Chapter 19

Online Dating
~The next day~
Eunhyuk opened his eyes and looked around the environment. He was in an unfamiliar area. He realized that he was .
“Oh my god, don’t tell me-” Eunhyuk hissed at himself.
“Oppa! Good morning!” Subin chimed. She just walked out of the bathroom, wearing a towel.
“Can you put on some clothes?” he looked away.
“Why? You saw everything last night,” she smiled.
“Hold in your anger in, Hyukjae. Don’t burst,” he closed his eyes.
“Did you not know I have a girlfriend?” he gritted his teeth as he glared at her.
“I… we… were… drunk…” Subin explained.
“IF YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND, HOW CAN YOU JUST WALK OUT OF THE RESTROOM JUST WEARING A TOWEL?!” Eunhyuk yelled.
“You were also drunk! You didn’t know what you were doing too!” she defended.
“Huuh, it already happened. Let’s put this behind us. Tell me that we used protection,” he sighed.
“No, but I think I am on birth control,” she answered.
“You think?! Forget it. Can you change in the bathroom?” he rubbed his temples.
“If you want,” she dragged herself into the restroom.
When Subin came out, Eunhyuk was already gone. She noticed a note on her mirror.
“If anything, call me.” She looked at the bottom and saw his phone number.
“Wow, this is easier than I thought,” she smirked.
 
“Mr. Lee?” Hyoyeon knocked on the door.
“Yes, come in,” he answered. “What is it?” he warmly smiled at her.
“I was thinking of your offer for Japan,” she said.
“Okay. What do you think?” he asked.
“I’ll go,” she replied.
“Great. We can start tomorrow. Bring your secretary with you, Seohyun,” he continued his paper work.
“Eh? I don’t have time to prepare,” she was surprised.
“Oh. That’s no problem then. I’ll give you and your secretary the rest of the day off then. I’ll tell me secretary to book a flight for three. I will email the information in a few hours,” he focused onto signing some work.
“Alright then. May I know how long are we going for?” she asked before leaving.
“At least a week or so. Depends how long it takes to get the contract signed. I recommend to bring extra clothes just in case. Oh, remember to bring formal and normal clothing. If we get finish earlier, you two are free to do whatever you want,” he looked at Hyoyeon.
“Yes, sir. I will take my leave now,” she left.
 
“Seohyun-ah,” she called her name.
“Yes?”
“I know this is a rush, but we are going to Japan tomorrow. We are going with Mr. Lee to do the contract. We have the whole day off to pack. Remember to bring formal and normal clothing too.” 
“Does that mean we are leaving now to pack? When are we leaving? How long are there for?” Seohyun asked.
“At least a week he said. It depends how long it takes though. Mr. Lee will email me the information later. When I know what time are leaving, I will call you,” Hyoyeon thoroughly answered.
 
Eunhyuk left Subin’s apartment and got into his car. He didn’t know what to do. He was confused. 
“How did I get so drunk last night? I don’t even remember anything.” He took out his phone and dialed a number. He called Heechul.
 
Hyung.
Yeah? What’s up?
Where are you?
Uh, I just finished my case. So I’m on break now. I’m at home.
Can I come over?
Sure. Anything wrong?
I’ll tell you later.
Do you want me to call the other boys?
I… I don’t know.
Eunhyuk, what is going on? Did something happen?
Hyung, I don’t know what to do right now.
How about you come over and talk about this first.
 
