Chapter 23

Online Dating

~Six months later; June~

Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk went out to have lunch.

“What do you want to do later?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Mmm, I want to… I want to… hm, what time is it?” Hyoyeon knew where she wanted to go.

“It’s 1:39 right now. Where do you want to go?” he looked at her.

“Let’s go to a theme park! I haven’t been there in a while!” she clapped.

“Great! I’ll go pay the check and use the restroom real quick,” he got off his seat. Before leaving, he didn’t forget to give Hyoyeon a kiss on the cheek.

Right when he left, his phone rang. “Hyuk- oh, he already went to the restroom.” She looked at the called ID, it was unknown. She decided to pick up anyway.

 

Hello?

Hello? Oppa? It’s me, Subin.

May I ask who is this?

Oh, you must be his girlfriend.

And you are?

May I speak with Oppa? I need to tell him something.

 

“Subin? Who is Subin? Wait, isn’t that the girl that almost broke us up?” Hyoyeon thought.

 

What is it that you need to tell him? You can tell me and I will relay the message.

I think it is better if I talk to Oppa first.

Excuse me, but who are you to call him, oppa?

Fine, Eunhyuk-shi. I would like to talk to Eunhyuk-shi. It is urgent.

What is so urgent that you have to call someone’s boyfriend?

I’m pregnant. With his baby.

What? Say that again.

I am pregnant with your boyfriend’s baby. I told you that it is better if I talked to him.

Alright. This is not a problem at all. He and I had already sort this out. We would deal with this problem together. Alright, Subin-shi, when are you available? I would like to see you.

Wh-what? … You two would settle this matter together?

Yes, we are going to. Now, I would like to settle this situation as fast as possible. So, Subin-shi, when is the next time you are free?

I… I… I… am not sure yet. I will be sure to text Eunhyuk-shi the time I will be free.

No, you don’t have to text him. I’ll be sure to send you my number after our call ends. You can talk to ME instead. Now, I am busy. I will be sure to tell him this situation. Good bye.

 

Hyoyeon hung up. She sighed. Not so long later, Eunhyuk sat down.

“Sorry, I was taking a dump.”

“... Must you tell me that? We are at a restaurant!” Hyoyeon face-palmed herself, and let out a smile. “Oh, that Subin girl called,” Hyoyeon started packing her bag, getting ready to leave.

“What did she say?” Eunhyuk was surprised.

“Let’s go to the car first,” she extended her hand.

 

“So what happened?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Oppa, she said she’s pregnant, with your baby,” Hyoyeon said with a straight face. “Oppa, I love you a lot. I told you that we are going to work this problem together and we will, okay? Don’t be worried.”

“Hyoyeon, this is has been bothering me, but I haven’t said anything to you. I discussed with Heechul hyung with this and he also found it suspicious.”

“What’s wrong?” she looked at him.

“I just find it weird. You know I don’t always get drunk. I have high intolerance, but that night, I just got drunk. I know when to stop too. So it doesn’t make sense to me.”

“What did Heechul oppa say it?”

“Well, the only that made sense was that she drugged me. Other than that, there is no other reason,” he went to hold her hand.

“Wait, how old is she?”

“I don’t remember. I think she is a college student?”

“Well, I told her that we will meet her when she has time. Maybe we should have Heechul oppa keep an eye on her.”

“But the thing is, it’s been so many months. Her stomach is big right now. Why didn’t she call me when she knew she was pregnant. Why now?”

“Why don’t we keep this low key for a bit then, oppa? We will stay calm in this situation and see what can Heechul oppa find about this girl. Enough about her, let’s just continue with our day!”

“You’re right, let’s just have fun,” he reached over to put on her seat belt. It made her heart flutter. Even after being together for a year, little gestures still makes her heart flutter.

 

~1 week later~

“Oppa, I’m going to text her,” she took out her phone.

“You want to handle this now? Should we?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Uhm, well. I don’t know. But it’s good to try!” she started typing her message.

 

Hi, this is Eunhyuk’s girlfriend. I am free this week. I would like to meet you tomorrow.

 

“I thought you were going to ask her when she is free,” he read the message over her shoulder as she pressed send.

“I’M the girlfriend. Therefore, she gets to work around MY time,” she leaned against him.

“Aigoo, of course my girlfriend is the best,” he wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

What time?

 

“She replied. What time do you want to meet her?” Hyoyeon showed him the text.

“Mmm, some time around lunch. We will show her that we can overcome any obstacle,” he put his chin on her shoulder.

 

I will meet you at 1:30 tomorrow at the restaurant that’s in Seoul Plaza.

 

~The next day~

“Table for 3 please. The other two hasn’t arrived yet,” Subin said.

“That’s fine. Right this way,” the waitress directed.

“I’ll wait until they arrive before I start ordering.”

 

“Oppa, should we keep her waiting even more?” Hyoyeon looked at her watch. “It’s been 10 minutes,” she looked at him.

“Five more minutes, then we will get out of the car,” Eunhyuk said.

“Then what do you want to do for the next five minutes?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Truth or dare?” he answered.

“Dare.”

“I dare you to take off your socks and smell it!”

“....Do you really want to see your girlfriend do that?”

“Why not? I’m okay with it!”

“You’re disgusting,” she took off her Converse then her sock and gave her sock a sniff.

“But you love me,” he smiled.

“My turn. Truth or dare?”

“Dare.”

“I dare you to… smell your feet! For 10 seconds!” she laughed.

“... I hate you,” he took off his shoe.

“I know you love me, babe.”

The game went on for about ten minutes.

“Oh my gosh! We forgot about the time!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

“Fine fine fine, let’s go,” he got out of the car.

“Welcome, table for two?” the waitress greeted.

“No, she’s already here,” Eunhyuk said, holding hands with Hyoyeon.

“Subin-shi,” Eunhyuk called her.