Almost

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty – Almost

Seohyun sipped her Mocha Frappuccino whilst patiently waiting for Luhan’s arrival. They had promised to meet up today as both of them had some things to discuss.

Though she was really on edge at the moment, she tried to cheer herself up. She wondered what kind of things he wanted to say, but she could somehow guess what was it. Although she might be receiving pain after this, she would try to cope it well. It wasn’t like she hadn’t geared up to face the truth. She had been waiting for it since what she heard from her sister, Taeyeon.

“Am I late?” Luhan finally showed up after several minutes. From her observation, he seemed at ease as if he had been waiting for this moment to come.

Seohyun cracked a tiny smile and shook her head mildly. “I’ve just arrived a moment ago.”

“Really?” He quirked an eyebrow suspiciously.

“Hmm,” she merely hummed, nodding. “Anyway, long time no see, Luhan. It’s good to meet you again.”

“Oh about that, I’m really sorry. I’ve been busy lately,” he enlightened, sounding so nervous all of a sudden as if he wasn’t being genuine. “Had load of works at office… Plus, there are a lot of tenders that keep on coming in.”

“I understand your job as director, Luhan,” she responded calmly with a light nod. “You’ve been busy… I understand so don’t worry much,” she trailed off a moment before continuing, “Speaking of which, how about Yoona-ssi lately? Is she fine?”

Luhan was flustered upon her unexpected inquiry. He was caught off guard the moment she was asking about Yoona’s condition. “Oh, she’s just fine…”

“Oh, I see…”

Though he was quizzical, he didn’t bother asking further. “Seohyun, I have something to tell you and I hope you will comprehend to what I’m going to say.”

“I know what you’re going to say, Luhan,” she chimed in abruptly, rendering the elder shocked. “Action speaks louder than word, after all.”

“You know?”

“You don’t want to pursue this relationship anymore, do you?”

“Listen here, Seohyun…” He took a deep breath. “I know this is so sudden but I really have no-”

“No feelings for me anymore?” She stared into his eyes coolly.

“How’d you know?” The elder seemed astonished.

“Like I just said; action speaks louder than word,” she answered, “Though you don’t say anything, I’ve already known what’s on your mind, Luhan.”

Silence broke in when he was speechless; his mouth was stiff to utter a single word.

“Frankly speaking, I kind of know that you seem to have no feelings for me, Luhan…. You can’t take your eyes off Yoona-ssi whenever he’s in front of you. I know that but I pretended not to know because…. My heart hurts so much seeing how you look at her.”

“I’m sorry,” were the only words he could give to her. He was remorseful towards her but he can’t do nothing. His heart was only for his wife, Im Yoona. His affections for Seohyun had completely vanished the moment he tied the knots with his wife.

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry,” she noted meaningfully.

Luhan’s eyes gawked at her. “What’d you mean?”

Seohyun felt like crying at this moment but she held it in. She didn’t want to look weak in front of him. She briskly wiped off the tears that welled up in her eyes.

“Nothing, Luhan. Just don’t bother to thinking about it,” she said after getting better. She had completely stopped the tears from trickling down her cheeks. “Nevertheless, I hope you’ll be happy with your wife from now on.”

“Seohyun, listen to me…” Luhan felt so greedy if he simply left Seohyun like this. So he had to do something to make up for her before they officially parted ways and walked to their own path. “I know I’m sinned but I’m really sorry.” He heaved a prolonged sigh at the end of his remark.

“I had no idea why I was deeply in love with Yoona though I had something to do with you but all the bad intentions towards her disappeared all of a sudden. I got distracted and literally played the role as her real husband. I mean, I don’t know why but the longer I lived with her, the feelings had become so real and when I realized, I had fallen for her. Completely.”

His words were as though a blade pierced through her heart ultimately. She bit her lip, trying to contain her dismay. “I know what you felt, Luhan.” She faked a big smile and continued, “If I were in your shoes, I would’ve been just like you.” She let out a bland chuckle. “Falling in love with someone when you don’t realize it.”

Somehow, he could feel the warmth of her heart. He knew she was trying her best to control her feelings. But what can he do? He can do nothing. If he were to be tolerant, he would leave Yoona again and he will cry himself silly for being a complete fool again.

But sometimes, you had to sacrifice something for the sake of your beloved one. You can’t be greedy with what you had right now. If you were, those things that you treasured would simply vanish in an instant.

“Luhan, before you go leave me today,” she said, “I have something to confess.”

“What is it?”

“Actually, the bracelet that I said was stolen… was just a lie.” She held in her breath deeply before she let it out. She felt so much lighter right now upon the confession. “I did the whole scheme just to make you hate Yoona-ssi even more. I did it and nailed it. She was dubbed as the thief in the end.”

Luhan’s face went fuming red in an instant. “What the fu-”

“Look here… I know I’m so foolish to have done that stupid thing but I’m really sorry. I was so dumb back then. I swear I’ll do what it takes to have you… but in the end, I had to admit defeat.”

Yes, he was indeed mad upon her unexpected confession. Well, who wouldn’t get mad if someone you love was accused for doing thing that she didn’t do? But Luhan knew, if he were to throw a fit, it would mean nothing now. Everyone had completely forgotten the whole stealing scandal and so did him. If Seohyun didn’t confess just now, he wouldn’t have thought to come across the scene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter