The Fluttering Heart

When Snow White Fell on your Doorstep

“Marshmallows?”

Little Jieun looked up and was greeted by a cute boy wearing a tuxedo, holding a little jar of marshmallows.  His eyes are smiling on her, though his face is showing a serious expression.

A grand party is happening on the front lawn of their house.  Its her father’s birthday and lots of wealthy guests came.  She sneaked out from it for she cant understand what the older folks are talking.  Its all business and money-making topics.  She decided to hide on her most favorite part of their big place, the tree house.  It is located on the huge tree at their backyard.  Her father had it built as a gift for her on her 6th birthday.

She blinked few times, making sure she is really seeing a boy invading her precious place.

“W-who are you?”  She asked in a scared voice. 

The boy scratches his head.  “I’m sorry for disturbing you here.  I am the son of one of the guests at the party.  Do you want some marshmallows?”  He asked again.

She did not answer, still looking at him with her surprised wide eyes.  He leaned close to her and pokes her cheek gently.

“I am not a bad kid.  I saw you with your frowning face on the crowd a while ago.  So I followed you here…to give you marshmallows.  You know…”  He clears his throat cutely.”…to cheer you up.”

“Why?”  She asked.

He tilted his head, then put the jar between her hands.  “Because… I don’t know?”  He chuckled a bit.

“T-thank you..though I can’t understand you.”  She said, not finding any words to say to the stranger.

“Smile.  You are very pretty to be frowning and hiding like this.”  He said and patted her head.

“Y-yah…”  She gasped with the boy’s touch.

“Jieunnie??? Jieun!!!”  Sanghyun’s voice echoed in the backyard.  He already noticed that Jieun sneaks out from the party.

“Oh..someone’s looking for you.  I’ll go now…”  He said in a hurry and approaches the wooden door.

“W-wait…”  She stopped him.  He looked at her and smile.

“What’s your name?”  Jieun asked.

“Myungsoo.  Kim Myungsoo.”

 

*****

“May I come in?”  Myungsoo said, almost leaning his face on his room’s door.  He was answered by a complete silence, making him frown a bit.  He heaves a sigh and gently opens the door.  He poked his head first and checks if she is sleeping or not, only to be startled by meeting her wide eyes looking at him directly.  He can tell by that look that she is scared.  Of course, who won’t be if you are inside the house of seven strangers after facing death of whatever happened to her before she fell on their doorstep.

He cleared his throat once again and slid his body inside the room, losing that common sense of opening the door wide to come in “normally”.  “I..I am sorry for disturbing you.  I just need to get some of my things here.”  He said, trying to avoid her eyes. 

After hearing his voice, Jieun looks away but still gripping her blanket tight.  He shrugs a bit and went straight to his closet, grabbing his clothes quickly, causing some of his clothes to fell on the floor.   He scratches his head and starts picking up his clothes.  He was frozen when he saw a pair of bare feet beside his clothes on the floor.  He looks up and saw Jieun standing in front of him.  He immediately stand straight, taking one step away from her.  She did not say a single word to him, instead, she started picking his clothes up and put it back to his closet.

“Aigoo….”  He faintly said and tried to stop her.

“Miss, I can do it.  You are sick.”  He said and grab his clothes from her.  Its embarrassing, because some of it are his underwear.  He covered the gap between Jieun and his closet and gave her a serious look that made her stop and look at him again, this time, with a different expression on his face he can’t define.  Something like fondness?  He must be hallucinating.

“I am sorry.  I..I just wanted to help.  You let me stay here in your room.”  She said, rubbing her shoulder while looking a bit tired.

“A-are you hurt?  Is it painful?”  Myungsoo points her shoulder.  He quickly put all the clothes inside the closet then get back to her.  “Please rest.  You are making me n-nervous.”  He said and grab her unharmed arm and pulls her gently on the bed.  He gave her an assuring smile and pats her head then quickly grabs all the things he needs like his camera lenses, some mangas and his clothes and hurriedly went to the door.

“W-wait…”  Jieun said, making him stop to his feet.

“W-wae?”  He said and looked at her.

“W-what’s your name?”  She asked, despite knowing that he is called L by people there.

“Myungsoo.  Kim Myungsoo.”  He said and left.

 

____________ ooo_______________

After a busy week of work, here's an update my dear readers.  I hope you'll like it.  See you the next update. 

I made a new poster for this story, so please don't forget to check the foreword. :)

I will be leaving you a good song that's been recently became one of my favorite, one of the reason too why I made that song title this chapter's title.

Something Flutters (Ra.D)

Its an ost from Dating Agency Cyrano.  Who's watching it?  It's down to its last two episodes. :)

PS:  Make unnie happy and leave some comments.  It lifts me up.  MyungU hwaiting!!!