jobs, you should be able to do the balance sheets no? Miss Won, please prepare the papers for my son!" she said then she headed out of the room, turning around in his direction for a moment "wait till the secretary gives you your job then come home" that said she finally disappeared.

He sighed. Having to do that kind of job…the only thing he could do? How annoying all those numbers are things only low grades should do, not him the son of a chaebol family. He had to wait for fifteen minutes for the woman to return and bring him a stack of documents with the balance. He only needed to see if everything was in order, but god, those were something like thousands of pages.

"Bring them to my car" he said putting both hands in his pockets and exiting the room, of course, he didn't help the woman at all, not even when they stopped in front of the elevator and she had to reach out a hand to call it, trying not to make the papers fall. Sorry miss is my mother's fault for pissing me off.

~

He was sitting comfortably in his garden, a small table under a big parasol, his summer outfit, consisting of a tank top and a swimsuit, his fashion flip flops, and his white aviator sunglasses. In front of him sadly he had the papers from that morning, he had decided to work outside so that he could make use of the swimming pool when he was bored. He was doing his calculation between the different parts of the balance, and one of the numbers came out to be different from the one written down.

"You are doing it wrong" a voice said behind his back. It was weird but he perfectly recognized that voice even if he only heard it once. Donghae. He turned around and glared at him, how dare he told him he was doing it wrong? Donghae instead smirked "Here, you can't add those two numbers, because they are in different columns, even students know those basics things, if you do it right you'll see the result is right too" he said pointing at the sheet. This guy, he didn't even greet me and he is already trying to tell me what to do. But yet he was glad he was there, somehow he was scared he was going to be mad forever, and the perspective of having his cards destroyed wasn't the best for sure.

~

-------------

ok first chapter is out, I didn't re-read it...I have no time, but I assume is readable, if you find mistakes please be understanding and enjoy :)