The Denial

When Snow White Fell on your Doorstep

Chapter Fifteen

[DAY 23]

Myungsoo's POV

I feel like I am seeing a completely different person standing in front of me.  Even I was amazed by my transformation just by wearing a suit and tie.  Grasping for answers with my actions these past few days, her eyes keeps on popping inside my head.  Never did I imagine that I will be working under my father’s wings.  But its like a strong force is pushing me into it.  Something inside me tells me I am doing the right thing but at the same time, a budding fear is starting to eat me.

But I started this already.  And there is no turning back.  I am doing this for myself, not for Jieun.  This is for my mere curiosity, not for someone I just met.  This is to bring back our normal life inside this house.

“Are you sure with that?  Convince me more.  You are definitely lying.  This is for Jieun.”  My traitor consciousness seems to talk to me more these past few days.  Its like a broken record that keeps on playing one line:  Lee Jieun.

“Myungsoo oppa…”  Jieun’s voice followed by a soft knock on my door brings me back to my senses.  Speaking of the devil.

I looked at the mirror again and brushes few strands of my hair hanging loosely in my forehead then proceed on opening the door.  “Do you need something?”  I quickly asked her between the slightly opened door.  Jieun is wearing a yellow sundress that Sungjong bought her last week.  I remember how happy she was when our maknae gave that to her.  You should have gave her something too.  Aish no.

“I prepared breakfast.  You should eat before you go to wor--- wait, your necktie..”  Without hesitation, Jieun pushes the door and close the distance between us.  I was taken aback by her careless action and before I can even held another breath, her hands are on my necktie, tying it the way it should really be.  What is she doing?  Why is she laying her hands on me?  This is a complete harassment.  She is just TYING your tie, idiot.  Don’t think too much.

“Done.  You look more handsome now.”  Her hands presses gently against my chest as if brushing some dust off from my suit and another quick second, she is at the door again.  “Others are eating already.  See you at the kitchen.”  She smiled then left with a happy footsteps.

I heave a sigh and grab my bag. I am full of thoughts on how to work and performed well in the office while helping Jieun out and here she is, making my heart feels like it’s going to explode anytime.  What are you saying Kim Myungsoo?  You’re just thinking idiotly.  Compose yourself.  Don’t explode yet.  You got a lot of things to work on.

I walked to the kitchen where the other guys with Jieun are starting to eat already.   Woohyun and Dongwoo are bickering over a piece of toasted bread while Jieun is happily talking with Sungjong.  Everyone got used on her presence while here I am, busy building a wall that keeps on falling everytime she looks at me.

“Good morning L!  Its your first day working at your father’s company.  Hwaiting!”  Sunggyu said as he fill up my plate with friend rice.  I shrug my shoulder and sit between Hoya and Sungyeol across Jieun. 

___

“What do you mean you’ll be working with Jieun’s company?”  Woohyun jumps in as Myungsoo announces that he’ll be working.

“Not literally.  I went today in my father’s company and checked over his business with the Lee’s.  They are partner.  Currently, Jieun’s father is not going to work because of depression and her stepmother is the Acting President right now.”  Myungsoo glances at Jieun to check her reaction.  She flinches upon hearing her father and stepmother’s status.

“So what exactly are you planning?”  Hoya and Sungyeol duet with their question of curiosity.

“Investigate.  I don’t know how and when to start but admit it guys, Jieun can’t just stay here with us hiding from them.  Her father must be so worried.  She can’t continue living just inside this house.  I am not saying I don’t want her here but---“  Myungsoo stopped as Jieun’s hand hold her arm.

“I understand what you are explaining.”  Jieun smiled at him sincerely then bow.  “Thank you Myungsoo…oppa.”  She said in a low soft voice.

Dugeun…. Dugeun….

---

Update. ♥

MyungU shipper, spread #MyungU love on tumblr here .  I happened to see one of my readers there who is writing an FF here too. :)