Love Note

Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Eight – Love Note

“Luhan-ah,” Chen said as he stood in front of the door, peeking a sight of the busy Luhan with his paperworks.

“Hmm?” He plunked his pen aside and tilted his head at his friend keenly. “What’s the matter?”

“Let’s go lunch after this. My treat.” He knew Luhan was a person who wasn’t inclined to eat during lunchtime; he would rather do his own things in his office room. Still, he asked him in case if he wanted to go lunch today since his girlfriend, Luna couldn’t make up today.

Luhan grinned elatedly, causing his friend to be dumbstruck. “I’m sorry, Chen-ah but I can’t make it. I’ve already had a lunch date after this.”

Chen raised an eyebrow, giving the elder  a surprised look. “Oh, really? It’s okay then,” he answered, “but who’s the person, Luhan-ah?”

“Yoona,” he simply stated, smiling broadly again.

“Yoona? Seriously?” His eyes widened due to the shock. “I thought you two had a fight recently.”

Luhan chuckled amusingly. “Well, I have no idea too but just now, she suddenly texted me to have lunch together.” The moment when his wife asked him for lunch, he was astounded for a minute. It was beyond his expectation that the latter would actually want to eat lunch together after what had happened this morning. Maybe she had decided to give him a second chance? Well, it might be true but Luhan didn’t want to put any hope on it because he didn’t want to be disappointed in the end.

“So does that mean she wants a reconciliation?”

“Maybe,” Luhan simply answered. A bright smile flitted his face unconsciously. He was really looking forward to the lunch.

***

Another silence broke in the atmosphere and it made the two of them become even more uncomfortable and restless. Kyungsoo would rather juggle with his cell phone meanwhile Kai was doing nothing than sipping his drink and staring at Kyungsoo occasionally.

“Uhm, Kyungsoo, are you, uhm, fine?” Kai tried his best to break the air of awkwardness. He looked at the apathetic elder with a pair of hopeful eyes that he would respond to his question.

“Hmm?” Kyungsoo was undoubtedly startled by his sudden question. He widened his eyes slightly and tried to be calm. He didn’t want to be frail in front of him. “I’m just… fine. You?”

“I’m just… like always,” he replied, “nothing’s changed since we last met.” A heavy sigh was heaved sluggishly at the end of his remark.

“Really?” He frowned. “I thought you were happy being with Yoona…”

He chuckled, almost bitterly. “Who says? Rather of feeling happy, I felt like being in hell.”

His frown deepened as if he was trying to get a grasp of his words. “What’d you mean, Kai-yah? I don’t understand.”

“Well, it’s not that important, though… so don’t bother thinking about it,” Kai answered plainly and the latter nodded in agreement.

“Anyway, Kyungsoo-yah…” The younger fidgeted edgily at his seat as he peered at him meaningfully. “About what Eunji had said when both of you came over to my office, did you-”

“Eunji didn’t mean to say those words to you. I know her. She’s not a girl who would do that.”

“Then we are still friends?” Kai asked curiously, his eyes widened in anticipation.

“You think?”

The younger snorted slightly. He then curved a grin on his lips. “I think we’re still friends.”

“Then let’s just follow what you think,” Kyungsoo replied, smiling.

He breathed out a sigh of relief after hearing the words from his mouth. They were still friends but somehow, he felt skeptical. A tinge of peculiarity suddenly stabbed through his heart. He wanted more than a title of ‘friend’. But he shouldn’t be greedy. Kyungsoo had accepted him as a friend though he had done something so horrible to him so why should he demand for more?

“Kyungsoo-yah… you know… that… uhm… if you’re fine, I want… uhm… to be your-”

“I solely think we’re fine by just being friends, Kai-yah.”

“Eh?”

Kyungsoo smiled significantly. “I know that both of us have felt something more than friendship and… you know, it’s kind of unexpected to have developed this kind of deep affection but I think it’s enough for us to just stay being friends.”

“So you know that I love you?”

“Do you have to be so blunt?” The elder laughed in embarrassment, his cheeks blushed furiously.

Kai chuckled after realizing that he was being quite straightforward. “But I couldn’t debate what I feel towards you, Kyungsoo-yah. I love you more than a friend. I mean, I really, really love you.”

“But it’d be better for us to stay being friends,” he reacted calmly.

