Her past

The Love Indicator

“Jeon Ae ah!” Hyuk Jae as he watched her walked away. This wasn’t the first time which something similar had happened. He just sighed and shook his head. No matter how much Jeon Ae hates her mother for disapproving what she was doing, he always thinks that talking to them would be a much better way than just avoiding it. That’s what his good friend always does.

_

Hoya followed Jeon Ae down the studio and kept a safe distance from her. He didn’t know what to say to her. She may be still mad with the mention of her mother or maybe she just wished to be alone but needed someone just to look out for her. He observed the way Jeon Ae walked and how she frequently brushed her hair as the wind blew.

It was after nearly 10 minutes of walk before Jeon Ae turned back and realized Hoya was actually still walking behind her and smiled to him and pointed a nearby coffee shop. Hoya was surprised as Jeon Ae suddenly stopped and nodded his head as Jeon Ae asked him to go into the coffee shop with him.

“What do you want to drink?” Jeon Ae asked as Hoya entered the shop and stood beside her. She scruntized the menu and finally decided on a cup of hot chocolate. “My treat,”

“Uhhh…” Hoya looked up at the menu board and squinted his eyes. His eyesight was not so good without his specs and decided on the same thing as Jeon Ae although he didn’t know what she would be drinking, “Same as you,”

“2 cups of hot chocolate please,” Jeon Ae ordered from the barista and Hoya immediately offered his card to the guy.

“I said I’m treating!” Jeon Ae said, flustered by his actions and hurriedly dug out her card to pay.

“How can I let a girl treat me?” Hoya said and pushed his card onto the barista’s hand. “It’s fine,”

Jeon Ae sighed in defeat and said, “Then let me buy you some waffles,”

Hoya nodded his head and went to look for an empty seat before Jeon Ae went to join him. It was a nice coffee shop which Jeon Ae frequently dropped by whenever she’s feeling down or emotional. It always plays some soothing music which Jeon Ae seeks comfort from and since it has rather little customers, she always finds it grateful for the peace it offers.

Hoya kept silent as he looked at how Jeon Ae stirred and blew the hot chocolate as it was still very hot. She looked so adorable with that minimal amount of puffing of her cheeks. He couldn’t help but smile to himself.

Jeon Ae then noticed the silence and looked up to see Hoya smiling at her. She cocked up an eyebrow and asked, “Yeah? Do I even shine when I drink?”

Hoya laughed away and shook his head. “So…. You’re alright?”

Jeon Ae nodded her head and placed the cup onto the small tea table. “Used to it.. I guess,”

“Why? What happened?” Hoya asked, with a face full of concern.

Jeon Ae remained silent and decided if she wanted to tell her past to Hoya. She knew nothing of him except that he’s a famous idol but for some reason she just found him trustworthy. She looked into his eyes, those dark brown eyes of his, and decided to give it a go.

_

“Jin Jeon Ae!” Her mother shouted at her after she came back home. Jeon Ae sighed and dragged her heavy bag with her as she just had a long day- dancing.

“Yeah?” Jeon Ae said tiredly and removed the hair tie from her hair and walked into her room.

“I heard from Mi Jin that you have been going to the dance school again!” Her mother shouted and went into her room.

Her room was rather clean except that her bed was just messy from the blankets and soft toys which Jeon Ae collected. In her room, her walls were stuck with inspirational dancers’ posters and pictures who had always inspired her to dance. It was just in her blood I guess, she didn’t why but ever since young she just had the passion to dance. It didn’t matter which genre as long as she could move her body but a few years back she got hooked to pole dancing and ever since then she just loved it.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” She said with annoyance and started changing out of her school uniform, “At least I finished my homework and revision before I went to dance,”

Her mother folded her arms, clearly pissed, and looked at her daughter. She noticed those bruises Jeon Ae had on the side of her waist and winced, “You’re injuring yourself,”

Jeon Ae stopped what she was doing and took a look at her waist, “You mean this? It’s nothing. Don’t worry about me alright?”

“Stop saying all this!” Her mother raised her volume, “I just want you to lead a normal life is that so hard to achieve? I don’t get how this pole dancing thing is so important to you. What does it do for you? Does it provide you shelter and all?! People are just going to judge with this-”

And that did it. It pushed to Jeon Ae’s limits and she burst and shouted back. “It makes me happy alright?! What does it do for me?! It means everything to me!! I don’t get why you want to make me a normal person. Is that why you like Mi Jin so much? She got the brains and she’s already accepted to the law school even before the university entrance exam? You know what, that’s it, I’m not going to university even if I can get in,”

“JIN JEON AE!” Her mum shouted in anger.

“What?!” Jeon Ae hollered back, “I don’t get why you don’t like me to dance. What’s so wrong with pole dancing? Am I doing something dirty and hideous behind your back? No! Is it so wrong to pursue something you like?! And have you even seen me dance? All the time I have invited you to my dance recitals and you and dad just said you guys were busy. You had no idea how jealous I was of other kids that time….” Jeon Ae started crying as she recalled back in middle school when she was just standing in the corner after her recitals, looking at the her friends receiving flowers from their parents. Sadly, she had none that time.

“Jeon Ae ah…” Her mother softened after hearing what she had said, “Why don’t you think about your future first right? I know you are a bright kid and always in the top 5 of the class… Why give up your bright future for something you’re not even sure if you can make it big…”

“Stop your bull please, I have enough of this. I will be moving out once I’m done with the finals exam. But don’t even think that I will apply for university, I have my own dreams to pursue,” Jeon Ae replied and wiped her tears, before standing up and grabbing her bag and leaving the house again.

“Ya! Jin Jeon Ae!” Her mother shouted with tears in her eyes too, she just couldn’t stop her anymore. She just didn’t know what to do with her daughter anymore.

_

“I think that was the longest conversation I had with her back then,” Jeon Ae confided and sniffed a little as she remembered that day which she had the worst argument with her mother.

Hoya looked at Jeon Ae as many thoughts started going through his mind. He never knew that Jeon Ae had such a past and thought she was just a normal girl who just had a passion for dancing.

“I feel you,” Hoya finally said after a while. “My parents didn’t agree with my dream as becoming a singer,”

“But seems like you made it,” Jeon Ae smiled.

“And so will you,”

“But without the support of them,” Jeon Ae said and brushed her hair and looked through her phone as she realized Hyuk Jae had sent her a few messages. “Argh, this fellow is so annoying…”

“Who?” Hoya asked curiously. “The guy just now?”

“Yea,” Jeon Ae said and typed into the phone, replying Hyuk Jae, “But I got to thank him for picking me up back then when I ran away from home. If not, I wouldn’t be able to dance like how I am now,”

“So you guys know each other for a long time?” Hoya asked, “Are you guys close?”

“Yeah, his mum knows my mum and we just somehow got to know each other in the club. That’s why my mum always contacts him when she wants to find me or something,” Jeon Ae explained and took a bite of the waffle she ordered. “Hmmm~ Taste good. You want some?”

Hoya nodded and Jeon Ae cut out a small wedge for him and passing him the fork. “And Hyuk Jae’s parents supported him in doing music and look at him. Doing so well now with his the club he owns and creating awesome remixes…”

“He owns the club?!” Hoya asked, astonished.

“Yeah, awesome isn’t it?” Jeon Ae smiled and continued, “Isn’t it great to have support from your family?”

“Yeah, of course it is,” Hoya replied but was interrupted by a phone call. “Hold on,”

It was Sung Jong. “What’s up?”

“Hyung where are you? You were supposed to be back at Woollim for the Infinite H interview with Dongwoo hyung!” Sung Jong scolded him.

“Ahh~ Shoot. Totally forgot about it,” Hoya face palmed his forehead and looked at Jeon Ae who was still messaging somebody. Apparently Hyuk Jae. He felt a pinch jealously but for what reasons he wasn’t sure. “I will be back in ten,”

“Erm… I got to go…” Hoya confessed and scratched his head.

“Oh yea, sure, go ahead,” Jeon Ae said and started clearing the drinks. “Sorry for keeping you so long,”

“No, it’s fine,” Hoya smiled and stood up. “I hope I can talk to you more…”

“Sure..” Jeon Ae smiled and continued, “Thanks for hearing me out. It feels good to let it out,”

“No problem, I will see you again soon?” Hoya asked, biting his lips, hoping to receive a positive answer from her.

“Probably,” Jeon Ae replied and smiled before waving at Hoya who started light jogging out of the coffee shop.

His fang-y smile lingered in her thoughts for a while and it made her heart beat faster as she thought about it. For once, she felt like she was anticipating for the next meeting with Hoya.

 

 

___

Hello!

Sorry for the slow updates. Havent been really inspirational lately until the comeback teasers of the gorgeous 7 boys CRIES.

anw thanks for the subscription and do comment below abt it~ ^^v