The Tasks

When Snow White Fell on your Doorstep

“L, wake up!”  Sunggyu shakes his dongsaeng’s shoulder.  He glances at the wall clock.  It reads 6:30am.

“Hyung, later..”  Myungsoo mumbles, not even opening his eyes.  He curls up a bit, trying to fit his body to the living room’s couch while hugging a pillow he stole from Sungjong’s room.  He ignored Sungyeol’s offer last night to share room with him, ending him up on the cold living room.

“Aish…  I am running late L.  Get up now and cook breakfast.  Look after Sungjong and our visitor because the other’s left already!”  He lifts up Myungsoo’s arm but the latter pulls it away from him.  Sunggyu sighs and eyed the DSLR on the center table.  “Stand up now or I will kidnap your baby Canon!”  He said with a threatening voice.

Myungsoo abruptly gets u after hearing his Hyung’s threat.  “No one touches my baby!”  He said possessively and grabs the camera in the table, away from Gyu’s wicked eyes.

Sunggyu nods, trying to control his laughter over Myungsoo’s reaction.  “Alright.  I’ll go now.  Emergency call.  I left all the things you need to do in the front of the refrigerator.”  Said Sunggyu and hurriedly approaches the door, not giving Myungsoo time to whine.

“I got the note Hyung!  Don’t worry.  I will look after L hyung and Snow White!”  Sungjong exclaimed from the kitchen.  Myungsoo brushes his hair with his fingers and lies back on the couch.  He faintly heard Sungjong’s voice whining about him sleeping again but who cares? 

******

After few tries, she finally gets u from the bed.  She is still wearing a shoulder brace to support her broken arm and pain is still all over her body.  She climbs down the bed and walk straight to the door.  Nature’s calling.  She needs a bathroom.

“It’s so quiet.”  She said and opens the door with her free hands.  She looks left and right, figuring out where the bathroom is.  After a while, she found it at the end of the hallway.

******

1.        Jieun’s meal.

2.       Jieun’s medicine.

3.       Clean the house.

4.       Don’t let Sungjong sneaks all the snacks to his bedroom.

5.       Cook lunch and dinner.

Myungsoo runs his finger again on his messy hair and chuckles.  “What the hell is this?Jieun? Jieun?  Clean?”  He mumbled and looks at the food in the dining table.  Sungjong is nowhere to be seen.  Seems like Number four from Sunggyu’s list is violated. 

He was gone for a week, travelling at the countryside for his love in photography.  He went with a bunch of other photographers who are inclined with landscapes.  He never expected that there’ll be changes when he came back.  He lazily grabs the pancake and stats eating his breakfast when a loud scream coming upstairs almost choke him to death.

“L hyung!  L hyung!!!”  Sungjong was shouting like crazy with his girly voice.  He quickly climbs upstairs, finding Sungjong in front of his room with a worried face.

“Wae?”  He asks.

“S-she’s missing.”  Sungjong said, pointing inside his room.  “Jieun Noona is missing!”  The maknae exclaimed again.

He shrugs.  Well, good for him.  He’ll have his room back!  He snaps out of his thought as Sungjong jumps and runs behind him, looking at the bathroom’s door at the end of the hallway slowly opening.  Jieun came out with a startled face, looking at them with her scared eyes.

“D-don’t kill me…please..”  She whispers.