“But why?” His voice was heavily dripped with utter devastation. “I want more than being friends, Kyungsoo-yah…”

Kyungsoo just smiled for a moment; he wasn’t feel thrilled of Kai’s words. He sure wanted to pursue this relationship to something bigger but he positively knew that it was beyond their dream. “I can’t… you deserve a better person and so do I,” he said inconsistently, bobbing his head down. He can’t stand looking at Kai. “Eunji needs me more…”

Kai was sure taken aback by his confession. Though he knew that Kyungsoo loved him too, he already had Eunji by his side. But what about him? He didn’t have anyone beside him right now. He felt lonely. Utterly lonely, for heaven’s sake.

But when he contemplated the thoughts momentarily, he shouldn’t have said he didn’t have anyone beside him. He had Kyungsoo by his side. He had a wonderful friend who will always root for him through thick and thin.

“I’m such a fool,” Kai said, letting out a laugh. “I didn’t think of Eunji before this. Yeah, she sure needs you more than I am. But it doesn’t mean you’d overlook me, right?”

“Who says?” Kyungsoo beamed. “You have a soft spot in my heart and no one can’t take your place there though you’ve once run away from me.” Kyungsoo burst into laughter and so did Kai.

***

“I’m not late, right?” That were Luhan’s first words when he reached the restaurant. He sat in front of her leisurely.

“Well, you’re not.” Yoona pulled out a pout. “But if you were to be late today, I’d actually leave you without saying anything!”

The elder chortled happily and took a look at the food and drinks on the table. “Wow, you’ve ordered mine as well?” Luhan’s eyes widened. “Pizza beef? How’d you know that I like this pizza?”

She pouted again. “I wouldn’t have been your wife if I didn’t know what is your favourite food.”

“So, you’re now officially my wife, eh?” Luhan winked his eyes and received a death glare from the latter. He then emitted a laugh in return.

He took a quite big bite of the delicious pizza and said, “So, why you wanted to meet me today, Yoona?” He stared at the younger in curiosity as he sipped his cola.

Yoona held in a deep breath and held out sluggishly. “Actually I wanted to-”

“Patch back?” Luhan cut in abruptly. A big smile had already twisted on his lips. “After what we had done this morning, you’ve come to realize that you couldn’t live without me?”

The younger snorted in dissatisfaction. She didn’t like when Luhan chimed in when she still hadn’t finished talking. “Could you please listen to me until I finish? Seriously, I’d really love to take out what I’m going to say just now!”

“Okay okay, I won’t disturb you again.” He grinned shamelessly.

Yoona took a deep breath again and gazed at her calm husband. “After much thoughts, I think I’m going to give you a second chance.”

“Like I guessed! You can’t live without me!”

“Luhan!”

“Okay, I’ll be silent.”

Yoona didn’t know Luhan would be this noisy. Once again, she promptly heaved a deep breath and continued what she couldn’t say just now. “I know you’ve made a big mistake, Luhan but it doesn’t mean that I have the right to punish you so awfully. It’s not like you’re the only one who make mistake. You’re a human and everyone makes mistake including me. So here, I’m sorry because I’ve been neglecting you for these past weeks. I’m really sorry, Luhan…”

“It’s okay,” he remarked, smiling. Somehow, his smile seemed slightly off. “I deserved it… I’ve inwardly betrayed you and when everything’s been unfolded, I can’t explain about the truth. I’m really, really sorry, Yoona. I’ve done a lot of sins towards you. I… really can’t-”

“I’ve heard everything from Sica-yah. She told me that you came to her office for an apology.”

“What?” His eyes bulged out. “She told you? Aish, I’ve asked her not to tell you but ugh! She broke the promise, like seriously!”

“So what if I know?” she questioned. “Is that wrong?”

“Nope… it’s not wrong but I feel embarrassed, you know.” He fiddled his finger at the edge of the plate. “I was hit by her right on my face and as a guy, I felt quite ashamed to be hit by a woman. My pride’s been awfully tarnished. And yet, I came to see her at office for an apology!”

Yoona chuckled in amusement. “Still, you’re awesome, you know? Guys wouldn’t have done like you did, for your information.”

Luhan’s lips started to fill with a smug smile. “Am I that awesome? Then you must be proud to be my wife, don’t you?”

Instead of replying to his question, she just stuck her tongue out t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter