Chapter 12

Online Dating
“Considering how there’s a possibility that you used that line on every other girl, I don’t think I would believe you.”
“I’m serious, Hyoyeon. You are different from any girl I ever met. Be my girlfriend, will ya?” 
“It’s too soon. We barely know each other. How about we start out as friends, okay?” she suggested.
“Okay. Fine. I’m not going to give up, Kim Hyoyeon. I, Lee Hyukjae will make you mine,” he sneakily pecked her cheek.
“I said we are going to start out as friends, oppa.”
“Wait, what? Say that again!” he smiled.
“We are going to be friends.”
“After that.”
“I didn’t say anything after that.”
“Yes you did! You called me oppa!” he smiled.
“No, I didn’t.”
“Uh-huh.”
“Nuh-uh.”
“It’s late, I should get home before Taeyeon freaks out,” Hyoyeon walked ahead.
“Wait! A friend should walk their friend home! Let’s go!” he linked arms with her.
 
“When is Eunhyuk oppa going to bring Hyoyeon home? It’s already 10,” Taeyeon looked at the clock.
“Don’t worry. They don’t have a car remember. They shouldn’t be so far from here. I’m pretty sure they are on the way home,” Leeteuk assured.
“I’m home!” Hyoyeon opened the door.
“Thanks for the keys, Taeyeon,” he returned the keys.
“Sooo, is everything cool?” Taeyeon eyed the two.
“Never been better,” Eunhyuk put his hands on Hyoyeon’s shoulders.
“May I ask, what is your relationship status now?” Leeteuk pointed.
“Friends.” “Soon to be in a relationship friends.” 
“Say that again, and get out of my place,” Hyoyeon warned.
“Oh, feisty. I like that,” Eunhuyk ruffled her hair.
“Leeteuk oppa, I think you should take this man home. He is getting even more weird by the minute,” Hyoyeon said.
“Alright. Good night girls. See you soon, babe,” Leeteuk gave Taeyeon a kiss.
“Bye, loveley,” Eunhyuk winked at Hyoyeon.
 
Taeyeon closed the door. Afterwards, she bombarded Hyoyeon with questions.
“What happened? Are you his girlfriend now? Where did you two go? Tell me! Tell me! I want to know too! No wait! I should call Tiffany and Sunny too! This calls for a sleepover!” Taeyeon clapped.
“Aigoo. I need some time alone. Nothing happened. We are just going to be friends. This isn’t such a big deal. Just tell Tiffany and Sunny that I found out the big secret. I have work tomorrow. I go sleep now. Night!” Hyoyeon waved and closed the door of her bedroom.
 
“Are you really going to go after Hyoyeon?” Leeteuk asked as he was driving.
“Of course. She might be the one,” Eunhyuk smiled. His eyes sparkled as he thought of Hyoyeon.
“Aigoo, our Hyukkie has fallen in love for once. This calls for a celebration.”
“Dramatic much, hyung?”
“How are you going to get her to fall heads over heels for you?”
“Simple. I’ll do what I always do. Except, this time, I mean what I do.”
 
~The next day; Hyoyeon in her office~
“Ms. Kim, someone sent flowers to you. Do you want me to bring them in?” her secretary asked.
“Yeah, send them in please. Thank you.” Hyoyeon continued doing her work. It was quite a busy day. She had to test a few items and read information about it too. Not to mention that she had to take notes of what happens to the item.
“Flowers for Ms. Kim Hyoyeon?” someone came in the room with a bouquet of flowers.
“Yes, place it over here please,” she pointed to the corner of her desk without looking up.
“Would you like anything to drink?” the person asked.
“Yes, an ice latte please.”
“Coming right up!” the person left the room.
“Wait, what? Isn’t he just a delivery man? Must’ve been playing a prank on me.” she thought.
 
“Dayoung-ah, can you tell me who was the man that just came in? Was he the delivery man?” Hyoyeon asked her secretary through the phone.
“He isn’t the delivery man. He said he had flowers for you, so I let him in. He came here before.”
“Oh really?” “Hmm, not many people come to visit me, the last time someone came was… Hyukjae.”
“Never mind. I know who he is. Thanks Dayoung.”
“No problem, Ms. Kim.”
“If he comes here again, just let him right in.”
“Okay.”
 
Hyoyeon finally remembered about the flowers. “Wow, this is pretty. I need to put it in a vase before it dries out.”
“Dayoung-ah, can you bring me a vase. I need to put the flowers in it. Remember to fill it with water,” she called her secretary again.
“Be right there, Ms. Kim.”
After putting the flowers in the vase, Hyoyeon continued to work. It was already 2, which mean it was lunch time. Hyoyeon was getting ready to go to a nearby café to have her lunch, but someone came in.
“An ice latte and lunch for Kim Hyoyeon?” someone’s head poked in through the door.
Hyoyeon looked up at the person. It was Hyukjae after all. 
“Thanks, Hyukjae. I didn’t really expect you to actually bring me the latte… 2 hours later,” she joked. She opened the lunch box and it was kimchi fried rice.
“How did you know I like eating this?” she smiled when she saw the lunch.
“I had to call Taeyeon. Luckily, I know how to cook this. My Noona enjoys eating this too.”
“Wow, you know how to cook too?”
“Hey, I’m not called the ‘Perfect Boyfriend Package’ for nothing!” he laughed.
“Very funny, where’s your lunch?”
“Don’t worry, I ate before I came here. How long does your lunch last?”
“An hour.”
“Great! Then we can-”
“Before you say we can go out, I am very busy today. I don’t have time.”
“I do! I’ll help you!”
“Don’t you have a job to go to?”
“Today’s my day off!”
“Hmm, alright. We have a bunch of stuff to do today.”