We Meet Again

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Six – We Meet Again

“Uhm, hello, Kyungsoo.”

“Oh, hello Yoona. Have a seat.” Kyungsoo gave her a tiny smile before ushering her to sit down.

Yoona sat on the chair and gazed to the surrounding for a mere moment before a waitress came to their table to take Yoona’s order.

“Uhm, Yoona,” Kyungsoo started his words after the waitress had done taking her order. “I’m sorry if I take your time this today.”

“It’s okay, Kyungsoo,” Yoona answered with a beaming smile. “Plus, I’m not really busy today so that’s why I agreed when you wanted to meet me this afternoon.” Though she was feeling a bit peculiar when Kyungsoo all of a sudden texted her this morning and said he wanted to meet her this afternoon. Although the two of them were not really close, they did know each other. In fact, Kyungsoo was Kai’s best friend and Yoona used to be Kai’s girlfriend and automatically, they knew each other. Kai often brought Kyungsoo along if he got to meet with Yoona. But since Yoona had parted ways with Kai for the sake of her marriage, they hadn’t met each other for a quite while. But it didn’t make them to split their friendship too. For Yoona, Kyungsoo was always be her friend.

“It’s good to hear then,” he replied and sipped his ice lemon tea. “Actually the reason why I wanted to meet you today because of Kai.”

“What?” she almost snapped, astonished. Her eyebrows knitted together in massive astonishment. “Kai?”

“Uhm, yeah,” he remarked, letting a out an audible sigh. “It’s about Kai, Yoona.”

The waitress appeared at them for the order, interrupting their intense conversation for a moment. “What’s up with him?” she questioned after the waitress had gone. “Is he sick?”

“No, he isn’t sick, Yoona-ssi.” Kyungsoo shook his head mildly.

“Then, what’s wrong with him?”

“He’s being another person since you’ve gotten married.” He emitted sigh again. “He changed so drastically.”

“Kyungsoo,” Yoona shook her head several times frustratingly. She didn’t know what to say about Kai anymore. She thought Kai would have been crystal clear with her stern warning the moment when he met her at her workplace. But he had become worsened day by day. Kai had never given up on her. He hadn’t changed and didn’t want to start his life anew without her. He just couldn’t digest the fact that she had already married wih Luhan. “I utterly don’t know what to say about Kai. I thought my stern warning to him on that day would’ve changed him, but it seemingly didn’t work. I really don’t know what to do, Kyungsoo.”

“Me too, Yoona.” Kyungsoo sighed for the countless times. He could’ve been nuts thinking about Kai. “I really thought he would’ve changed, but he wouldn’t. He keeps denying your marriage and still thinking and mentioning your name everyday,” he added glumly.

“Then what should I do now?”

Kyungsoo smiled insipidly. “You don’t have to do anything, Yoona-ssi. If you were to appear again in front of him and console  him, it would’ve made things become more serious, though.”

“All right then.” She nodded. “But how are you going to do, Kyungsoo?”

“I’ll find a way for that.” He beamed reassuringly. “Don’t worry, okay?”

“All right then.” Though she felt relieved when Kyungsoo said he would find a way on how to fix Kai back to normal and start his new fresh life without her.

Suddenly, there was a ‘beep’ sound through Yoona’s cell phone speaker which meant there was a new text message received. Instantly, Yoona grabbed her cell phone and opened the text message.

Yoona-yah ♡ , are you free around 2 pm today? If you’re free, let’s go shopping! - Jessica

Yoona curved a grin upon reading the text message. Jessica wanted to go shopping and she invited her along. Since she would be free after this, she would definitely agree to go shopping with her.

Sica-yah ♡, I'm super duper free so let’s go then! – Yoona

Kyungsoo gazed momentarily at her upon there was a text message through her cell phone. He could vividly see Yoona’s grin upon reading the text message and he was somewhat curious to know who was the sender. Could it be her husband, Luhan?

“You look happy after reading the text message, Yoona,” he uttered. “Were your husband who sent the text message, by any chance, Yoona-ssi?”

“It wasn’t him actually, Kyungsoo,” she corrected. “It was Sica-yah, my friend.”

“Ah, I thought it was him.” He chortled mildly. “Anyways, are you happy marrying with him, Yoona-ssi?”

“I suppose.” Yoona nodded sheepishly.

“Well, that’s good to hear then.”

***

There were not really people at the coffee shop on that evening, though. Maybe majority of people were working on that time. Only youths were seen around the coffee shop with their respective friends and partners.

The atmosphere was rather idyllic and it made Seohyun feel calm, drinking warm coffee at the coffee table while waiting for Luhan’s presence. At first, she felt sort of odd when Luhan wanted to meet her all of a sudden. It looked like he had something urgent to tell her.

She glanced at her wristwatch. It h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter