The Nightmare

When Snow White Fell on your Doorstep

 

The car stops in a dark alley.  She looks at his eyes over the rearview mirror.  He looks so anxious under his lashes.  The tension is rising inside the car, making her more uneasy and nervous from the time he asked her to help him pick some things in the grocery late that night.

“S-sanghyunnie, is there a problem?  Why did we stop here?”  She fails to hide the nervousness on her voice, making the young man looks at her once more with a more strained look.  She opens to asks him again, but he raises his right hand, telling her to stop talking.

“You need to die, Jieun.  Now. “He whispers his words, but loud enough that she hears him.  She shudders with fear, meeting his eyes with her own wide gaze, wishing he is just joking….

 

“Is she really okay, Hyung?  She’s been sleeping for two days!  Why don’t we bring her to the hospital?!”

“Such a soft, whining voice… where am I?”

“We can’t do that.  I explained that already!”

“Is he mad?  Are they talking about me?”

“Sungjongie, when would you shut up really?  My ears are hurting already!  If you used that loud voice of yours to wake her up, then it’ll be better for all of us.”

“Sungjongie?  I don’t know him.  And I am awake.  Can’t you see that I am awake?”

“”And besides, hyung is a practicing doctor!  Don’t you trust Sunggyu hyung?”

“Sunggyu?  Hyung?  Am I kidnapped by bunch of good guys?”

“Enough guys.  Let’s just hope she’ll wake up soon.”

“But I am awake!!!!”

“Let’s go downstairs.  Is Myungsoo home already?”

“Myungsoo?  Lots of names.  Talk to me people.”

“Not yet hyung.  But he said he’ll be coming back tonight.  I don’t know if I wanted to witness his reaction if he sees his bed occupied by someone.”

“Am I that “someone” occupying his bed?  Is he going to be mad at me?”

“Me too.  Its because someone over here don’t want to lend his bed.”

“Hyunggggg!  I love my bed a lot.  Besides, L hyung is absent, so he needs to sacrifice his bed.”

“This bed is comfortable.  Let me stay….”  And darkness succumbs her once more….

 

Her feet sore.  is dry from running too fast.  Her heart is aching with fear and sadness.  Her mind tries to straighten out to keep her thinking clears, but it moves back twirling like a crazy, erasing all the possibility of keeping her safe.  Why me?  Why?

 

She opens her eyes and total darkness welcomes her.  She blinks.

“I’m alive…”  She whispers.  She lifts her right arm but flinches as pain rises from her shoulder.  “Shut up .”  He pushes her to the ground.  Her right shoulder hits the cold pavement, and pain envelops her, making her wince loudly.  “I said shut up…”  He slaps her.

‘S-stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  She screams in terror, eyes wide, and hands gripping the blanket tight.  She will die.  “You need to die, Jieun.  Now.”

The door of the room shuts open.  Light flooded the place, blinding her scared eyes for a while.

“Miss, calm down.”  A soft hand taps her face gently.  She blinks, clearing her line of vision.  And there are six pairs of eyes staring at her, with awe and emotions she can’t name.

Where am I?”