Heechul hung up. “What did this kid do?” About a half hour later, Eunhyuk arrived.
“Dude, you look so messed up,” Heechuk saw his face. Eunhyuk’s face was sad and gloomy.
“Hyung, I did something terrible. I have no one to turn to.”
“What are you talking about. You do realize you are talking to an FBI member right. If you don’t anything illegally, I can arrest you for it,” he stated.
“I didn’t do anything that’s illegal. It’s just… I… did something that… that would… break her heart…” Eunhyuk rubbed his face.
“Her heart? You mean Hyoyon? What in the hell did you do, Lee Hyukjae?” Heechul glared at him.
“I got drunk…”
“Are you freaking telling me that you slept with a girl from a bar?” Heechul’s attitude turned cold.
“She was a girl I met at the mall…” he sadly looked at Heechul.
“Are you kidding me. Why did you go to a bar with a girl you just met?! I could punch you right now,” Heechul gripped onto his chair. Eunhuyk began to tell Heechul the story.
“Wait, so Hyoyeon went to the restroom and you haven’t seen her since?” Heechul asked.
“Yeah. She told me she was sick so she called Taeyeon to pick her up.”
“Can’t she ask you to drive you home?”
“I did think of that, but-”
“You were too busy taking care of a college student, yeah I know,” Heechul rolled his eyes. “In my years in the FBI, every action someone commits has a reason. The question right now is, what is her reason for leaving without telling you, especially when you could’ve taken her home.” A few seconds of silence, Heechul thought of the answer. 
“Oh my god, I think I know…” Heechul furrowed his brows.
“What?”
“There is a high chance of her seeing you kissing the girl.”
Eunhyuk took a few minutes to process what Heechul said. Immediately, he stood up, walked over to the door and put on his shoes. “I’m going to look for Hyoyeon,” as he opened the door he called Hyoyeon. Of course, it went to voicemail. Eunhyuk looked at the time, “She must be working right now,” he thought.
“Thanks, hyung. I really appreciate your help,” he thanked before leaving.
“Don’t worry. You’ll get beat up later,” Heechul closed the door.
 
Hyoyeon was already at home making a list of things to bring for Japan. With so many things to do, she completely for about Eunhyuk.
“Comfortable shoes, heels, dresses, shirts…” she continued thinking. After 30 minutes going by, she finished her list. 
“Now onto packing,” she smiled. Hyoyeon went to her closet to take out her suitcase and began folding clothes to put in the suitcase. Halfway into packing, her phone started to ring. She quickly rushed over to her phone, Lee Hyukjae <3, the phone displayed. Hyoyeon froze, her heart began to sting bit by bit. She sighed and just left her phone the table and continued packing. 
Two hours passed by, in the middle of packing, she forgot about Eunhyuk again. She has finally finished and put her suitcase aside. Her phone vibrated and made a sounding, she received an email. Hyoyeon went on to read what did the email say. It was about the trip she’ll be going on tomorrow. 
 
To: Kim Hyoyeon
From: Lee Junho
Subject: Japan Trip
 
Hello, Hyoyeon.
We will be leaving at 10 A.M. tomorrow. I expect you and Seohyun to be there before that time. I will have a driver prepared for the three of us. We will meet at the office. Which means, you need someone to drive you to the office and drop you off. That is all.
Sincerely,
    Lee Junho 
 
“Time to call Seohyun now,” she scrolled down her contacts. At the same time, she looked at the time, 3: 47. “Time goes by fast when you’re busy. Ah, Taeyeon must be home soon. I should start cooking after I call Seohyun.”
 
“Hello, I am looking for Kim Hyoyeon,” Eunhyuk asked the main office.
“Hold on, sir,” the employee dialed the office Hyoyeon was in. “Someone wants to see Hyoyeon-shi, may I send him up?” the worker asked. “Really? Oh, okay then. Thank you.”
“Apologies, sir. Apparently, Ms. Kim has gone home early today.”
“May I know why?”
“I am sorry, I do not know the reason.”
“Thanks,” he walked away.
Eunhyuk went into his car and called Hyoyeon again. It went straight to voicemail again.
“Come on, Hyo. Why aren’t you picking up my calls? Where are you?” he said after the beep.
“If she left early, she must be home,” Eunhyuk drove to her place.
 
