Chapter 6

Online Dating

 

~6:00 P.M.~
Hyoyeon rushed home when she was done with work. She opened the door to the house and scanned for Taeyeon’s presence. Taeyeon was in the kitchen cooking dinner.
“KIM TAEYEON,” Hyoyeon walked to the kitchen.
“Yes?” she smiled at her.
“Oh don’t be so happy. How can you do this to me?” Hyoyeon said.
“Hey, I am being good friend I am and trying to help her good best friend have a dating life. So, tell me! How many requests have you gotten?” Taeyeon went to grab her laptop.
“…. I had about ten when I opened it this morning,” Hyoyeon thought.
“Wow! That’s a lot! So any guys that caught your eye?” Taeyeon typed in the website.
“Well, there is one. But I think it’s just a coincidence,” Hyoyeon thought of Eunhuyk.
“Yeah? Show me how he looks like!” Hyoyeon grabbed the laptop and went to Lee Hyukjae’s profile. 
“Wow, isn’t he a catch? So what’s so special about him?” Taeyeon asked.
“Well, he reminds of this guy I met at your friend’s party. He told me his name is Eunhyuk, but this one is Lee Hyukjae. So I guess it’s just a coincidence.” Hyoyeon explained.
“He is a catch, anyone else that caught your eyes?” 
“You can just check the ones I accepted. I only accepted the people that looked decent to me according to their looks and profile.” 
Taeyeon was examining the website, she found the notification button. It has a little mark above the message button. Curious, she clicked it, turns out it was a message from Eunhyuk.
“Does this guy really like her?” Taeyeon chuckled as he read the message. “Hyoyeon-ah, you have a message from your boyfriend,” she passed the laptop to her.
“What are you talking about?” she read the message.
 
Dear Kim Hyoyeon,
I am grateful for having you to accept my request. Since we do not know each other, I would like to give some basic information of me. My name is Lee Hyukjae, my birthday is April 4, 1986, I like to dance, and have fun. Considering how this is an online dating website, I will stop here and wait for your reply. (:
 
After finished reading, Hyoyeon was speechless. “Does this guy really have interest in me?” she thought.
“So what do you think? Are you going to reply?” Taeyeon nudged.
“Should I? I don’t know what do say thought.”
“Here, then let me help you!” Taeyeon took back the laptop.
 
Dear Lee Hyukjae,
Thank you for taking interest in me. It is very nice to meet you. My birthday is September 22, 1989, I like to dance, cook, and do many fun things! I have a few questions for you, where are you from? What is your job? What do you like to do during your free time? In return of answering my questions, you can ask me anything too. Till then, I will wait for your reply.
 
 
“Read it, like it? Or you can write it yourself!” Taeyeon scanned the message.
“Seems okay. Go ahead and send it. And if I feel any sparks I will see what happens next.” 
*vibrate*
Taeyeon grabbed her phone. She received a text message from Leeteuk. Knowing that Taeyeon is texting her boyfriend, Hyoyeon the TV.
The plan is going very well. 
I know oppa. I didn’t think Eunhuyk oppa would be so fast in replying.
Maybe he has fallen in love. Want to give them another chance to meet again?
Where though?
Weeeeeell, remember Sungmin and Sunny?
Yeah, what about them?
They are throwing a masquerade party today. 
Isn’t that a bit too formal?
Don’t worry, they said it’s just casual and formal dressing with a mask. Not too casual not too formal.
Alright then. Did you convince Eunhuyk oppa yet?
Yup, he’s on board. Do you think Hyoyeon will go?
If I go, then she will go. (: don’t worry, I will get her to go. Okay, I need to convince Hyoyeon now, bye baby. <3
Bye babes. See you later <3
 
 
“Hyoyeon-ah,” 
“Yes?”
“Tomorrow is a Saturday, want to go to a party with me?” Taeyeon sat closer to Hyoyeon.
“Where is that?” she asked.
“Remember Sunny?” 
“I haven’t seen her since their wedding!” Hyoyeon turned her attention to Taeyeon.
“Well, they are throwing a party. A masquerade party. Want to go with me?”
“I haven’t seen them for a while, but we don’t know have masks!” Hyoyeon said.
“Don’t worry, I know someone who will help us. Get dressed. We are going to Tiffany’s place,” Taeyeon grabbed her car keys.
 
