The Decision

When Snow White Fell on your Doorstep

“No Sanghyun, you have to stay here.”  Kahi firmly said as she stands beside her son’s bed in the hospital.  She had him confined before making formal announcement to the public about the “kidnapping” of her stepdaughter.

Sanghyun gritted his teeth in agony.  Why does he have to follow everything his mother ordered him to do?  Why did he have to hurt the person he loves for the sake of her?  Because she is his mother.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Her mother had him beaten up after Jieun escaped.  He secretly thanks God and prayed for her safety, even though the guilt of bringing her to her own death haunts him.  God knows how much he loves her., how much he wanted to kill himself now for being a coward.  But he still needs to make sure that Jieun is safe.

“Do you know that because of your stupidness, your stepsister is alive and breathing somewhere.  If you just kill her that time and did not hesitate, then maybe now we are standing, crying on her funeral because she died because of a thief.  But you made everything complicated. “ Kahi’s voice is shivering from anger.

He tried not to look at her mother and blankly stared at the ceiling.  She is heartless, even making her son a murderer for her ambition to have everything that Jieun have.  How long does he have to wait before he can decide on his own? 

“Jieun, bogoshipeo…”

***

“Noona…” Sungjong mumbles as he stared at her as if they are caught doing a crime.  Sungyeol quickly get a dustpan and broom and cleared the shards of the broken glass.

“Don’t move Jieun.  You might get hurt.”  Sunggyu warned her as he watch the quick Sungyeol cleaned the mess.  But Sunggyu didn’t have to warn her because she is just standing still on her feet, frozen, body is shivering.   Her eyes are staring straight to Hoya.

“Please, don’t give me to them.”  Her voice was low and begging.  “He told me..he told me not to come back.”  She utter and break down to her knees in the clean floor.  Sunggyu quickly go to her and tried to help her up.

Jieun grabs Sunngyu’s arm and looks at him with a begging and scared eyes.  Her tears are not stopping and her sobs are getting heavier as time passes by.  Sunggyu lifts her up and carried her.  “I will bring her back to the room.”  He said with a serious tone.

“B-but hyung..”  Hoya exclaimed but Sunggyu did not listen and went upstair with Jieun in his arms.

Hoya sighed as he sits in the couch.  “What’s happening to him?’

Dongwoo sits beside him.  “He is just worried.  He is a doctor and his purpose is to save people, right?

Hoya shakes his head with disbelief and looks at the other guys who are still in awe with everything they knew.  Except one.  Kim Myungsoo.  He is back on his computer, acting as if nothing had happened.

***

“She is asleep.”  Sunggyu said as he came down after 30 minutes.  The others are still in the living room.  They knew that Sunggyu will be back and will be talking to them about their decision. They all sit in the couch and silently look at each other.

“Did she tell you what really happened?  Why is she afraid that we will tell her family that she is here?”  Woohyun asked.

“That… she was mumbling things when I asked her.  Its really hard to interrogate her on her current state. But I think its her family that wanted to harm her.”  The doctor said.

Myungsoo chuckles upon hearing what their hyung said.   We are not in a drama to be caught in a situation like this.  And why do we have to believe everything she said?  She is not our responsibility.” 

Hoya nods in agreement with Myungsoo’s words.  “And if, she is really in danger because of her family, it’s her own business to solve it.  Not ours.  And our safety lies here too.  C’mon Hyung, let’s just report to the police that she is safe.”

“B-but Hyung…”  Sungjong voices out his disagreement.  “She might be harmed again if we return her.  What kind of family would make her suffer like that?  Its really..its really pitiful.”  The maknae was already in the brink of tears.

Sunggyu raises his hand and signals them to shut up.  He sighs.  “We need to keep her.  Not permanently but  we just need to make sure that she is safe before we tell the police.  Its unreasonable, maybe, in your part guys, but I believe Jieun.  You saw how wounded she is.  You witnessed how scared she was especially when she heard Hoya saying that we need to return her to her family.  I won’t just stand here and ignore the fact that she is in real danger once we let her go out of this house.  Let’s not be impulsive on making decision.  We knew well how we all get here together.  And I hope Jieun won’t be an exception.”  His said with a fixed voice.

“I don’t have any complaint about it.  Just don’t expect me to do things for her.  Take me out of that list hyung.”  Said Sungyeol and stands up.  “I am going to sleep.  Goodnight.”

Sungjong, Woohyun and Dongwoo raised their hands.

“I am going to take care of Noona.”  Sungjong said while wiping his tears.  “You will help me right Dongwoo Hyung?”

Dongwoo nodded and pats their maknae’s head. 

"I will cook her meals!"  Woohyun said.

Sunggyu looks at Hoya and Myungsoo who disagreed with the idea of keeping Jieun with them.  The two guys both shrugged their shoulders off and stand up.

“I will share with Sungyeol’s bed now, but I will use my room starting tomorrow.”  Myungsoo firmly said and left without waiting for Sunggyu's answer. Hoya followed him with a frown on his face.

“Omo Hyung, what are we going to do?  L Hyung wants his room back.”  Sungjong exclaimed.

“We still have one room left, right hyung?”  Dongwoo stated and point his finger up.  “I mean we have a big attic, don’t we?”

Sunggyu’s head light up and nods in agreement.  “I think we have a serious cleaning day waiting for us tomorrow then.”

***

 

Hmmm...do you know how happy I am right now?

*bows*

Thank you for your support and for waiting for so long.  Thank you for loving my twisted Fairytale about Snow White.

*hugs everyone*

 

THE STORY JUST BEGAN HERE.