“I’m hooome!” Taeyeon shouted when she came in.
“Taengoo, this is my home now,” Hyoyeon joked.
“Still my home,” Taeyeon smiled. “I saw your car, why are you home so early?” she asked.
“Oh, I told my boss that I am willing to go to Japan and he said he wants to leave tomorrow so he gave me a day off to pack.”
“When are you leaving tomorrow?”
“Ten. But I’m going to leave the house around 9. You need to drop me off though. Is that okay?” 
“Yeah. Of course! Anything for my Hyoyeonnie!” Taeyeon went over to hug her.
“Yah! I’m cooking! You are going have oil splat onto us!” Hyoyeon smiled.
“Fine fine. Do you need help?” 
“No, I’m almost done anyways.”
“Then I will go change and be right back!” Taeyeon was about to leave when someone rang the doorbell and banged the door.
“Hyoyeon! I know you’re in there! I saw your car! Open up!” Eunhyuk shouted.
Taeyeon and Hyoyeon made eye contact. Hyoyeon shook her head. She wasn’t ready to face Eunhyuk yet. Taeyeon quickly went over to Hyoyeon. “I’ll deal with him. You go into your room first.” Hyoyeon rushed into her room and closed the door. “Best I hide in the closet just in case he comes into the room,” before doing that, she quickly grabbed her phone and silenced it and brought it with her to the closet.
“Oppa? What’s wrong?” Taeyeon pretended everything was normal. No matter how much she wanted to tell at him, she kept it in. “For Hyoyeon. For Hyoyeon,” she thought.
“Where’s Hyoyeon? I saw her car outside,” Eunhyuk looked around the house.
“Oh, she’s not home. She went out with Tiffany,” Taeyeon lied.
 
Hyoyeon can hear what they are saying, reflexively, she quickly texted Tiffany.
 
Tiffany!
Yeah?
I’ll tell you what’s wrong later but if Hyukjae calls you, can you just tell Hyukjae that I went out with you?
….. Okay then. What happens if he calls Siwon oppa? Siwon is with me right now.
I will explain everything to him. Just tell him to tell Hyukaje that I am with you.
Okay. Don’t make me worry.
 
“Why would she be out with Tiffany if she went home early? I went to work place.”
“She wasn’t feeling well that’s why.”
“Then why is she out with Tiffany if she’s not well?”
“She must’ve taken Hyoyeon to find medicine. I don’t know. I just got home not too long ago.”
“Are you lying to me? What happens if I look in Hyoyeon’s room?” he quickly got up and ran to her room and opened it.
“No!” Taeyeon shouted and went to stop him when she found out that Hyoyeon wasn’t there.
“See?! I told you!” 
“Then why were you panicking when I opened the door?” he closed the door.
 
Hyoyeon hiding insider her closet was anxious. She was shaking. Afraid that he can open the closet and found out she’s in there. When she heard the door closed, she sighed a relief. “Thank goodness he didn’t come in here,” she thought.
“Because, what right do you have to open a door to a GIRL’S room?” Taeyeon sternly replied. “Now, if you will excuse me, I have to prepare dinner and bring it over to Oppa.”
“Why can’t you cook at your own place?”
“Like we both said, Hyoyeon isn’t feeling well so I came here to check on her and cook her food too. But when I came in she wasn’t home so I called her. Geez,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.
“Fine. I am sorry I was overreacting. I just haven’t seen her since yesterday and she isn’t picking up my calls.”
“She is sick. She needs sleep. She must be in a loud area for her not to know the phone is ringing.”
“I guess I will leave now,” Eunhyuk went to the door.
“Yeah… and never come back to see her,” she softly muttered.
“What?” Eunhyuk looked up.
“What?” Taeyeon said.
“Nothing. I thought you said something. Well, I’m going to leave now. Tell Hyoyeon to call me when she comes back.”
“Okay, yeah. Bye,” Taeyeon closed the door.
Afterwards, Taeyeon went to Hyoyeon’s room. “Hyoyeon? He’s gone. You can come out now,” she looked around the room.
“Finally,” she came out of the closet.
“You know you can’t hide from him forever.”
“I know, but since I am going to Japan and be gone for a week or two. I can, for now.”
“This have to be settled sooner or later.”
“I know, but I’m not ready.”