*Ding-dong*
“Who is it?” Tiffany yelled from inside the house.
“Pizza delivery!” Taeyeon said in a deep voice.
Tiffany opened the door and the girls jumped in front of her and surprised her. 
“Heyyyy! What brings you guys here?” Tiffany hugged the two.
“We have a party to go to, but it is a masquerade party. We don’t have the proper attire. Since you are a such a fashionista, I thought you can help us! Where’s Siwon oppa?” Taeyeon asked. Taeyeon asked for Siwon because she is sure that he haven't seen Hyoyeon before, and since Eunhyuk and Siwon has gotten close, she didn’t want to be caught with Hyoyeon.
“You guys are going to the masquerade too? Us too! Siwon left first to see Leeteuk oppa and them. So I am here home alone getting ready. Come on in, I will fetch you some drinks.”
“Yah, Fany-ah, where is your closet? Let me go see what to wear!” Taeyeon asked.
“Let me take you girls there,” they followed Taeyeon into one of the rooms. The room was so big. It was her closet.
“Wow, your closet is so big,” Hyoyeon complimented.
“Why don’t you go ahead pick out some dresses. I will go help Tiffany make the drinks,” Taeyeon dragged Tiffany out of the room and to the kitchen.
“What you want to drink, Taeyonnie?” Tiffany looked in her fridge.
“Come here,” Taeyeon whispered.
“What is it?” 
“I am going to tell you a secret but you have to keep it to yourself!”
“Okay…”
“Okay so, Leeteuk oppa and I are trying to hook Eunhyuk oppa with Hyoyeon. But Siwon doesn’t know her yet, so Siwon cannot see Hyoyeon! Got it?” Taeyeon explained.
“Aww, that’s so cute!” Tiffany admired.
“I know right! We should get back to Hyoyeon before she gets suspicious,” Taeyeon said.
“Hyoyeon-ah, found anything yet? Oh! These drawers are the masks,” Tiffany pulled out the drawers.
“Hmm, I really like this dress. What kind of mask goes well with this dress?” Hyoyeon asked.
“Mmmm,” Tiffany scanned, “how about this one?” she picked.
“That really matches! Go and try it on!” Taeyeon clapped.
“Okay, Tiffany, where is the restroom?” Hyoyeon asked.
“Who needs the restroom, when there’s a fitting room here,” Tiffany walked over to the door. Hyoyeon walked to over to change. It was Taeyeon’s turn to pick an outfit.
“What should I wear?” Taeyeon asked as she walked passed the outfits.
“This dress with this mask!” Tiffany picked out. 
“Nice combination, okay your turn! Uhm, this one and this one?” Taeyeon picked out for Tiffany.
“Perfect! That is so me! Hyoyeon-ah, are you ready yet?” Tiffany shouted.
“What do you think?” Hyoyeon walked out.
“Oh my goodness! You look so beautiful!” Tiffany and Taeyeon complimented.
“What are you guys wearing?” Hyoyeon asked.
“You will see when we come out!” the other two girls walked in to change.
“What do you think?” the two girls came back out.
“You two look amazing!” Hyoyeon complimented.
“We just need to get our hair done and we can go!” Tiffany cheered.
The girls did each other hair, they did a wonderful job.
“Thanks for curling my hair, Taeyeon!” Tiffany thanked.
“I can never master the braiding part,” Taeyeon looked at her hair.
“I can’t do this part of my hair too,” Hyoyeon pouted.
“Alright, all dressed and ready! Who’s driving?” Tiffany wiggled the car keys.
“I will. I am the oldest,” Taeyeon took the keys.